Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Faux swingers?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok it's been much discussed about fakes and pretenders.

But how many people actually meet.

And by meet I mean, not just social but meet play and have fun at least 3 times or more a year.

Cos it seems like 90% just seem to like talking about it or pretending.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

OR how many people say they're not meeting on their profile but actually are, and just want to organise it themselves without getting hounded?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ok it's been much discussed about fakes and pretenders.

And by meet I mean, not just social but meet play and have fun at least 3 times or more a year.

"

We say we aren't meeting on our profile. We have met previously if that makes us faux in your eyes we can live with it.

over a year ago

I meet and play when I find the right people, I thought this was a site to meet like minded individuals that you connect with - not a competition to see how many I could meet in a year

over a year ago

We only meet now and again when it takes our fancy. Does that make.us "faux swingers"? I'd like to hope not, although I kinda get what you mean OP.

Mrs has on her own profile that she's not meeting, just chatting, but still gets hounded.

over a year ago

We meet all the time. When we don't meet, we still play together at clubs.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"

Well I meet more than three times a year!

But I do know what you mean op. I see profiles from couples and single females who have been on for over a year with no meets. Perhaps they like the idea, but haven't quite got round to it. Or just like showing pics, chatting etc. But if that's all they want they should put that on their profile, so everyone can see and judge whether to message or not.

over a year ago

Methinks the term "faux swingers" is giving you some hassle OP

over a year ago

I meet,, seems when I try to arrange them though, nobody else does

over a year ago

I am new lol. Can't say I'm faux or otherwise

over a year ago

I meet, but no one is near lol

over a year ago

I'm meeting less people right now.

I'd like to have more sex but many of the right guys for me are not available when i am.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

All you have to do is look at people's veris.

over a year ago

"I meet, but no one is near lol "

You need patience

over a year ago

"I meet, but no one is near lol

You need patience"

I got plenty of that

over a year ago

Never met that often when I was meeting. I'm not meeting now. There again I never called myself a swinger either. So I'm not a faux swinger but you're welcome to call me whatever you like

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

I love it when people bring statistics.

I never understand why it matters how people use the site as long as everyone is respecting everyone else. It may take ages to find someone that fits your criteria for play and you fit theirs.

Some people use the site for chatting or making friends, some use it as singles or as couples, some for swinging, some for bdsm, some for dating.

You can't label someone fake for having less than 3 meets a year.

Just focus on finding people that suit you rather than stressing about the people that don't?

By *ery curious maleMan
over a year ago

Bishop Auckland

I meet when possible and with the right people.

There are a lot of people on here who collect pictures or just want to chat and also quite a few who just get their kicks from being on the site.

I must admit I used to belong to a pay for site and there were fewer time wasters on there.

Then again you find people in clubs who never play but like to watch so each to their own

over a year ago

I have a lot of coffee meets

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

We've only had two meets this year...into the faux column for us!

Although we did go to Decs in May! Does that count?

But we didn't play with anyone there. Oh well, foiled again!

over a year ago

"I meet and play when I find the right people, I thought this was a site to meet like minded individuals that you connect with - not a competition to see how many I could meet in a year "

Nobody mentioned a competition !

It's not unreasonable to use 3 meets a year as an example of an active swinger .

Back to the question .

We meet very regularly and 3 meets in a night is not uncommon for us .

Over 300 meets in 10 months is our tally , and we are now looking to expand our horizons by meeting people at their place or a club as we have grown a bit tired of the dogging and outdoor stuff .

Oh , and we totally get where the op is coming from - and look forward to the quality over quantity brigade to come riding in !

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

We don't arrange meets as we prefer to play in the club, but this could easily involve 5 or 6 "meets" if you want to call them that, each time that we go. We also enjoy outdoor play and occasionally have onlookers and joiners. Also need to bare in mind that not all "meets" are with people who are on fab.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

It's interesting to note that the OP's say that they are soft swingers...wonder how hey would feel about being labeled 'faux swingers' on that basis? As many (not us, of course) would do just that.

over a year ago

I meet and I only meet to play as I don't get a great deal of time.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

"I have a lot of coffee meets "

Big lols.

Me too.....

over a year ago

"

I meet as often as I am able to around other commitments, and most importantly, any bugger actually wanting to meet me!

If they don't, no matter how much I might want it to, clearly it ain't gonna happen - so does that make us willing but undateables 'fakes and pretenders?' or just overlooked?

over a year ago

I meet as often as I am able to around other commitments, and most importantly, any bugger actually wanting to meet me!

If they don't, no matter how much I might want it to, clearly it ain't gonna happen - so does that make us willing but undateables 'fakes and pretenders?' or just overlooked?

"

You forget Dan, singles are faux cos we're not in relationships

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh good grief don't people get up on their high horses

1st I uses three as a figure only as reference.

One a year if it pleases.

Second as far as I am aware the site is called fab swingers not fab network for social media chit chat.

Look it's no skin off my nose how you use this place.

I was trying to say that if you don't meet and never have any intention of meeting how can you call yourself a swinger.

I can read books about dragons and wizards but it don't make me either!

It would just be nice to know when we start a dialogue with people it's not just hot air and doesn't ens up with the age old timewaster scenario.

But hey if you all happy to play pretend swingers crack on.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"

Shit! I didn't realise I had to hit a quota of three fucks a year to be allowed on here, and be classed as a swinger. I best up my game I thinks. If I get a MFFF together will that count as my three fucks? What about any women I meet that aren't connected to Fab, do they count? I'm like John Holmes off of Fab. I'm fucking a different woman every day you know

Just because the website has the word 'swingers' in the title it doesn't mean people have an obligation to swing. Whatever it may say on their profile it doesn't mean they have to! They can do whatever THEY want to. It says Oxo on the side of buses but it doesn't mean they sell it!

over a year ago

"Oh good grief don't people get up on their high horses

Second as far as I am aware the site is called fab swingers not fab network for social media chit chat.

I was trying to say that if you don't meet and never have any intention of meeting how can you call yourself a swinger.

It would just be nice to know when we start a dialogue with people it's not just hot air and doesn't ens up with the age old timewaster scenario.

."

Always happy to play, got two kinds, naughty or nice. One brings Santa with his sack to be emptied, the other brings his Mrs for me to empty mine too

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

."

But you don't have sex with other people, you're not swingers either. I don't understand why you're getting upset about people doing exactly what you're doing......running their profile how they want.

By *ombshellWoman
over a year ago

islington

Well I meet more than three times a year!

But I do know what you mean op. I see profiles from couples and single females who have been on for over a year with no meets. Perhaps they like the idea, but haven't quite got round to it. Or just like showing pics, chatting etc. But if that's all they want they should put that on their profile, so everyone can see and judge whether to message or not."

OR maybe they dont think its anyones business and request no veris from meets!

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

So people that meet twice a year and fuck are faux swingers but people who meet three or more with no sex are 'real' swingers?

Interesting viewpoint.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

im not a swinger unless playing with a partner apparently, however, i meet with, or, without one, for socials, play meets,repeat meets, clubs and parties..

i only have atm, one free weekend between now and end of November.so i guess im above the required standards..lol

yes, i have my message filters on to block everyone..does not mean to say i dont meet..

am i a swinger, swingle , unicorn, forumite?..who knows.. probably more relevant..who cares

over a year ago

"im not a swinger unless playing with a partner apparently, however, i meet with, or, without one, for socials, play meets,repeat meets, clubs and parties..

i only have atm, one free weekend between now and end of November.so i guess im above the required standards..lol

yes, i have my message filters on to block everyone..does not mean to say i dont meet..

am i a swinger, swingle , unicorn, forumite?..who knows.. probably more relevant..who cares "

over a year ago

Had the odd meet of here and other sites, in all honesty the Mrs doesn't like to be rated like an eBay transaction.We can and meet socially rather a lot swing when they are right don't do quantity or bed notches don't do ebay transactions style rating either.

over a year ago

."

Well said

over a year ago

I think a lot of people put a lot of stock in varifications (which is fine, obviously) but I do not choose to display any of mine, nor the summary, it doesn't mean I'm fake it just means I don't want a running total up on my public profile.

I think there'll be fakes with vari's and genuine profiles without. It's like life, there's no guarantees.

over a year ago

"

I meet 3 times a year or more

over a year ago

It took me a while to get a meet because people thought I was fake.

I ended up dropping off fab trying to arrange meets and moved away from endless messages which never came to anything.

Now I find that people can see the real me while we meet in person and this tends to be at xtasia.

As for profiles that are fake... well never mind some people only want to talk about the sex life they desire.

over a year ago

"OR how many people say they're not meeting on their profile but actually are, and just want to organise it themselves without getting hounded?"

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

."

The site is also called Fab Swingers, not Fab Soft Swingers.

Hopefully you will see the problem with deciding for other people whether or not they fit an arbitrary measure and then determining they are less 'valid' than yourself on that basis.

It's never popular...but don't people love to do it!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have had full sex3 times this year and 2 lots of soft play......so I am a proper swinger lol

over a year ago

I am unsure as to whether the term "faux" is intended as some sort of insult like "fake."

I am also unsure as to how you can tell (unless the other party imparts information).

In any event, I really do not care if someone judges me a swinger or not. There does not seem to be anything inherently good or advantageous in being labelled a swinger. We like sex with others on occasions. It is as simple as that.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Oooh I've had 3 new meets this year plus previous friends I have met over the years I have been here.

I'd love to meet more than I do, but different areas offer different things and unfortunately my area is not such a hot spot.

over a year ago

I've had more than 3 non-social meets this year

But I'm a single female so I'm not sure what class that puts me in. One was a mff

over a year ago

"I've had more than 3 non-social meets this year

But I'm a single female so I'm not sure what class that puts me in. One was a mff "

A strumpet

over a year ago

"

Why?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

But I'm a single female so I'm not sure what class that puts me in. One was a mff "

A class of your own

over a year ago

But I'm a single female so I'm not sure what class that puts me in. One was a mff

A strumpet "

I love that word

I was thinking of changing my name to Charlotte the Harlot

over a year ago

This is on point

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

A strumpet

I love that word

I was thinking of changing my name to Charlotte the Harlot "

over a year ago

We don't like the term swingers so we aren't too bothered fulfilling the critera. We identify as horny fuckers.

over a year ago

Isn't this site for people with a common interest to come together? Not to meet but to chat, cam, flirt, love and hate?

I don't see it as a dating or meeting site. It's an escape of normal unsexy life lol.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I like the social side and the meeting, it's all good

over a year ago

Perhaps the OP would like profiles to state things more clearly ?

I'm way too chicken to ever meet

I'm just a pic collector

I'm too busy and never get round to it.

I only meet when it's a full moon

I'm a strumpet so I will always say yes.

I guess that would make the searching through profiles easier

over a year ago

"

90% of people say they will meet you but then don't?

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"We don't like the term swingers so we aren't too bothered fulfilling the critera. We identify as horny fuckers. "

over a year ago

"Perhaps the OP would like profiles to state things more clearly ?

I'm way too chicken to ever meet

I'm just a pic collector

I'm too busy and never get round to it.

I only meet when it's a full moon

I'm a strumpet so I will always say yes.

I guess that would make the searching through profiles easier "

Great idea , love it

over a year ago

How people conduct their sex lives is their business. I've had more sex than you this year,if you are counting penetration as real sex and I'm not a swinger.

over a year ago

"

totally agree - very frustrating - getting harder and harder to meet genuine people - in our opinion it's now more of a chat site - but you get annihilated in the forums for daring to say

over a year ago

There should be a 'Just here for titillation'option on profiles.

Nothing wrong with that but it would just result in less frustration.

over a year ago

Most of our play meets have not been directly from this site (maybe it's our age) much easier to meet in clubs

This site serves a purpose for chat, information and events for us, how other people use it is up to them as long as they are clear about there intentions x

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

I just use this site for swapping ...

... cake recipes

over a year ago

I'd love to meet people. But people don't feel the same.

over a year ago

"Over 300 meets in 10 months is our tally , and we are now looking to expand our horizons

"

Pfft, lightweights

over a year ago

just take a look regularly in the 'meets' pages or 'meeting today' in your area - never above the same dozen or so people looking for a meet in there (occasionally maybe 20 at weekends - the rest are club ads) - says it all from a 'meeting' perspective - this is 'chat city'

over a year ago

"just take a look regularly in the 'meets' pages or 'meeting today' in your area - never above the same dozen or so people looking for a meet in there (occasionally maybe 20 at weekends - the rest are club ads) - says it all from a 'meeting' perspective - this is 'chat city' "

But we meet all the time and NEVER post meet requests... I don't think the meets section is indicative of the meeting pattern of all, or even most, of the members on the site

-Courtney

over a year ago

Yeah I've never posted or responded to a meet like that.

over a year ago

We meet too much.......

over a year ago

"

Weve had 3 meets this week

over a year ago

I don't meet often, simply because I don't have time I'm a single mum and I work two jobs so my time is limited, but even I manage 3 meets a years

By *imon and saffyCouple
over a year ago

southampton

We know exactly what you mean. We're not exactly hardened swingers but know what we want and have it as often as possible.

It's when you chat to people, get all the right signals, have a social or two, receive flirting texts and messages, while not pushing them too fast to scare the off, then suddenly when there's a chance to take the next step, you're told that they're not interested and they aren't going to actually play for the next year until they feel the time is right!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I qualify as real on the basis that I meet for more than a social at least 3 times a year.

over a year ago

Genuine here but unfortunately I don't even have my msg replied too

over a year ago

Does "faux" include soft swing OP?

over a year ago

We use fab as a tool, more of a networking tool. We prefer to meet at clubs and prefer to meet people at socials. We fuck people when we are ready to fuck them we prefer to fuck friends to strangers. If that makes us faux swingers... Well then we are faux and proud

over a year ago

It's a good job I had my last meet of the season recently. It's getting near the end of the year and I was only up to two. I've had a few health problems,I would have needed a certificate if he hadn't have come through for me

over a year ago

Oh and other than each other we haven't fucked anyone else this year.... But we fucked tons last year so can that be shared out for part this year?!

over a year ago

Faux and proud!

over a year ago

I don't meet everyone that takes my fancy, if I did I would be at it all the time, tend to meet someone every two weeks x

Post new Message to Thread