Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

'Super-gonorrhoea' outbreak in Leeds

Jump to newest

By *urreylover OP   Man
over a year ago

Guildford

This is a current news item on the BBC.

It states that the infection is highly drug resistant and is spread by unprotected vaginal, oral and anal sex.

Twelve cases have been confirmed in Leeds and a further four have been reported in Macclesfield, Oldham and Scunthorpe.

However, there are likely to be more undiagnosed cases.

Will it change your swinging activities?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

It won't change anything I do. No sex is 100% safe but I already play as safely as possible and assume everyone I meet could have something already

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can't really do anything about it, not everyone verifies who they play with and not everyone shows veris anyway so idk who's slept with people from those areas. I get messages from people who are prepared to travel up here so it's likely someone will have spread it to here.

I do unprotected oral and thinking of changing this anyway soon.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

And other areas too such as Scunthorpe.

over a year ago

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Gonorrhoea/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae or gonococcus. It used to be known as 'the clap'.

The bacteria are mainly found in discharge from the penis and in vaginal fluid.

Gonorrhoea is easily passed between people through:

unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex

sharing vibrators or other sex toys that haven't been washed or covered with a new condom each time they're used

The bacteria can infect the cervix (entrance to the womb), the urethra (tube through which urine passes out of the body), the rectum, and less commonly the throat or eyes.

The infection can also be passed from a pregnant woman to her baby. If you're pregnant and may have gonorrhoea, it's important to get tested and treated before your baby is born. Without treatment, gonorrhoea can cause permanent blindness in a newborn baby.

Gonorrhoea isn't spread by kissing, hugging, sharing baths or towels, swimming pools, toilet seats, or sharing cups, plates and cutlery, because the bacteria can't survive outside the human body for long.

Signs and symptoms

Typical symptoms of gonorrhoea include a thick green or yellow discharge from the vagina or penis, pain when urinating and (in women) bleeding between periods.

However, around 1 in 10 infected men and almost half of infected women don't experience any symptoms.

over a year ago

This was just on bbc news

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Although this is just in the news now if you read the reports the outbreak was actually reported in MARCH.

This means it is too late to panic.

What it does show is the need to frequently go to GUM clinics for check ups.

This not only gives you reassurance that you have not caught anything (yes even if you use a condom even for oral sex) and the staff in the clinic will be alert to any outbreaks in their area.

We suggest all active swingers are checked every 4 weeks

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

Perhaps we should also have included a warning for all those people who like to have cum sprayed over them, particularly their faces.

Gonorrhoea reproduces easily in the warm, moist areas of the reproductive tract, as well as in the urethra.

The bacterium will also grow in the mouth, throat, eyes, and anus. The bacteria is most commonly spread by contact with discharge from the penis or vaginal fluid.

over a year ago

"www.nhs.uk/conditions/Gonorrhoea/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae or gonococcus. It used to be known as 'the clap'.

The bacteria are mainly found in discharge from the penis and in vaginal fluid.

Gonorrhoea is easily passed between people through:

unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex

sharing vibrators or other sex toys that haven't been washed or covered with a new condom each time they're used

The bacteria can infect the cervix (entrance to the womb), the urethra (tube through which urine passes out of the body), the rectum, and less commonly the throat or eyes.

The infection can also be passed from a pregnant woman to her baby. If you're pregnant and may have gonorrhoea, it's important to get tested and treated before your baby is born. Without treatment, gonorrhoea can cause permanent blindness in a newborn baby.

Gonorrhoea isn't spread by kissing, hugging, sharing baths or towels, swimming pools, toilet seats, or sharing cups, plates and cutlery, because the bacteria can't survive outside the human body for long.

Signs and symptoms

Typical symptoms of gonorrhoea include a thick green or yellow discharge from the vagina or penis, pain when urinating and (in women) bleeding between periods.

However, around 1 in 10 infected men and almost half of infected women don't experience any symptoms."

Which is part of the reason I am anti swinging during pregnancy. It just isn't worth the risk in my opinion but up to others how they live their lives.

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

tell me more of how the bacteria knows it on a dildo and not a towel again?

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"tell me more of how the bacteria knows it on a dildo and not a towel again? "

It doesn't the advice is really that items such as towels have a chance to dry out between use and there is less chance of spreading such STIs that way than with something that is inserted in one person then possibly inserted in another whilst still having fluid on it.

The bacteria does not survive long when allowed to dry up

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

"tell me more of how the bacteria knows it on a dildo and not a towel again?

It doesn't the advice is really that items such as towels have a chance to dry out between use and there is less chance of spreading such STIs that way than with something that is inserted in one person then possibly inserted in another whilst still having fluid on it.

The bacteria does not survive long when allowed to dry up"

its there in black and white. fanny batter will dry quicker on a dildo than a towel.

whats the difference between a toilet seat and a dildo.

bad science

over a year ago

its there in black and white. fanny batter will dry quicker on a dildo than a towel.

bad science"

I'm guessing as the toilet seat & towel doesn't get inserted into the body then that's why not.

Maybe the friction from dildos are more likely to put the virus into the bloodstream?

But yeah it does kind of not make sense when you first think about it.

over a year ago

You don't stick a towel up your fanny for starters.

Who shares sex toy's?

If it's green run.

Being serious tho in general most swingers we have come across (excuse the pun) tend to be more fussy in terms of choosing sexual partners than say your average guy or girl out on the piss on a weekend end bladdered and wake up with Mr or miss sorry what's your name again?

We should all be careful and we are being proactive in sexual health.

But I guess it only takes one liar.

Regular personal checks are all we can do to makesure we are clean.

over a year ago

Condoms for oral....

if I was on a meet and the play friend wanted me to wear a condom for oral I would happily say yes . It shows me that they look after themselves and me too

over a year ago

In the interests of safe sex, has anyone tried giving/receiving oral with a condom or fem thingy? I can't imagine that working very well? And I assume to finger a woman, would be using a condom too??

over a year ago

"In the interests of safe sex, has anyone tried giving/receiving oral with a condom or fem thingy? I can't imagine that working very well? And I assume to finger a woman, would be using a condom too??"

For the first 6 months on here I only gave oral with a condom on. The guys still came. The world didn't end.

I have since reevaluated, but it isn't that hard to find people who perform and receive oral with a condom

-Courtney

over a year ago

I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience for either party

over a year ago

bad science"

Fanny batter?

I must be getting old

over a year ago

"In the interests of safe sex, has anyone tried giving/receiving oral with a condom or fem thingy? I can't imagine that working very well? And I assume to finger a woman, would be using a condom too??"

Rubber gloves for fingering i reckon, but no i've not used them (did use them to go up someones bum once).

I have tried condoms for oral and the teat just chokes me, it's not like the nice gag you get from choking on a cock it feels like you might suck it in and it get stuck in your throat and the you choke to death.

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

bad science

Fanny batter?

I must be getting old "

I believe thats the scientific term?

comes from the latin fanious baterious.

probably.

over a year ago

bad science

Fanny batter?

I must be getting old

I believe thats the scientific term?

comes from the latin fanious baterious.

probably. "

It's like smeg Swedish for fridge.

over a year ago

Sex terrorists!

over a year ago

"You don't stick a towel up your fanny for starters.

Who shares sex toy's?

If it's green run.

Being serious tho in general most swingers we have come across (excuse the pun) tend to be more fussy in terms of choosing sexual partners than say your average guy or girl out on the piss on a weekend end bladdered and wake up with Mr or miss sorry what's your name again?

We should all be careful and we are being proactive in sexual health.

But I guess it only takes one liar.

Regular personal checks are all we can do to makesure we are clean. "

over a year ago

I gave oral with a condom to a guy once and my lips really swelled up like balloons. It was so embarrassing. They were latex free too!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

bi guys been blamed yet ?

over a year ago

"In the interests of safe sex, has anyone tried giving/receiving oral with a condom or fem thingy? I can't imagine that working very well? And I assume to finger a woman, would be using a condom too??

For the first 6 months on here I only gave oral with a condom on. The guys still came. The world didn't end.

I have since reevaluated, but it isn't that hard to find people who perform and receive oral with a condom

-Courtney"

So how does a guy give safe oral to a woman?

over a year ago

Plastic bags are 5p now too.

over a year ago

2 VD scabs were crossing the road.

A double decker bus was fast approaching one of the scabs screamed

get out of the way or your a gonnarear

over a year ago

"Plastic bags are 5p now too."

I suppose you can pick up a few from the loose fruit and veg section at the supermarket.

over a year ago

"Plastic bags are 5p now too."

Where do bags for life come into it?

over a year ago

"In the interests of safe sex, has anyone tried giving/receiving oral with a condom or fem thingy? I can't imagine that working very well? And I assume to finger a woman, would be using a condom too??

-Courtney

"

I wouldn't know, I don't like receiving oral. I just like giving it.

And full disclosure, I have reevaluated....so I don't really give safe oral anymore, either. But I would if the guy asked.

-Courtney

over a year ago

-Courtney

And full disclosure, I have reevaluated....so I don't really give safe oral anymore, either. But I would if the guy asked.

-Courtney"

To be honest as much as I like giving oral I wouldn't feel comfortable licking pussy from here. They can have the hand, toys, and cock instead if I did decide to meet someone

By *leasures4Couple
over a year ago

East midlands

-Courtney

"

With a dental dam. That's what the sexual health clinic nurse told me to use when she knew I was bisexual. Either one of those or cling film!

I can just imagine pulling a roll of cling film out of my bag, on a meet.

Mrs

over a year ago

-Courtney

With a dental dam. That's what the sexual health clinic nurse told me to use when she knew I was bisexual. Either one of those or cling film!

I can just imagine pulling a roll of cling film out of my bag, on a meet.

Mrs "

Just take a dog and a jar of peanut butter!

That's safe!

over a year ago

"Plastic bags are 5p now too.

Where do bags for life come into it?"

The hessian ones might be a bit rough on the tongue/vajasaurus rex.

over a year ago

I blame Jeremy Corbyn and refugees.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

-Courtney

-Courtney

To be honest as much as I like giving oral I wouldn't feel comfortable licking pussy from here. They can have the hand, toys, and cock instead if I did decide to meet someone "

Haha, how to win friends and influence poeple.....TINA, form here please....

over a year ago

So who else in Leeds is moving up their next clinic appointment? I have a feeling the spots will be filling up

-Courtney

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

[Removed by poster at 18/09/15 18:00:45]

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"So who else in Leeds is moving up their next clinic appointment? I have a feeling the spots will be filling up

-Courtney"

You've got SPOTS!

over a year ago

"So who else in Leeds is moving up their next clinic appointment? I have a feeling the spots will be filling up

-Courtney

You've got SPOTS! "

Haha. Apparently it did start in Leeds....just saying.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

-Courtney

You've got SPOTS!

Haha. Apparently it did start in Leeds....just saying. "

Filled spots does not sound good.

over a year ago

-Courtney

You've got SPOTS!

Haha. Apparently it did start in Leeds....just saying.

Filled spots does not sound good.

"

If they are filled spots in a sexual health clinic...filled appointments, I mean....then it sounds great to me.

over a year ago

Typical mainstream media scaremongering. In 2014 one man contracted gonnhorrea in his throat. He told all his swinging partners. A large group of swingers who all knew each other turned up at Bristol central health clinic to be tested. Everyone was completely clean, however the situation was leaked by the clinic to the local press who reported an STI outbreak amongst Bristol swingers. And then The Sun carried the same story.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

[Removed by poster at 18/09/15 18:22:05]

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Put this on the bareback thread then.

over a year ago

The hessian ones might be a bit rough on the tongue/vajasaurus rex."

Woven for your pleasure

over a year ago

"Typical mainstream media scaremongering. In 2014 one man contracted gonnhorrea in his throat. He told all his swinging partners. A large group of swingers who all knew each other turned up at Bristol central health clinic to be tested. Everyone was completely clean, however the situation was leaked by the clinic to the local press who reported an STI outbreak amongst Bristol swingers. And then The Sun carried the same story."

What difference does it make if the story is true or not? STI's exist. Not all show symptoms.

If people are so stupid to think they are 100% safe and will never get anything... good for them.

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

"Typical mainstream media scaremongering. In 2014 one man contracted gonnhorrea in his throat. He told all his swinging partners. A large group of swingers who all knew each other turned up at Bristol central health clinic to be tested. Everyone was completely clean, however the situation was leaked by the clinic to the local press who reported an STI outbreak amongst Bristol swingers. And then The Sun carried the same story.

What difference does it make if the story is true or not? STI's exist. Not all show symptoms.

If people are so stupid to think they are 100% safe and will never get anything... good for them. "

you chick, cannot handle the truth.

over a year ago

"Typical mainstream media scaremongering. In 2014 one man contracted gonnhorrea in his throat. He told all his swinging partners. A large group of swingers who all knew each other turned up at Bristol central health clinic to be tested. Everyone was completely clean, however the situation was leaked by the clinic to the local press who reported an STI outbreak amongst Bristol swingers. And then The Sun carried the same story.

If people are so stupid to think they are 100% safe and will never get anything... good for them.

you chick, cannot handle the truth. "

What do you mean?

By *uriousTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

There's a flaw in the NHS advice!

So it's not spread by kissing it says

But is spread by oral, which means it can live in the mouth

So in a club... how long between taking a strangers cock out do we have to wait before a kiss becomes safe?!

Or have I read wrong

over a year ago

Northerners! For pity's sake! Stop fucking!

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

-Courtney

"

He gets his mate to do it just like the aristocracy have always done

]

By *ust4fun26Couple
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I was watching it on the news, I've moved out of Leeds and gone 20 miles down the M62 so now I'm safe from the Leeds gonorrhoea

I think the important thing to know is that it is treatable just with a different drug to what non-super gonorrhoea is treated with.

over a year ago

"Northerners! For pity's sake! Stop fucking!"

That's anyone north of Watford in case you're not sure if you're a northerner

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"Northerners! For pity's sake! Stop fucking!

That's anyone north of Watford in case you're not sure if you're a northerner "

We need razor wire at Watford. ]

over a year ago

That's anyone north of Watford in case you're not sure if you're a northerner "

I would have said Basingstoke..

over a year ago

I would have said Basingstoke.. "

I don't know where that is

over a year ago

I don't know where that is "

You don't get out much do you (Googled Basingstoke)

over a year ago

"Northerners! For pity's sake! Stop fucking!"

Nothing to do with me.

over a year ago

I don't know where that is

You don't get out much do you (Googled Basingstoke)"

Seriously as little as possible! It's dangerous out there! Although i am cycling around the New forest tomorrow... ( that's even more southerer than me!

over a year ago

Where do bags for life come into it?"

They're the ones unlucky guys marry?

over a year ago

They're the ones unlucky guys marry?"

By *icky999Man
over a year ago

warrington

We need razor wire at Watford. ]"

weeks worth of penicillin

there'd be liveaid 3 it this was daan saaaarth

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

-Courtney"

Since the outbreak started in Leeds in MARCH most swingers who have regular appointments at GUM clinics will have had around four or five appointments.

The outbreak is old news

over a year ago

-Courtney

Since the outbreak started in Leeds in MARCH most swingers who have regular appointments at GUM clinics will have had around four or five appointments.

The outbreak is old news"

over a year ago

"This is a current news item on the BBC.

It states that the infection is highly drug resistant and is spread by unprotected vaginal, oral and anal sex.

Twelve cases have been confirmed in Leeds and a further four have been reported in Macclesfield, Oldham and Scunthorpe.

"

Id love to have a swinging activities first

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I watched the report on this on sky news last night. It is treatable they just use a different antibiotic to treat this strain than the antibiotic they use to treat the normal strain.

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"

well best be watching who you sleep with......no wonder why so many people prefer safe sex better that then the alternative..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

if I am to get gonorrhea, I want the super one.

fuck the one the riff raffs get.

over a year ago

"if I am to get gonorrhea, I want the super one.

fuck the one the riff raffs get."

I now have images of some sort of superhero character with a capital G emblazoned across a muscly chest

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"if I am to get gonorrhea, I want the super one.

fuck the one the riff raffs get.

I now have images of some sort of superhero character with a capital G emblazoned across a muscly chest "

over a year ago

-Courtney

The outbreak is old news

"

Fair point. I wasn't looking at the dates...

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

well best be watching who you sleep with......no wonder why so many people prefer safe sex better that then the alternative.. "

That is another benefit of regular check ups at a GUM clinic they can keep you informed of the current situation rather than you having to wait 5 or 6 months to find out one needs to be extra careful.

If you rely on the TV and newspapers you could have been putting yourself in potential danger for months by being ignorant of the facts.

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

well best be watching who you sleep with......no wonder why so many people prefer safe sex better that then the alternative..

That is another benefit of regular check ups at a GUM clinic they can keep you informed of the current situation rather than you having to wait 5 or 6 months to find out one needs to be extra careful.

If you rely on the TV and newspapers you could have been putting yourself in potential danger for months by being ignorant of the facts."

I get regular check ups at my local gum clinic. To be fair they never mentioned to me anything about a drug resistant super strain gonorrhea being out there. First I heard about it was in the media this week.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

in paper today it days if it mutates much more it will be untreatable within five years

By *urreylover OP   Man
over a year ago

Guildford

I would have said Basingstoke.. "

Says someone from porton down, the place where they experimented on people for the "common cold" aka chemical warfare. Are you sure that you aren't part of a secret experiment?

Post new Message to Thread