Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

An experiment!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Alright... so there was a thread in the Lounge last night where a man made a comment about if women block single men from messaging them, women should be unable to message single men as they've blocked single men from messaging them first, as a single woman might miss the opportunity to talk to a man who might be right up their alley. (Bear with me. )

So... I'm testing a method. As women infamously get a lot of messages, I've removed my message filters against single men and put a strict guideline of the type of men that I'm interested in. So, I'm going to test how many men follow a specific want or "type". After all, I might be pleasantly surprised.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You're doomed.

over a year ago

"You're doomed. "

I prefer optimistic to doomed

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Prepare for your inbox to be flooded.

I took off my filters a few days ago, genuinely looking for a single guy... 135 messages later - the majority of which were FAF... and I am considering going back to searching again, and putting the filter back on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well I don't meet your requirements so i'll just say hi here and good luck. Think you'll have that block back up soon lol. Always read the profile first to save wasting both my and the other persons time.

over a year ago

"Prepare for your inbox to be flooded.

I took off my filters a few days ago, genuinely looking for a single guy... 135 messages later - the majority of which were FAF... and I am considering going back to searching again, and putting the filter back on."

Aha, I'm only leaving them off for say... what's better, 6 or 12ish hours?

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I read the first line, failed on age grounds; didnt read any further and I will not be messaging..... Just perved the pics !

over a year ago

Was gonna message you till I seen your pics. You cant be over 6ft and you definitely ain't ripped so defo not for me. Sorry.

Haha

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"You're doomed.

I prefer optimistic to doomed "

No, I think doomed is the best descriptor for this one.

What a great idea, look forward to the results...

I suspect single men won't come out of this one looking good!

over a year ago

Currently... 0 out of 5

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

I took off my filters a few days ago, genuinely looking for a single guy... 135 messages later - the majority of which were FAF... and I am considering going back to searching again, and putting the filter back on.

Aha, I'm only leaving them off for say... what's better, 6 or 12ish hours? "

24hrs would be reasonable, you'll hit every category that way, those sneaking about being their wives back, shift workers, lonely piss heads etc......

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Good luck

over a year ago

24hrs would be reasonable, you'll hit every category that way, those sneaking about being their wives back, shift workers, lonely piss heads etc......"

Ooooh, good thinking. So, until 4pm tomorrow, it's open! Shall I remove the newbie/no public pics filters to make it totally fair?

over a year ago

I would message you as your gorgeous but I'm too young for you Haha, you need luck so here it is... Good luck

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

24hrs would be reasonable, you'll hit every category that way, those sneaking about being their wives back, shift workers, lonely piss heads etc......

Ooooh, good thinking. So, until 4pm tomorrow, it's open! Shall I remove the newbie/no public pics filters to make it totally fair?"

Nooooo, don't do it!! Your faith in human nature will be tried to the limit.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

Ooooh, good thinking. So, until 4pm tomorrow, it's open! Shall I remove the newbie/no public pics filters to make it totally fair?"

No, leave it as it is. Newbies can't be blamed for their ignorance, this will show those up who should know better. IMO

over a year ago

"I would message you as your gorgeous but I'm too young for you Haha, you need luck so here it is... Good luck "

You can only see my naked body! I might have a face like a pit bull

over a year ago

Ooooh, good thinking. So, until 4pm tomorrow, it's open! Shall I remove the newbie/no public pics filters to make it totally fair?

Nooooo, don't do it!! Your faith in human nature will be tried to the limit."

My faith in human nature is already pushed to the limit

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

Us poor guys we are officially at the level of lab rats

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/10/15 16:14:09]

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

My faith in human nature is already pushed to the limit "

Its a shame I'm away tomorrow to see the results of your experiment. I may have to use some 3G just to log in and check out this post.

over a year ago

My faith in human nature is already pushed to the limit "

Restore your faith, saw your age limits and read no further

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

How's it going?

over a year ago

"How's it going?"

7 since this post began... none fit at all

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Hi

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"How's it going?

7 since this post began... none fit at all "

You never know....how long is the experiment lol?

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Us poor guys we are officially at the level of lab rats "

Oh yes, you could see it like that........

Or the results might give you an insight into the crap that the ladies and couples have to deal with. It might help understand why those messages just get deleted and why you generally (though not specifically) struggle to get meets.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Damn if you were in central city I would have messaged

over a year ago

"How's it going?

7 since this post began... none fit at all

You never know....how long is the experiment lol?"

24 hours!

over a year ago

"Hi "

Fancy a fuck?

over a year ago

Just read your requirements and purely out of interest only how many do they need to fill. Is it 4/5 kinda thing or have to meet them all?

Mr

over a year ago

"Just read your requirements and purely out of interest only how many do they need to fill. Is it 4/5 kinda thing or have to meet them all?

Mr"

Good question... I guess it's like a 4/5 thing, but I've started with the most important qualities.

over a year ago

24hrs would be reasonable, you'll hit every category that way, those sneaking about being their wives back, shift workers, lonely piss heads etc......"

Needs to be 24 hours OP. I like experiments.

Put up a "leaving the site soon as I can't get any meets" status. That works like a dream.

over a year ago

Put up a "leaving the site soon as I can't get any meets" status. That works like a dream. "

You are so sneaky

over a year ago

Well I was going to message you out of the pure sport of it but a block and delete means no more perving, so I'm holding back ... for now!

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

Put up a "leaving the site soon as I can't get any meets" status. That works like a dream. "

No, that would be entrapment and would invalidate this important scientific study!!!!

Oh OP, this one really has my interest, well done.

By the way is your location linked to the name of a bar in the Nort East by chance?

over a year ago

Put up a "leaving the site soon as I can't get any meets" status. That works like a dream.

No, that would be entrapment and would invalidate this important scientific study!!!!

By the way is your location linked to the name of a bar in the Nort East by chance?"

Entrapment!!

Oops giving my secrets away...

over a year ago

By the way is your location linked to the name of a bar in the Nort East by chance?"

Nope, Batman reference

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

By the way is your location linked to the name of a bar in the Nort East by chance?

Nope, Batman reference "

Just give you an idea of what you may experience. Our profile used to be blocked to single guys, we decided that we would open it up and look for a single guy "Exceptional" with "Gravitas" as standard. 12 hours and 80 messages later; you wouldn't believe what passes for "Exceptional" on here and most haven't a clue what "Gravitas" means!

over a year ago

Nope, Batman reference

Just give you an idea of what you may experience. Our profile used to be blocked to single guys, we decided that we would open it up and look for a single guy "Exceptional" with "Gravitas" as standard. 12 hours and 80 messages later; you wouldn't believe what passes for "Exceptional" on here and most haven't a clue what "Gravitas" means!"

It's wot u av on chips.

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"Us poor guys we are officially at the level of lab rats

Or the results might give you an insight into the crap that the ladies and couples have to deal with. It might help understand why those messages just get deleted and why you generally (though not specifically) struggle to get meets."

I'm well aware of the crap everyone goes through on these kinds of sites and yes I agree women and couples get the lions share of that crap .

My post was tongue in cheek hence the emoji but lets not kid ourselves if the ladies or couples on here where being used s part of a experiment by a guy or dare I say the dreaded Sydney institute it wouldn't go down well at all

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Us poor guys we are officially at the level of lab rats

Or the results might give you an insight into the crap that the ladies and couples have to deal with. It might help understand why those messages just get deleted and why you generally (though not specifically) struggle to get meets.

I'm well aware of the crap everyone goes through on these kinds of sites and yes I agree women and couples get the lions share of that crap .

My post was tongue in cheek hence the emoji but lets not kid ourselves if the ladies or couples on here where being used s part of a experiment by a guy or dare I say the dreaded Sydney institute it wouldn't go down well at all "

Sorry fella, my post was also meant in jest I should have stuck some smilies on it to emphasise the fact. I thought your post was very funny by the way.

over a year ago

Up to 19... Shall I change my location too??

over a year ago

"I would message you as your gorgeous but I'm too young for you Haha, you need luck so here it is... Good luck

You can only see my naked body! I might have a face like a pit bull "

Do you though? Really?

over a year ago

"I would message you as your gorgeous but I'm too young for you Haha, you need luck so here it is... Good luck

Do you though? Really? "

Absolutely

over a year ago

Do you though? Really?

Absolutely "

Good job I like pitbulls really...

over a year ago

25...!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I failed immediately

over a year ago

"I failed immediately "

You have a nice bum!

over a year ago

Age has got the better of me yet again boo hoo lol

over a year ago

over a year ago

Nope, Batman reference

Just give you an idea of what you may experience. Our profile used to be blocked to single guys, we decided that we would open it up and look for a single guy "Exceptional" with "Gravitas" as standard. 12 hours and 80 messages later; you wouldn't believe what passes for "Exceptional" on here and most haven't a clue what "Gravitas" means!"

Whats "Exceptional" though

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

Nope, Batman reference

Just give you an idea of what you may experience. Our profile used to be blocked to single guys, we decided that we would open it up and look for a single guy "Exceptional" with "Gravitas" as standard. 12 hours and 80 messages later; you wouldn't believe what passes for "Exceptional" on here and most haven't a clue what "Gravitas" means!

Whats "Exceptional" though "

Judging by the responses we got anything goes!

By *exysoldier90Man
over a year ago

Around

Aha I didn't even know about the experiment until after I viewed your profile! But I didn't message as soon as I saw that I was too young.... So I guess I'm in the minority of non pestering guys? Haha xx

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I only have single men allowed to message me. I get he idiots but some are nice

By *ab femWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I tried that. I even deleted my profile text and put simply I'm not meeting but im still getting. Want to meet messages

over a year ago

"I tried that. I even deleted my profile text and put simply I'm not meeting but im still getting. Want to meet messages "

If you delete everything (e.g. men) off your 'looking for' list it takes you off those searches.

over a year ago

Oh... Like nine hours in, number stands at 60... I'm going to leave myself logged in tonight, just to see how many late night stragglers I pick up

over a year ago

Very interesting this OP, can't wait for the final results. Our profile had a list like that for a while. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to the people messaging us . We actually found it comical at times as some of them didn't match even one thing on the list . Good luck with your massive inbox .

over a year ago

"Very interesting this OP, can't wait for the final results. Our profile had a list like that for a while. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to the people messaging us . We actually found it comical at times as some of them didn't match even one thing on the list . Good luck with your massive inbox ."

Thanks! I'm up to 72... NONE of them fit the description of what I want

over a year ago

Nope, Batman reference

Of course we know what Gravitas means, Sir Issac Newton discovered it.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I tried messaging Harley Quim, but it wouldn't work, are you not actually in Scarborough

over a year ago

"Very interesting this OP, can't wait for the final results. Our profile had a list like that for a while. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to the people messaging us . We actually found it comical at times as some of them didn't match even one thing on the list . Good luck with your massive inbox .

Thanks! I'm up to 72... NONE of them fit the description of what I want "

Haha. So we count 6 preferences. We're going to say that by 4pm you will have 328 messages, possibly 10 will fit 4 or 5 out of the 6 and maybe, just maybe, you'll get one 6/6

over a year ago

"Very interesting this OP, can't wait for the final results. Our profile had a list like that for a while. Didn't make a blind bit of difference to the people messaging us . We actually found it comical at times as some of them didn't match even one thing on the list . Good luck with your massive inbox .

Haha. So we count 6 preferences. We're going to say that by 4pm you will have 328 messages, possibly 10 will fit 4 or 5 out of the 6 and maybe, just maybe, you'll get one 6/6 "

Am I taking bets on this?!

I'm gonna leave myself online while I sleep to catch the late night stragglers too.

over a year ago

Haha. So we count 6 preferences. We're going to say that by 4pm you will have 328 messages, possibly 10 will fit 4 or 5 out of the 6 and maybe, just maybe, you'll get one 6/6

I'm gonna leave myself online while I sleep to catch the late night stragglers too."

Could be an easy way to make a few bucks . You have to stay logged in until 4pm really, might ruin the parameters for your experiment if you don't. Do we get a prize if we're correct? .

over a year ago

I'm gonna leave myself online while I sleep to catch the late night stragglers too.

Could be an easy way to make a few bucks . You have to stay logged in until 4pm really, might ruin the parameters for your experiment if you don't. Do we get a prize if we're correct? . "

You get a shiny gold star

By *onnyeasygoingMan
over a year ago

Somewhere on the M62 between 24 and 14

Could be an easy way to make a few bucks . You have to stay logged in until 4pm really, might ruin the parameters for your experiment if you don't. Do we get a prize if we're correct? .

You get a shiny gold star "

Just sent and added to the ' if only he was taller pile!!'

Your in box should be overflowing by now?

over a year ago

Your in box should be overflowing by now?"

79!

over a year ago

You get a shiny gold star "

Yay.... . We look forward to the results. Will be on at 4 on the dot tomorrow .

By *onnyeasygoingMan
over a year ago

Somewhere on the M62 between 24 and 14

Your in box should be overflowing by now?

79!"

Not sure how that is for a lady standard, but for a bloke... Yep, overflowing

over a year ago

"Alright... so there was a thread in the Lounge last night where a man made a comment about if women block single men from messaging them, women should be unable to message single men as they've blocked single men from messaging them first, as a single woman might miss the opportunity to talk to a man who might be right up their alley. (Bear with me. )

So... I'm testing a method. As women infamously get a lot of messages, I've removed my message filters against single men and put a strict guideline of the type of men that I'm interested in. So, I'm going to test how many men follow a specific want or "type". After all, I might be pleasantly surprised. "

You are missing the point, you are female therefore you are gagging for it. The blokes that message you most won't read the profile, also the majority of the one line brigade won't get past the pictures.

over a year ago

"Just read your requirements and purely out of interest only how many do they need to fill. Is it 4/5 kinda thing or have to meet them all?

Mr

Good question... I guess it's like a 4/5 thing, but I've started with the most important qualities."

Hmmmm...I fail on height...not by much but enough to disqualify me...and only the one tat..else I'd message

over a year ago

OP, for tomorrow's experiment you need to go looking for suitable men and mail the ones you like. Then give a total number of mails sent vs replies. Looking in a 50 mile radius.

By *kindofmagicXXXMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Last time I was on here I admit I did message a lady a bit out of my age range. As she was local and stunning. Mainly for chats really. I sent a pic and she said she would quite like to meet. We did have a few meets after that and became quite good friends. Unfortunately since I returned to the site she has filters on so can't get backin touch. Although I do understand why filters are used.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I took all my filters off for one day, never again! I'll stick to doing the hunting!

over a year ago

hi op, at the end of the experiment if you haven't found a suiter, maybe you could lower your standards a little and consider my offer,

as I do qualify as I am a man?

over a year ago

One hundred

over a year ago

"One hundred "

Think we might be a bit out then .

over a year ago

Get a secretary you are going to need one lol

over a year ago

"One hundred

Think we might be a bit out then ."

I think so! 104... half an hour left...

over a year ago

"One hundred

I think so! 104... half an hour left..."

Any 6/6s though?

over a year ago

"One hundred

I think so! 104... half an hour left...

Any 6/6s though? "

I'm going to tot things up at 4, I shall post the results

over a year ago

Right... here we go...

over a year ago

"Right... here we go..."

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple
over a year ago

Nr coleford

We don't get that meany messages

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Right... here we go..."

Drum role please........

over a year ago

THE RESULTS!

I shortened it down so that each single male must be

1) between 30 & 40 (no age filter)

2) they were 6 foot or over

3) had tattoos

4) had piercings

5) had a face photo

Disregarding users leaving the site and repeat messages, I received contact from 90 men. Out of those 90 men...

37 weren't between the ages of 30 & 40.

45 weren't 6 foot+

38 didn't have tattoos

53 didn't have piercings

36 didn't provide a face photo

Added to this, no one did fit the full criteria, yet there was also a handful that only missed out on one or two points.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

How many missed all 5 criteria?

Was it just me?

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"How many missed all 5 criteria?

Was it just me?

Mr ddc"

I'm sure you're the type to provide a face photo my lovey

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"How many missed all 5 criteria?

Was it just me?

Mr ddc

I'm sure you're the type to provide a face photo my lovey "

Sadly the pic-mods rejected it as being 'too unpleasant'.

Who knew there was a rule about "no photos that put us off our dinner"

On a separate note, we used to have no filters, but found the only people who respected them were the very people we wanted to hear from!

over a year ago

"THE RESULTS!

3) had tattoos

4) had piercings

5) had a face photo

Disregarding users leaving the site and repeat messages, I received contact from 90 men. Out of those 90 men...

45 weren't 6 foot+

38 didn't have tattoos

53 didn't have piercings

Added to this, no one did fit the full criteria, yet there was also a handful that only missed out on one or two points. "

We accept and respect your findings . Fab court adjourned . Hope there are a few potential suiters that you might hit it off with. Once again, great post, loved it.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"THE RESULTS!

3) had tattoos

4) had piercings

5) had a face photo

45 weren't 6 foot+

38 didn't have tattoos

53 didn't have piercings

Added to this, no one did fit the full criteria, yet there was also a handful that only missed out on one or two points.

We accept and respect your findings . Fab court adjourned . Hope there are a few potential suiters that you might hit it off with. Once again, great post, loved it. "

So what have we learnt from these results?

Rarely does such an interesting thread appear, OP we salute you.

over a year ago

"OP, for tomorrow's experiment you need to go looking for suitable men and mail the ones you like. Then give a total number of mails sent vs replies. Looking in a 50 mile radius. "

Are you going to do this experiment next OP?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Great experiment, proves 'scientifically' what us women keep saying

over a year ago

I re-joined Fab after a 5yr break after swinging as part of a married couple, yes I am divorced, so what. I am fairly convinced that this site has gone all to shit in terms of being messaged by single guys. They get all pissy if you question why they send one liners "Oh I do not have time to write a paragraph to each person!" Still people wink at me and expect a reply. They compliment my pics but do not send me one to look at. The like my profile but theirs is useless. Well MEN if you cannot be arsed to write more than three words I surely can't. I get a lot more messages than a single guy does. (yes I have a single male profile too). I even put a womens profile up one and got 634 messages in a week. I am no longer looking for single men, most of the single women have locked single men out all together. I am moving my efforts to a site that I already know has better manners. Also I can write legible english, it is not asking much if you want to fuck someone.

Oh and it's only for trannies!

over a year ago

"THE RESULTS!

3) had tattoos

4) had piercings

5) had a face photo

45 weren't 6 foot+

38 didn't have tattoos

53 didn't have piercings

Added to this, no one did fit the full criteria, yet there was also a handful that only missed out on one or two points. "

Alas I didn't fit the full criteria so didn't mail...see? some of us do read profiles lol...although I do hit several...but I know you're looking for that six guy...good luck in the search...and don't forget us mere mortal 4's from time to time lol.

Post new Message to Thread