Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Insecure males in couples.

Jump to newest

By *tallionExotica OP   Man
over a year ago

Islington

Lately I've been noticing quite a few 'males' of the couples getting really insecure whenever the female takes some interest, which ends up either them leaving the site or straight up deleting a conversation that'd have been going really well. Gives me a hunch that the male of the couple wasn't tolerant of it at all. (Even though you're coming off as being respectful of both).

As if dealing with such men in real life wasn't enough (Who get jealous and insecure in an instant), now we're having to deal it here too.

Its such a shame, specially when you know you were getting on really well with the female half.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Lately I've been noticing quite a few 'males' of the couples getting really insecure whenever the female takes some interest, which ends up either them leaving the site or straight up deleting a conversation that'd have been going really well. Gives me a hunch that the male of the couple wasn't tolerant of it at all. (Even though you're coming off as being respectful of both).

As if dealing with such men in real life wasn't enough (Who get jealous and insecure in an instant), now we're having to deal it here too.

Its such a shame, specially when you know you were getting on really well with the female half. "

maybe you dodged a bullet? if that stuff happened in real life it could have been worse/felt worser..

count you're blessings..

over a year ago

Islington

Though it does bring me to another question, do the women in the couple act the same too if there's a woman who's taking interest in their man?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lately I've been noticing quite a few 'males' of the couples getting really insecure whenever the female takes some interest, which ends up either them leaving the site or straight up deleting a conversation that'd have been going really well. Gives me a hunch that the male of the couple wasn't tolerant of it at all. (Even though you're coming off as being respectful of both).

Its such a shame, specially when you know you were getting on really well with the female half. "

Oh! It goes the other way too with women becoming insecure. It happens better to discover before rather than during a meet.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Your last statement tells me where your going wrong getting on well with the woman, you need to be getting on with both halves it doesn't mean the man is insecure it just means you aren't getting on with him so he doesn't want to meet

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Though it does bring me to another question, do the women in the couple act the same too if there's a woman who's taking interest in their man?"

Sometimes but not always.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Your last statement tells me where your going wrong getting on well with the woman, you need to be getting on with both halves it doesn't mean the man is insecure it just means you aren't getting on with him so he doesn't want to meet"

Yea this as well. We were chatting to a guy several years ago and he got all shirty telling Mr N he was chatting to me and to butt out basically. . We didn't meet him

over a year ago

Islington

"Your last statement tells me where your going wrong getting on well with the woman, you need to be getting on with both halves it doesn't mean the man is insecure it just means you aren't getting on with him so he doesn't want to meet"

I've already stated that I'm being respectful of both and have conversations with both. Its not my fault that the female half takes more interest now does it?

over a year ago

I would say with a couple it's very important the make the male and female feel comfortable

over a year ago

When I was on here with an ex I didn't mind him speaking and meeting with women in fact it turned me on. But he was very insecure if I had a message off anyone, it'd cause arguments that lasted days. Wouldn't mind but it was his idea to join needless to say I'm glad I ended that relationship x

over a year ago

well said!!i.had this the other day all chat was directed at me kitty and randy didnt seem to get a mention and although he wasnt rude he still only spoke to me so i politley told him i wasnt a single lady and that he wasnt for us!!x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Your last statement tells me where your going wrong getting on well with the woman, you need to be getting on with both halves it doesn't mean the man is insecure it just means you aren't getting on with him so he doesn't want to meet

I've already stated that I'm being respectful of both and have conversations with both. Its not my fault that the female half takes more interest now does it?"

Then it isn't you but a problem within their relationship, so you don't need to deal with it.

over a year ago

well said!!i.had this the other day all chat was directed at me kitty and randy didnt seem to get a mention and although he wasnt rude he still only spoke to me so i politley told him i wasnt a single lady and that he wasnt for us!!x

over a year ago

"Your last statement tells me where your going wrong getting on well with the woman, you need to be getting on with both halves it doesn't mean the man is insecure it just means you aren't getting on with him so he doesn't want to meet

I've already stated that I'm being respectful of both and have conversations with both. Its not my fault that the female half takes more interest now does it?"

There's a difference between been respectful because you feel you have to be and genuinely been interested in talking to both parties, its tough you've got to try be respectful and also try to be mates with him as well

over a year ago

"Though it does bring me to another question, do the women in the couple act the same too if there's a woman who's taking interest in their man?"

from my experience some do

I've had a few woman be a little funny with me if I talk to their fella

over a year ago

Islington

"I would say with a couple it's very important the make the male and female feel comfortable "

That's the thing. Well not everyone happens to be like that though. I've met couples where both the male and female have been amazing hosts.

As a matter of fact, I find it much more respecting that I could become great friends with the male half.

over a year ago

Islington

I've already stated that I'm being respectful of both and have conversations with both. Its not my fault that the female half takes more interest now does it?

Then it isn't you but a problem within their relationship, so you don't need to deal with it."

Yeah pretty much. It does feel disappointing if you ask me, but well...can't do anything about it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Then it isn't you but a problem within their relationship, so you don't need to deal with it.

Yeah pretty much. It does feel disappointing if you ask me, but well...can't do anything about it."

No, you can't. Having had socials with people where it's been clear that one half was really not keen on the whole idea I'd say it's better to feel disappointed beforehand than get in the middle of issues.

over a year ago

It's impossible to talk to two people at the same time and if one responds more than the other you can't be ignorant. If one partner doesn't get involved in conversations there's nothing you can do. Let them sort out their problems and find a couple who don't have insecurities.

over a year ago

I've only had one woman get my back up when messaging us, numerous messages of how she would like to meet him, etc. Not one mention to me at all despite R referring to "us" & "we".

On every other occasion though I really enjoy women taking an interest in R. He's a sexy man and I enjoy sharing him.

I think the other posters are right, when chatting with couples remember and acknowledge they are couples.

Rach x

over a year ago

The whole Unlos thing goes across the spectrum and is not just down to one demographic on here.

Some people think it's a good idea until it comes down to the actual meet. Then cracks turn into Unlos or cold feet.

By *estinysswingersCouple
over a year ago

Worsley

Both have to be comfortable. Not just the female - a couple consists of both. It's always hard to know what's gone on but from our perspective what annoys us the most of when someone talks solely to one party and not both.

over a year ago

I don't tend to meet couples although I do get messages for them, mostly from the male but sometimes the female, but I always ask which it is when they message. My question is how do you talk to a couple? Do you say 'how are you both today?' 'What have you both been doing?' 'Have you both been at work?' Etc etc, I'm sure you get my drift. Do couples say oh it's Fred here or its Freda here? This is a genuine question because I fail to see how anyone could know without asking the question or being told.

And OP, how do you know it was the male who blocked you?

over a year ago

"Both have to be comfortable. Not just the female - a couple consists of both. It's always hard to know what's gone on but from our perspective what annoys us the most of when someone talks solely to one party and not both. "

Yes! I won't even reply to messages addressed directly to me unless it's based on a forum post or something or we have been chatting before

over a year ago

Islington

"I don't tend to meet couples although I do get messages for them, mostly from the male but sometimes the female, but I always ask which it is when they message. My question is how do you talk to a couple? Do you say 'how are you both today?' 'What have you both been doing?' 'Have you both been at work?' Etc etc, I'm sure you get my drift. Do couples say oh it's Fred here or its Freda here? This is a genuine question because I fail to see how anyone could know without asking the question or being told.

And OP, how do you know it was the male who blocked you?"

To give you an example, I was talking to the female half of the couple (Already seen the couple on cam before, verified each other too and all).

So we're exchanging positive messages for a while, and then the next moment, all that conversation gets deleted out of nowhere. That struck me off as odd.

My hunch is that it was something to do with the male half. You wouldn't just throw away something like that after having gone through good experiences before.

over a year ago

Can I ask why you think this was the result of insecurity on the male's part? Was it just an impression or more than that?

over a year ago

When being messaged from a couples' profile I would expect the person messaging to state who I'm talking to. I don't like the ask who I'm talking to or have to keep asking. It's not always evident from the text. If I had been previously talking to the woman I would expect the man to tell me it's him carrying on the conversation if he took over.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

True, but if they play as a couple then both would need to be happy or it's going nowhere...if they play separately it may be a different matter.

over a year ago

Its such a shame, specially when you know you were getting on really well with the female half.

Can I ask why you think this was the result of insecurity on the male's part? Was it just an impression or more than that?"

Thats what I was thinking. Why would the Op think its insecurity on the male's part? Unless of course he thinks that he is in some way superior to the male half? It would appear so, so hardly surprising a conversation ends

over a year ago

"

To give you an example, I was talking to the female half of the couple (Already seen the couple on cam before, verified each other too and all).

So we're exchanging positive messages for a while, and then the next moment, all that conversation gets deleted out of nowhere. That struck me off as odd.

My hunch is that it was something to do with the male half. You wouldn't just throw away something like that after having gone through good experiences before."

There are a myriad of possible explanations. There is nowt as strange as folk (except perhaps for folks on Fabs). Just wonder why you assumed it was down to the male's insecurity.

over a year ago

"I don't tend to meet couples although I do get messages for them, mostly from the male but sometimes the female, but I always ask which it is when they message. My question is how do you talk to a couple? Do you say 'how are you both today?' 'What have you both been doing?' 'Have you both been at work?' Etc etc, I'm sure you get my drift. Do couples say oh it's Fred here or its Freda here? This is a genuine question because I fail to see how anyone could know without asking the question or being told.

My hunch is that it was something to do with the male half. You wouldn't just throw away something like that after having gone through good experiences before."

Maybe she was talking to you behind the males back and deleted the post so he couldn't read them, maybe he didn't even know she had been talking to you at all

over a year ago

I think this site boosts the egos of women and couples in general..single men rudiculously outnumber everyone else and majority want sex..no deep relationships..etc..but obviously being the "underdogs" some people expect single men to jump through hoops, they can be easily tarred with a bad brush and have to go that extra mile to convince people they may be worth a meet, i've hidden my profile for these very reasons, its a sex site not really a swingers site, therefore i choose carefully who i'm interested in having sex with...no hoop jumping, i value myself and whatsmore rate my company so if someone wants to get arsey they can jog on...ive had a few couples come across really sanctimonious in the early days but i stopped messaging them shortly after joining, if its your thing then its very different to meeting single fems or even fem fem.

Each to their own.x

over a year ago

We do the chatting together, however there have been several guys that we had been chatting to who would see us online ask who's on and when its me (male) they would stop chatting, that's not on and they get blocked straight away

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

Wait.. the messages were simply deleted? Did you not get an actual message they were not interested??

It is quite possible they do tidy out their inbox occasionally, you know....

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple
over a year ago

North Hampshire

To be fair - we could come across as split personality, as we both answer messages, ya never know who's talking

For us and 'the single man" we both have to be comfortable with you, it may be that one sentence sends either one of us running for the hills, that's just the way it is. It doesn't mean either one or the other is insecure.

By deleting the conversation, could they possibly have just been 'tidying up'? I often go on and just delete everything to get rid of read messages and clean up ..... I have a bit of OCD

V

X

over a year ago

I think the last few words of that post are pretty key as I suspect that is indicative of your mindset. You aren't taking interest in one half of a couple you are taking interest in both of the. Many men on here look at couples as an easier way to fuck a female or assume that the male half of a couple can't satisfy them and that's why they are here. And it's nothing to do with insecurity that pisses people off, it's the lack of respect to a couple's relationship. I'm not saying you are guilty of that, I just get the impression (and mot just from this quote) that you possibly are

over a year ago

"

Throw away something like what?

By *ittenbutnotshyCouple
over a year ago

North Manchester

Yea this as well. We were chatting to a guy several years ago and he got all shirty telling Mr N he was chatting to me and to butt out basically. . We didn't meet him "

We had one a while ago, can't remember why we turned him down but he went on to say stuff like "but what do you want fem?" Started calling me controlling and insecure and got quite aggressive! He got blocked of course.....

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

over a year ago

Islington

"

My hunch is that it was something to do with the male half. You wouldn't just throw away something like that after having gone through good experiences before.

Throw away something like what?"

A good conversation I mean, and then end up blocking the person / removing the profile when everything was fine and dandy a few hours ago.

over a year ago

Islington

Wait.. the messages were simply deleted? Did you not get an actual message they were not interested??

It is quite possible they do tidy out their inbox occasionally, you know...."

No. It was that the female half was really interested (Heck she was the one taking the initiative to talk and all), even though I'd talk to her about both of them. (She was after all, using the profile at that time)

Then all of a sudden everything got deleted off.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You know what I think....time to move on.

over a year ago

Islington

"

There are a myriad of possible explanations. There is nowt as strange as folk (except perhaps for folks on Fabs). Just wonder why you assumed it was down to the male's insecurity."

Well based on what I've had to go through in normal days when talking to females and watching their boyfriends get all too insecure and jealous led me to assume that. (Even though there was just a normal conversation going on).

There have even been instances with me where a female friend that I had known for long, stopped talking to me because her newly found boyfriend told her not to speak to me anymore, even though we were just friends.

That really hurt, knowing that years of being friends were gone all down the drain thanks to a really jealous and insecure boyfriend.

over a year ago

Islington

[Removed by poster at 28/09/15 23:12:31]

over a year ago

If there is a couple involved that should be respected.

over a year ago

Islington

"You know what I think....time to move on."

Yeah, you're right. But it sure does cross your mind and gives me something to contemplate on the behaviour of certain humans.

over a year ago

That's just the thing-this is real life not just your fantasy, people get anxious and jealous. I had a woman get all pissy because I checked on my wifes back pain while fucking her. Nuff said. I know who comes first in my life.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"You know what I think....time to move on.

Yeah, you're right. But it sure does cross your mind and gives me something to contemplate on the behaviour of certain humans. "

Yep!

over a year ago

That's just the thing-this is real life not just your fantasy, people get anxious and jealous. I had a woman get all pissy because I checked on my wifes back pain while fucking her. Nuff said. I know who comes first in my life. "

Wouldn't your wife stop if her back was painful? Or can't she speak up for herself?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

The fundamental word is couple.

In most cases,Couples make decisions jointly.

Couples have been making decisions jointly for ages now,I'm surprised you haven't heard.

You also seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions,based on a hunch.

over a year ago

Op, you have nothing that would make any guy on here feel insecure I can promise you

over a year ago

"

Throw away something like what?

A good conversation I mean, and then end up blocking the person / removing the profile when everything was fine and dandy a few hours ago. "

Perhaps that was all they were looking for...women can be as big a fantasist as men can...A bit of sexy talk to get off with no intention of meeting...then delete and move on...or you could have been inadvertently talking to the male half, or just a single guy posing as a couple...it's been known on here...

over a year ago

Or you creeper our the woman and so got blocked.

over a year ago

"

There are a myriad of possible explanations. There is nowt as strange as folk (except perhaps for folks on Fabs). Just wonder why you assumed it was down to the male's insecurity.

Well based on what I've had to go through in normal days when talking to females and watching their boyfriends get all too insecure and jealous led me to assume that. (Even though there was just a normal conversation going on).

There have even been instances with me where a female friend that I had known for long, stopped talking to me because her newly found boyfriend told her not to speak to me anymore, even though we were just friends.

That really hurt, knowing that years of being friends were gone all down the drain thanks to a really jealous and insecure boyfriend."

Are you regularly hitting on attached women or something?

As if this is happening to you regularly and even with old friends perhaps you're just far to flirty in your conversations with women in relationships.

over a year ago

Islington

"

That really hurt, knowing that years of being friends were gone all down the drain thanks to a really jealous and insecure boyfriend.

As if this is happening to you regularly and even with old friends perhaps you're just far to flirty in your conversations with women in relationships."

Uhhhh...I just said our conversations were just normal.

over a year ago

"

As if this is happening to you regularly and even with old friends perhaps you're just far to flirty in your conversations with women in relationships.

Uhhhh...I just said our conversations were just normal. "

Yes from your perspective but is there something in the way your acting that is consistently getting the same reaction from people.

As not to be harsh but you aren't the typical kind of guy that a boyfriend would be concerned about talking to his gf.

By *limtigerCouple
over a year ago

Islington

My first and cardinal rule of swinging/three/foursomes etc is NO TALKING outside the group - set up a chatroom-type group conversation thing on kik or whatsapp and the rule is NO talking outside the group. This avoids misunderstandings etc. Men and women can get insecure for many reasons but the feeling that their partner is talking outside the group to someone else is the main reason. Simples!

By *asperthedogCouple
over a year ago

midlands

men in couples on the whole are the major bringer of problems into the whole couple and single guy set up. If single guys are making you feel insecure then I would suggest you play with couples. My wife chats to who she likes, she's the one that's going to fuck the guy, she can decide, she's a big girl, her choice. Not so keen on the guys who want to be my best friend just so he can fuck my wife, find all that a bit false. If we go and play with a single guy as a couple it's usually after he's been road tested by the wife and he can actually cut the mustard

over a year ago

Perhaps you said something that made her feel uncomfortable, I know a few single men I have spoken to on here can hold a decent conversation for about 7 messages before they can't hold back and start being pushy and demanding a meet.

N xx

over a year ago

Couples have been making decisions jointly for ages now,I'm surprised you haven't heard.

"

Just because they couple doesn't mean they always make joint decisions together.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Gosh you are unlucky OP

Friends leave you for someone else.

People drop you without giving a reason.

Can't chat because of other males.

Scenario, what if you are projecting the "jealous partner" and it is what you are giving off in those encounters, just a thought.

Equally you might have something that jealous partners don't want to give you.

Just my way of thinking about what I'm I putting into these encounters.

The meaning of a communication is the response you get.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Just because they couple doesn't mean they always make joint decisions together. "

And that usually leads to them being an ex couple.

over a year ago

Islington

Perhaps you said something that made her feel uncomfortable, I know a few single men I have spoken to on here can hold a decent conversation for about 7 messages before they can't hold back and start being pushy and demanding a meet.

N xx"

Nope. Nothing of that sort happened. It was the usual funny banter we were used to having.

over a year ago

Islington

"men in couples on the whole are the major bringer of problems into the whole couple and single guy set up. If single guys are making you feel insecure then I would suggest you play with couples. My wife chats to who she likes, she's the one that's going to fuck the guy, she can decide, she's a big girl, her choice. Not so keen on the guys who want to be my best friend just so he can fuck my wife, find all that a bit false. If we go and play with a single guy as a couple it's usually after he's been road tested by the wife and he can actually cut the mustard"

I understand what you're saying here.

But reality is, I do actually appreciate it that the male half is really relaxed, chilled and is willing to be a good friend as well.

Its a sign of a couple who're truly open-minded and understanding of each other. I find it incredibly respectful that they're able to do something that a lot struggle to maintain.

over a year ago

Islington

"

Yes from your perspective but is there something in the way your acting that is consistently getting the same reaction from people.

As not to be harsh but you aren't the typical kind of guy that a boyfriend would be concerned about talking to his gf. "

You;d be well surprised how some men over-react. Its come to a point now where i don't find it surprising but at the same time equally annoying at times too.

This isn't restricted to just swinging. It also happens in other situations like the workplace or certain socials.

over a year ago

"

As not to be harsh but you aren't the typical kind of guy that a boyfriend would be concerned about talking to his gf.

You;d be well surprised how some men over-react. Its come to a point now where i don't find it surprising but at the same time equally annoying at times too.

This isn't restricted to just swinging. It also happens in other situations like the workplace or certain socials."

over a year ago

Which is why we have on our profile....

"We both smoke,but don't mind if you don't.... "

over a year ago

"

This isn't restricted to just swinging. It also happens in other situations like the workplace or certain socials."

Which is all kind of point to your behaviour isn't it.

Your "normal" might be everyone else's far to familiar etc.

over a year ago

Oops,wrong thread....

over a year ago

Islington

"

This isn't restricted to just swinging. It also happens in other situations like the workplace or certain socials.

Which is all kind of point to your behaviour isn't it.

Your "normal" might be everyone else's far to familiar etc."

By 'normal' I mean exchanging a few pleasantries, coupled with a bit of humour.

Unless you classify that as extraordinary, in which case, some people people might have to re-asses their conversational habits. haha

By *otts PervsCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Thank god were comfortable enough to both be involved in messaging without any jealousy. We find it more of a turn on hearing about the conversations we've had during the day.

Post new Message to Thread