FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Why don't ( some) men make more effort with their photos?

Jump to newest

By *ivinefox OP   Woman
over a year ago

Coventry

We all know there are tons more men than women on here so men have to sell themselves and make an effort to meet women. So what I don't understand is why a lot of men send such rubbish photos of themselves? Personally I just want to see what a guy looks like, I want to see his face to see if I find him attractive but a lot of men send unflattering face shots, usually a bad selfie or badly lit or from miles away. And they wonder why I don't contact them? I do meet guys and if they've sent me a nice photo of themselves then I'm very keen. But if I don't know what they look like, because I get so many messages, I honestly can't be bothered. It's not only men who are visual, women are too. Sort it out guys, make some effort!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"We all know there are tons more men than women on here so men have to sell themselves and make an effort to meet women. So what I don't understand is why a lot of men send such rubbish photos of themselves? Personally I just want to see what a guy looks like, I want to see his face to see if I find him attractive but a lot of men send unflattering face shots, usually a bad selfie or badly lit or from miles away. And they wonder why I don't contact them? I do meet guys and if they've sent me a nice photo of themselves then I'm very keen. But if I don't know what they look like, because I get so many messages, I honestly can't be bothered. It's not only men who are visual, women are too. Sort it out guys, make some effort! "

I don't know

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I disagree OP. The type of men you describe are types I don't want to meet. The crap photo's make them easy to spot, and therefore easy to avoid. It's a great filter.

By *lamstrip007Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

"We all know there are tons more men than women on here so men have to sell themselves and make an effort to meet women. So what I don't understand is why a lot of men send such rubbish photos of themselves? Personally I just want to see what a guy looks like, I want to see his face to see if I find him attractive but a lot of men send unflattering face shots, usually a bad selfie or badly lit or from miles away. And they wonder why I don't contact them? I do meet guys and if they've sent me a nice photo of themselves then I'm very keen. But if I don't know what they look like, because I get so many messages, I honestly can't be bothered. It's not only men who are visual, women are too. Sort it out guys, make some effort! "
this coming from a women with a pic covering half her face

By *ivinefox OP   Woman
over a year ago

Coventry

Scarlet, that's a very good point, I never thought of it like that. Are you saying that because they haven't made the effort they're not serious/lazy/ time wasters?

By *ivinefox OP   Woman
over a year ago

Coventry

Yes but my friends pics shows my face very clearly. Just not going to show my face in public!

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Scarlet, that's a very good point, I never thought of it like that. Are you saying that because they haven't made the effort they're not serious/lazy/ time wasters?"

They would probably manage to put about the same amount of effort into trying to pleasure you as opposed to just themselves in the bedroom also.....

over a year ago

"We all know there are tons more men than women on here so men have to sell themselves and make an effort to meet women. So what I don't understand is why a lot of men send such rubbish photos of themselves? Personally I just want to see what a guy looks like, I want to see his face to see if I find him attractive but a lot of men send unflattering face shots, usually a bad selfie or badly lit or from miles away. And they wonder why I don't contact them? I do meet guys and if they've sent me a nice photo of themselves then I'm very keen. But if I don't know what they look like, because I get so many messages, I honestly can't be bothered. It's not only men who are visual, women are too. Sort it out guys, make some effort! this coming from a women with a pic covering half her face "

I think the point was to send a nice, clear face pic in a message....not post publicly...

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Yes but my friends pics shows my face very clearly. Just not going to show my face in public! "

An damn pretty it is too!!

over a year ago

"Scarlet, that's a very good point, I never thought of it like that. Are you saying that because they haven't made the effort they're not serious/lazy/ time wasters?"

Not necessarily no. Sometimes people like to show just a little, as we both know. But if every pic they send is the same then it just means they aren't compatible with me.

over a year ago

To be fair I've seen some pretty dodgy females pics too :/

Not saying mine are amazing. I know they're not. But I've seen some pretty terrible ones on here from both males and females

over a year ago

I've seen some bloody awful ones on here from both men and women, so it's not just some men that can't take a decent photo.

over a year ago

I'm just lazy I guess...

By *hocolate007Man
over a year ago

london

"Yes but my friends pics shows my face very clearly. Just not going to show my face in public! "

no one is asking you to show your face in public but atleast make an effort by not standing miles away in your profile selfie pix.

Seriously whats it with the sexist related point of view from posts on here today ? Its starting to sound like a broken record

over a year ago

David Bailey could take my photos and it still wouldn't make any difference!

Just not photogenic.

over a year ago

Same with women with no pics on their profile lol.

over a year ago

I would like to think some of us single males like to make an effort x

By *ill74Man
over a year ago

New forest area

"David Bailey could take my photos and it still wouldn't make any difference!

Just not photogenic."

Ditto.

Look better in person, than in photos.

On top of that I weasr glasses.

over a year ago

"Scarlet, that's a very good point, I never thought of it like that. Are you saying that because they haven't made the effort they're not serious/lazy/ time wasters?

They would probably manage to put about the same amount of effort into trying to pleasure you as opposed to just themselves in the bedroom also....."

Curious!

Does the same apply to the many women on fab who think it's enough just to be here and have crap photo's or none at all? Shall we assume they're shit in bed too? xx

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

"Scarlet, that's a very good point, I never thought of it like that. Are you saying that because they haven't made the effort they're not serious/lazy/ time wasters?

They would probably manage to put about the same amount of effort into trying to pleasure you as opposed to just themselves in the bedroom also.....

Curious!

Does the same apply to the many women on fab who think it's enough just to be here and have crap photo's or none at all? Shall we assume they're shit in bed too? xx"

Yes...anything worth doing well is worth putting effort into....if you can't put an effort into creating a half decent profile on here and taking a few half decent photos then the chances are you are not going to make much effort when it comes to communication or any meet that might result either....all imho of course...

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

Curious!

Does the same apply to the many women on fab who think it's enough just to be here and have crap photo's or none at all? Shall we assume they're shit in bed too? xx

Yes...anything worth doing well is worth putting effort into....if you can't put an effort into creating a half decent profile on here and taking a few half decent photos then the chances are you are not going to make much effort when it comes to communication or any meet that might result either....all imho of course..."

Oh, and if that wasn't clear, I DO mean that this goes for women on here just as much as men...

over a year ago

Curious!

Yes...anything worth doing well is worth putting effort into....if you can't put an effort into creating a half decent profile on here and taking a few half decent photos then the chances are you are not going to make much effort when it comes to communication or any meet that might result either....all imho of course..."

Ah I see! I hadn't made the correlation but ok! So - by the same token - my profile is extremely wordy and I have lots of pictures - so what would that suggest about my bedroom skills then foxy?

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

Curious!

Yes...anything worth doing well is worth putting effort into....if you can't put an effort into creating a half decent profile on here and taking a few half decent photos then the chances are you are not going to make much effort when it comes to communication or any meet that might result either....all imho of course...

Ah I see! I hadn't made the correlation but ok! So - by the same token - my profile is extremely wordy and I have lots of pictures - so what would that suggest about my bedroom skills then foxy? "

It would suggest that you'd leave me in need of some serious R&R...but with a big smile on my face

over a year ago

Curious!

Ah I see! I hadn't made the correlation but ok! So - by the same token - my profile is extremely wordy and I have lots of pictures - so what would that suggest about my bedroom skills then foxy?

It would suggest that you'd leave me in need of some serious R&R...but with a big smile on my face "

Indeed!!

over a year ago

What if someone's taken literally dozens of photos, but has all the camera skills of a one armed wildebeest?

They could have put lots of effort in, but simply take crap photos.

I think it's pretty obvious which of mine were taken by a professional photographer and which were taken by a one armed wildebeest.

By *hocolate007Man
over a year ago

london

Curious!

Oh, and if that wasn't clear, I DO mean that this goes for women on here just as much as men... "

id like to know where you get your wierd ideas from about the correlation of ones profile pix or page and their skills in bed. Has it crossed your mind that people might prefer being discrete which might explain why they have few pix on their profile and they might be dyslexic which might also explain the lack of a well built profile pix.

And even if your principle applies , is it fair then to say people who come up with wierd ideas like yours about the build up of a profile would be weird or shit in bed ?

over a year ago

They would probably manage to put about the same amount of effort into trying to pleasure you as opposed to just themselves in the bedroom also....."

One of my favourite guys to meet on here has one really old rubbish picture and barely any profile text, but he's very good in bed....just saying

By *arks_coupleCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

In better with the camera than the Mrs!

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

Curious!

Oh, and if that wasn't clear, I DO mean that this goes for women on here just as much as men...

id like to know where you get your wierd ideas from about the correlation of ones profile pix or page and their skills in bed. Has it crossed your mind that people might prefer being discrete which might explain why they have few pix on their profile and they might be dyslexic which might also explain the lack of a well built profile pix.

And even if your principle applies , is it fair then to say people who come up with wierd ideas like yours about the build up of a profile would be weird or shit in bed ?"

Yeah ...whatever mate

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

That's the fist time that I have seen someone genuinely try to equate narcassim with being a generous lover...

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Fuckin' cock pics

*tuts*

By *olarfoxMan
over a year ago

North Cambs

That's the fist time that I have seen someone genuinely try to equate narcassim with being a generous lover... "

So now, having some decent pics on your profile suddenly equates to narcissism....whatever next in this thread?

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

That's the fist time that I have seen someone genuinely try to equate narcassim with being a generous lover...

So now, having some decent pics on your profile suddenly equates to narcissism....whatever next in this thread? "

Of course it does!

Its showing off, in order to attract meets! We all do it. Its just really pushing it to suggest that a guy who likes taking photos of himself will somehow make a better lover than a man who doesn't.

By *ivinefox OP   Woman
over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 23/09/15 00:20:41]

over a year ago

As much as I like having a good profile(to those who like it lol), I would never judge how good a potential meet is based on a profile..

I'll agree having decent pics helps shoppers..I've met some cracking people who dont do much in the way of pics..if any really...

By *hocolate007Man
over a year ago

london

Curious!

And even if your principle applies , is it fair then to say people who come up with wierd ideas like yours about the build up of a profile would be weird or shit in bed ?

Yeah ...whatever mate "

Well ? Answer the question then

over a year ago

"As much as I like having a good profile(to those who like it lol), I would never judge how good a potential meet is based on a profile..

I'll agree having decent pics helps shoppers..I've met some cracking people who dont do much in the way of pics..if any really..."

I read the OP as being about pics that people send in mail. So a bit odd when someone sends a pic of a dot in the distance or a really dark photo and you're squinting trying to see if you fancy them or not.

I agree about pics on profiles. Doesn't bother me if they have none or 1,000. I make my assessment on much more than just that.

over a year ago

I'm pretty happy with my pics....balances out a poorly written profile I hope.

The sexiest lass I met from here only had one grainy public pic,and no avatar!

By *unlovinguy_68Man
over a year ago

nottingham

What do you ladies think makes a good picture.

I've tried a bit of variety but no matter what you do it's not to everyone's taste

But I'm all for listening and learning ladies

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

I try to make an effort

By *ighting17thMan
over a year ago

Bodmin

I am sort of happy with mine, though I'm trying to work out a bit of variety. My friend pics are face pics aswell, nothing rude as it doesn't seem the right way to do it?

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Mine are Shite ! Hate having my pic taken , so that's that ! Just have to let my personality and charm win through

over a year ago

"Why don't (some) men make more effort with their photos?"

Shhh... Don't tell them what they are doing wrong because they are making some of us look better

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"Why don't (some) men make more effort with their photos?

Shhh... Don't tell them what they are doing wrong because they are making some of us look better "

over a year ago

Pictures are a good start but not everything

Ask em for a better pic or just be ignorant and block em

Up to you really.

Ppl hide faces for all sorts of reasons

Because of certain jobs or the fact they have kids n don't want the whole world knowing there a swinger lol

If u asked for a few pics u might be surprised

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I have a few, but not many, but I do send a clear face pic with messages - the bottom line for me though is that I just feel a twat taking pictures of myself

As for the correlation between profile, pics and actual person, it might exist but not always. I had a meet with someone who exudes sex, but she had no photo, and a one line profile. It was the telephone conversation that settled it.

over a year ago

Curious!

Does the same apply to the many women on fab who think it's enough just to be here and have crap photo's or none at all? Shall we assume they're shit in bed too? xx"

hehe hey fair point but non of the points here are valid really bottom line is nothing beats meeting in person some people are photogenic some aren't some have crap cameras and the other thing is do we actually base everything on look personality surely accounts for a lot of the attraction between a man and a woman o mean look at Catherine zeta Jones and michael Douglas

By *aptain RedbeardMan
over a year ago

Right here, right now!

I've just done some new ones. Based on the fact that many ladies on here like bums, I've put my freckly buttocks on public view...

over a year ago

All types of profiles have some pics that I think are unflattering or lazy, but I guess it helps me stand out better if I was to believe my pics were better or more thought out etc.

I think some guys think that it's just about sex so they will only show their sex organs

By *ommando4Man
over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"All types of profiles have some pics that I think are unflattering or lazy, but I guess it helps me stand out better if I was to believe my pics were better or more thought out etc.

I think some guys think that it's just about sex so they will only show their sex organs "

I only have the one sex organ so you make me feel a bit inadequate . Lol

over a year ago

"All types of profiles have some pics that I think are unflattering or lazy, but I guess it helps me stand out better if I was to believe my pics were better or more thought out etc.

I think some guys think that it's just about sex so they will only show their sex organs

I only have the one sex organ so you make me feel a bit inadequate . Lol"

Is it your brain yeah??

By *ythenshawefredMan
over a year ago

stockport

Guys never quite look right in a selfie (guess it's because we look like nutters doing a duck pout) and it always looks very dodgy if you grab one of your pics from social media sites, short of asking your mate Dave to take your pic while you pose it's a tough one

over a year ago

Curious!

Does the same apply to the many women on fab who think it's enough just to be here and have crap photo's or none at all? Shall we assume they're shit in bed too? xx hehe hey fair point but non of the points here are valid really bottom line is nothing beats meeting in person some people are photogenic some aren't some have crap cameras and the other thing is do we actually base everything on look personality surely accounts for a lot of the attraction between a man and a woman o mean look at Catherine zeta Jones and michael Douglas "

over a year ago

"Guys never quite look right in a selfie (guess it's because we look like nutters doing a duck pout) and it always looks very dodgy if you grab one of your pics from social media sites, short of asking your mate Dave to take your pic while you pose it's a tough one"

Very true ^

I find it difficult to take pic's of myself and trying to take the more interesting ones are a right pain

over a year ago

Maybe just meet photographers? But of course, you're completely right. People who are rubbish at taking selfies should be regarded as sexless time wasters unfit for human consumption.

over a year ago

All of my photos, except the outdoor ones are done with a camera and the self timer.

Mine are crap due to not knowing what looks good.

Post new Message to Thread