Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

private house party

Jump to newest

By *herieanne OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wymondham, Norfolk

how much would you think was a reasonable price to attend a private house party with food and drink included.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A tenner!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That depends how many people you'll get, if you want to just cover your costs or if you think you can make a few quid.

If you just want to cover your costs, the sum should be pretty easy, but you'll need to allow for no-shows.

over a year ago

Not sure we'd charge ,if it was us holding a private house party . . Bring a bottle maybe

over a year ago

If I were holding a house party (read:if I had a bigger, nicer house ) I personally wouldn't charge. What can it really cost for some food and drink, even alcohol, for the number of people you can fit in your house?!

-Courtney

over a year ago

I wouldn't charge. I would ask people to bring their own drink.

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple
over a year ago

North Hampshire

"Not sure we'd charge ,if it was us holding a private house party . . Bring a bottle maybe "

This is what we intend to do! I wouldn't feel comfortable charging people...

over a year ago

personally I wouldn't charge at all, yes bring a bottle by all means.

If it was a vanilla party would you charge then !!!! I think not.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"how much would you think was a reasonable price to attend a private house party with food and drink included. "

If I was invited to a private party I would expect to take a decent bottle and a gift for the hosts, if money was expected to change hands I wouldn't go.

I understand that parties cost money but in my opinion charging removes its "private" status.

By *rc83Man
over a year ago

warrington

I wouldn't charge if I was holding. House party.

I've been to a couple and never been asked to pay anything just to brink your own drinks

over a year ago

Money exchanging hands, to me just seems wrong..

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"how much would you think was a reasonable price to attend a private house party with food and drink included. "

Not sure how many parties we have been to, but its over 20, and we have never been asked for money. Sometimes we have been asked to bring a plate for the buffet, other than that we take our own booze and condoms.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Also without knowing what type of food and drink we can't really put a price on it. A bag of frazzles and a bottle of lambrini a quid on the door, free flowing champagne, wines and spirits with chef catered buffet a tiny bit more.

Are you really asking what you could actually get away with?

over a year ago

You shouldn't ask for any kind of payment. You're throwing a party,the fact that some people there may have sex doesn't mean they should pay a fee. If you're worried about dirty sheets and cleaning up you're inviting the wrong people.

over a year ago

£93

over a year ago

When I have held non-swinging BBQ parties, everyone has brought some food and drinks.

I don't see why a swingers gathering at a house should be any different, though someone might be asked to bring some washing powder.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"When I have held non-swinging BBQ parties, everyone has brought some food and drinks.

I don't see why a swingers gathering at a house should be any different, though someone might be asked to bring some washing powder."

I can imagine some feeling entitled if they'd paid.

over a year ago

I've never been charged for attending any house party, the Hosts are usually good friends. I do bring a decent bottle of drink as a thank you

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Booze, cheese and pinapple hedgehog, condoms and some Febreeze

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

Depends what size of house and what you intend to lay on really.

We wouldn't charge but we'd expect people to bring their own drink

over a year ago

The facilities would have to be on the scale of a club for us to be happy to pay on entry... and by that point, we might as well have gone to a club.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

If its at the cop shop there wont be a charge. Too much paper work.

By *ecktheHallsCouple
over a year ago

Near Leeds xx

Free. Just ask people to bring a bottle of what they like to drink. Unless you live in aa b&b, in which case the going rate. x

over a year ago

Would never pay to attend a house party, why not just go to a club instead

over a year ago

"Booze, cheese and pinapple hedgehog, condoms and some Febreeze "

Sounds like my kinda party

over a year ago

We have been to many house parties... Some have been between 10 and 20quid ( including heated pool and hot tubs on the most expensive) but mostly just bring a bottle x

over a year ago

Depends if the food is M&S or Poundland

If its M&S id pay £20

If it Poundland you pay me £20

over a year ago

"Not sure we'd charge ,if it was us holding a private house party . . Bring a bottle maybe "

same - and not even ask but think most would turn up with soemthing

over a year ago

No charge....... Maybe a "honesty box" type thing to contribute to catering costs?

over a year ago

Is it just single guys that will be charged?

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

When is it and have you got somewhere to park our camper? lol

over a year ago

Byob party's always the best always get someone with a few crates and if u get a tidy bunch of people going all chip n and go to bargin bozze

By *erryPervettoMan
over a year ago

London

Met a couple at a party and played with them.We later exchanged contacts and kept in touch.Next thing,the male tells me they are organising a house party and I am invited,but I have to pay £25 quid or so to attend.

Worst thing is I verified them, but they didn't have the courtesy to verify me aswell.Just blocked them and they never heard from me again

over a year ago

we only invite our friends to ours, so it's like any party...bring your own drink and we provide everything else...we have them for the pleasure of their company so wouldn't dream of charging them anything...

over a year ago

"Met a couple at a party and played with them.We later exchanged contacts and kept in touch.Next thing,the male tells me they are organising a house party and I am invited,but I have to pay £25 quid or so to attend.

Worst thing is I verified them, but they didn't have the courtesy to verify me aswell.Just blocked them and they never heard from me again"

Oh god you are so up yourself.......

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

We've been to a few, but one we went to was obviously a long running event, for first timers we were repeatedly told not to bring anything other than our own drinks, but couples who had been multiple times were expected to bring something along for the buffet.

So it depends who you are inviting. If it's people you haven't met before, tell them just to bring their own drinks. If its people you have already met, perhaps ask them to also bring a plate?

But we wouldn't expect cash to be changing hands.

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

I would not charge but I can understand why some do. Anything over ten or 15 quid though smacks of wanting too make money and I would avidly avoid.

over a year ago

This can actualy be braking the law paying for an orgy thats why the likes of annesummers cant have mixed parties

over a year ago

We've been to a private party and paid 20 quid for both of us. Food, soft drinks and play areas provided.

I think if I was doing it with friends then I wouldn't charge,but if opening up to online contacts I might want a contribution to cover possible breakages etc.

over a year ago

We would never charge. However we expect someone to do our ironing, someone to dust, someone too hoover and someone to clean tbe bog

over a year ago

"We would never charge. However we expect someone to do our ironing, someone to dust, someone too hoover and someone to clean tbe bog "

and they have to do it all NAKED

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I would take a bottle of wine or something similar...,or food

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

I don't go anywhere near money. People are asked to bring a bottle of their favourite tipple, and that's it.

Ask for cash and people will want value for money...and that can ruin an atmosphere. You only have to witness that at clubs.

Worse still, if you think that where there's sex there's money, then there's a whole vipers nest of problems that you can enter into. Not least of which is if your house gets damaged or someone should injure themselves on your premises, and end up with a no win no fee lawyer after you for compensation, because if you are trying to make a profit out of a party that counts as a business venture which your household insurance typically excludes.

over a year ago

oh food and drink included £55

By *ivinefoxWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

Horseman's parties provide some food and bottled water but you bring your own article. He charged £5 which seemed fair. I don't think most people hold parties for the money and if people bring their own booze they can drink what they want. May also want to provide condoms, lube and wipes?

I agree about raising expectations if you start to charge, I think a nominal fee to cover your costs is good.

By *ivinefoxWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

Alcohol not article!!

over a year ago

I wouldn't really pay to attend a house party. Bring a bottle or contribute towards costs or even helping to organise and set up etc I wouldnt mind. Had a few invites to a place in Leeds that has regular 'parties' but £25? Sod off! May as well go to a club.

over a year ago

"we only invite our friends to ours, so it's like any party...bring your own drink and we provide everything else...we have them for the pleasure of their company so wouldn't dream of charging them anything..."

Yeah exactly. There's a lot of people who throw parties just as a way of money making, rather than having fun.

By *hechairman18Man
over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

I host GB'S, and have never charged.

I provide soft drinks and a few nibbles.

Get them from the Pound shop.

Doesn't cost a lot.

At first, I provided booze, but was mostly untouched.

People don't want to drink and drive.

Also booze, and sex don't mix.

No objections, if people want to bring their own.

over a year ago

I never charged a single penny for all the parties I had in the Bay.Good times!!

By *erryPervettoMan
over a year ago

London

"Met a couple at a party and played with them.We later exchanged contacts and kept in touch.Next thing,the male tells me they are organising a house party and I am invited,but I have to pay £25 quid or so to attend.

Worst thing is I verified them, but they didn't have the courtesy to verify me aswell.Just blocked them and they never heard from me again

Oh god you are so up yourself......."

No am not.lol.Hey look who's here by the way...do I know u?

By *erryPervettoMan
over a year ago

London

"We've been to a private party and paid 20 quid for both of us. Food, soft drinks and play areas provided.

I think if I was doing it with friends then I wouldn't charge,but if opening up to online contacts I might want a contribution to cover possible breakages etc. "

Lol.Fair enough x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"A tenner! "
looks like I'm in the minority but I was thinking coffee all day, rather a nice M&S picnic and stuff all provided and a really nice day and 3 ladies who all fancied me.

By *innkycoupleCouple
over a year ago

Towcester

We're having a party soon and we're not charging. We figure that the best way to get invited to other people's parties is to be a couple that have them yourselves. It will be bring a bottle, but most parties are.

over a year ago

We hold small partys for people we have meet or friends of friends would not dream of charging

Post new Message to Thread