Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What does a wink mean to you?

Jump to newest

By *rof_cpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gerrards Cross

Hi forum,

We're fairly new to the site and still getting the hang of how people use it.

We've seen plenty of profile which say "Don't respond to winks", or "If you're serious about connecting with us then message us, don't wink". It seems as if some people almost find it rude to use the winks system.

Lots of people seem to use it though, we've had loads of winks and sent a few ourselves, some of which have lead to extended conversations, so they can't be that bad.

There doesn't seem to be much agreement on the etiquette of how best to contact people or what a wink means. I guess that's why you should always read people's profiles, because everybody has different preferences.

Just wondered what the forum thought about this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Everyone has different ideas. We use them to show interest sometimes, if the wink is returned we'll msg.

If we are winked at and we like the look of a profile we'll return the wink to let them know we're interested and their message won't then be wasted.

Though others will disagree lol

Xxx

By *ohnkezCouple
over a year ago

shefiield

I wink people I like the look of

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

We don't have time to sift through all the winkers so we just respond to messages.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just take it as a compliment on my pics.....doesn't necessarily mean that they want to meet/fuck me.

Although the best meet I had from here she made first contact via a wink

By *inzi LTV/TS
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

Can't say I get many but the ones I do get I usually ignore as to me it just seems they're sent because whoever is too lazy the dream up something original say!

If you want my attention, a wink ain't gonna do it.

By *lashheartMan
over a year ago

shrewsbury

I like giving and receiving

over a year ago

To me. !!! shes fucking blind

over a year ago

I don't look at mine tbh.

over a year ago

Some profiles say very little, so there's not much to go on for breaking the ice.

I'm not the kind of bloke to go "cor nice tits sweetheart", so I'd rather send a wink and see if there's any mutual interest.

Same with receiving them. If I get a wink I consider it an ice-breaker - and I even say so on my profile.

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS
over a year ago

Epsom

I've always seen them like a wave to break the ice. I like getting them and always have a look. Replying to them, that's another matter x

over a year ago

I always think it's worth a wink. ...those who respond without getting their knickers in a twist are my kinda person. Those that are offended that I winked them or ignored me aren't.

over a year ago

I take a wink in the way I *think* they were intended! If I receive a wink it says to me that they're giving a little nudge and wave to say 'hello, come check my profile out' .. Then a wink back says "I've checked it out, let's talk!"

It's a shame that they have a bad reputation for some, as used in the right way they can be very productive!

I guess for me it's ok as the winks I get are very rare, so I can manage them. If I was a lady or couple waking up to hundreds every day I might have a different view!

Anyway, winks always gratefully received here peeps, just sayin' ....

Post new Message to Thread