FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How many of you have gone to meets where they look nothing like their pics?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We've been very lucky so far but one couple told us they had a horrific meet

Any stories to share?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not on this site but another well known site I started chatting to a guy. Exchanged pics, chatted on the phone for a few weeks. I didn't have a webcam at the time so just assumed the pics were of the guy I was meeting. Decided to meet in the pub across the road from my friends flat. Go in expecting to meet a hunk turns out said hunk was 20 years older than the pics he sent he also had teeth missing and what were left were various shades of brown going on black. Not knowing what to do I sat down with him where he spent the next 2 hours telling me all about turbo van engines. I ended up sneaking to the toilet ringing my friend and asking her to come rescue me which luckily she did. The worst part was he expected a goodnight kiss which I just couldn't do and for the next 2 weeks he practically stalked me.

By *unkysoulWoman
over a year ago

Mitcham, Surrey

My delicious 6'2" guy turned out to be 5'5"...guess he thought I wouldn't notice....him!!!

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

When I first arranged to meet Mr Law on his single profile, I was sitting in the café we were going to meet then suddenly started to panic - was he going to turn up in his 'black cop' uniform? Thank goodness he was in his civvies ....; and the rest is history.

over a year ago

Have been lucky so far and say no it has not happened but am always so careful. Xx

over a year ago

"My delicious 6'2" guy turned out to be 5'5"...guess he thought I wouldn't notice....him!!!"

I have had that too. I turned up in 4 inch heels so made me about 6ft. He told me he was 6ft1 so I thought it would be ok. He was actually 5ft3 lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/10/15 21:20:19]

over a year ago

Yes we had 2 in the past! Off hete too lol

1 couple looked ok so agreed to meet. Gets there they were both shirt looked old and to top it off he sounded camp.no offence but put us right off. So headed for a nice hour an half drive home.

Other 1 looked ok so agreed to meet. Get there and they'd aged! They said their pics was about a year old..more like 5! Another wasted trip. So we're both rare now upon having wasted trips

over a year ago

*short not shirt lol

over a year ago

"My delicious 6'2" guy turned out to be 5'5"...guess he thought I wouldn't notice....him!!!"

Personally I couldn't give a shit about being short, but I've got a funny story about a mate of mine who's 5ft 7...

Basically insecure about his height, but was really into tall women ... anyway, he ordered these "lift" things to go into his shoes, and with some thick soles managed to elevate himself from 5ft 7 to almost 5ft 10!

Anyway, he went out on this date with a tall, leggy ex model ... they hit it off and really started to get on well.

So, worried about his lie he then bought a load more different size "lifts" so he could gradually reduce his height, and hope she wouldn't notice.

About 2 months into this, now at his normal height, she turned round and said "I love it that you're short and don't care ... that's probably why I never noticed at first. Most guys are really insecure about it but it's never actually bothered me!"

over a year ago

"Yes we had 2 in the past! Off hete too lol

1 couple looked ok so agreed to meet. Gets there they were both shirt looked old and to top it off he sounded camp.no offence but put us right off. So headed for a nice hour an half drive home.

Other 1 looked ok so agreed to meet. Get there and they'd aged! They said their pics was about a year old..more like 5! Another wasted trip. So we're both rare now upon having wasted trips "

Oh I met a guy off here who sounded very camp too and yes it put me off, I felt a bit guilty but I couldn't get past it

But yes, met many people that look different from pics. Camera angle has a lot to answer for!

over a year ago

We've been fortunate so far with the people we've met from here.

over a year ago

When I first joined here on another profile ! One of my first meets was in a pub !! With a guy I had struck a rapport with ! Had turned up looked nothing like his pics !! I actually stated this

His answer was I wanted too be discreet !!

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

Not actually a meet. We went to Bristol Gardens in Brighton a few years ago. while we were in the cafe area, a couple came up to us smiling and talking like they knew us.

We wracked our brains (doesn't take long ) but couldn't place them although they looked familiar. It turned out they were a couple we had been chatting to with a view to meet. They looked about 30 years older than their pictures.

When we asked about the pictures, they said that posting the up to date ones would mean the didn't get meets! Needless to say, we didn't continue chatting to them....

over a year ago

Only the once. Turned up at the coffee shop took one look at him and walked straight back out

over a year ago

Happened to us recently . We exchanged face pics and arranged to meet up . Arrived at the pub and just about recognised the guy standing at the bar ordering drinks , and I emphasise 'just' !! . We look round for the lady , and only by process of elimination , she sitting on her own were we able to 'recognise them' . Their photos were probably 10 years old and 3 stone out of date . He recognised us and we all sat down for a slightly awkward , but polite conversation where the lady of the couple regaled us with their horror meets about hating people who didn't have up to date pics! .

Needless to say ...... We didn't play !

over a year ago

Yes. Some better. Some worse.

I know this goes against the grain, but some of the best looking people I met were those who wouldn't show a face pic.

over a year ago

I once met someone who said he was five ten & he was at least three inches shorter... and he looked about a decade older than his photos

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

No, but a couple of meets - the guys photos on here didn't do them justice and they actually looked better in the flesh!

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"No, but a couple of meets - the guys photos on here didn't do them justice and they actually looked better in the flesh!"

Funny you should say that I find the woman normally look better in their pictures due to posing camera angles and the like than they do in the flesh

But that's OK as I never and I mean never judge on a picture or appearance in the flesh .

Sexual chemistry all the way for me and I find with me that chemistry is about 25 percent based on the fresh the other 75 percent on their personality .

over a year ago

Only one. I did have some reservations beforehand but I went anyway. Should have gone with my gut instinct.

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

Not off here but I met a lady off pof about 2 years ago who claimed to be 39 and looked really hot..

When she turned up she had to be 15-20 years older. She must of thought she pulled because I had a massive smile as I thought it was hilarious she thought she'd get away with it.

Luckily my son rang and I said I had to go...

over a year ago

I have one horror story that was so bad I can't actually repeat it without wanting to vomit.

The upshot was I got home, completely deleted my profile, and didn't come back for about 6 months

over a year ago

It's all been great so far

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

Had a couple of meets where the guys have clearly lied about their ages and used very old pictures one drink and it was goodbye from us

over a year ago

"Only one. I did have some reservations beforehand but I went anyway. Should have gone with my gut instinct."

I just remembered another one from over a year ago. He looked like his pics, cant think why I went, only a social. He had said he had a young son, he actually brought him to the social with me. Luckily for me id bumped into a friend beforehand and ok, think bad of me but as I wasnt too keen but when he turned up for the meet, he looked a bit different to his pics, plus kid in tow, I asked her to phone me on a rescue call, after 20 minutes. She did.

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple
over a year ago

Nr coleford

Had a social planed in a coffee shop good job too from the fuzzy picture we had a guy turn up who was a dodgy professor type

By *errynjuneCouple
over a year ago

Barnsley

What , you mean all this must send face pics stuff does not work. Thought it was guarenteed foolproof. What the hell is wrong when sending a face pic don't work.

over a year ago

"We've been very lucky so far but one couple told us they had a horrific meet

Any stories to share?"

A few , but wouldn't talk about them on here

over a year ago

It hasn't happened to me. One or two have been shorter than they claimed, but I always anticipate that anyway.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I have one horror story that was so bad I can't actually repeat it without wanting to vomit.

The upshot was I got home, completely deleted my profile, and didn't come back for about 6 months "

Vomit? Omg

over a year ago

I once had a (very quick) meet with a female who had fab pics,,looked the part/looked genuine. She turned out to be a hopeless d*unk with skanky teeth and dog breath. I fled...urghhhh

over a year ago

Only twice both couples and with both the female lied about their size, both were much bigger than they had said or that their pics has shown

over a year ago

Met two guys on a dating site who weren't even the guy on their pics! They'd both stolen a (far better looking) friend's pics and posted them! They still tried to persuade me that they were decent, honest guys deserving of a relationship with me though!

It was one of the things that drove me off dating and onto fab!

X

over a year ago

"Met two guys on a dating site who weren't even the guy on their pics! They'd both stolen a (far better looking) friend's pics and posted them! They still tried to persuade me that they were decent, honest guys deserving of a relationship with me though!

It was one of the things that drove me off dating and onto fab!

X"

Ps - on here I haven't met anyone with completely fake pics but a lot of people I see on the club and party scene - mostly women - are several sizes bigger than their pics would suggest! Personally I don't see the point - but I guess it must work for them! X

By *ave mesmersMan
over a year ago

dudley

A few were its dubious how many decades ago the pics were taken and numerous meets with couples when only the male turns up lol

over a year ago

"No, but a couple of meets - the guys photos on here didn't do them justice and they actually looked better in the flesh!"

Ive had this too!

By *roffGentlemanMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Met a couple at a bar and the lady was about 8 dress sizes larger than their description & pics. When asked if we wanted to progress the relationship we politely declined.

over a year ago

"No, but a couple of meets - the guys photos on here didn't do them justice and they actually looked better in the flesh!

Ive had this too!"

Yeah I've had a few pleasant surprises too

over a year ago

"No, but a couple of meets - the guys photos on here didn't do them justice and they actually looked better in the flesh!

Ive had this too!

Yeah I've had a few pleasant surprises too "

A lot of people say they're pleasantly surprised when they meet me! I think they're just pleasantly surprised that I'm not accompanied by a full time carer though!!

By *andb69Couple
over a year ago

leeds

We only play in clubs so it has never happened to us - in a club you can see what you are getting before you make contact!

over a year ago

quite a lot - mostly look way better in the flesh than on the pics - we get told the same - we have had a couple of couples whre the pics were oldish and gave a false impression of shape shall we say

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

Not really. Most are good representations. A couple of ladies have been bigger than they appeared but otherwise it's been as expected.

I however, have been told to get new pics because they "do nothing for me". Make of that what you will.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Noone has lied I'm usually pleasantly surprised, but I've had two guys one was recommended by a friend and said to take no notice of his picture has he was crap at taking them, it was an awful picture in fairness and I may not have met but he was lovely looking lad in the flesh.

Then another guy, who again hadn't lied but was absolutley bloody gorgeous in the flesh, I gold him to take his photo off and start again.

On social nights I've seen some and thought mmmmmmm what a difference a good camera angle makes

By *ivinefoxWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

Met someone from another site who described himself as a ' sexy city lawyer', looked ok in his black and white photos but was about 3 inches shorter than me, had black teeth, but worst of all, had a really boring monotone voice

( think John Major!)

He was a 'Dom' and I couldn't imagine submitting to him with that voice...

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"Only one. I did have some reservations beforehand but I went anyway. Should have gone with my gut instinct.

I just remembered another one from over a year ago. He looked like his pics, cant think why I went, only a social. He had said he had a young son, he actually brought him to the social with me. Luckily for me id bumped into a friend beforehand and ok, think bad of me but as I wasnt too keen but when he turned up for the meet, he looked a bit different to his pics, plus kid in tow, I asked her to phone me on a rescue call, after 20 minutes. She did. "

I thought rescue calls were common I've been on many a social with a woman for her phone to go off and she doesn't answer it just checks it going its OK it just my friend they can wait .

over a year ago

We've not really had this happen.

But if it did happen, I wouldn't even feel the need to sit through a drink with them or have a rescue call. I would leave and I would tell them why.

This goes for people who are purposely deceptive, not people who are just clever with angles.

-Courtney

over a year ago

We've chatted to a couple who had their ages down as early 40's but looking at their pictures obviously were a lot older ?

Now it begs to ask why tell porky pies about either ? Just be honest then you'll not only attract who your looking for but do it without wasting people's time ?

Luckily our pictures are up to date so what you see is what you get! ( well hers are lol )

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"We've not really had this happen.

But if it did happen, I wouldn't even feel the need to sit through a drink with them or have a rescue call. I would leave and I would tell them why.

This goes for people who are purposely deceptive, not people who are just clever with angles.

-Courtney"

Should be glad you didn't just walk off then

over a year ago

"We've not really had this happen.

-Courtney

Should be glad you didn't just walk off then "

Oh, we were close

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

Any stories to share?"

I've met a couple now where they are considerably older than they purport to be and obviously use old pics on the site. Some even seem to suggest that knocking 5 years off your age is simply par for the course on the swinging scene....wtf is that all about? I hate it when people are clearly much older or not in the same kind of shape as their descriptions and pics have lead you to believe..at the end of the day it is simply dishonest and will always lead to a disappointing meet IMHO

By *odramafunCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire/staffordshire

Yes.. Met a couple... He turned into an ogre rather than the model pictures and sadly her picture not realistic too..... Learn to laugh and move on

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Yes.. Met a couple... He turned into an ogre rather than the model pictures and sadly her picture not realistic too..... Learn to laugh and move on "

As with all disappointment in life

over a year ago

Have met a few "45" year old pensioners...

By *odramafunCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire/staffordshire

"Yes.. Met a couple... He turned into an ogre rather than the model pictures and sadly her picture not realistic too..... Learn to laugh and move on

As with all disappointment in life "

True s

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I always Skype before a social just to make sure that there's an initial attraction. The guy came on Skype and actually had a completely different skin colour to his pictures and thought I wouldn't even notice that! He in the end said he was using his friend's account as he didn't have one...yeah course...

Next!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Not really. Most are good representations. A couple of ladies have been bigger than they appeared but otherwise it's been as expected.

I however, have been told to get new pics because they "do nothing for me". Make of that what you will. "

By most of us. I wish you'd bloody listen but then again, you've got quite a few in the queue

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Have to say, not from fab - everyone has been honest on here...

From previous online dating, some horror stories. The guy who sent me his younger brothers picture (His brother was obviously the gifted one in the family - he was not nearly as good looking, and much heavier) The 43 year old who I met who still lived with his mum, and had a BO and halitosis problem and his pictures were 10 years out of date... The fella I walked past as he'd sent me his sons pictures and completely lied about everything... and the woman I met again - pictures a good 10 years out of date, and the intervening years had not been kind...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh and I'm really boring cause I look just like my pictures lol

over a year ago

Any stories to share?"

On a different profile I met a girl who said 40 more like 60 size 8 in photo more like size 18 in real life . And she is still on here and I still bump into her at Marks and Sparks which surprises me as she looks like she did her weekly shop T the pound shop .

over a year ago

Had one years ago (non Fab!)

I turned up and the pics were 10 years and about 6 stone out of date....

I didnt stick around too long, especially as it was supposed to be a 'date' (I was driving) and she wanted to get hammered on shots. With her mates...

over a year ago

One on one meets no. .not had any bad experiences regarding photos, had a few I wouldn't meet again because of bad breath or manky finger nails. ..but meets at clubs I struggle recognising people from their photos. .maybe it's the lighting

over a year ago

Any stories to share?

On a different profile I met a girl who said 40 more like 60 size 8 in photo more like size 18 in real life . And she is still on here and I still bump into her at Marks and Sparks which surprises me as she looks like she did her weekly shop T the pound shop . "

harsh

Post new Message to Thread