Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Lack of sex creates depression

Jump to newest

By *rotiquexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

Unquenchable Desires

I read an article about how a lack of sex imposes depression in men. The constant rejection from women hasa negative effect upon the male psyche. Being single and sexless I can understand this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Uh huh... I doubt that. Though maybe lack of sex adds to an already existing poor mental health condition.

Or the OP wants a pity shag.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Press release from the Advanced Institute of the Bleedin' Obvious

By *jandjbCouple
over a year ago

Nr Manchester

People with depression may suffer a lowering of the libido ie depression may reduce sex. I suppose a lack of sex could be one of a number of causes of depression in some people but more likely perhaps would be the lack of an intimate relationship. Just my opinions. Him

over a year ago

Correlation does not equal causation.

By *rotiquexxx OP   Man
over a year ago

Unquenchable Desires

"Uh huh... I doubt that. Though maybe lack of sex adds to an already existing poor mental health condition.

Or the OP wants a pity shag."

Yes I want sex but not out of pity.

over a year ago

I disagree, depression is a mental state and not a sexual one.

over a year ago

I have better sex during my manic periods though now I think about it.

Not nessecerily more but definitely better

By *unkysoulWoman
over a year ago

Mitcham, Surrey

Loss of sex drive is a common during bouts of depression, is this a chicken and egg situation?

over a year ago

"People with depression may suffer a lowering of the libido ie depression may reduce sex. I suppose a lack of sex could be one of a number of causes of depression in some people but more likely perhaps would be the lack of an intimate relationship. Just my opinions. Him"

Agree with this. Many factors lead to depression, lack of sex is just one factor.

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"I have better sex during my manic periods though now I think about it.

Not nessecerily more but definitely better"

over a year ago

Maybe the depressed men who arent getting any should just have a fap and feel better? There are many causes of depression and i think lack of sex may be part of the story but it is well down the list.

By *.Man1510Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Depression is more than feeling a little low which we all get. Knowing a sufferer, it is a debilitating illness. It totally drains a person... Lack of sex may make you feel a little low, not depressed....HOWEVER. if you think you are depressed go see a G.P to get help..... I feel that the word depressed is used too lightly.

As said above lack of sex would be way down to list of causees....Best wishes.

By *.Man1510Man
over a year ago

Manchester

^ * the list of causes

over a year ago

"Loss of sex drive is a common during bouts of depression, is this a chicken and egg situation?"
what the chicken following the egg on a downward slope !!

over a year ago

Depression and tension, A very good remedy is !!! I admit that I am a wanker.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

most of the articles like this don't actually say it's a lack of sex that contributes towards depression it's actually a lack of intimacy which is a broader issue than just sex

over a year ago

I suffer from depression but my sex drive is still high. My husband on the other had has no intrest at all. It does hurt when you get pushed away from your partner.

This is 1 of the reasons I am on here.

over a year ago

Depression is about the person ,bad sex is depressing thankfully I havnt been subjected to it yet xx

over a year ago

I think it was Freud who said that s person having s problem with anxiety is likely to have a problem in their sex life and that a person having a problem in their sex life is likely to have a problem with anxiety.

over a year ago

Where's the rope!!

over a year ago

I went to a shrink, to analyse my dreams, she said its lack of sex that's bringing me down.

Green Day.

over a year ago

"I went to a shrink, to analyse my dreams, she said its lack of sex that's bringing me down.

Green Day. "

Green day also say , masturbation stops being fun,

So I'm not sure how much credibility we can afford them, I don't think any of them are doctors

over a year ago

"I went to a shrink, to analyse my dreams, she said its lack of sex that's bringing me down.

Green Day.

So I'm not sure how much credibility we can afford them, I don't think any of them are doctors"

By *.Man1510Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Green Day.

So I'm not sure how much credibility we can afford them, I don't think any of them are doctors"

or musicians ??? Hehe

By *olyCheshireCatMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I read an article about how a lack of sex imposes depression in men. The constant rejection from women hasa negative effect upon the male psyche. Being single and sexless I can understand this. "

Having suffered from depression in a virtually sexless marriage I can probably understand this better. Constant rejection from your own partner cuts pretty deep.

over a year ago

"I read an article about how a lack of sex imposes depression in men. The constant rejection from women hasa negative effect upon the male psyche. Being single and sexless I can understand this. "

Just knock one out before bed

By *anetandNickCouple
over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

Wondered why I never get depressed...

Janet

over a year ago

"Where's the rope!! "

And the award for today's most tactless comment...!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/09/19 07:30:06]

over a year ago

I can agree with this. Obviously it's not a hard set rule but with some people that could be a totally understandable outcome. Rejection is never a nice thing and to be rejected by your partner over an extended period can obviously cut pretty deep. Everyone has a language of love, a way of showing someone you love them. If sex is one of those ways you show someone you love them, you will start to feel less loved when your not getting sex (sounds over obvious I know). It's not a chicken or egg situation, it can be egg then chicken for me then chicken then egg for you. Depression is a very individual thing and can be very insidious. So for some of you this situation would be an easy fix, for some it would make you slightly down and for some it would make you depressed and really effect them. As people have said, depression can be brought on by many things. A lack or lower levels of endorphins, oxytocins, dopamine and serotonin cab lead to your brain processing emotions differently. Sex is obviously an activity that increases those levels but not the only thing you can do. Also you might not be the only one depressed.It could be that your partner is depressed too, which might be why their sex drive has dropped off.

Post new Message to Thread