Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Coil is driving me crazy....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, I had my IUD fitted 3 weeks ago and have bled everyday since! Any other women experienced the same? When will it stop? Sex life has came to a halt which is frustrating the life out of me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Everyone's different.

I bled for a month and then intermittently for the next 6 months which was a right pain as previously I had very light regular periods.

I would say it too the best part of a year to be 100% settled.

Mine is due for renewal next year I'm not too sure whether I'll have it re fitted.

over a year ago

My hubby was sure he could feel something when we had sex when I had my coil. I had it removed and opted for sterilisation.

over a year ago

It can take a few months for things to stabilize. But imo it's worth it as I've not had to think about it for 5 years. I'm due to have mine replaced at the end of this year and for a few months of upheaval in my mind it's worth it. Everyone is different though.

over a year ago

I had mine fitted nearly 2 years and best thing I have done. Settled down after a few weeks. But nothing since. Hope it's settles down soon xx

over a year ago

Thank you everyone. This is my second one, other in for 8 years with no problems, I stupidly had it removed to take the mini pill but that caused me to have terrible skin and migraine and didn't stop my periods which was my aim

Fingers crossed it'll settle soon.

over a year ago

Yay!! It's suddenly stopped!

Cock come at me

By *tmmCouple
over a year ago

harlow

I love mine. Had like 2 days of cramps and bleeding when I had it fitted/changed over and then hardly anything since.

But as with all things some work better for some than others.

over a year ago

"I love mine. Had like 2 days of cramps and bleeding when I had it fitted/changed over and then hardly anything since.

But as with all things some work better for some than others."

Fingers crossed a turn for the better. No pun

over a year ago

"Yay!! It's suddenly stopped!

Cock come at me "

Hahahahaha....enjoy!!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I had mine installed because of very heavy constant bleeding. It took a while to settle but all good now

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Yay!! It's suddenly stopped!

Cock come at me "

Lol!

By *incs.cpl1Couple
over a year ago

Holton le Clay near Cleethorpes

Can I just ask which coil did you have fitted was it the copper or mirena coil. Reason I'm asking is that I'm due to have the mirena coil fitted in a few days.

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman
over a year ago

nottingham

I had the mirena fitted last year, first 3 months were pretty rough non stop vicious cramps and spotting but then it settled down and no problems since

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I have the merina, no problems with it

over a year ago

I have coil T-Safe non hormonal had it fitted about 6mths ago. Thinking of having it removed as have really bad cramps and am on monthly now for 1wk where use to be only three days and no cramps.

Was wanting to be sterilised as have 2 teens but not sure now as have seen a lot of pregnant women about and babies, getting me broody and also once been sterilised done can't be reversed, just don't want to regret having it done!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I had the Mirena but insisted after 9 month they take the thing out or I would do it myself.

It messed my cycle up so bad that I was NOT bleeding for 6-7 days of the month instead of the other way round, blinding headaches and exhaustion among other things. Hated it with a passion!

over a year ago

Mirena works fine for me - once it settles! Although this can be a bit of a pain at the beginning (with the odd 'pink' day for me) I think it is well worth the initial pain of having it put in x

Sara

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

I'm nearly 4 months in to this one and I think it's a duff model! I'm bleeding for weeks on end which is just rubbish. I've had 3 before with no problems grrrrr

Have a gynae appointment in a month and may of for the ablation and sterilisation.

Fed up now

Hope yours settles soon

T xx

over a year ago

I had a Mirena fitted 5 years ago. No problems at all and it has stopped the almost constant heavy bleeding. Its been like a new lease of life. I had thought my only option was going to be full hysterectomy.

over a year ago

Mirena works well for me! Bleeding was all over the place for 5 months but now nothing xx

over a year ago

Ye I could feel my exes I swear thats how they really work by stabbing you in the cock

By *incs.cpl1Couple
over a year ago

Thanks just been thinking about having the mirena, about as many love it as hate it by looks of it.

over a year ago

"Thanks just been thinking about having the mirena, about as many love it as hate it by looks of it."

It just depends on your body and how you react to it.....mine is "missing" in that it is still in there but the strings are nowhere to be seen. I've had a scan just to check, that's how I know.....i need to have it changed in october so should be fun

over a year ago

Ive had 2 Mirenas and the 1st hubbie could feel the strings but this 1 he can't! Think it depends on who puts it in!

I had only heard bad things about it so I refused to have 1 for 18 months then it was the last resort so I agreed to a 6 month trial.....now I wish I'd had it earlier!

over a year ago

First Mirena I didn't have any problems, second one made me bleed every day for 6 months. I had it taken out 2 weeks ago. I think give it as long as you can to let it settle down but I got to the point where it was literally affecting every aspect of my life with pain and inconvenience etc.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Ye I could feel my exes I swear thats how they really work by stabbing you in the cock "

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"Ye I could feel my exes I swear thats how they really work by stabbing you in the cock

"

Hubby Dislodged My Coil Twice and we ended up pulling it out !!

over a year ago

Wow. I'm in exactly the same situation. I had mine fitted two weeks ago. I haven't stopped bleeding since.

over a year ago

"Wow. I'm in exactly the same situation. I had mine fitted two weeks ago. I haven't stopped bleeding since."

I bled every 2 weeks for about 10 days at a time for 5 months but then it just stopped! So for me if there's no bleeding for 5 years I dont mind the first few months so much xx

over a year ago

"Wow. I'm in exactly the same situation. I had mine fitted two weeks ago. I haven't stopped bleeding since.

I bled every 2 weeks for about 10 days at a time for 5 months but then it just stopped! So for me if there's no bleeding for 5 years I dont mind the first few months so much xx "

That's ace. Five years no bleeding. I had one before and only bled for a couple of days only. But it fell out. Hence my new one.

By *incs.cpl1Couple
over a year ago

Haha that's funny

By *incs.cpl1Couple
over a year ago

You pulled it out yourself?.... Eek lol

over a year ago

"Ye I could feel my exes I swear thats how they really work by stabbing you in the cock

Hubby Dislodged My Coil Twice and we ended up pulling it out !! "

Surely it can't have been fitted properly in the 1st place, unless he tugged on the strings....

By *incs.cpl1Couple
over a year ago

It's good to hear the different real views on this, so thanks all. X

So my next question is, while you have the coil can you still get something to stop the bleeding if need be, I mean for holidays etc? Although I only tried this once years ago and spent my whole holiday bleeding anyway then nothing for 3 months! But would try again if need be.

over a year ago

I don't think so and for the first 6 months you can just get bleeds anytime

over a year ago

Be careful also as to whom you play with, I had a bad experience with a lovely woman with a coil, during sex I dislogged it and she had problems for weeks after and ended up having to have it removed

over a year ago

After the initial cramps and 3 weeks of bleeding I'm feeling positive. No pain and it has totally stopped, plus bonus of putting birth control to the back of my mind. Obviously safe sex with strangers but does take the pressure off the falling pregnant with my partner.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"

Hubby Dislodged My Coil Twice and we ended up pulling it out !!

Surely it can't have been fitted properly in the 1st place, unless he tugged on the strings.... "

I Did Say that he Dislodged it Twice.. So maybe it wasn't Fitted Properly Twice..

Post new Message to Thread