Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Stay or leave?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Look at my pics and read profile and tell me...I've had about 3 differet people message...my veri whom I've met with...and two replies to messages who became friends....inside 8 weeks. In that time I've met a few but not through this site..I'm yet to be convinced of its value as a single guy. Look forward to your answers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Leave, it's clearly not doing what you want it to. The impression I get from your post is that you are challenging people and on this site, for single men that won't work.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Look at my pics and read profile and tell me...I've had about 3 differet people message...my veri whom I've met with...and two replies to messages who became friends....inside 8 weeks. In that time I've met a few but not through this site..I'm yet to be convinced of its value as a single guy. Look forward to your answers."

So you've been here 4 weeks and had 1 meet and a couple of other messages? From what I gather that's pretty good going for a single guy on here. I would say if you're not getting the attention you think you deserve as quickly as you like then this isn't the place to be. Do a search on the forums for post where single guys are complaining about the lack of meets or the worth of the site, you'll find you're not alone.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Leave, it's clearly not doing what you want it to. The impression I get from your post is that you are challenging people and on this site, for single men that won't work."

This too

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Leave.

Whiny "poor me" posts after only 8 weeks, AND you have had a meet?

Some guys wait months for their first, I think you expect too much!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQJVKP3YlM

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Leave.

Whiny "poor me" posts after only 8 weeks, AND you have had a meet?

Some guys wait months for their first, I think you expect too much!"

over a year ago

No idea what your messages are like but you have been here 4 weeks and had a meet so can't be all bad.

That said, if it's not working for you then yeah, leaving is the way forward I guess.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

Hate to say it OP, but agree with the consensus on this one, if you're not happy leave, but with a touch less melodrama please

over a year ago

Its a free site, so there is really no point to leave. Most of all you need patience lol.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

You say it should be fun yet your profile sounds quite serious. Only you can decide to stay or leave.

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

I have been here for 9 months and had no meets and only bothered getting photo verified last month and only started wondering about getting a meet now...

you have been here 4 weeks and already had a meet it's better then nothing. The choice is up to you to leave or stay really..

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

your profile reads that you are atrong character, not necessarily a bad thing, that you know what you want but that noone comes up to your expectations, but that you have needs and they need to be fulfilled by us..

i expect sending CV's for a nazi based interview on IQ and sarcastic wit would be on the cards.

i have both, but dont find the exchange favourable, i mean id never come up to your wanking standards...and you havent said what you offer anyone else..maybe your demands are supposed to satisfy a woman and you want one to service you only.....which quite frankly lets me off of the hook from messaging you..

this isnt www.man needs, will get shag.com

if you have underlying women serve with a smile and be happy about it issues , you are in the wrong place..have fun

.. big grin, in a cos i can, sort of way..

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"your profile reads that you are atrong character, not necessarily a bad thing, that you know what you want but that noone comes up to your expectations, but that you have needs and they need to be fulfilled by us..

i expect sending CV's for a nazi based interview on IQ and sarcastic wit would be on the cards.

i have both, but dont find the exchange favourable, i mean id never come up to your wanking standards...and you havent said what you offer anyone else..maybe your demands are supposed to satisfy a woman and you want one to service you only.....which quite frankly lets me off of the hook from messaging you..

this isnt www.man needs, will get shag.com

if you have underlying women serve with a smile and be happy about it issues , you are in the wrong place..have fun

.. big grin, in a cos i can, sort of way.."

It does read a bit like "I will bestow my sexual prowess on you, but only if your worthy peasants"..........

An odd tactic from a single guy, and one that doesn't seem to be working for him.

Can't think why?

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Oh you absolute rotters!

Be kind to the poor fellow!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

OP, what exactly do you think you're entitled to on here?

over a year ago

"Look at my pics and read profile and tell me...I've had about 3 differet people message...my veri whom I've met with...and two replies to messages who became friends....inside 8 weeks. In that time I've met a few but not through this site..I'm yet to be convinced of its value as a single guy. Look forward to your answers."

I've been back on for 8 weeks and not had a meet so you're doing better than me but I'm not complaining it's a fun place to be and you never know things may pick up but if you are just a meet every time you log on I think you are in completely the wrong place.

over a year ago

"

..I'm yet to be convinced of its value as a single guy. Look forward to your answers."

What "value" do you require?

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Oh you absolute rotters!

Be kind to the poor fellow!"

He started it.....

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

hey! he said he liked his mind stimulated by sarcasm.. he gave me permission, i was in obliging mode x very loving, i thought

over a year ago

Personally I find it bloody boring and as mentioned before as if no one would be good enough.xx

over a year ago

"Personally I find it bloody boring and as mentioned before as if no one would be good enough.xx"

I read and liked his profile. Just imagine if he was a woman and he wrote the same thing word for word

We would say , he has a right to his personal preferences.

Stay op . It's a free site . So just hang out on the forums until you find your unicorn.

By *.Man1510Man
over a year ago

Manchester

The time I have been on here, I've enjoyed. Chatting, going on cam, browsing and forums. Think im lucky to have had one meet in that time which I see as a bonus.

Nothing is guaranteed in life except death an taxes....oh an more taxes !

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Ask yourself what exactly are you exspecting op and is it realistic.

Why ask a bunch of strangers if you should stay or go?? Only you know what is best for you.If its not giving you what you want then look at changing that or just keep moaning .That's totally up to you alone to decided ,no one's forcing you to stay .

over a year ago

"Look at my pics and read profile and tell me...I've had about 3 differet people message...my veri whom I've met with...and two replies to messages who became friends....inside 8 weeks. In that time I've met a few but not through this site..I'm yet to be convinced of its value as a single guy. Look forward to your

answers."

Saying you're an attractive guy puts me off.

In who's eyes? If in yours, wank while looking in the mirror otherwise let others make that decision for themselves.

Otherwise, your profile comes across that you think you're better than most. A real passion killer.

over a year ago

"Leave, it's clearly not doing what you want it to. The impression I get from your post is that you are challenging people and on this site, for single men that won't work."

over a year ago

Thanks for the concensus. ..obviously not the place to meet people for me I'm guessing. Duely noted....interesting how things can be read or interpreted...books have covers I guess and sometimes rarely opened. Thank you to all who have replied. More messages here in 20 minutes than 8 weeks...maybe this is more of a social site than a meet site for many.

over a year ago

lol...

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"Thanks for the concensus. ..obviously not the place to meet people for me I'm guessing. Duely noted....interesting how things can be read or interpreted...books have covers I guess and sometimes rarely opened. Thank you to all who have replied. More messages here in 20 minutes than 8 weeks...maybe this is more of a social site than a meet site for many."

here you have to show your own book..people looking to meet, dont want to rummage round and have to do dectactive work, for that first connection.. your profile is your shop window, unless you meet at clubs and this is your 'keeping in touch' place..

the forums is a social place, however many many meets come out of mixing with the people on here, and many make up their minds about someone from the type of threads and posts they make.

i love the forums for observing and keping in touch and having fun..do i meet, yes im plenty busy thankyou..but i dont have the time to take off everyones dust jacket, and prise open their interior.. if they dont wish to be open and show me, im less inclined to look.

there are a few i have taken the time with, but thats because they were attempting to mix and join in on the forums, and not after their needs being met instantly...i know some wouldnt bother, because they dont have the time, or the inclination and you have to roll with that too..x change your perception of who you think we are and come and join us and show who you are..best suggestion i can give..

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"maybe this is more of a social site than a meet site for many."

Its definitely a social site, but some find that leads to more and better meets. Assuming that setting up a profile makes you top of the shag list is only going to frustrate you.

over a year ago

Being pushy puts me off. Stay if you want to but don't expect people to do what you want, they're here for what they want.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin

Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death

Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit

When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the right side of life...

(Come on guys, cheer up!)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!)

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I had looked at your profile recently but was put off by the 'rant'.

Anyone you message can do as they please with it. Telling us how to behave is not sexy

over a year ago

"Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin

Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death

Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit

When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...

(Come on guys, cheer up!)

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!)

"

over a year ago

It's difficult to read (guessing English is not your first language from the grammar) and quite negative.

Set the picture you have as your profile pic so you don't have the default black one.

Rewrite the profile a bit more upbeat and either get someone to proofread it or post it up here again as people will be happy to point out errors (it's very difficult to spot your own typos)

over a year ago

"It's difficult to read (guessing English is not your first language from the grammar) and quite negative.

Set the picture you have as your profile pic so you don't have the default black one.

Rewrite the profile a bit more upbeat and either get someone to proofread it or post it up here again as people will be happy to point out errors (it's very difficult to spot your own typos)"

what he said, and put a bit of fun in there mate

over a year ago

"It's difficult to read (guessing English is not your first language from the grammar) and quite negative.

Rewrite the profile a bit more upbeat and either get someone to proofread it or post it up here again as people will be happy to point out errors (it's very difficult to spot your own typos)"

Actually it was rewritten...In light of the first 26 messages earlier in this string. Since we seem to be pedantic, could you elaborate on the typos you mentioned....and yes actually I am very much native with English beng my first language of four, two being none latin based lol. I'm sure there's more fuel in there to keep this fire burning lol.

over a year ago

Rewrite the profile a bit more upbeat and either get someone to proofread it or post it up here again as people will be happy to point out errors (it's very difficult to spot your own typos)

Actually it was rewritten...In light of the first 26 messages earlier in this string. Since we seem to be pedantic, could you elaborate on the typos you mentioned....and yes actually I am very much native with English beng my first language of four, two being none latin based lol. I'm sure there's more fuel in there to keep this fire burning lol."

Fair enough it's just it's very strangely worded more like french or Welsh background

"just been made aware by lovelies here on fab that no matter what you put in ur profile others actually need to ask what they want to know....The cover never properly fits and usually is misread... its up to you to ask...so, I'm a sapiophile an honest genuine guy....Adventures, fun & frolics to be had with the right person, NSA, no drama. Coffee is a good start then see what happens."

It's negative from the first line really almost like you're moaning about people not reading profiles then saying it sup to them to ask etc. It comes across as you're hard work.

Try reading it out loud it's very strange.

Just have it so it says about you a bit what's the "right person" for you. And try not to be negative.

You can moan in real life your profile should pretty much be all positive

over a year ago

Leave for a bit. Decide whether you miss anything about it. Then decide.

over a year ago

"Leave for a bit. Decide whether you miss anything about it. Then decide. "

Thanks to everyone's input. I think this string has confirmed it for me...had some nice messages in private all clearly expressing why they wouldnt say what they said in the string which seems to reinforce my initial thinking of general day to day activities on the site. It's a cruel one to be on. And no I'm not willing to play that game as someone said. Cheers.

over a year ago

Putting a rant in your profile accussing women of "making excuses" for not replying really is NOT gonna help. No wonder yo7ve had no meets. Weve met plenty of single guys but your profile sent is straight to the block button...

By *ivinefoxWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

Just an awful profile. No idea of what sort of person you are or what you're into.

Post new Message to Thread