Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Civil Partnership

Jump to newest

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Thinking about getting divorced and then having a Civil Partnership, seems more modern and not churchie.

Any couples done that? Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Civil Partnerships - a legally recognised same sex union. Certainly more modern than most churches.

By *anetandNickCouple
over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

The Church doesn't really do old or modern.

Just "for ever".

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Thinking about getting divorced and then having a Civil Partnership, seems more modern and not churchie.

Any couples done that? Xx"

To the same person?

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Thinking about getting divorced and then having a Civil Partnership, seems more modern and not churchie.

To the same person?"

Heterosexual couples cannot have a civil partnership; it is something for gays only and a form of sex discrimination they don't campaign to abolish.

It should either have been abolished when gay marriage was legalised or expanded to allow all couples to benefit from the choice of marriage or civil partnership.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

To the same person?

Heterosexual couples cannot have a civil partnership; it is something for gays only and a form of sex discrimination they don't campaign to abolish.

It should either have been abolished when gay marriage was legalised or expanded to allow all couples to benefit from the choice of marriage or civil partnership."

Yes!

It's an outrage, why can't normal couples do it

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

To the same person?"

Yes of course xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Any couples done that? Xx"

Thinking about getting a divorce ! Umm let me think.

over a year ago

To the same person?

It should either have been abolished when gay marriage was legalised or expanded to allow all couples to benefit from the choice of marriage or civil partnership.

Yes!

It's an outrage, why can't normal couples do it "

"Normal"

over a year ago

How many years have gay people been trying to get married for?

I think if enough people put enough pressure on then they will change the law.

I don't personally see why people need a state written contract, that goes by state written rules, then ends up in court anyway because the individuals didn't agree with that contract. Why not make your own legally binding contract outside of all institutions.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"How many years have gay people been trying to get married for?

I don't personally see why people need a state written contract, that goes by state written rules, then ends up in court anyway because the individuals didn't agree with that contract. Why not make your own legally binding contract outside of all institutions."

Because it doesn't mean shit.

My brothers girlfriend tried to take my sister to A&E and they told her to leave as she wasn't a legal relative, my WIFE had to go and stay with her.

In Britain marriage still means something, I just don't like the word marriage, sounds religious and obviously we're not xx

over a year ago

I don't personally see why people need a state written contract, that goes by state written rules, then ends up in court anyway because the individuals didn't agree with that contract. Why not make your own legally binding contract outside of all institutions.

My brothers girlfriend tried to take my sister to A&E and they told her to leave as she wasn't a legal relative, my WIFE had to go and stay with her.

In Britain marriage still means something, I just don't like the word marriage, sounds religious and obviously we're not xx"

They used to call me Mrs ****** when i was in hospital on the maternity ward, every single time i was there. I've never even been married, just an element of crap there as well coz they didn't accept unmarried mums could exist.

Don't see why people have to be legally binded to other people to support them, that's fucked up. Never heard of that before, unless she was a minor?

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

In Britain marriage still means something, I just don't like the word marriage, sounds religious and obviously we're not xx

They used to call me Mrs ****** when i was in hospital on the maternity ward, every single time i was there. I've never even been married, just an element of crap there as well coz they didn't accept unmarried mums could exist.

Don't see why people have to be legally binded to other people to support them, that's fucked up. Never heard of that before, unless she was a minor?"

I, like everyone else on the ward, just got called "Mummy" by the nurses.

I think that's just so they don't have to remember your name though.

Although saying that, Bradley was always referred to as my husband despite the fact that I'm down as "Miss" and we both have different surnames.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

In Britain marriage still means something, I just don't like the word marriage, sounds religious and obviously we're not xx"

Marriage has nothing to do with religion.

Hence you can have civil ceremonies outside of a church that are forbidden to contain any religious content in terms of words or music.

If you want a truly modern option? I know plenty of people who would probably qualify for an 'uncivil partnership'!!

A

over a year ago

Don't see why people have to be legally binded to other people to support them, that's fucked up. Never heard of that before, unless she was a minor?

I, like everyone else on the ward, just got called "Mummy" by the nurses.

I think that's just so they don't have to remember your name though.

Although saying that, Bradley was always referred to as my husband despite the fact that I'm down as "Miss" and we both have different surnames."

I like that, mummy, seems a lot nicer. But yeah they shouldn't have to act like everyone is married when they aren't.

And my son was 10lb 1, so i had a long nightie when i bought it but by the time i was due it was a lot shorter (wasn't showing my bum though) and one of the midwives closed my curtains at visiting time coz she said it was distracting the visiting dads, wtf...i was really upset when she did that. I was there to have my baby not seduce married men (who might not have been married but their wives were Mrs *Whatever*).

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Don't see why people have to be legally binded to other people to support them, that's fucked up. Never heard of that before, unless she was a minor?"

Yes she was a minor xx

over a year ago

I was with my partner 17years, she passed away this year, we have 11 year old daughter, I tried too renew my daughters passport I cant until a court says I'm parental responsibilities for her all because I was not married. I thought we were civil partners but this only counts same sex couples .

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I was with my partner 17years, she passed away this year, we have 11 year old daughter, I tried too renew my daughters passport I cant until a court says I'm parental responsibilities for her all because I was not married. I thought we were civil partners but this only counts same sex couples ."

Sorry for your loss xx

Yeah it is bad, just pays to be married in Britain I guess.

I think if you live together it's called a Common Law Wife or something

over a year ago

"I was with my partner 17years, she passed away this year, we have 11 year old daughter, I tried too renew my daughters passport I cant until a court says I'm parental responsibilities for her all because I was not married. I thought we were civil partners but this only counts same sex couples ."

Are you named on your daughters birth certificate?

over a year ago

Cohabiting partners and yes my name is on the certificate law changed in 2003

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Cohabiting partners and yes my name is on the certificate law changed in 2003 "

But you're still not classed as having parental rights???

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Cohabiting partners and yes my name is on the certificate law changed in 2003 "

The changes in law weren't retrospective. If you were named as legal guardian in your partner's will that would have given you parental responsibility. However, you will have to get a declaration from court by the sounds of it.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Cohabiting partners and yes my name is on the certificate law changed in 2003

But you're still not classed as having parental rights??? "

Just read up on it.

Crazy. x

over a year ago

Yes she was a minor xx"

Then it was in case they needed an adults permission to do anything. But i don't see why the other person couldn't have stayed as well.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Yes she was a minor xx

Then it was in case they needed an adults permission to do anything. But i don't see why the other person couldn't have stayed as well."

Don't know, she hasn't let it go either lol

over a year ago

Yes she was a minor xx

Then it was in case they needed an adults permission to do anything. But i don't see why the other person couldn't have stayed as well.

Don't know, she hasn't let it go either lol"

Lol, oh well.

over a year ago

"I was with my partner 17years, she passed away this year, we have 11 year old daughter, I tried too renew my daughters passport I cant until a court says I'm parental responsibilities for her all because I was not married. I thought we were civil partners but this only counts same sex couples .

Sorry for your loss xx

I think if you live together it's called a Common Law Wife or something "

Common law wife? Sorry, common misconception. Does not exist in law.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

"I was with my partner 17years, she passed away this year, we have 11 year old daughter, I tried too renew my daughters passport I cant until a court says I'm parental responsibilities for her all because I was not married. I thought we were civil partners but this only counts same sex couples .

Sorry for your loss xx

Common law wife? Sorry, common misconception. Does not exist in law."

I don't think so. I mate lived with a girl for 7 years and when the broke up she took him to court and got half, something about buying stuff on a joint credit card and although it was his money some stuff was in her name etc

over a year ago

Sorry for your loss xx

I don't think so. I mate lived with a girl for 7 years and when the broke up she took him to court and got half, something about buying stuff on a joint credit card and although it was his money some stuff was in her name etc"

Common Law wife does not exist in law. The judge will just look at the facts of each case that's all.

By *etzPlay OP   Couple
over a year ago

Southend

Sorry for your loss xx

I don't think so. I mate lived with a girl for 7 years and when the broke up she took him to court and got half, something about buying stuff on a joint credit card and although it was his money some stuff was in her name etc

Common Law wife does not exist in law. The judge will just look at the facts of each case that's all."

Well this was Canvey Island, so they don't really have Law there lol

Post new Message to Thread