Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

STDs in the swinging community

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Regardless of race or gender, data shows that sexually active adolescents and young adults are at increased risk for STDs when compared to older adults.

Would you expect the swinging demographic to have a high STD rate?

I actually think it's probably rather low amongst the swinging community.

What are your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We are probably one of the most active on here .

We get checked every 6 weeks , had the hep jab first week we started , and have never had an std .

I think the sensible ones take care , play safe and get checked regularly .

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Everyone wants to know, but who would take part in any research into our community? Just look at all the Sydney university warnings

over a year ago

We make no secret of our lifestyle when we are checked. And get tested regular. Would have no issues with test results being used in a survey.

By *redrobCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"We are probably one of the most active on here .

We get checked every 6 weeks , had the hep jab first week we started , and have never had an std .

I think the sensible ones take care , play safe and get checked regularly .

"

Don't quite agree with the last statement. We are tested regular and play safe. No std's yet. We know guys and girls who BB alot and never got std's according to them and some who only use condoms and take all safety measures possible and got some over the years.

over a year ago

Whenever we go to the GUM clinic we say we are swingers. They say that swingers per se are no more likely to get a STI than others.

I think because of the lifestyle swingers are more aware and open about getting checked.

By *onnybag69Man
over a year ago

East Manchester

herpes hsv-2 in on the increase in older swingers

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

We have played/filmed with 100's over a 18 year span, have regular tests and have never caught anything.

Most of it comes down to safe sex and common sense.

By *ieutenantMan
over a year ago

london

What makes you think is low amongst the swinging community. Judge for yourself only .some swingers these days play rough without due consideration for their health. Just go to meet-section. And see swingers looking for bareback fun. May be their bodies can repel any STD.

over a year ago

"What makes you think is low amongst the swinging community. Judge for yourself only .some swingers these days play rough without due consideration for their health. Just go to meet-section. And see swingers looking for bareback fun. May be their bodies can repel any STD. "

STATISTICALLY speaking (i.e. not personal opinion) STDs are lower amongst couples with children. Since I'd imagine that would be the biggest demographic of swingers, it would follow swingers would be below the national average.

over a year ago

The only recent study to consider STI amongst swingers was a Dutch one in 2010. It found that STIs amongst the swinging community were higher than amongst the general population. This may be the case or it could just reflect the fact that swingers tend to get tested more frequently than the general population and as a group are more likely to know if they have a STI.

It is also true that a couple that have been together faithfully for many years may not be infected simply because they have never encountered someone with a STI.

In the end, if you are fully tested *** and found to be STI free then you ARE STI free whether or not you have bareback, are a swinger or not.

*** No lectures on waiting 3 months etc etc. We all know about that and don't need to hear again.

over a year ago

The maths isn't right here.

A small group of people, carrying sticks of dynamite join a much much larger group of those that don't.

The chances of one of the first group exploding is still much higher than the average for the larger group.

I'm a Russian roulette player but I'm also a primary school teacher so I'm never gonna blow my brains out.

Flawed I'm afraid.

Do you ever notice how many people on here go a bit crazy and then suddenly disappear. The ones who test positive are the least likely to stay in the community that gave them the higher risk.

"STATISTICALLY speaking (i.e. not personal opinion) STDs are lower amongst couples with children. Since I'd imagine that would be the biggest demographic of swingers, it would follow swingers would be below the national average. "

over a year ago

"Regardless of race or gender, data shows that sexually active adolescents and young adults are at increased risk for STDs when compared to older adults.

What are your thoughts? "

When you are young you don't fear anything and that is the problem.

I also think that Mature swingers that do bareback and get tested on a regular basis seem to think that that makes them 'safer' than someone that doesn't, but the only time they can say they are 'disease free' is between the last guys they fucked and the test.

The test is like a car MOT. All it proves is that the car was roadworthy on the date and time it was tested.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Regardless of race or gender, data shows that sexually active adolescents and young adults are at increased risk for STDs when compared to older adults.

What are your thoughts?

When you are young you don't fear anything and that is the problem.

I also think that Mature swingers that do bareback and get tested on a regular basis seem to think that that makes them 'safer' than someone that doesn't, but the only time they can say they are 'disease free' is between the last guys they fucked and the test.

The test is like a car MOT. All it proves is that the car was roadworthy on the date and time it was tested.

"

But MOTs also let you know when your car has a problem that needs to get fixed. Visiting a clinic and getting tested does the same.

Swingers form a unique sub group when it comes to sexual health, and should be studied as such. This is the only way we will know what the actual risks are within our community.

over a year ago

"Whenever we go to the GUM clinic we say we are swingers. They say that swingers per se are no more likely to get a STI than others.

I think because of the lifestyle swingers are more aware and open about getting checked. "

but surely we are at higher risk as anyone is who has lots of sex with different people. Surely, if 5/100 had an std someone who has sex with 75 couples is more likely to have them than a vanilla rship who sleep with just 1 person...

over a year ago

It always really concerns me how many people bareback on here or claim to play safe then happily want too.

Don't get me wrong, I hate condoms as much as the next person but they are a necessary evil both for your sake and everyone elses.

It's so easy and painless to get a healthy check. I think everyone in this lifestyle should be getting checked regular even if they do play safe.

over a year ago

I visited the sexual health clinic in the last couple of weeks and the doctor told me I need to be tested 6 weeks to 3 months and that the clock starts again everytime I sleep with someone new.

He told me that being a swinger increases the risk of catching an sti to that relative to a sex worker.

Protection is a must.

It is fairly obvious that if you swing, you are increasing the amount of sexual partners you have and thus increase your risks of catching an sti.

over a year ago

"Everyone wants to know, but who would take part in any research into our community? Just look at all the Sydney university warnings "

Those warnings are a waste of space. Can you afford to sue them if they do use your pics. The forum advises that it cost fab extra for every quote and disclaimer

By *aughtypaulnwMan
over a year ago

Northwest

Always had regular tests when not in a relationship unless we swang and I've always touch wood (no pun) been ok. It's the only way to keep yourself and others safe, It's Immature And Dangerous to just ignore the potential risks of your chosen lifestyle

over a year ago

What are your thoughts? "

No shit Sherlock. They have more sex. Don't need a data survey to find that out.

What next people who drive cars more likely to crash than non car drivers?

F

F

over a year ago

There's quite a lot of research out there about STIs and the swinging community. Not a lot of large-scale studies but many exploratory and smaller scale work in the US and in Europe. It's easily finable via a search on google scholar.

In general the research is focused on identifying swingers as an at-risk group (they have been overlooked argues much of the research). In some research STI rates amongst swingers are higher than in the general population yet as a group they are rarely targeted with STI-prevention advice (which tends to be aimed at young people and the male gay community).

Dave

over a year ago

results just back from the clinic .....clear x

over a year ago

I've always got my stick of dynamite in my pocket.....it's gonna go boom soon I can feel it twitching!

over a year ago

Condoms do not protect you from every std out there..

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Tested every 28 days, if you are regularly meeting people playing safe and tests are a must.

Minimum should be 3 monthly but you'd be surprised by how many don't bother.

Post new Message to Thread