Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Being deceived by people.

Jump to newest

By *tallionExotica OP   Man
over a year ago

Islington

Ever been in a situation where you decide to set up a social meet with someone after looking at their pics, and they don't turn out to be anything like what you saw in their pictures but rather the contrary?

Had two such meets aaaannd well....we didn't end up doing anything in the end.

Still made them feel hospitable and ended up making good conversation though. (Disappointed social meets doesn't equate to being an asshole towards them IMO which many don't understand).

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Luckily my meets so far have been spot on to what their profile and photo's said.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We have met with a man who was many years older than his photo implied so much so that his hair was no longer the glossy black of the pictures but completely grey.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/09/15 10:50:13]

over a year ago

a few times

I've been lucky that most that I've met have looked as I expected

a few have been a fair few years older and a few stone heavier than their pic

I've had a couple who obviously wasn't the same person as in their pic, one wasn't even the same colour

over a year ago

Islington

"We have met with a man who was many years older than his photo implied so much so that his hair was no longer the glossy black of the pictures but completely grey.

"

Did you end up getting things going in bed with him regardless? I'm assuming, not.

over a year ago

Islington

"

I've had a couple who obviously wasn't the same person as in their pic, one wasn't even the same colour

"

over a year ago

Funnily enough, not on here but on POF I have

By *km45Man
over a year ago

UTTOXETER

"Funnily enough, not on here but on POF I have "

Same here a date from POF, her pic must have been from 10 years ago. Great evening of non stop chat but didn't go any further

over a year ago

I've only ever been pleasantly surprised by people I've met.

I think those who are let down by the others don't take proper precautions when organising a meet.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've never had it but it does make me wonder why people do do it.

Do they think you won't notice they are heavier and older or a completly different person

over a year ago

I've had it happen once when the man was a lot heavier and older than his photos depicted. I can't remember if he had lied about his age but he looked late 30s in his pics and 60 in real life. We did go ahead with what we had planned as he was a nice man. I've had a couple of men lose their six packs and muscle definition in their pics. I don't mind that as it's not the muscles I'm here for. If the face was totally different it would be a different story.

over a year ago

"I've had it happen once when the man was a lot heavier and older than his photos depicted. I can't remember if he had lied about his age but he looked late 30s in his pics and 60 in real life. We did go ahead with what we had planned as he was a nice man. I've had a couple of men lose their six packs and muscle definition in their pics. I don't mind that as it's not the muscles I'm here for. If the face was totally different it would be a different story. "

I would never go ahead with a meet if they had lied in order to get it

as far as I'm concerned if they have sent false pics they have lied and deceived you

I wouldn't even stay for a drink I think if they can't even be honest about basic things like what they look like or how old they are how trustworthy are they

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I've had it happen once when the man was a lot heavier and older than his photos depicted. I can't remember if he had lied about his age but he looked late 30s in his pics and 60 in real life. We did go ahead with what we had planned as he was a nice man. I've had a couple of men lose their six packs and muscle definition in their pics. I don't mind that as it's not the muscles I'm here for. If the face was totally different it would be a different story.

I would never go ahead with a meet if they had lied in order to get it

as far as I'm concerned if they have sent false pics they have lied and deceived you

I wouldn't even stay for a drink I think if they can't even be honest about basic things like what they look like or how old they are how trustworthy are they "

I'd agree, doesn't matter what they looked like if they don't match their pictures I wouldn't be staying, but some must carry on with the meet otherwise they would stop doing it

over a year ago

This is why socials first is best or you see recent pics of them on profile .alot of people have been on years and pics are 2011 alot of people can change in 4 years .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"We have met with a man who was many years older than his photo implied so much so that his hair was no longer the glossy black of the pictures but completely grey.

Did you end up getting things going in bed with him regardless? I'm assuming, not. "

No. I like to meet people who accept their current self not who they were 15 to 20 years ago. If they don't feel they're good enough as they are why on earth would they expect me to. I understand that people feel they might stand more of a chance if they look younger or slimmer but don't take me for a fool.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've only ever been pleasantly surprised by people I've met.

I think those who are let down by the others don't take proper precautions when organising a meet. "

Yes, lots of people think that. I agree there are certain precautions you can take but there comes a point when you need to accept that a photo you have been sent is genuine or decide not to meet at all. We've only been caught out a couple of times but feel it was unavoidable.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"a few times

I've been lucky that most that I've met have looked as I expected

a few have been a fair few years older and a few stone heavier than their pic

"

Oh dear! That made me laugh, did you ask why?

A black colleague and I accidentally picked up each other's photo id once.....nobody noticed until we removed them at the end of the day and noticed ourselves . Maybe they were hoping the same thing would happen to you.

over a year ago

Ive been lucky , i tend to chat in the chat rooms and get to know people that way , a face on cam alwAys pays dividends ,.... And that goes both ways too i guess

over a year ago

Just wondering OP, did they verify you and if so did you verify back?

over a year ago

The word 'curvy' comes to mind.

over a year ago

Islington

"Just wondering OP, did they verify you and if so did you verify back? "

Lets just say we never came back for anything else afterwards. Left each other to their own ways. They never verified, but then I never asked them to verify me either.

They might be to someone else's taste, but for me it wasn't in the end.

over a year ago

"Ever been in a situation where you decide to set up a social meet with someone after looking at their pics, and they don't turn out to be anything like what you saw in their pictures but rather the contrary?

Still made them feel hospitable and ended up making good conversation though. (Disappointed social meets doesn't equate to being an asshole towards them IMO which many don't understand)."

a lot of women use slightly younger pics or pics taken to hide the parts they don't like we do it to its more about the meet and wether you like them or not

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ever been in a situation where you decide to set up a social meet with someone after looking at their pics, and they don't turn out to be anything like what you saw in their pictures but rather the contrary?

Still made them feel hospitable and ended up making good conversation though. (Disappointed social meets doesn't equate to being an asshole towards them IMO which many don't understand). a lot of women use slightly younger pics or pics taken to hide the parts they don't like we do it to its more about the meet and wether you like them or not "

a lot don't too. The most recent picture of me on our profile is less than 24 hours old. I could be accused of hiding bits because I'm wearing a corset I suppose.

over a year ago

Still made them feel hospitable and ended up making good conversation though. (Disappointed social meets doesn't equate to being an asshole towards them IMO which many don't understand). a lot of women use slightly younger pics or pics taken to hide the parts they don't like we do it to its more about the meet and wether you like them or not "

True. I don't really show my stomach much in pics as it's not something I like, but it's quite clear I'm not slim anyway

over a year ago

"I've had it happen once when the man was a lot heavier and older than his photos depicted. I can't remember if he had lied about his age but he looked late 30s in his pics and 60 in real life. We did go ahead with what we had planned as he was a nice man. I've had a couple of men lose their six packs and muscle definition in their pics. I don't mind that as it's not the muscles I'm here for. If the face was totally different it would be a different story. "

Just remember nearly all of us guys "look at my body" pics are taken while pumped up after the gym :p

Unless he does a blast before he turns up at yours he won't be as big as the pics

over a year ago

Using pics years younger unless their dated or clearly been on the profile for years is a bit of a dick move

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

I've only ever had one experience like that and it was at a meet not a social.

The woman in the couple was at least 5 stone heavier and larger than the one in the profile photo,(I mean enormous...) was also a bit of a potty-mouth, and not in a nice way...

After 15 minutes light and not so nice conversation I just said that there wasn't any chemistry there at all.

Mr. was fine about it, but Mrs. looked dumbfounded...

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

Photos are strange things as they only catch a split second in time and are affected by light and shadow. Everybody has taken good and bad photos of themselves, both are accurate but only one type gets saved and used. I've got photos from two years ago until this week, there's no change that could be picked up in film, though of course i have aged. I hope that someone would want to meet me because of my personality, that's why I like to chat for a while, but of course there has to be some physical attraction.

over a year ago

We always have a 5 mins Skype chat before meeting for a social so no not had this happen.

Post new Message to Thread