Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Unintended rude comment

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had a really odd moment this morning. I insulted the girl who makes my coffee every morning. She was wearing a tight shirt and I saw she had a little baby belly. I said " congratulations , how many months are you? "

She replied " I'm not pregnant and rolled her eyes at me "

I was so embarrassed. I just paid for my coffee and left the store.

I really feel like crap and I'm not sure if I should apologize or just act like this never happened.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Personally, I'd never want them to mention it to me again because I'd be embarrassed.

over a year ago

Sorry at the time would have been fine, but not a day or so later... Just leave it and try not to act awkward next time you see her

over a year ago

Oops!! Schoolboy error!!!! Never EVER congratulate a lady bump in its early stages unless she tells you herself - just in case!!

over a year ago

"Oops!! Schoolboy error!!!! Never EVER congratulate a lady bump in its early stages unless she tells you herself - just in case!! "

Agree with this

I've done the same

Also had it done to me

I was at the shop just after I'd had my daughter and a woman said to me, bloody hell haven't you had that baby yet, I replied yes I had her last week

over a year ago

Someone once said it to me.. I was mortified but not as much as he was. I wouldn't mention it again.

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"Oops!! Schoolboy error!!!! Never EVER congratulate a lady bump in its early stages unless she tells you herself - just in case!!

Agree with this

I've done the same

Also had it done to me

I was at the shop just after I'd had my daughter and a woman said to me, bloody hell haven't you had that baby yet, I replied yes I had her last week "

over a year ago

I made a very similar mistake a custome came in when she was pregnant then she came again a few months later I said when you dew then she said I had him 4 weeks ago

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's happened to me before and it's mortifying.

Don't mention it again!!! Ever

over a year ago

A few years ago, somebody asked when I was due, I said Im not, im just fat.

They were mortified and apologetic, I said it was fine, asked them not to worry about it

By *orney30Man
over a year ago

belfast

I think you may be the making of her.she may or may not hit the gym.and if she does tighten up she may thank you.she might fuck your brains out.so keep your fingers crossed.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

went to a waterpark with my sister and her lad. she was about ready to drop her 2nd kid and life guard asked how far gone she was and she replied with im not pregnant. life guard shit herself till sister started laughing

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I was asked how long I had left on Monday. When I said it was severe water retention the colour drained from her face. I laughed

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I've been asked this several times. Quite upsetting as I can't have a baby. The worst was when the woman then tried to justify herself by explaining that she'd only thought of it because of the way I carry my fat, because of the top I was wearing, blah blah blah. I was nearly in tears. If she had just apologised straight away and left it would have been better

over a year ago

Thank you all for the replies. I'll just ignore it and act like this never happened.

I'm just happy, I wasn't the only one on here , that has made this mistake

over a year ago

"I had a really odd moment this morning. I insulted the girl who makes my coffee every morning. She was wearing a tight shirt and I saw she had a little baby belly. I said " congratulations , how many months are you? "

She replied " I'm not pregnant and rolled her eyes at me "

I was so embarrassed. I just paid for my coffee and left the store.

I really feel like crap and I'm not sure if I should apologize or just act like this never happened.

"

Short rule passed onto me my a friends father as a teenager:

Son, if you cant see the head, don't ask if they are pregnant!

over a year ago

I worked at a well known theme park and a woman approached me asking about the major thrill rides, I politely informed her it was against company policy to allow pregnant women on the rides.....she then informed me she wasn't.

I could've died

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"she may or may not hit the gym "

Not all tummies are pregnancies or lack of gym time. I got asked quite often as I had a 'normal' shaped body always with a tummy.

Only years later, after dieting myself fat, was I diagnosed with coeliac disease and lactose intolerance.

The tummy had been bloating that's all

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

At least you didn't force the point.

Colleague at work asked me if I was "hiding a little secret" once and I laughed and said no. She then proceeded to say "are you sure" in a patronizing way. I said yep, definitely sure. She said "really" and I lost my shit.

I had been pregnant a few weeks before (following 3 years of trying and an IVF cycle) but I'd lost it and only just gone back to work.

It was hilarious though when I was (quite obviously) pregnant a few years later. I got bigger and bigger and she didn't dare say anything

*Her*

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

I nearly did the same at a meeting this morning OP, someone I hadn't seen in ages came in, and I thought "pregnant?" and was about to ask and then clarity kicked in and said "DON'T DO IT just in case she isn't"!.

over a year ago

"I worked at a well known theme park and a woman approached me asking about the major thrill rides, I politely informed her it was against company policy to allow pregnant women on the rides.....she then informed me she wasn't.

I could've died "

pmsl

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

"

Son, if you cant see the head, don't ask if they are pregnant! "

^^^ THIS

over a year ago

"

Son, if you cant see the head, don't ask if they are pregnant!

^^^ THIS "

Bearing in mind the amount of ladies in modern Britain with a baby bulge or something that looks like one, this is sound advice.

Post new Message to Thread