Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

CAPITALS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

does anyone else get put off a profile when THEY WRITE LIKE THIS!!!!!

I'm not sure it deters the idiots but in any event to me I think it makes people look very aggressive and is quite a put off

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, COMPLETELY AGREE

By *ll-Knight-longMan
over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

Paris London Moscow Dublin.....sorry it's just too much work writing in Capitals....Can't remember them all

over a year ago

HUGELY OFF PUTTING

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I NEED THE CAPTIALS. IM A BIT DEAF.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"HUGELY OFF PUTTING "

WHAT DID YOU SAY ?

over a year ago

"Paris London Moscow Dublin.....sorry it's just too much work writing in Capitals....Can't remember them all "

I was going to try and construct a sentence using capitals then but far too hungover

anyway I MOSCOW ......

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

"I NEED THE CAPTIALS. IM A BIT DEAF. "

PARDON ?

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

Shouty capitals frighten my eyes..... even my brain reads it in a loud voice

over a year ago

"Paris London Moscow Dublin.....sorry it's just too much work writing in Capitals....Can't remember them all

I was going to try and construct a sentence using capitals then but far too hungover

anyway I MOSCOW ...... "

It's just DUBLIN the annoyance

over a year ago

"Paris London Moscow Dublin.....sorry it's just too much work writing in Capitals....Can't remember them all

anyway I MOSCOW ......

It's just DUBLIN the annoyance "

I can sign off now as someone finally commented on my joke!

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Writing in capitals defeats the point they are trying to make as it's very difficult to read single sentences in capitals let alone the whole profile. Have you not noticed that road signs that need you to be able to read in a few seconds only have the first word in capitals.

over a year ago

My eyes glaze over and I don't read anything in capitals

over a year ago

"Writing in capitals defeats the point they are trying to make as it's very difficult to read single sentences in capitals let alone the whole profile. Have you not noticed that road signs that need you to be able to read in a few seconds only have the first word in capitals. "

It's because your brain cheats. It learns to recognise the shape of the word like a picture rather than Reading each letter individually.

But you rarely have experience reading words in capitals so it has to resort to checking the letters

there's some good examples where as long as the first and last letters are right and the shape is roughly right you can read perfectly well what's essentially gibberish

Example stolen from wiki

"I cdn'uolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg: the phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rseearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Scuh a cdonition is arppoiatrely cllaed Typoglycemia .

over a year ago

Good point and have just made a minor adjustment to our profile based on this thread.

over a year ago

"Good point and have just made a minor adjustment to our profile based on this thread."

The bracketing with astrixes (how the hell do you spell that?) is definitely the best way to draw attention to a specific line like you have with your rules heading.

over a year ago

The use of capitals attracts idiots.

Post new Message to Thread