Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Deleted messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can I ask folk please.... Is there an unspoken agreement on fab that if a message is read - sometimes answered - then deleted, it means that you are not interested? I always delete after reading.. Even if I answer the person in question. I get the impression however that to delete a message in fab speak means you are not interested! Any thought

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No it doesn't mean anything other than they keep a tidy in box.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I delete most messages I get once I've read and replied to them (well, I might keep some undeleted if they're particularly nice ones lol) so I hope people don't get offended. All about keeping a tidy inbox!

Most of them are just friendly PMs rather than meet requests (well, all of them actually) but I'll be watching this thread closely to see if I'm making any massive Fab faux pas?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Maybe I read too much in to it, but if messages are deleted very quickly, I sometimes wonder if one partner is hiding it from the other.

over a year ago

Seems we not alone in this one but saying anything can get you into trouble we found lol

over a year ago

I wouldn't worry about it lol.

over a year ago

"Maybe I read too much in to it, but if messages are deleted very quickly, I sometimes wonder if one partner is hiding it from the other. "

I think the same sometimes. Depends on the profile and how 'they' mail me. But often seems like the guy hiding things from his partner.

By *weeteamCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

My other half reads the messages and she deletes or chats as the mood takes her.

over a year ago

If i'm talking to a few people at once i'll be deleting stuff pretty quickly.

I'd take it as replied to then deleted messages means nothing much. Deleted and not replied to means no thanks.

By *enrydarrenMan
over a year ago

Harrow Weald

I delete to keep my inbox tidy but always keep 1 from that person. on the other hand I do find it odd when someone seems interested in meeting you and sends you loads of msgs then they delete them all

over a year ago

I always assume a message deleted without reply means "thanks, but no thanks".

over a year ago

I delete straight after replying but check the sent message till its been read. If I don't reply, its a No ta. x x

over a year ago

"I always assume a message deleted without reply means "thanks, but no thanks"."

Me too

I can't see what else it can mean

Reading and not replying could mean they may come back later and reply (unlikely but it could) but if they delete they can't come back to it can they

over a year ago

Can't beat a tidy inbox x

over a year ago

I delete after sending reply I like to keep inbox clear as sometimes there's too many messages coming in ,if I don't clear I sometimes miss unread ones ar the bottom

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"No it doesn't mean anything other than they keep a tidy in box."

This!

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Deleted No reply should be taken as a no thanks, deleted after a reply shouldn't be taken as anything really, you have replied. Do you really want an inbox full of outdated messages?

If anyone has said something to you about having messages deleted, it says more about them rather than anything about your administrative process for your inbox

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Is it just me or does the inner child come out in everyone when talking about an inbox on a swinger site?

over a year ago

Delete old messages, bit keep newest,, that way I dont loose any.

Saves all old messages under the top one

Ones I particularly like I put in saved box, something to go back and read if it's from one of my favorite contacts

By *oth_cook69Couple
over a year ago

WOKING

We always keep the last message as it has the full conversation on. Good for looking back! We also keep the ones with face pics.

All others are deleted.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have now got round to deleting messages to keep inbox tidy

I like to have the last 1 in the chain if I want to read I can always go back

It just means that I can see if

And when I get a new 1

over a year ago

we pay the fiver so keep the thread of messages - only need to keep the last one - - we tend to keep the last read one so when we reply the thread continues -

over a year ago

Site-supporters only need 1 message to see the entire thread, so don't think too much into them deleting. Others, especially if they delete immediately or delete messages with more important info in them, such as mobile no, pics, etc, I tend to think they aren't serious about meeting. I understand keeping inbox tidy, but its not something that would even cross my mind mid-conversation.

over a year ago

I delete the one message a month I get after replying

over a year ago

"Can I ask folk please.... Is there an unspoken agreement on fab that if a message is read - sometimes answered - then deleted, it means that you are not interested? I always delete after reading.. Even if I answer the person in question. I get the impression however that to delete a message in fab speak means you are not interested! Any thought"

If I delete a message that means I'm not interested due to the person not fitting my profile requirements. I think ignoring a person's wishes is far ruder then me deleting messages. Timewasters are so annoying.

over a year ago

I think it can come across as disinterested and even rude if you're talking to someone and then just stop dead mid thread with a delete, especially if you've asked someone something and they've taken the time to answer. It's like you can't be bothered or don't have the balls to say "...thanks, but no thanks."

So it does depends on the context, because as you say, it can just be as simple as doing inbox admin.

over a year ago

I delete all messages after we have read them, I reply to any mail, if I did not delete messages our inbox would be full. I like to keep things up to date and tidy so loads of old messages just have to go, if anyone gets upset by this sorry but it is how I run our profile

D

x

Post new Message to Thread