Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Won't be doing that again in a rush

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, you know those threads about not getting replies to mails?

We got one off a single male despite the fact that we make no suggestion we want to meet single males. It was all appealing to our better nature and seemed pleasant enough.

So, taking on board the general complaint I wrote a reply back explaining why he didn't fit our bill and that it was nothing personal.

Cue an email exchange explaining how wrong we were, culminating in how we need to be more flexible. When I explained I don't appreciate being told who we should have sex with I was accused of having a bad day.

Yep, there's bad examples of all sorts on here but guys, if you wonder why the ignore/delete/block, it's not for nothing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Well surely if you were more flexible then these single guys would not have to tell you this.

You really should take instruction from random people who you do not know about who you have sex with.

Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well surely if you were more flexible then these single guys would not have to tell you this.

You really should take instruction from random people who you do not know about who you have sex with.

Xx"

Seriously.

I thought fab was about being open-minded.

-Courtney

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Quack quack quack is the sound in my head when people tell me stuff I don't want to hear.

By *emel9Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

What really annoys me about all of this, is that those of us who are genuine and easy going get affected by idiots like you encountered.

Sadly, there seems to be an increase in idiots and fakes on Fab. Had two profiles on here in my time and so have been here many, many, many years....it used to be full of genuine people only..now you have to decipher the real people from the muppets...no offence to kermit, fozzy and the gang.

over a year ago

you meet who you want to xxxx - when people wont take no and still try and try again - puts us off completely xxx

over a year ago

"Well surely if you were more flexible then these single guys would not have to tell you this.

Xx

Seriously.

-Courtney"

As soon as you say you are open-minded people thinks that mean 'will do anything they want you to do'.

People still have desires and things that turn them on and off, but doesn't mean they aren't open-minded.

over a year ago

Xx

Seriously.

-Courtney

As soon as you say you are open-minded people thinks that mean 'will do anything they want you to do'.

People still have desires and things that turn them on and off, but doesn't mean they aren't open-minded."

I was joking. Sarcasm and all that?

-Courtney

over a year ago

Xx

Seriously.

-Courtney

People still have desires and things that turn them on and off, but doesn't mean they aren't open-minded.

I was joking. Sarcasm and all that?

-Courtney"

Yeah sorry I understood that, but I was just making the point that so many people think fab is a free for all.

So if you do say open-minded then an avalance of really random requests fly your way.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh, and he also said our reaction was funny because we had unwittingly been mailing him on his separate 'couples' account.

I don't think he could see the irony of that revelation either.

To the 'other kind' of folks on here. Thanks for not being that kind.

By *emel9Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Oh, and he also said our reaction was funny because we had unwittingly been mailing him on his separate 'couples' account.

To the 'other kind' of folks on here. Thanks for not being that kind. "

lol...did you not message him on his Group account or the one where he was pretending to be a bi 25 year old woman then?

over a year ago

"What really annoys me about all of this, is that those of us who are genuine and easy going get affected by idiots like you encountered.

"

Why does the behaviour of others affect you? I often hear this said but I don't understand why it might be.

By *emel9Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

"What really annoys me about all of this, is that those of us who are genuine and easy going get affected by idiots like you encountered.

Why does the behaviour of others affect you? I often hear this said but I don't understand why it might be."

It happens because when the majority of replies from single guys are like that described, it puts couples, and ladies, off replying or accepting messages from them. There are many instances where couples, or ladies, change their status to say they are no longer accepting messages from single men because of the time wasters and rude people.

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Oh, and he also said our reaction was funny because we had unwittingly been mailing him on his separate 'couples' account.

To the 'other kind' of folks on here. Thanks for not being that kind. "

Presumably the inability to see the profound difference there is all you need to know?

over a year ago

Why does the behaviour of others affect you? I often hear this said but I don't understand why it might be.

It happens because when the majority of replies from single guys are like that described, it puts couples, and ladies, off replying or accepting messages from them. There are many instances where couples, or ladies, change their status to say they are no longer accepting messages from single men because of the time wasters and rude people."

But surely, the majority left will respond more favourably to non-eejits? So your overall chances are increased and not decreased.

By *emel9Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

It happens because when the majority of replies from single guys are like that described, it puts couples, and ladies, off replying or accepting messages from them. There are many instances where couples, or ladies, change their status to say they are no longer accepting messages from single men because of the time wasters and rude people.

But surely, the majority left will respond more favourably to non-eejits? So your overall chances are increased and not decreased."

Hmm you make an interesting point. I guess the only element there though, is the sheer volume of guys here, means that any reduction in genuine people, here to meet and play with other genuine people, makes it more difficult. Supply and demand as they say lol. the lovely couples and single ladies are very much in demand and those who will entertain single men, have a lot of supply choices lol.

over a year ago

But surely, the majority left will respond more favourably to non-eejits? So your overall chances are increased and not decreased.

Hmm you make an interesting point. I guess the only element there though, is the sheer volume of guys here, means that any reduction in genuine people, here to meet and play with other genuine people, makes it more difficult. Supply and demand as they say lol. the lovely couples and single ladies are very much in demand and those who will entertain single men, have a lot of supply choices lol. "

It is not possible to calculate statistically how many people here have filtered out messages from single guys due to having encountered idiotic behaviour but I suspect it is only a minority. The rest are quite capable of deleting and blocking individuals.

By *emel9Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

"

It is not possible to calculate statistically how many people here have filtered out messages from single guys due to having encountered idiotic behaviour but I suspect it is only a minority. The rest are quite capable of deleting and blocking individuals."

Possibly true, maybe not, as you say difficult to quantify the numbers. Still, in my opinion, anything that leaves a bitter taste or gives a poor experience, is a negative and affects the pleasure of the site, even if just a little.

over a year ago

I had a friend request today asking to be friends. Sent a mail saying we havent even spoken and by the looks of it, we live not far away from eachother.

She sent me one back saying so what were all here for the same thing..

So my thinking is that she just wants to see what my face looks like. So i accepted the request.

I log off, had work to do. When i'd logged back on she'd sent me a mail. Pleasent enough nothing nasty or negitve. Tried to reply an she'd blocked me.. How mad is that!. Took a look at my friends list an she's obviously deleted that..Got me thinking she knows me..

Bit strange..Attracts all sorts. Not just us mad men on here..

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/15 18:12:30]

over a year ago

It doesn't bother me if they reply or not, its part of being a man amongst millions LOL.

Post new Message to Thread