Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Religion

Jump to newest

By *iz and Dan OP   Couple
over a year ago

st.albans

Without getting into a theistic debate, we were just wondering if many people on here subscribe to a religion.

it seems to us that this lifestyle would be more akin to atheists and agnostics, but yesterday we saw a wife with a crucifix round her neck, and a cock in each hand. Didn't really seem to fit given the whole christian monogamy thing - though I guess some believe in polygamy....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ipswingCouple
over a year ago

portrush

i dont think the Christ said anything about monogamy... was it not more about love ... and that can take many forms ... perhaps the churches like to forget about Mary his beloved ... and focus on Mary the mother and her myth..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Think of religion as a framework of guidelines. Like trellis you hope to train a shrub over, eventually.

It's not always practical, but the intentions are good and it's a nice idea.

I'm a Muslim on a sex site.

Does it make me a hypocrite, or just a human?

I bet her crucifix looked pretty, though.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Yes, I'm Christian (Catholic) and regard my faith as being very strong. It has helped me through life, kept me out of trouble, taught me to treat people with respect and always try to do good things, be a good person.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Many people wear crosses without being practicing Christians. Goths for example.

I'm a semi-lapsed pagan myself, although I lean more towards atheism now.

over a year ago

st.albans

My biggest issue with religion (other than the indoctrination) is the hypocrisy of those that claim their fairy tales are guidelines. When in actual fact they were written as rules (by men, for men, but that's beside the point), not to be 'interpreted'. It's a shame, I thought this site would contain mostly people free from the shackles of those stone age myths.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

As a Catholic on a sex site, I know it is regarded as a sin (Lust), but I see sex/sexuality as a positive thing and something which should be celebrated not hidden away. I think you have to make your own moral judgement and as long as you aren't hurting anyone...

over a year ago

Just because a human likes sex doesn't make them a bad person I believe in the process of natural evolution and the orgasm for humans one assumes has developed to make the art of sex enjoyable can't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed by those who believe in god ,shame for that woman who got stoned to death mind

over a year ago

st.albans

"Just because a human likes sex doesn't make them a bad person I believe in the process of natural evolution and the orgasm for humans one assumes has developed to make the art of sex enjoyable can't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed by those who believe in god ,shame for that woman who got stoned to death mind "

We agree entirely. Enjoying sex is completely natural.

funny you should mention evolution when we're talking about people that don't believe in it.

with regards to being a Muslim on a sex site, you do realise that according to your own doctrine you should be killed by your own family? But I suppose that's a misinterpretation. ...

over a year ago

To answer your question, I'm an Atheist.

People who are religious find their own ways of reconciling their beliefs. I gave up trying to understand religious people a long time ago. No offense meant, just saying that it isn't my business how people understand their own beliefs.

-Courtney

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"To answer your question, I'm an Atheist.

People who are religious find their own ways of reconciling their beliefs. I gave up trying to understand religious people a long time ago. No offense meant, just saying that it isn't my business how people understand their own beliefs.

-Courtney"

I'm not on here to judge people for their beliefs or lack of them. I'm here to meet for enjoyable intimate experiences.

over a year ago

st.albans

-Courtney"

quite.

we have no desire to swing with anyone whose dishonoured brother might then try and throw acid at us

over a year ago

Its something I personally struggled with for a while and is one reason I didn't allow myself to be sexually active until late. Then when I realised exactly how much I enjoyed sex and needed it more I discovered this site. Im from a religious family (protestant) and I had to say a lot of prayers to guide me but I feel like I've had enough signs that im on the right path. God will always be there for me and if its not right ill end up back on the right path. After all, he forgives so I do ask for forgiveness a lot.

I know a lot would disagree with my views but I ask you not to challenge them as its taken a lot for me to allow myself to be this person and I don't want to doubt myself again.

over a year ago

"Its something I personally struggled with for a while and is one reason I didn't allow myself to be sexually active until late. Then when I realised exactly how much I enjoyed sex and needed it more I discovered this site. Im from a religious family (protestant) and I had to say a lot of prayers to guide me but I feel like I've had enough signs that im on the right path. God will always be there for me and if its not right ill end up back on the right path. After all, he forgives so I do ask for forgiveness a lot.

I know a lot would disagree with my views but I ask you not to challenge them as its taken a lot for me to allow myself to be this person and I don't want to doubt myself again. "

It's your life, don't let anyone else tell you how to live it

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Its something I personally struggled with for a while and is one reason I didn't allow myself to be sexually active until late. Then when I realised exactly how much I enjoyed sex and needed it more I discovered this site. Im from a religious family (protestant) and I had to say a lot of prayers to guide me but I feel like I've had enough signs that im on the right path. God will always be there for me and if its not right ill end up back on the right path. After all, he forgives so I do ask for forgiveness a lot.

I know a lot would disagree with my views but I ask you not to challenge them as its taken a lot for me to allow myself to be this person and I don't want to doubt myself again. "

Agree totally and very well worded.

Take care.

over a year ago

We evolved! !! Some better than others!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 12:01:43]

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

-Courtney

quite.

we have no desire to swing with anyone whose dishonoured brother might then try and throw acid at us"

Throwing acid in someone's face is extreme, but it is a also a bit narrow minded to assume this will happen to you if you play with someone with faith.

over a year ago

-Courtney

quite.

we have no desire to swing with anyone whose dishonoured brother might then try and throw acid at us"

Right....

Bit of an overstatement, no? Has this ever happened to you?

-Courtney

over a year ago

Well, personally, I don't have any brothers and my Muslim father's dead.

So I'm an acid-free zone, baby!

Loads of stones, but they look far too nice in my ornamental garden beds to waste them on executions.

Xxxx

over a year ago

"Just because a human likes sex doesn't make them a bad person I believe in the process of natural evolution and the orgasm for humans one assumes has developed to make the art of sex enjoyable can't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed by those who believe in god ,shame for that woman who got stoned to death mind

funny you should mention evolution when we're talking about people that don't believe in it.

with regards to being a Muslim on a sex site, you do realise that according to your own doctrine you should be killed by your own family? But I suppose that's a misinterpretation. ..."

No offence but you're showing a lot of ignorance about what religious people believe.

Not to mention wording your posts in a deliberately patronising way that indicates you're just looking to make yourself feel better at the expense of others rather than get an answer to your question.

FYI: Catholics have been cool with evolution since 1950! Pope Pius XII - Encyclical Humani Generis to be precise.

In answer to your question, yes most swingers are atheists or not religious. So no you won't struggle to get people to cheer on your belittling of people who have the balls to declare themselves in the minority. Ironically, being a swinger is a minority in society and most of society think swingers are wierd and fucking disgusting. So you might want to think about that before being passive aggressive to minority groups of swingers.

over a year ago

"Just because a human likes sex doesn't make them a bad person I believe in the process of natural evolution and the orgasm for humans one assumes has developed to make the art of sex enjoyable can't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed by those who believe in god ,shame for that woman who got stoned to death mind

with regards to being a Muslim on a sex site, you do realise that according to your own doctrine you should be killed by your own family? But I suppose that's a misinterpretation. ...

No offence but you're showing a lot of ignorance about what religious people believe.

Not to mention wording your posts in a deliberately patronising way that indicates you're just looking to make yourself feel better at the expense of others rather than get an answer to your question.

FYI: Catholics have been cool with evolution since 1950! Pope Pius XII - Encyclical Humani Generis to be precise.

In answer to your question, yes most swingers are atheists or not religious. So no you won't struggle to get people to cheer on your belittling of people who have the balls to declare themselves in the minority. Ironically, being a swinger is a minority in society and most of society think swingers are wierd and fucking disgusting. So you might want to think about that before being passive aggressive to minority groups of swingers. "

Well said

over a year ago

In answer to your question, yes most swingers are atheists or not religious. So no you won't struggle to get people to cheer on your belittling of people who have the balls to declare themselves in the minority. Ironically, being a swinger is a minority in society and most of society think swingers are wierd and fucking disgusting. So you might want to think about that before being passive aggressive to minority groups of swingers. "

I just fell in love with you a little bit.

Hope this is ok?

over a year ago

I don't think that just because people are atheist or agnostic they will be supportive of belittling religious people... I like the rest of your post but that seemed a bit, I dunno, patronizing to me.

-Courtney

over a year ago

Please ignore that weird smiley...wasn't meant to be there.

over a year ago

Speaking of religion, here we go.

I'm a product of west European rational analytic thought.

You want me to believe something, you will have to prove it.

So don't particularly believe in a god.

But, you know what - I feel envious of those with a faith.

Wouldn't it be great to have someone or something to believe in and pray to

over a year ago

In answer to your question, yes most swingers are atheists or not religious. So no you won't struggle to get people to cheer on your belittling of people who have the balls to declare themselves in the minority. Ironically, being a swinger is a minority in society and most of society think swingers are wierd and fucking disgusting. So you might want to think about that before being passive aggressive to minority groups of swingers.

I don't think that just because people are atheist or agnostic they will be supportive of belittling religious people... I like the rest of your post but that seemed a bit, I dunno, patronizing to me.

-Courtney"

Apologies, you're right and it was wrong of me to say that bit.

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

Again excellently worded.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Catholic, but probably (definitely!) not a very good one; but thats ok for I can carry even more Catholic guilt

One of my non-Catholic non-swinger friends (but she is no angel either) called me a hypocrite for cherry picking

Just because I jumped a Red light doesn't mean that I might as well now throw the book away and drive down at 250 on the wrong carriageway of an A road

over a year ago

Hope this is ok?"

Ha ha more than ok! People are welcome to their views on here. Differences of opinion are what make the forums interesting. What I can't stand is belittling of those differences.

When it gets put of hand it kills the forum. You only have to join the other major swinging site and see how lame their forum is if you want to know what i mean. Literally weeks go by before anyone posts anything new.

Fab has a great, vibrant forum and it needs a degree of mutual respect to stay that way.

By *ipswingCouple
over a year ago

portrush

lovely woman there is nothing to forgive ... you are bringing pleasure ..happiness to others .. sharing with love ...is the essence of Christianity ..

over a year ago

st.albans

Apologies if I have offended, though surely if your faith is that strong, a little word from me shouldn't shake it.

I am just simply flabbergasted by the hypocrisy here.

Believe me, I am not ignorant about anybodies' religion, I have red most religious texts, that's why I'm an atheist. My acid comment was quite obviously tongue in cheek.

I can't get on board with pretending I find it ok just to please others though, could you take an adult who believed in father Christmas seriously? What about if their belief in father Christmas negatively impacted millions of people round the world?

Accuse me of many things, but ignorance on this subject is not one of them.

I guarantee all of your lives would be more enjoyable if you realised you only answer to yourselves and those you directly affect. That you don't have to apologise or ask forgiveness for any of your actions.

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Apologies if I have offended, though surely if your faith is that strong, a little word from me shouldn't shake it.

Believe me, I am not ignorant about anybodies' religion, I have red most religious texts, that's why I'm an atheist. My acid comment was quite obviously tongue in cheek.

I can't get on board with pretending I find it ok just to please others though, could you take an adult who believed in father Christmas seriously? What about if their belief in father Christmas negatively impacted millions of people round the world?

I guarantee all of your lives would be more enjoyable if you realised you only answer to yourselves and those you directly affect. That you don't have to apologise or ask forgiveness for any of your actions."

Your guarantee is interesting, and we guess that you found it so.

But there are many people who find their lives very enjoyable by having religion as an important part of it.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Well, personally, I don't have any brothers and my Muslim father's dead.

So I'm an acid-free zone, baby!

Loads of stones, but they look far too nice in my ornamental garden beds to waste them on executions.

Xxxx"

Cleo, you've just made me laugh so fricking hard!

over a year ago

st.albans

Unfortunately there are

By *sian_coupleukCouple
over a year ago

manchester

Well said.

So of the comments above made us cringe. Swinging is a taboo is all religions (as far as we are aware) yet people do stuff in private which doesn't comply with their faith, that is between them who they believe in. But to make comments such as acid throwing, dishonoured brother, etc shows that one doesn't understand the difference between someone's faith and culture.

The faith in question doesn't endorse that, that is a cultural practise which sadly exits amongst minorities. Does anyone know anyone personally that this has happened too? Or was seen in the media? Doesn't the media like sensationalise things?

We have met many people off this sight from ALL backgrounds, had excellent fun with them and have had mutual respect along the way.

Yes we are religious and practising in our private lives but what we wish to do when swinging is our choice and people we meet with are never subjected to our faith.

We would never discrimate anyone over faith when choosing who to meet that's for sure!

over a year ago

st.albans

So choosing a partner based on skin colour or cock size (both uncontrollable) is more acceptable than choosing someone based on their beliefs?!

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

I guarantee all of your lives would be more enjoyable if you realised you only answer to yourselves and those you directly affect. That you don't have to apologise or ask forgiveness for any of your actions."

Completely agree with you. In my case, I'll add my creator (no, not just my mother and father, but God) to that list

I was born Catholic; I cannot change that and decades of indoctrination means that at a sub-concious level, I cannot operate any differently than I do

Maybe Atheists are the cleverer people who make up their own rules to follow

Bet you've heard this one before; if I am wrong, then there will be nothingness when we kick the bucket; but if I am right, then you are f**ked, but not in the FabS style

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

We respect people with a faith and religion, we also respect people who decide that faith and religion is not for them.

Many people say that it cannot be proven that a God exists, but on the other hand it cannot be proven that he doesn't.

Each to their own we guess.

over a year ago

"Apologies if I have offended, though surely if your faith is that strong, a little word from me shouldn't shake it.

You can't guarantee anything because you have no idea about my life or beliefs.

I find your attitude condescending & patronising.

over a year ago

st.albans

"We respect people with a faith and religion, we also respect people who decide that faith and religion is not for them.

Many people say that it cannot be proven that a God exists, but on the other hand it cannot be proven that he doesn't.

"

The burden of proof lies with the claimant. I can tell you there's a unicorn farm 30 miles beneath the earth's core. You (rightly) won't believe me, I can't put the onus on you to prove there isn't.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

I can tell you there's a unicorn farm 30 miles beneath the earth's core. You (rightly) won't believe me, I can't put the onus on you to prove there isn't. "

Ah, so that is where the single bisexual women are

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

I used to be Muslim, but now am an Atheist.

Holding on to religion was one of the main reasons I couldn't explore my sexuality fully.

But having ditched it makes me feel all the more liberated.

I know there are people who still hold on to religious beliefs but are hardly the practicing types.

Well...whatever floats their boat really. As long as their religion doesn't interfere / budge into our lives. (The last thing I want is someone damning me for my sexual ways).

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

"We respect people with a faith and religion, we also respect people who decide that faith and religion is not for them.

The burden of proof lies with the claimant. I can tell you there's a unicorn farm 30 miles beneath the earth's core. You (rightly) won't believe me, I can't put the onus on you to prove there isn't. "

Pretty much my argument too.

over a year ago

st.albans

"I used to be Muslim, but now am an Atheist.

Holding on to religion was one of the main reasons I couldn't explore my sexuality fully.

"

spot on

over a year ago

st.albans

"

I can tell you there's a unicorn farm 30 miles beneath the earth's core. You (rightly) won't believe me, I can't put the onus on you to prove there isn't.

Ah, so that is where the single bisexual women are "

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered.

But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written.

We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum.

I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer.

We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

? Charles Bukowski

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"So choosing a partner based on skin colour or cock size (both uncontrollable) is more acceptable than choosing someone based on their beliefs?!"

You have the right to chose your play partners by whatever criteria you like, but you dont have to belittle them at the same time.

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

OP. You've a very interesting debate going on here.

I wouldn't blame you if there are many out there who simply don't get your point but I perfectly understand what you're talking about. : )

over a year ago

"Without getting into a theistic debate, we were just wondering if many people on here subscribe to a religion.

it seems to us that this lifestyle would be more akin to atheists and agnostics, but yesterday we saw a wife with a crucifix round her neck, and a cock in each hand. Didn't really seem to fit given the whole christian monogamy thing - though I guess some believe in polygamy.... "

Yes, I'm Christian.

over a year ago

st.albans

"

I guarantee all of your lives would be more enjoyable if you realised you only answer to yourselves and those you directly affect. That you don't have to apologise or ask forgiveness for any of your actions.

Completely agree with you. In my case, I'll add my creator (no, not just my mother and father, but God) to that list

I was born Catholic; I cannot change that and decades of indoctrination means that at a sub-concious level, I cannot operate any differently than I do

Bet you've heard this one before; if I am wrong, then there will be nothingness when we kick the bucket; but if I am right, then you are f**ked, but not in the FabS style "

that's called Pacal's wager, and my response to that is that every religious person in the world is atheist about all other religions. Surely if there was one true religion, it would be safer to believe in none (based on lack of evidence) than in an incorrect one (based on your parents and where you were born).

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

I think a lot of people who side with a particular religion know little to nothing of what it entails.

I've read the Quran, and I see it nothing more than a book of misogyny, intolerance and very backward-mindedness.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"

I agree.

This lifestyle brings people from different walks of life, faith and social groups. For many, it's a chance to be someone else or do things they wouldn't normally. Since this is what brings us here, does such a question really matter?

over a year ago

st.albans

"I think a lot of people who side with a particular religion know little to nothing of what it entails.

I've read the Quran, and I see it nothing more than a book of misogyny, intolerance and very backward-mindedness."

I have also read the quaran, and the bible (Old testament and new), also parts of the torah and norse and Greek mythology.

That is why I am an atheist. I find most who claim to be religious haven't even read their own texts.

I have also of course read the god delusion, which everyone should read

over a year ago

What business is it of yours what anyone else believes?

You're an atheist, good for you.

Now stop telling others what they should or should not believe.

over a year ago

"Believe me, I am not ignorant about anybodies' religion, I have red most religious texts, that's why I'm an atheist. My acid comment was quite obviously tongue in cheek."

Well no, it wasn't 'quite obvious'. It was pretty bigoted actually.

"I can't get on board with pretending I find it ok just to please others though, could you take an adult who believed in father Christmas seriously? What about if their belief in father Christmas negatively impacted millions of people round the world?"

My faith doesn't negatively impact millions of people around the world. My faith affects me, and occasionally my close friends. What people do in the name of my God is nothing to do with me, I do not control their actions. I do not believe in controlling other human beings.

I concern myself with myself, and I try to make the world better for myself and others who I can relate to. Unfortunately some people have different ideas as to how to make the world better, because you will never get 7 billion people to agree.

Lastly - if you don't take me seriously I don't really care to be honest. It doesn't matter to me. I have my faith, and that's what matters to me.

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

"I think a lot of people who side with a particular religion know little to nothing of what it entails.

I've read the Quran, and I see it nothing more than a book of misogyny, intolerance and very backward-mindedness.

I have also read the quaran, and the bible (Old testament and new), also parts of the torah and norse and Greek mythology.

That is why I am an atheist. I find most who claim to be religious haven't even read their own texts.

I have also of course read the god delusion, which everyone should read"

Richard Dawkins. haha. The God Delusion's a great read btw.

It was actually arguments brought forward by Christopher Hitchens who made me change my ways. That man would pretty much destroy any theistic arguments brought forward.

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

I have no comment to make but do want to take a seat on this thread.

Think it's going to get interesting

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Believe me, I am not ignorant about anybodies' religion, I have red most religious texts, that's why I'm an atheist. My acid comment was quite obviously tongue in cheek.

Well no, it wasn't 'quite obvious'. It was pretty bigoted actually.

My faith doesn't negatively impact millions of people around the world. My faith affects me, and occasionally my close friends. What people do in the name of my God is nothing to do with me, I do not control their actions. I do not believe in controlling other human beings.

I concern myself with myself, and I try to make the world better for myself and others who I can relate to. Unfortunately some people have different ideas as to how to make the world better, because you will never get 7 billion people to agree.

Lastly - if you don't take me seriously I don't really care to be honest. It doesn't matter to me. I have my faith, and that's what matters to me."

Again very well said.

over a year ago

Hope this is ok?"

I fell in love with you ages ago x

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

Bet you've heard this one before; if I am wrong, then there will be nothingness when we kick the bucket; but if I am right, then you are f**ked, but not in the FabS style

that's called Pacal's wager, and my response to that is that every religious person in the world is atheist about all other religions. Surely if there was one true religion, it would be safer to believe in none (based on lack of evidence) than in an incorrect one (based on your parents and where you were born)."

I am not disagreeing with you. Simply stating my position

Most of my friends are Atheists and I think it genuinely pains them to watch an otherwise, somewhat reasonably intelligent and sane middle-aged woman, go on about her 'seance' on Sunday mornings with her invisible Pink flying Unicorn

And I have thought a great deal about the 'true' religion too

At the end of the day, religion is a bit like a reflex action for me; and yes, there are 'conflicts of interest'; thank God for Catholic guilt; I need it

over a year ago

I don't remember anyone asking you to get on board with them or take them seriously. Great, you don't want to swing with religious people, no problem, block them and move on. I very much doubt they will mourn the loss.

What you've actually done is started with a neutral sounding thread. Then when some people said answered it you started insulting them. Apparently you felt a need to do that because religion is the last beacon of hypocrisy in the world and you couldn't see any other hypocrisy around you? Not even in say, peoples political beliefs... if we put all your beliefs under a microscope there's not even a chance we'd find an ounce of contradiction. Damn, if only you'd been around to cast the first stone.

OK let's run with that anyway. Since you know so much about all the religious books you've red. What would a Catholic Priest say to a Catholic who confessed to them that they were a swinger? Remember, they can only respond within the Church guidelines so their response will not be random.

over a year ago

st.albans

I notice a lot of vitriol coming my way from the good people of God. Note there's none coming from me.

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"I notice a lot of vitriol coming my way from the good people of God. Note there's none coming from me."

we have not noted much of this, maybe we have missed something?

over a year ago

st.albans

I don't remember anyone asking you to get on board with them or take them seriously. Great, you don't want to swing with religious people, no problem, block them and move on. I very much doubt they will mourn the loss.

What you've actually done is started with a neutral sounding thread. Then when some people said answered it you started insulting them. Apparently you felt a need to do that because religion is the last beacon of hypocrisy in the world and you couldn't see any other hypocrisy around you? Not even in say, peoples political beliefs... if we put all your beliefs under a microscope there's not even a chance we'd find an ounce of contradiction. Damn, if only you'd been around to cast the first stone.

OK let's run with that anyway. Since you know so much about all the religious books you've red. What would a Catholic Priest say to a Catholic who confessed to them that they were a swinger? Remember, they can only respond within the Church guidelines so their response will not be random. "

depends if it was now or in another 5 years when the Catholic Church has once again updated their supposedly sacred and unchangeable beliefs to move with the times in an attempt to keep their sheep

over a year ago

st.albans

"I notice a lot of vitriol coming my way from the good people of God. Note there's none coming from me.

we have not noted much of this, maybe we have missed something?"

seeing what you want to see? How fantastically ironic!

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"I notice a lot of vitriol coming my way from the good people of God. Note there's none coming from me.

we have not noted much of this, maybe we have missed something?

seeing what you want to see? How fantastically ironic!"

What we find ironic is that you do not expect it after starting this type of thread.

Seeing as a lot of people say what they want to say, is that much different to seeing what you want to see?

over a year ago

OK let's run with that anyway. Since you know so much about all the religious books you've red. What would a Catholic Priest say to a Catholic who confessed to them that they were a swinger? Remember, they can only respond within the Church guidelines so their response will not be random.

depends if it was now or in another 5 years when the Catholic Church has once again updated their supposedly sacred and unchangeable beliefs to move with the times in an attempt to keep their sheep"

Can I just ask, why the need to be patronizing? I think that a discussion of religion and its implications for the swinging world could be a very interesting topics for discussion....until people start being rude and calling people "sheep" and joking about throwing acid...

Rational discussion doesn't need to be, and really shouldn't be insulting. The best orators promoting atheism go out of their way to not speak to religious people the way you have on this thread so far.

-Courtney

over a year ago

I am a non believer and I don't need religion.

over a year ago

st.albans

depends if it was now or in another 5 years when the Catholic Church has once again updated their supposedly sacred and unchangeable beliefs to move with the times in an attempt to keep their sheep

Can I just ask, why the need to be patronizing? I think that a discussion of religion and its implications for the swinging world could be a very interesting topics for discussion....until people start being rude and calling people "sheep" and joking about throwing acid...

Rational discussion doesn't need to be, and really shouldn't be insulting. The best orators promoting atheism go out of their way to not speak to religious people the way you have on this thread so far.

-Courtney"

You can't have an adult discussion with people that have the beliefs of a child. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

over a year ago

st.albans

It's the pure hypocrisy.

religion and swinging cannot be synonymous if you take the former seriously.

That's the whole point.

over a year ago

depends if it was now or in another 5 years when the Catholic Church has once again updated their supposedly sacred and unchangeable beliefs to move with the times in an attempt to keep their sheep"

For the purpose of answering the question please assume it happened today. I look forward to your informed answer.

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"It's the pure hypocrisy.

religion and swinging cannot be synonymous if you take the former seriously.

That's the whole point."

Maybe the whole point in your opinion but not in others.

Can it not be left at that, where people can enjoy their own beliefs??

over a year ago

-Courtney

You can't have an adult discussion with people that have the beliefs of a child. It's like playing chess with a pigeon."

You know what, you're right. I think that is why this conversation with you has been so difficult.

-Courtney

over a year ago

Someone just got served and it wasn't Courtney!

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

I may not be as clever as you but I still don't think that I could be lumped together with sheep

Ofcourse, I cannot prove the existence of God but then again, I am not trying to either. Neither am I here to 'convert' others to my 'dumb' ways of thinking nor am I stating that relgious people are good, pure, superior, more intelligent or holier

I see that amongst my friends sometimes when they accuse me of acting superior. I have to ask them to look at themselves to discover why they feel that sometimes. It isn't me trying to give them that feeling

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

It helps when people promote the idea of secularism.

Whether you believe in God or not, as long as its not affecting people's lives, its all well and good.

However having a meaningful discussion about why people believe in a religion and not getting suddenly all worked up on certain aspects of it is a healthy way to talk about it.

No one needs to get angry or irritated about the OP when really they're actually bringing out certain topics that, frankly speaking doesn't fit into the religious narrative.

Its one thing to believe in religion and then damn someone for not following it while at the same time that very person isn't following its tenets at the same time.

over a year ago

"Without getting into a theistic debate" ..... Which entirely predictable it did

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

“In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

"“In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche"

You quoted Nietzsche!

Not everyone gets his philosophy.

I salute you sir!

By *akedwife12Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

"It helps when people promote the idea of secularism.

Whether you believe in God or not, as long as its not affecting people's lives, its all well and good.

However having a meaningful discussion about why people believe in a religion and not getting suddenly all worked up on certain aspects of it is a healthy way to talk about it.

No one needs to get angry or irritated about the OP when really they're actually bringing out certain topics that, frankly speaking doesn't fit into the religious narrative.

Its one thing to believe in religion and then damn someone for not following it while at the same time that very person isn't following its tenets at the same time."

We have very good friends who mock our belief in God. When they find we do not bite back it is dropped and we continue our friendship.

We are going to guess that we all on here have friends who would shun us like lepers if they knew what we enjoyed in our private lives.

Each to their own about religion or anything else, as long as your beliefs or personal choices are not hurting others, then what does it matter.

What we do not try to do however, is try to convince our friends that they are wrong, and they no longer try to convince us that WE are wrong!

All happy and content.

over a year ago

st.albans

- Friedrich Nietzsche"

over a year ago

st.albans

- Friedrich Nietzsche

You quoted Nietzsche!

Not everyone gets his philosophy.

I salute you sir! "

over a year ago

st.albans

-Courtney

You can't have an adult discussion with people that have the beliefs of a child. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

You know what, you're right. I think that is why this conversation with you has been so difficult.

-Courtney"

amazing. In a thread where I am dumbfounded by people's childish beliefs and behaviours, you have pretty much just said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Amazing

over a year ago

st.albans

For the purpose of answering the question please assume it happened today. I look forward to your informed answer. "

he'd have to grant him forgiveness so they can both get back to molesting the choir boys

over a year ago

-Courtney

-Courtney

amazing. In a thread where I am dumbfounded by people's childish beliefs and behaviours, you have pretty much just said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Amazing "

over a year ago

-Courtney

You can't have an adult discussion with people that have the beliefs of a child. It's like playing chess with a pigeon."

And you're not being childish about other people's views? Hypocritical much

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

OP, you have labelled religious people as violent (reference to acid attack) sex offenders (reference to choir boys) stupid (comparing them to sheep and pigeons) and of negatively impacting the lives of millions.

No one has said anything against atheists in return, just against you personally for attacking posts.

over a year ago

Our previous vicar was always of the opinion that if what goes on behind closed doors is between consenting adults then it's all good be it anal, swinging or group sex.

Additionally I know many atheists that all celebrate christmas and easter - perhaps you could make that your next thread?

By *nterracial2Couple
over a year ago

Ribble Valley

So we're going to try not to cause a stir. We are both of a religious belief! Yes, we have our belief, but we are also very liberal and why can't that go hand in hand! Well it can because we choose to. Religion is a personal thing that we believe in our hearts and if we chose to in our everyday actions. It should coincide with our day to day life and it does

over a year ago

st.albans

"Our previous vicar was always of the opinion that if what goes on behind closed doors is between consenting adults then it's all good be it anal, swinging or group sex.

Additionally I know many atheists that all celebrate christmas and easter - perhaps you could make that your next thread?"

lol, neither of these are christian based holidays. They existed long before Christians stole them

over a year ago

For the purpose of answering the question please assume it happened today. I look forward to your informed answer.

he'd have to grant him forgiveness so they can both get back to molesting the choir boys "

Oh right so if they had forgiveness because it is a venial sin as opposed to a mortal one, the Church would neither endorse the action, nor excommunicate them, which would leave them simultaneously inside the Church and a swinger. The only two correct interpretations of this are that they are not a hypocrites or that everyone is a hypocrite because everyone will sin in future. In case you're still struggling - gluttony is a venial sin too so with your (incorrect) logic someone overly fond of pies wouldn't be able to be religious either.

So actually your whole assertion was logically flawed from the start owing to your ignorance about what faith actually is.

I don't argue to change your mind, but I think I've exposed your logical flaws to the average, reasonable reader which is who I ever write to. You've already done an excellent job of exposing your rudeness and lack of class. So I'm done with this thread.

over a year ago

he'd have to grant him forgiveness so they can both get back to molesting the choir boys "

Such a mature response

over a year ago

-Courtney

quite.

we have no desire to swing with anyone whose dishonoured brother might then try and throw acid at us

Throwing acid in someone's face is extreme, but it is a also a bit narrow minded to assume this will happen to you if you play with someone with faith. "

Well said

over a year ago

"I notice a lot of vitriol coming my way from the good people of God. Note there's none coming from me."

You can start with this bit of unpleasantness from yourself, from just a few posts below the one you made:

"You can't have an adult discussion with people that have the beliefs of a child. It's like playing chess with a pigeon."

over a year ago

he'd have to grant him forgiveness so they can both get back to molesting the choir boys

Such a mature response "

But Miss Innocent, you are a child who doesn't deserve to be spoken to as an adult by these intelligent, articulate people. Don't expect intelligent and thought-out replies from people who see you as an idiot.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"What business is it of yours what anyone else believes?

Now stop telling others what they should or should not believe."

Atheism has become a religion in itself, led by Richard Dawkins. Respect and tolerance for all, unless you believe in God of course, then we have to prove God doesn't exist, with a Big Bang "theory", but hey, each to their own.

Peace all x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 14:39:08]

over a year ago

Atheism has become a religion in itself, led by Richard Dawkins. Respect and tolerance for all, unless you believe in God of course, then we have to prove God doesn't exist, with a Big Bang "theory", but hey, each to their own.

Peace all x"

You don't have to prove anything. Believe what you want to believe, just don't ram what you believe down my throat or belittle anyone else what they believe as the OP is doing.

over a year ago

"So we're going to try not to cause a stir. We are both of a religious belief! Yes, we have our belief, but we are also very liberal and why can't that go hand in hand! Well it can because we choose to. Religion is a personal thing that we believe in our hearts and if we chose to in our everyday actions. It should coincide with our day to day life and it does "

As a Muslim I have to say you have wrote what I was thinking and couldn't agree more. Not everyone is an extremist and we CAN hold liberal views x

over a year ago

Peace all x

You don't have to prove anything. Believe what you want to believe, just don't ram what you believe down my throat or belittle anyone else what they believe as the OP is doing."

This was my point. There is a new form of extreme atheism which forcefully tries to disprove religion (God delusion)

Just chill and have fun

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Peace all x"

Dawkins and co don't care if you believe in God or not. Atheists will always say people can believe what they want. That's one of the beautiful things about us humans, the diversity of our thoughts and beliefs. All people like Dawkins will do is add scientific and rational thought and logic to the argument as to whether God exists or not. The only people who ever have a hissy fit over such arguments are the people who believe in God. If there's one thing religions hate then it's questioning!

over a year ago

Peace all x

Dawkins and co don't care if you believe in God or not. Atheists will always say people can believe what they want. That's one of the beautiful things about us humans, the diversity of our thoughts and beliefs. All people like Dawkins will do is add scientific and rational thought and logic to the argument as to whether God exists or not. The only people who ever have a hissy fit over such arguments are the people who believe in God. If there's one thing religions hate then it's questioning!"

I wouldn't say he doesn't care, he wrote a book?

over a year ago

"Think of religion as a framework of guidelines. Like trellis you hope to train a shrub over, eventually.

I bet her crucifix looked pretty, though."

Definitely human, a very attractive human!

over a year ago

"Think of religion as a framework of guidelines. Like trellis you hope to train a shrub over, eventually.

I bet her crucifix looked pretty, though."

you are hands down the best looking human ever.

over a year ago

I bet her crucifix looked pretty, though.

Definitely human, a very attractive human! "

I need to join the Q

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Dawkins and co don't care if you believe in God or not. Atheists will always say people can believe what they want. That's one of the beautiful things about us humans, the diversity of our thoughts and beliefs. All people like Dawkins will do is add scientific and rational thought and logic to the argument as to whether God exists or not. The only people who ever have a hissy fit over such arguments are the people who believe in God. If there's one thing religions hate then it's questioning!"

To be honest, it only seems to be the OP throwing a "hissy fit". Religious people dont care what people like dawkins or the OP say, because they already have faith.

over a year ago

"

Dawkins and co don't care if you believe in God or not. Atheists will always say people can believe what they want. That's one of the beautiful things about us humans, the diversity of our thoughts and beliefs. All people like Dawkins will do is add scientific and rational thought and logic to the argument as to whether God exists or not. The only people who ever have a hissy fit over such arguments are the people who believe in God. If there's one thing religions hate then it's questioning!

To be honest, it only seems to be the OP throwing a "hissy fit". Religious people dont care what people like dawkins or the OP say, because they already have faith."

over a year ago

Lol, I never mentioned christianity! I'm not going to pretend that I know the precise route of how we got to where we are now with the celebrations I mentioned but have always understood it to be a bit of a cross over between paganism and christianity. Perhaps I should have been more specific I know Hindu's that celebrate christmas and atheists that have advent calendars!

My point is people of all walks of life take part in things that they enjoy that are sometimes at odds with other areas of their life, but who am I to try and say they are wrong?

"Our previous vicar was always of the opinion that if what goes on behind closed doors is between consenting adults then it's all good be it anal, swinging or group sex.

Additionally I know many atheists that all celebrate christmas and easter - perhaps you could make that your next thread?

lol, neither of these are christian based holidays. They existed long before Christians stole them"

over a year ago

st.albans

Amazing. Atheism is becoming a religion? That is a whole new level of stupidity.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The only altar to worhip at is my arse, as far as I'm concerned.

The religious stuff is all twisted, conflated nonsense, however I try to look at it. I love the values of love for others and our world, that they'll contain but I'm such a goody two shoes, I'm sweet enough not to need a religious doctrine and find, in general, most people are lovely, inside and outside of religion.

over a year ago

st.albans

It seems everyone is missing the point, so I will break it down;

Identifying with any one of the main prescribed religions properly, not picking and choosing would not allow you to partake in swinging. Therefore anyone that does, does not take their religion seriously. They are by definition, hypocrites. If this upsets you, so be it.

By *isdirtygirlCouple
over a year ago

somewhere out there

I find that atheists always seem to have the need to belittle those with faith. Curious that. I've often wondered if that is because of some sort of deep rooted sense of loss.

over a year ago

"I find that atheists always seem to have the need to belittle those with faith. Curious that. I've often wondered if that is because of some sort of deep rooted sense of loss."

Just as I find the OP to be insulting for generalizing, so too are religious people for generalizing about atheists.

We are not all like the OP, and so to suggest otherwise is to be just as insulting and mean-spirited as the OP.

-Courtney

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"

Yes people at times need Comforting and if there is no family or friends to turn to, this is where faith comes into it god or no god if It gives people something to turn too where as before they had nothing thats More Important to me than if your a believer or not.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Live and let live I say. I'm not a follower of any major religion so have no idea what their tenets are with regards to sex. I also don't go around mocking them for believing, so expect the same in return.

In fact, I would never start a conversation about religion on a meet as its none of my business. If they start calling me the Whore of Babylon, or pass me a copy of WatchTower I'll make my excuses and leave, but otherwise I'm meeting them for sex, and I'll assume that they are there for that too.

over a year ago

"I find that atheists always seem to have the need to belittle those with faith. Curious that. I've often wondered if that is because of some sort of deep rooted sense of loss.

Just as I find the OP to be insulting for generalizing, so too are religious people for generalizing about atheists.

We are not all like the OP, and so to suggest otherwise is to be just as insulting and mean-spirited as the OP.

-Courtney"

That is very true. No need to generalise from either point of view.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

If they start calling me the Whore of Babylon, or pass me a copy of WatchTower I'll make my excuses and leave, but otherwise I'm meeting them for sex, and I'll assume that they are there for that too."

If they called me that, I'll have point out London on a map; for the sake of accuracy, ofcourse

over a year ago

"

To be honest, it only seems to be the OP throwing a "hissy fit". Religious people dont care what people like dawkins or the OP say, because they already have faith."

And that's just it.

Nobody will unsettle my faith just by throwing science at me. i have faith in my heart, and that's not anybody else's to take away from me.

People get very, very upset when they present me with science and I just shrug and say 'it doesn't matter'. They say 'but you are an intelligent human, you should know better!' But I do know better. I know how I feel in my heart. And that's what matters to me.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Why did God even make atheists? In fact why did he even make people worship him, go to church on Sundays and live their lives by a book (which he didn't even write) anyway? Seems a bit egotistical for such an omnipotent being to me!

over a year ago

"It seems everyone is missing the point, so I will break it down;

Identifying with any one of the main prescribed religions properly, not picking and choosing would not allow you to partake in swinging. Therefore anyone that does, does not take their religion seriously. They are by definition, hypocrites. If this upsets you, so be it."

And I think what people are generally saying is that... they don't really care if you think they're a hypocrite.

By *isdirtygirlCouple
over a year ago

somewhere out there

"I find that atheists always seem to have the need to belittle those with faith. Curious that. I've often wondered if that is because of some sort of deep rooted sense of loss.

-Courtney"

Courtney I'm not generalizing. I'm only going by being a by spectator to many an argument over religion in the past few years. Every single time it has been started by the atheist side and it had been very visibly an attempt at belittling the belief of the other person.

Apologies, I should have said 'some atheists' maybe as it most certainly isn't all atheists that behave that way.

At the end of the day belief - or the lack thereof - is a highly personal thing - and something that we should not have to justify to anyone.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

To be honest, it only seems to be the OP throwing a "hissy fit". Religious people dont care what people like dawkins or the OP say, because they already have faith.

And that's just it.

Nobody will unsettle my faith just by throwing science at me. i have faith in my heart, and that's not anybody else's to take away from me.

People get very, very upset when they present me with science and I just shrug and say 'it doesn't matter'. They say 'but you are an intelligent human, you should know better!' But I do know better. I know how I feel in my heart. And that's what matters to me."

So well put. That is exactly what I think

In everything else, I will apply science and logic. But where it comes to religion, then my belief takes over. Maybe that is why it is called a belief

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"

That extract is not meant to suggest that those who don't believe are not blessed!

over a year ago

-Courtney

Courtney I'm not generalizing. I'm only going by being a by spectator to many an argument over religion in the past few years. Every single time it has been started by the atheist side and it had been very visibly an attempt at belittling the belief of the other person.

Apologies, I should have said 'some atheists' maybe as it most certainly isn't all atheists that behave that way.

At the end of the day belief - or the lack thereof - is a highly personal thing - and something that we should not have to justify to anyone."

See, I actually find this very interesting. Coming from the US, where religion is what runs most things, I have found the complete opposite.

To this day, I still remember being in a county fair where a religious zealot pulled my father over (literally) and proceeded to question him about his faith. My father, while brought up Catholic, was an agnostic, and said this to the religious man. The religious man then shoved a bible in my father's hand and proceeded to loudly tell him that his children (me and my siblings) were destined to go to hell because HE was a non-believer - that even if we believed in God, we were going to hell simply for my father's beliefs. I was 7 and I was standing next to him, holding his hand.

It is really interesting how culture can give us different perspectives on our faith, and the actions of those people around us.

Too bad this thread couldn't have been a discussion of these things instead.

-Courtney

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

mmmmm religion , lets see . if your in a church you can fuck kids and get it hidden .

You can use religion as a weapon and blow up those who do not want to follow your religion .

Go on telly and shout hallelujah , and send me $1000 , so I can get hookers and high

so in a nut shell who the fuck needs it

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 16:01:43]

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

What a lot of people don't realize are the repercussions so many people face because of their beliefs.I came from a moderately religious background where

I was told to hate the LGBT crowd, abstain from talking to women, was told that men are superior to women, refrain from speaking and interacting with people of another belief and was told that having unmarried sex would lead to punishments. You can't expect me to believe in a religion that asks me to follow that.

Not everyone has it easy going, trying to 'cherry pick' parts of their faith. A lot end up being oppressed that their liberties are sacrificed just because of succumbing to their beliefs and the pressures that surmount them.

over a year ago

st.albans

"[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 16:01:43]"

exactly my point. And those are the ones who take the teachings literally - as they were meant to be by this who imposed them.

I like you, you're a very sensible fella

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

"[Removed by poster at 31/08/15 16:01:43]

exactly my point. And those are the ones who take the teachings literally - as they were meant to be by this who imposed them.

I like you, you're a very sensible fella"

And so are you.

By *sian_coupleukCouple
over a year ago

manchester

"Someone just got served and it wasn't Courtney!"

By *sian_coupleukCouple
over a year ago

manchester

"What a lot of people don't realize are the repercussions so many people face because of their beliefs.I came from a moderately religious background where

I was told to hate the LGBT crowd, abstain from talking to women, was told that men are superior to women, refrain from speaking and interacting with people of another belief and was told that having unmarried sex would lead to punishments. You can't expect me to believe in a religion that asks me to follow that.

Not everyone has it easy going, trying to 'cherry pick' parts of their faith. A lot end up being oppressed that their liberties are sacrificed just because of succumbing to their beliefs and the pressures that surmount them."

Not sure what faith you were born into - but that's not the same Islam we follow nor all our family and friends.

Maybe the fault doesn't lie with a faith but down to how some people interpret it and add their own spin to it. Past experiences, cultural differences can warp someone into "adding" to the faith and passing it off as what it says in holy text.

over a year ago

We're a couple of god loving hippies... but then I'm guessing most people have already figured that out lol

Some people on here are so aggressive towards the more spiritual outlook that unfortunately it just leaves a bitter after taste... almost as if they've become the very dogmatic closed-minded people they claim to be opposed to. Western reason and science have a wonderful tradition that enrich a religious/spiritual outlook not corrode it. The former makes us realise there is more to life than meets the eye and the second shows us how miraculous this gift of life is. And of course, coming from more of a hippy free-thinking religious outlook the celebration of the body as well as the spirit makes total sense. In fact, one of the things my wife and I would like to eventually work towards is the development of a sexualised spiritual retreat for people who like getting wild, getting naked, and getting in tune with the cosmos...

The universe has chosen, in its wisdom, to give us an appreciation of the beauty of a sunset and the beauty of an attractive other...I'd say that's a pretty clear sign that there is special meaning for us to find in both

over a year ago

"See, I actually find this very interesting. Coming from the US, where religion is what runs most things, I have found the complete opposite.

To this day, I still remember being in a county fair where a religious zealot pulled my father over (literally) and proceeded to question him about his faith. My father, while brought up Catholic, was an agnostic, and said this to the religious man. The religious man then shoved a bible in my father's hand and proceeded to loudly tell him that his children (me and my siblings) were destined to go to hell because HE was a non-believer - that even if we believed in God, we were going to hell simply for my father's beliefs. I was 7 and I was standing next to him, holding his hand.

It is really interesting how culture can give us different perspectives on our faith, and the actions of those people around us.

-Courtney"

Whenever Christians come to our door I always say "It's alright I believe in God instead" This sends the bejeebers up them and they quickly respond "We believe in God too", to which I reply... "Oh I thought you believed in Jesus Christ instead". This tends to get the conversation off to a good start So you see... its not only atheists who hate me lol

over a year ago

"See, I actually find this very interesting. Coming from the US, where religion is what runs most things, I have found the complete opposite.

-Courtney

Whenever Christians come to our door I always say "It's alright I believe in God instead" This sends the bejeebers up them and they quickly respond "We believe in God too", to which I reply... "Oh I thought you believed in Jesus Christ instead". This tends to get the conversation off to a good start So you see... its not only atheists who hate me lol "

Excellent. I usually tell them that I am not interested - these are the magic words after which they disappear.

By *tallionExoticaMan
over a year ago

Islington

"What a lot of people don't realize are the repercussions so many people face because of their beliefs.I came from a moderately religious background where

Not everyone has it easy going, trying to 'cherry pick' parts of their faith. A lot end up being oppressed that their liberties are sacrificed just because of succumbing to their beliefs and the pressures that surmount them.

Not sure what faith you were born into - but that's not the same Islam we follow nor all our family and friends.

Maybe the fault doesn't lie with a faith but down to how some people interpret it and add their own spin to it. Past experiences, cultural differences can warp someone into "adding" to the faith and passing it off as what it says in holy text. "

I come from the same Islam that you refer to. (Asian / Middle Eastern here).

Used to be a Sunni Muslim back then.

There's always the argument posed forward by many that the interpretation some follow is wrong. I assure you its not, specially when you were taught in a faith based school that teaches you all what I mentioned above.

If you're leading a lifestyle that allows you to experience something as swinging, that's definitely not what Islam permits. (There's so much evidence to support it, when you follow the Quran along with the hadith).

You have to come forward with proper logic and reasoning behind your actions that are quite frankly, considered as sinful according to Islam.

Liberals might argue to the contrary, but

the moderates / conservatives have something else to say otherwise.

Then you've got the ones who go around saying eating pork is haram while at the same time downing alcohol and having unmarried sex (which both are equally forbidden according to Islam).

That argument makes no sense whatsoever and always gets me chuckling as to where that logic is stemming from.

But then, I've warmed up to the liberally religious types who don't take their religion really seriously. (Secular Muslims are really great IMO)

What matters to me more is humanism. We all could benefit from having to like others irrespective of what they believe in, provided those very beliefs aren't oppressing you from reaching out to others.

There are still cases you hear of how certain people aren't allowed to love another just because their religious beliefs didn't permit to. (With a few anecdotal ones from my side to add in as well).

There's a lot of reason why I abandoned my faith and it wasn't easy at all to do it.

By *ittle miss bi curiousCouple
over a year ago

harpenden

Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, etc etc... which one should I follow? Which one is correct?

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, etc etc... which one should I follow? Which one is correct? "

The correct one for you will be a choice you make; there are no incorrect choices; just like there aren't any 'good' colours or 'bad' colours

over a year ago

"Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, etc etc... which one should I follow? Which one is correct?

The correct one for you will be a choice you make; there are no incorrect choices; just like there aren't any 'good' colours or 'bad' colours"

There is no such thing as choice in religion... there is only your own way. If you wish, and you find your personal religion inclined towards doing so, you can join a group of religious people who all believe the same thing, or near as damn it, as you... and become a member of a Faith. As yet I see no evidence that any one of them is more godly than another... especially as I have managed to connect with God without being a member of any of them and God certainly seems utterly ambivalent to them. In fact, I'd suggest that God probably doesn't like them. They're just lazy shortcuts that prevent you from developing your own unique relationship with the divine source of your being. Far more important that you do that than you join any Faith imo

over a year ago

- Friedrich Nietzsche"

Isn't it the same with pubs nowadays??

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Isn't it the same with pubs nowadays??

"

Pretty much. Owing to the high price of booze all the "characters" are now on street corners and park benches swigging super strength cider...

Post new Message to Thread