Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Forum in the way

Jump to newest

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Does anyone feel that posting on the forum gets in there way?

I get a lot of messages etc from people who have followed me on the forum, that live too far away to meet.

J xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

NO, I like it - and have been lucky enough to meet up with a lovely couple who live a long way from me, but through the forum, we chatted and they were able to travel up here and we met.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't understand how that means it's getting in the way of meeting?

And no, I don't think it does. Having time to post on here while waiting for the tea to cook or on the bus isn't the same as having time to meet.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Oh really, that's good. Funnily enough we get a few people from Scotland message lol x

over a year ago

The only messages i receive from the forums is abuse

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"The only messages i receive from the forums is abuse "

Fixed

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

[Removed by poster at 12/10/15 18:52:53]

over a year ago

"The only messages i receive from the forums is abuse

Fixed "

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Perhaps I should get an account just for the forums? Xx

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If they're too far away to meet, they're too far away to meet. In fact people who message for a meet via the forums annoy me more because they're less likely to read my profile than someone doing a search.

over a year ago

I very rarely get messages as a result of forum posts but they wouldn't get in the way of me meeting as I don't have a great deal of time for that anyway. For me the forum is just a time filler while doing other things.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"If they're too far away to meet, they're too far away to meet. In fact people who message for a meet via the forums annoy me more because they're less likely to read my profile than someone doing a search."

Yes I can see that, we read profiles of people on her before messaging just incase.

But what if they take what you say on te forum too seriously and hold it against you? Xx

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I very rarely get messages as a result of forum posts but they wouldn't get in the way of me meeting as I don't have a great deal of time for that anyway. For me the forum is just a time filler while doing other things."

Well it's 50/50 for us. I like the forums while at work, but still use the site for meets xx

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

"If they're too far away to meet, they're too far away to meet. In fact people who message for a meet via the forums annoy me more because they're less likely to read my profile than someone doing a search.

Yes I can see that, we read profiles of people on her before messaging just incase.

But what if they take what you say on te forum too seriously and hold it against you? Xx"

Not sure what you mean by holding it against you, but surely if you don't agree, its hardly likely to be a great meet if you did meet up?

If people don't get my sense of humour online they are not likely to get it offline, and therefore we wouldn't get along?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"If they're too far away to meet, they're too far away to meet. In fact people who message for a meet via the forums annoy me more because they're less likely to read my profile than someone doing a search.

But what if they take what you say on te forum too seriously and hold it against you? Xx"

They wouldn't be messaging for a meet then would they?

Anyway, I rarely care what people think, and people who I am never going to meet are at the bottom of that list.

over a year ago

"Does anyone feel that posting on the forum gets in there way?

I get a lot of messages etc from people who have followed me on the forum, that live too far away to meet.

J xx"

I've swerved it since I joined for precisely that reason. I start posting and get chatting to people hundreds of miles away, I don't mind a natter but it's frustrating knowing you're never going to meet!

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

But what if they take what you say on te forum too seriously and hold it against you? Xx

Not sure what you mean by holding it against you, but surely if you don't agree, its hardly likely to be a great meet if you did meet up?

If people don't get my sense of humour online they are not likely to get it offline, and therefore we wouldn't get along?"

We've had people on here who live in Southend say we wouldn't meet you because we don't like your posts, maybe it is my sense of humour? Xx

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

If people don't get my sense of humour online they are not likely to get it offline, and therefore we wouldn't get along?

We've had people on here who live in Southend say we wouldn't meet you because we don't like your posts, maybe it is my sense of humour? Xx"

I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? If you aren't likely to get on, why is it a problem?

Focus on the people you do get along with, and who get your sense of humour?

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

We've had people on here who live in Southend say we wouldn't meet you because we don't like your posts, maybe it is my sense of humour? Xx

I'm not sure why this is a bad thing? If you aren't likely to get on, why is it a problem?

"

Yeah but none of those things matter then regarding sex. That's why we're here x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I chat on here and sometimes meet fellow forumites.

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

I use the forums to unwind and get my head around 'work has finished time to eat before you work on preparation for tomorrow at work' - clears the head ... that's all

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

Yeah but none of those things matter then regarding sex. That's why we're here x"

Maybe not for you, but they do for some people. As I say, find people who think the same.

I could not have sex with someone I don't get on with... and would not want to meet a couple I didn't feel comfortable with. Its not like I arrive, get naked, do it and leave without saying a word to them... but I'm more looking for additional friends to play with than just a fuck n go.

But theres plenty for everyone on here to meet what they search for.

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"

I don't think people come across the same online as in reality at all.

I don't use the forums to find people to meet, nor do I tend to block people if I don't agree with their opinions or 'get' their sense of humour, as if I ever ran into them in real life the likelihood is that the perceptions formed online are totally wrong.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

I don't think people come across the same online as in reality at all.

I don't use the forums to find people to meet, nor do I tend to block people if I don't agree with their opinions or 'get' their sense of humour, as if I ever ran into them in real life the likelihood is that the perceptions formed online are totally wrong. "

Yes, exactly. But it still effects you on here though xx

over a year ago

I've been lucky enough to have had a few nice chats from people off the forums that I wouldn't otherwise have spoken to so the Forums have been helpful in that.

But I tend to end up friend-zoned rather than convert into meets but it's all good as I do like my little side chats, and they always brighten my day

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I've been lucky enough to have had a few nice chats from people off the forums that I wouldn't otherwise have spoken to so the Forums have been helpful in that.

But I tend to end up friend-zoned rather than convert into meets but it's all good as I do like my little side chats, and they always brighten my day "

Yeah we don't mind the chat either, never met anyone from forum yet, tried but they were no good at chatting ironically lol x

over a year ago

i ve chatted to a few who are miles away - queen of tease and suzy being two obvious ones off the top of my head - we will meet one day but no rush -

over a year ago

God no!!! If anything it's helped me no end!! Meeting two very lovely guys soon (well already met one of them briefly) they do live quite far away but you make it happen!

Plus also you get a bit of a rapport with them etc I feel

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Does anyone feel that posting on the forum gets in there way?

J xx"

What is too far away? I've travelled large distances for the right meets on occasion and also had people prepared to travel a good long way to meet up with me

By *dinMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I have found the forum a great way to engage in conversation with a lot of people I wouldn't normally get the opportunity too. thereafter you just see where it goes - we are all adults after all

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I have found the forum a great way to engage in conversation with a lot of people I wouldn't normally get the opportunity too. thereafter you just see where it goes - we are all adults after all "

You would think that right. But after talking to a few Forumites via message you'd be better off taking to a Hammer lol x

over a year ago

"I have found the forum a great way to engage in conversation with a lot of people I wouldn't normally get the opportunity too. thereafter you just see where it goes - we are all adults after all

You would think that right. But after talking to a few Forumites via message you'd be better off taking to a Hammer lol x"

I've not seen anything that you have written on forums that would dissuade me from visiting you - however, you're not looking for single guys, mores the pity...

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I have found the forum a great way to engage in conversation with a lot of people I wouldn't normally get the opportunity too. thereafter you just see where it goes - we are all adults after all

You would think that right. But after talking to a few Forumites via message you'd be better off taking to a Hammer lol x

I've not seen anything that you have written on forums that would dissuade me from visiting you - however, you're not looking for single guys, mores the pity..."

Yes we do when E fancies it, we just block them as we get too much mail x

What I was getting at is everytime we try talking to a Forumite for a meet it never works out xx

over a year ago

I've not seen anything that you have written on forums that would dissuade me from visiting you - however, you're not looking for single guys, mores the pity...

Yes we do when E fancies it, we just block them as we get too much mail x

What I was getting at is everytime we try talking to a Forumite for a meet it never works out xx"

I'd love to prove that wrong...

Post new Message to Thread