Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

No shows

Jump to newest

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

Looks like I got stood up today. Had a meet set up, got a room at a nice hotel, and now she hasn't shown up an won't answer calls or messages. I understand that sometimes people get cold feet or decide they don't want to meet but why can't they just be honest and say so. I mean we are all adults and I for one would understand if you changed your mind but you could at least let me know. It has happened twice now. Is this a common occurance that is just now starting to catch up to me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How long did you chat beforehand?

Did you talk over phone and cam etc...? I wont meet anyone unless i have been talking to them for at least a week either.

By *rish_And_BlondieCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool and Ireland

Some people have no backbone at all. How disrespectful. Especially when it will financially affect you. If something suddenly arose and you couldn't meet someone and you knew they had gone to a lot of effort and spent time and money, I know for a fact decent human beings would have the courtesy to call for gods sake.

If it were me I would be offering to split the cost.

I expect it happens a lot for single men here, so disrespectful.

over a year ago

The fact you would offer to split the costs are great. Most women however know they can happily find a man willing to pay it all, which is fair enough.

Hasnt happened to me yet, but am well aware it quite easily could. For what its worth you sound like a great meet yourself.

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

We chatted on Fab a couple of time and then exchanged numbers so talked on the phone for about a week before setting up the meet. Everything was great when we went to bed last night and today there is nothing.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

report the profile

over a year ago

Yep report it. I report people who also go sileny when confirming details of a meet as well.

The less timewasters are on the site the better for everyone

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

She deleted her Fab profile right after we exchanged phone numbers claiming that a couple she had met on here was harassing her.

over a year ago

Make a silver lining out of it. Put up a meet today and use the room anyway. You might get lucky.

Glass half full n all that.....

over a year ago

Did you get a chance to speak to her over the phone?

over a year ago

I always think this is awful!!

Especially when you have paid for a hotel!

We always go 50/50 for a hotel unless we are staying over night after the meet, in which case we pay x

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

"The fact you would offer to split the costs are great. Most women however know they can happily find a man willing to pay it all, which is fair enough.

Hasnt happened to me yet, but am well aware it quite easily could. For what its worth you sound like a great meet yourself."

Thanks. I like to think that I am respectful to a woman (of course until she wants to be dominated in the bedroom). I am a gentlemen in the street and a Dom in the sheets

over a year ago

Again you sound like a decent couple.

I have always found couples more willing to split the costs as opposed to.singles.

By *ambanCouple
over a year ago

kingswinford

We have been stood up countless times,even when we have spoken to the guy earlier that day to confirm the meet?

We have no problem if anyone changes their mind and we actually make a point of saying exactly that to the guy beforehand,but we have spent alot of time waiting still.

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

"Make a silver lining out of it. Put up a meet today and use the room anyway. You might get lucky.

Glass half full n all that....."

over a year ago

What a shame, and yep, report.

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

"Did you get a chance to speak to her over the phone?"

Yes for about a week

over a year ago

Oh well that is definitely.unfortunate.

Anyone could be burned by someone like that then.

Consider this, the fact she didnt turn up means it wouldnt have been fun anyway.

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

Only my second single female meet and the first time have on stand me up. Was canceled on last minute by a couple once but they had the decency to call and tell me why they had to cancel

over a year ago

You did everything you could have...put down to a bad experience

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

Yep just hoping I can set up a last minute meet to salvage the evening.

By *P2903Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

One of my first meets alone was due to be in a hotel.

He was happy to pay the costs and we had been talking for a while.

Unfortunately on the day of the meet I got really sick so couldnt go through with it. I wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted I paid half the fee.

Luckily the next meet went so much better

Sorry that's happened to you OP hope your next meets more considerate.

By *eovilcouple76Couple
over a year ago

yeovil

We paid for a hotel last Friday and had loads of offers for a small bukake and not one showed, even had messages saying they were on way,, took us 3 days to arrange it, paid a babysitter, went to a lot of effort, and just sat there waiting for the guys to turn up,, we know it happens but why do they say they will come if they have no intention of turning up ?

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

"One of my first meets alone was due to be in a hotel.

He was happy to pay the costs and we had been talking for a while.

Unfortunately on the day of the meet I got really sick so couldnt go through with it. I wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted I paid half the fee.

Luckily the next meet went so much better

Sorry that's happened to you OP hope your next meets more considerate."

Thanks

over a year ago

"Looks like I got stood up today. Had a meet set up, got a room at a nice hotel, and now she hasn't shown up an won't answer calls or messages. I understand that sometimes people get cold feet or decide they don't want to meet but why can't they just be honest and say so. I mean we are all adults and I for one would understand if you changed your mind but you could at least let me know. It has happened twice now. Is this a common occurance that is just now starting to catch up to me?"
yes in my experience pretty common I went to Glasgow to meet a woman I had known for over two years she didn't show and I was to be staying at hers so I had to book hotel great breakfast though

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

"We paid for a hotel last Friday and had loads of offers for a small bukake and not one showed, even had messages saying they were on way,, took us 3 days to arrange it, paid a babysitter, went to a lot of effort, and just sat there waiting for the guys to turn up,, we know it happens but why do they say they will come if they have no intention of turning up ?"

Exactly why take the time to lie when if you just tell the truth everyone would be happier

over a year ago

"We paid for a hotel last Friday and had loads of offers for a small bukake and not one showed, even had messages saying they were on way,, took us 3 days to arrange it, paid a babysitter, went to a lot of effort, and just sat there waiting for the guys to turn up,, we know it happens but why do they say they will come if they have no intention of turning up ?

Exactly why take the time to lie when if you just tell the truth everyone would be happier"

its just better offers come up sex is disposable so no commitment to honour it

By *SEguy OP   Man
over a year ago

Many

Also I know most of you ladies are pretty far away from me but I would never stand any of you pretty ladies up. ??

over a year ago

"report the profile"

over a year ago

"We paid for a hotel last Friday and had loads of offers for a small bukake and not one showed, even had messages saying they were on way,, took us 3 days to arrange it, paid a babysitter, went to a lot of effort, and just sat there waiting for the guys to turn up,, we know it happens but why do they say they will come if they have no intention of turning up ?"

Aww no what a nightmare!!!

We had a let down but luckily he told us late the night before so we found a replacement!

We once arranged 4 guys but only 1 turned up!!

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I've been to a few gang bangs arranged by couples. Twice they invited 10 guys and twice it's happened only 3 or 4 turned up. If you are having a gang bang invite more than you need because you will get time wasters and dreamers who end up being no shows.

over a year ago

Gutted for the op, hope you got sorted and the room didn't go to waste

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"Looks like I got stood up today. Had a meet set up, got a room at a nice hotel, and now she hasn't shown up an won't answer calls or messages. I understand that sometimes people get cold feet or decide they don't want to meet but why can't they just be honest and say so. I mean we are all adults and I for one would understand if you changed your mind but you could at least let me know. It has happened twice now. Is this a common occurance that is just now starting to catch up to me?"
. A thorough screening process and being realistic should eliminate the probability of a no show .

After it happens you become more realistic and it does not happy again .

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

"Yep report it. I report people who also go sileny when confirming details of a meet as well.

"

Why would you report someone for going off you? If people are going silent when you are trying to arrange a meet then maybe you should look at what you're saying to put them off rather than report them for no longer being interested in you!

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Hertford

"Yep report it. I report people who also go sileny when confirming details of a meet as well.

"

. Why would anyone want to report people not showing up or going silent . ? Is this not a waste of admins time as how will they know whose version of events is correct. ?

By *axodiscoCouple
over a year ago

poole

Been let down three times this week! Not impressed! I just wish people would be honest and upfront.you work up to a great evening and then boom its not happening!!!! Very grumpy now not good!!!

By *alphy187Man
over a year ago

cambridge

Never understand as a single guy, why guys let others down, it's hard enough for us genuine decent guys to get meets without these idiots that mess people around

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have been let down twice. One couple said they were ill early in week so I said fine we will speak on Thursday. Nothing on kik or a message on here either though I messaged them a simple sorry we have decided not to meet. The other couple said the would send me a message or txt me on a ad hoc meet on sat afternoon then nothing even to say thanks but no thanks

I agree it has upset me a bit but they are pleanty of fish in sea.....

over a year ago

"Been let down three times this week! Not impressed! I just wish people would be honest and upfront.you work up to a great evening and then boom its not happening!!!! Very grumpy now not good!!!"

Wait for the forum experts to tell you it's your selection process , it's your fault , you're doing something wrong ......

That will make you feel so much better - NOT

The fact is that no shows who give every impression they will show up for a meet are the bane of the site .

Until they are kicked off the site it will continue ,and we are sorry you suffered this . But don't hold your breath waiting for any action to be taken against the no shows .

over a year ago

Oh believe me this is the norm on FAB. They feign interest, tease, even promise a meet then at the last minute they make some lame excuse or other and why? well they dont exist, they are really a man ,they are just a teaser or they just plan have no guts to go through with it..id say the first two are most prevalent.

Post new Message to Thread