Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Why not compliment the guys?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Unless it's just me, it's rare for people to just come over and tell a guy he's gorgeous.

When I club as a guy no one comes over just to tell me I look great or compliments my bum, legs, tattoos, whatever.

As a girl they do constantly even if they're not interested.

Why can't we all just get over whatever stops us complimenting guys and just speak up?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Because you're gorgeous, I'd do anything for you

over a year ago

would a man see that as an invitation for more? I told a man at a course I was on that his aftershave smelt nice. He went all weird on me after. I said I just liked the smell I'm not coming on to you. he said it's unusual for a woman to compliment a man, so you're right there

over a year ago

I'm happy to chat to anyone when in a club, but some (not all) think it's an invitation and end up following like a puppy dog.

over a year ago

"would a man see that as an invitation for more? I told a man at a course I was on that his aftershave smelt nice. He went all weird on me after. I said I just liked the smell I'm not coming on to you. he said it's unusual for a woman to compliment a man, so you're right there "

Exactly this

over a year ago

So it's more to do with men's inability to just accept a compliment as nothing more than that?

By *ammykingMan
over a year ago

Aldershot

Maybe guys act a bit weird when you compliment them cause it happens so little that we dunno how to respond to it properly

over a year ago

I compliment men if i get the chance but normally they're too quick for me and hit on me first.

over a year ago

"So it's more to do with men's inability to just accept a compliment as nothing more than that?"

I would be very wary of approaching a man and telling him he has a lovely bum. I might say nice shirt if I'm chatting to someone but no body references, just in case they think I'm a floozy

over a year ago

It's strange that a woman will put herself close enough to a stranger to smell his aftershave usually.

Or that she will approach him "out in the open" for want of a better expression.

The flip side is that when a guy does it its normally seen as him having an ulterior motive.

over a year ago

"Maybe guys act a bit weird when you compliment them cause it happens so little that we dunno how to respond to it properly "

over a year ago

More the rarity of that happening.

Even if we cam as a couple I rarely got comments from women.

I don't blame women for it, it's understandable, most guys would follow you around for hours waiting to see if they could get some.

over a year ago

There really should be an edit button.

Get*

over a year ago

I got complemented last week by 2 girls, one said wow you got big muscles. I replied with thanks, although this was not in a club, just on the streets

over a year ago

I often message guys on here complimenting them on their pics, I rarely get a thank you though but hey ho, makes me feel good.

By *he horny kinkstersCouple
over a year ago

North West

I've had a few women compliment me on my aftershave out of the blue. (One in a supermarket queue) and I never took it to be any more than a nice compliment. If they'd wanted anything more from it I assume it would have developed into more of a conversation after I said thank you.

It's not happened in a club though but I wouldn't take that any differently.

And you don't have to be that close to get the odd waft of a smell.

By *he horny kinkstersCouple
over a year ago

North West

"I might say nice shirt if I'm chatting to someone..."

You floozy!

over a year ago

I would but I'm far too shy.

over a year ago

I get compliments all the time and I dont then think its ok to make a move lol!

over a year ago

I often slap a man's bum & say nice arse when I'm out.

over a year ago

A few days ago I told a young guy in vanilla land that he had lovely eyes! He was flattered but it ended there! I'd like to think I can compliment people in a way which doesn't make them think I'm coming on to them - as usually I'm not!! it's always lovely to receive a genuine compliment I think!

over a year ago

"I often slap a man's bum & say nice arse when I'm out."

I bet you do

over a year ago

"I might say nice shirt if I'm chatting to someone...

You floozy!"

Borderline public indecency

over a year ago

I wouldn't go up to a girl and tell her she had a nice bum, let alone a guy

over a year ago

"Unless it's just me, it's rare for people to just come over and tell a guy he's gorgeous.

When I club as a guy no one comes over just to tell me I look great or compliments my bum, legs, tattoos, whatever.

Why can't we all just get over whatever stops us complimenting guys and just speak up?"

I never compliment men because I think they won't want a compliment from me

I compliment women a lot though

By *rladytoyMan
over a year ago

plymouth

I don't get it?

My mum, nan auntie always tell me how handsome I am

over a year ago

"I don't get it?

My mum, nan auntie always tell me how handsome I am "

My nan always used to tell me I was beautiful sorry to burst your bubble but that's what nans do

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

One of my dancing chums is always telling women how sexy they are, and one day I took a leaf out of his book and told one guy I always thought was sexy as hell. He didn't think I was coming on to him but now he always greets me with a broad grin and gives me a lovely dance

over a year ago

Tony here.

Don't remember much in the way of compliments over the years, was one girl who just chatted normally for a little bit then said 'your dick's mine tonight' out of the blue.

I think we get our arses felt a lot, way more than we'd get away with haha.

Was one girl in a pub in Leeds, years ago called the Observatory, probably called something else now. Was on my way to the toilet and an absolutely stunning girl, way out of my league, was in front of me. I stopped jaw open and my eyes went up from her legs to her chest to her eyes and back to her (very ample) chest...she looked at me and shoved her tits in my face and waggled them haha. I just mouthed 'thank you' and carried on to the toilet. Lol, love moments like that.

over a year ago

In 45 years I've only been wolf whistled a couple of times as a guy.

I've been dressing for three and not gone out on the streets often but I've had loads.

I love the attention dressing as a girl brings me, I just wish it was the same as a guy.

over a year ago

"Unless it's just me, it's rare for people to just come over and tell a guy he's gorgeous.

Why can't we all just get over whatever stops us complimenting guys and just speak up?"

Because most men don't want to put their clock up mens bums

over a year ago

Good point OP, you've got me thinking now. I do compliment women but can't think of when I've done the same with a guy. I think I'd be worried that they would think I was trying to chat them up and be disgusted at me.

I shall make an effort to compliment some men.

over a year ago

Why can't we all just get over whatever stops us complimenting guys and just speak up?

Because most men don't want to put their clock up mens bums"

Eh? The clock typo aside,,,, what on earth are you on about?

over a year ago

"In 45 years I've only been wolf whistled a couple of times as a guy.

I've been dressing for three and not gone out on the streets often but I've had loads.

I love the attention dressing as a girl brings me, I just wish it was the same as a guy. "

If I see a tv/ cd/ ts (not sure of the correct term as it depends on each person and what they identify as) out and about, I always make a point of making eye contact and smiling. Not a compliment I know, but where I live any hint of LGBT is pretty much alien to the general population. You can almost feel the uncomfortable silence following them around.

So hopefully my smile helps. Even just a tiny bit. Hope that makes sense. x

over a year ago

It does. That's nice to know that there are people like you out there Scarlet.

By *lappyMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Lets all feel the love

over a year ago

"would a man see that as an invitation for more? I told a man at a course I was on that his aftershave smelt nice. He went all weird on me after. I said I just liked the smell I'm not coming on to you. he said it's unusual for a woman to compliment a man, so you're right there "

Pretty sure that's why.

I promise not to get weird if you compliment me though

over a year ago

Because most men don't want to put their clock up mens bums

Eh? The clock typo aside,,,, what on earth are you on about? "

Because the reason most men walk up and randomly compliment women is because they want to get laid . So they don't do it to men because the vat majority are straight.

Women don't tend to because it's. Seen as an invitation or leading a guy on

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Because most men don't want to put their clock up mens bums"

Be rather tricky when they wanted to check the time.

Great typo!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

I'll often compliment men but usually those I know in some way, like work colleagues, Mr B's friends etc. It's not usually about their actual looks, more things like that colour suits you or your hair looks good like that etc.

On here or at parties/meets I have no problem giving men genuine compliments.

I don't feel comfortable or confident enough to give them to random strangers, while out and about. They would probably think I was a bit weird or after something.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"So it's more to do with men's inability to just accept a compliment as nothing more than that?"

If someone complimented me, I'd be thinking 'why are they saying that?' maybe an odd thing to thin as I'm quite body confident. Maybe 'body realistic' is more accurate. I just don't beleive people when I get compliments. I've had 7.

over a year ago

"So it's more to do with men's inability to just accept a compliment as nothing more than that?

If someone complimented me, I'd be thinking 'why are they saying that?' maybe an odd thing to thin as I'm quite body confident. Maybe 'body realistic' is more accurate. I just don't beleive people when I get compliments. I've had 7. "

Nice bum. 8

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

"So it's more to do with men's inability to just accept a compliment as nothing more than that?

If someone complimented me, I'd be thinking 'why are they saying that?' maybe an odd thing to thin as I'm quite body confident. Maybe 'body realistic' is more accurate. I just don't beleive people when I get compliments. I've had 7. "

Now 8...

You have a lovely bum! Im saying it because I've perved it often enough to know.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

Too slow again... Make that 9 Steve

over a year ago

Come on. Try to keep up

By *lewelyn23Man
over a year ago

swansea

From experience I think it's due to the majority of men nowadays see a compliment from the fairer sex as their cue to go further, which I can imagine would dissuade a lot of women from bothering if they thought it would bring unwanted attention,

Post new Message to Thread