Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Are we "normal" people

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It sounds funny but have always wonder if sleeping with randoms is normal or as other people call it "liberating".

If we are then why is it that we don't openly tell our other "normal" friends , family , workmates and neighbours about our liberated sexual side?

I , for some reason , think it's a bit unusual so that's why I am not comfortable to just say it to anybody.

I understand you can say what I do at night is my business but still , the point still remains , that "private" is still not " normal " or is it ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Seeing as a lot of people seem to do it I'd say it was normal.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's not normal behaviour as most people in our society would perceive it.

Except for me. I'm normal.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

There are a lot of people on fab that are far from being normal but I don't think its to do with them being swingers.

I meant more the guys pretending to be women with there profile or guys setting up a couples profile when its just them etc

over a year ago

Totally agree with you , people out side the swinging life style can't get there head around it and can be nasty about what we do

over a year ago

I'd say that society in the main cant accept those who follow a swinging lifestyle - prude comes to mind - but that's fine as we are all different and have different needs in life - moreover our sexual drive is not one that is shared by all, so what we do liberates that desires and services any frustrations

over a year ago

"It sounds funny but have always wonder if sleeping with randoms is normal or as other people call it "liberating".

If we are then why is it that we don't openly tell our other "normal" friends , family , workmates and neighbours about our liberated sexual side?

I , for some reason , think it's a bit unusual so that's why I am not comfortable to just say it to anybody.

I understand you can say what I do at night is my business but still , the point still remains , that "private" is still not " normal " or is it ?"

If your on here or a normal dating site I see it as the same thing both can eventually lead to sexual experiences its only because this is called a swing site it becomes questionable so yes its normal

over a year ago

I tend to agree with this site being the same with other dating sites , the only difference is that they try to mask it as dating when in fact you wanna have a long term sexual relationship in the end.

Here it's people who are more forthright abut what they are looking for , sex first then knowing you latter , after all id the sex is good , chances of a long term relationship are greater I would think.

over a year ago

Yep, were all normal, its all them that are different.

Example, I hate it when someone says, "did you have a "NORMAL"delivery." Yes, I had a section. I've had 4 so normal delivery for me is section. They always mean vbac thou!!!!!

Just depends what your normal.

over a year ago

No such thing as normal.

Some people think it's normal to broadcast to anyone that will listen/ read on the forum, every tiny detail of their sex lives.

Some don't.

over a year ago

It all depends on what floats your boat, and some people like to share their adventures with others some people like to be discreet

over a year ago

Who even want's to be "normal" ? Not me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It sounds funny but have always wonder if sleeping with randoms is normal or as other people call it "liberating".

I understand you can say what I do at night is my business but still , the point still remains , that "private" is still not " normal " or is it ?"

I don't tell my normal friends, family, colleagues, neighbours or the bloke I sit next to on the bus about any aspect of my sex life. To me normal is what's usual for me, so yea I'm normal.

over a year ago

Yawn.... Who wants to be normal

I, for one.... Have never claimed to be anything other than mental, hard work, round the pipe.... And that's how I'm staying

Fatbird

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

I don't want to be though of as'normal' that's the same as being ordinary. I want to be extraordinary, hopefully in a good way to at least some people.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Is it normal to tell all your friends and family about your sex life?

I don't discuss any in and outs of my sex life

over a year ago

I think its because some people fear what they do not understand. And also are close-minded to attempting to understand others.

Because its not known to be the societal 'norm'.

Maybe the divorce rate wouldn't be running at 50% if it was though!

By *ery curious maleMan
over a year ago

Bishop Auckland

Only one of my friends knows about me swinging and that's because she is a swinger to and opened my eyes to the lifestyle

I don't discuss any aspects of my sex life with friends and family so I certainly see no reason to enlighten them about this part of it.

Swinging is normal for me if not society as a whole

over a year ago

"I think its because some people fear what they do not understand. And also are close-minded to attempting to understand others.

Maybe the divorce rate wouldn't be running at 50% if it was though! "

I bet the divorce rate among swinger couples is close to zero. Most of the issues with people when they divorce is send and swinging covers that gap I guess

over a year ago

No one discusses their sex lives publicly but when they do , you rarely hear people say " oh I don't mind you fucking my wife" , this is because it's considered weird which I guess people on here don't wanna be labeled , I am not a weirdo that's for sure but I swing

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think its because some people fear what they do not understand. And also are close-minded to attempting to understand others.

I bet the divorce rate among swinger couples is close to zero. Most of the issues with people when they divorce is send and swinging covers that gap I guess"

I think you're wrong. The biggest cause of divorce is an inability to be honest with each other and oneself and swingers are just as guilty of that as everyone else.

over a year ago

We are honest with each other and have nothing to hide. we will always be together. No decete.

over a year ago

It's not perceived as normal by society. That isn't what puts me off telling people I'm on here. i Don't tell them because I'm not in the habit of telling everyone about my sex life regardless of whether I swing or not. And not all on here are looking for relationships. I See swinging as something completely different to dating which is why I'm not on any dating sites and why I choose any regular meets from here very carefully.

over a year ago

We keep quiet due to work young family etc. I admire those who are open about what they do.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I've no idea.

TBH I've decided to give up trying to figure out what "normal" even means, since it seems to play no part in my life whatsoever.

over a year ago

I'm normal, I work hard and have a life outside fab. Just like anybody I have a high sex drive so it needs attention, it's normal. Look at the Greeks in history that was classed as normal. Alexander the Great swang both ways and look what he achieved

over a year ago

I bet the divorce rate among swinger couples is close to zero. Most of the issues with people when they divorce is send and swinging covers that gap I guess

I think you're wrong. The biggest cause of divorce is an inability to be honest with each other and oneself and swingers are just as guilty of that as everyone else. "

this reply says it just that little bit but honestly its social thing whats socially acceptable to us swingers other like minded people will never be accepted by everyone else such is life but no reason to hide it

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Most are in the closet, only the brave venture out, just be free I say, no one is normal it's all lies

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

I have family members who use the word "normal" and "decent" constantly, which in their case presumably means talking about people behind their backs, telling you other people have said stuff about you when it's really them, and then taking umbrage when you front them with the truth.... If that's normal, you can bloody keep it

over a year ago

Normal? I dunno I'm just me.

over a year ago

"Totally agree with you , people out side the swinging life style can't get there head around it and can be nasty about what we do "

People WITHIN the lifestyle can very nasty about it too!

over a year ago

I feel normal as I am used to me and the way I do things. If by normal you mean conventional, then absolutely not.

By *rikki1967ukMan
over a year ago

peterborough

"Is it normal to tell all your friends and family about your sex life?

I don't discuss any in and outs of my sex life"

Love to discuss the ins and outs sometime with you.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

We have told our close friends that we swing. They have all been curious and wanted to know more. They haven't shunned us, or run a mile. If more "vanilla" people knew that they knew a swinger, perhaps there wouldn't be so much stigma around swinging. That's why we decided to share anyway.

over a year ago

Normal is a perception or a setting on a tumble dryer that's about it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Totally agree with you , people out side the swinging life style can't get there head around it and can be nasty about what we do

People WITHIN the lifestyle can very nasty about it too! "

they can indeed, if you don't fit with their idea of what you should look like or do.

over a year ago

We are normal ....

over a year ago

As we have taken this journey together from the start , we too have questioned what normal is .

One thing is certain , we both had very normal lives before we got together .

Another certainty is we don't want to go back to that again .

We have pushed all our boundaries together and will continue to do so . It seems normal for us to do so , and would be far from normal for us to live a vanilla life .

over a year ago

"As we have taken this journey together from the start , we too have questioned what normal is .

One thing is certain , we both had very normal lives before we got together .

Another certainty is we don't want to go back to that again .

We have pushed all our boundaries together and will continue to do so . It seems normal for us to do so , and would be far from normal for us to live a vanilla life ."

Well said ...

over a year ago

Normal is just another word for average.

It doesn't really mean anything in terms of morals, attitudes, or anything else like that.

Post new Message to Thread