Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Sharing Face Pics Off The Site

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Following Ashley Madison and other high profile hacks we have always thought it safer to store our face pics on a vanilla photo sharing web site and send potential meets a link. This means our faces are never stored on Fab. We would never want anyone to find out we swing.

Talking to a couple they went ballistic when we sent them a link to our photos as we were 'not following process' and should share only on the site. We told them to google the photo sharing web site we use to see it's genuine but they wouldn't budge.

Are we being unreasonable? Anyone else share offline to further protect their identity ?

xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

"Following Ashley Madison and other high profile hacks we have always thought it safer to store our face pics on a vanilla photo sharing web site and send potential meets a link. This means our faces are never stored on Fab. We would never want anyone to find out we swing.

Talking to a couple they went ballistic when we sent them a link to our photos as we were 'not following process' and should share only on the site. We told them to google the photo sharing web site we use to see it's genuine but they wouldn't budge.

Are we being unreasonable? Anyone else share offline to further protect their identity ?

xxx"

I like this idea, let's see what others make of it. This gets round our bugbear of fab watermarked face pictures.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Following Ashley Madison and other high profile hacks we have always thought it safer to store our face pics on a vanilla photo sharing web site and send potential meets a link. This means our faces are never stored on Fab. We would never want anyone to find out we swing.

xxx"

Well, can some hacker identify your name, address and identity from a picture?

Additionally, you are putting your faith in yet another site.

So, no.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Photo recognition software is very powerful now. There aint no safe way. Might as well just send pics via email.

over a year ago

Due to recent events it is what you consider the safer option, if the potential meet doesn't like it tough.

over a year ago

xxx

Well, can some hacker identify your name, address and identity from a picture?

Additionally, you are putting your faith in yet another site.

So, no."

If you have only body pics on here then you have little chance (NOT no chance) of being exposed. If you have face pics on a hacked sex site then you have an Ashley Madison situation.

If someone hacks say Instagram and you have a face pic on there then you are one of millions of vanilla people who share face pics with their friends. It doesn't identify you as a swinger .

We know we are a bit paranoid but in a world where any site can be hacked we also think it's sensible to take your own precautions.

over a year ago

I think this is quite a good idea. However as a single bloke i can imagine it would greatly limit potential meets which are already limited by just being a single block.

What site do you use? If cant post in forum could you pm?

over a year ago

It is totally up to the user.

The more info we put on the site, the higher the chance of finding what we are looking for.

However, if you are scared of being outed then do what you need to do to protect yourself.

People get offended by alsorts of things and if they choose not to meet you because they have to look somewhere else for a photo that is up to them as much as it is up to you.

over a year ago

I really don't think it warrants going 'ballistic'

I like the idea but as a single male think it wouldn't work as someone else has said above.

over a year ago

I ask for a face pic on my profile and i hate it when people say "I dont have one here but heres a link or i'll email it to you". I'm not going hunting round the internet to see a face pic. I get it if you don't want to have a face pic here. Whatever. But dont be surprised when people dont want to go to other websites to find your face.

over a year ago

xxx"

what makes you thnk that the other site cannot be hacked, googled, usurped, friends share them with other people? This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years, if you want something kept private DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! The NSA can crack the dark net, if one person has access anyone ~can~ get in! Duh!

over a year ago

we have email for those not wanting to post here but before we get to that stage always point out that they can have them on here to attach to message only - not even on friends and also can be deleted once seen -

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years"

Really?

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

xxx

what makes you thnk that the other site cannot be hacked, googled, usurped, friends share them with other people? This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years, if you want something kept private DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! The NSA can crack the dark net, if one person has access anyone ~can~ get in! Duh!"

Spoken like a true expert......

Apart from if this site for example was hacked then the said face pictures clearly identify you as a swing whereas if a photo sharing site was hacked the face pics would be totally vanilla in nature.

Duh!

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years

Really?"

It only feels like 50

]

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Whatever we feel comfortable with is the best way to go.

Though I personally cannot be bothered with guys who ask for my email address or whatsapp etc. to send a pic. I see it as a way of fishing for personal details from me already.

I know that's not what you are doing but it's not the norm. And some people won't appreciate your efforts to be secure.

Who's to say they won't share the link you sent?

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I ask for a face pic on my profile and i hate it when people say "I dont have one here but heres a link or i'll email it to you". I'm not going hunting round the internet to see a face pic. I get it if you don't want to have a face pic here. Whatever. But dont be surprised when people dont want to go to other websites to find your face."

100% agree

over a year ago

xxx

what makes you thnk that the other site cannot be hacked, googled, usurped, friends share them with other people? This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years, if you want something kept private DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! The NSA can crack the dark net, if one person has access anyone ~can~ get in! Duh!"

I think this misses the point. By having the photos on fab it is obvious the user is a swinger. By having the photos on a generic site, there is no inference. If that site gets hacked, so what? Its not being hacked as a swinging site but as a generic photo site.

Whilst yes it is possible that if you sent a person the link, they could call you out the idea is still far safer. Again it will not suit all but assuming all you need to do is click one link, it will suit the majority.

over a year ago

xxx

what makes you thnk that the other site cannot be hacked, googled, usurped, friends share them with other people? This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years, if you want something kept private DO NOT PUT IT ON THE INTERNET! The NSA can crack the dark net, if one person has access anyone ~can~ get in! Duh!

Spoken like a true expert......

Apart from if this site for example was hacked then the said face pictures clearly identify you as a swing whereas if a photo sharing site was hacked the face pics would be totally vanilla in nature.

Duh!"

Yes that's what we would say. Information on another site irks vanilla. Anything on here connect to swinging

over a year ago

"Whatever we feel comfortable with is the best way to go.

Though I personally cannot be bothered with guys who ask for my email address or whatsapp etc. to send a pic. I see it as a way of fishing for personal details from me already.

I know that's not what you are doing but it's not the norm. And some people won't appreciate your efforts to be secure.

Who's to say they won't share the link you sent? "

Too be extra careful we only put the link up for a few minutes to let people see. If they share it with someone else then it won't work a few minutes later. Of course they could copy pics but we are just being careful not 100% safe.

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

xxx

.......and sorry for being pedantic but The World Wide Web is about 26 years old, the Internet is 46 years old. Tim Berners-Lee, a British scientist at CERN, invented the World Wide Web (WWW) in 1989.

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

xxx"

As they had such a ridiculous and unwarranted reaction to how you want to run your profile I'd say you were lucky not to meet them.

over a year ago

I have nothing to hide

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

" Too be extra careful we only put the link up for a few minutes to let people see."

That's not too bad then

over a year ago

xxx

As they had such a ridiculous and unwarranted reaction to how you want to run your profile I'd say you were lucky not to meet them."

To be good Fab citizens we are going to update our profile to let people know we only share photos offsite. That way it should not be a surprise. Everyone reads profiles don't they

over a year ago

OP, we do this as well. Most people don't mind. For those that do, we say that we understand, but that we won't go any further. Simple.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"OP, we do this as well. Most people don't mind. For those that do, we say that we understand, but that we won't go any further. Simple.

-Courtney"

We didn't even get the chance to say we understand. We got a rant about not following 'procedure' then blocked. Lol

Glad to see there are others like us

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"We got a rant about not following 'procedure' then blocked."

A lucky escape then

over a year ago

"This is the internet, it has been going for 30 years

Really?

It only feels like 50

]"

And the really scary bit is you cant turn it off

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Personally, I think that the biggest risk of being "outed" is to use the same photo's in the vanilla world as you do on here. I wonder how many people have photo's on here that are also on facebook? That's an easy connection through reverse image search.

Cal

over a year ago

xxx

Here here, let's not forget that it was email addresses that were hijacked and not face pics. I have had good meets with people that have not one pic on Fab, we exchanged numbers chatted for a bit then met then again awful meets with someone who had pics that were clearly 10 years old and enhanced

Post new Message to Thread