Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Dealing with no shows

Jump to newest

By *ere-for-my-convenience OP   Woman
over a year ago

West Midlands

ok so no names can be mentioned obviusly. this isnt about that. i have in recent weeks been left out of pocket to the tune of almost a hundred pounds by paying for transport ONLY in Worcester mind you to visit people who think its ok to simply be a nusance by not being truthful in their intentions to meet. so my point is this. I know report such events to the site admin team because I am fed up of it and I will strongly advise others to do the same. Thats all.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fuck that. Meet in local cafe/pub. I wouldn't meet anyone I had to travel to without meeting socially first. Sorry for your inconvenience though

Reply privately

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

Don't travel so far next time

Reply privately

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I know it is often said, but the whole no show concept is just weird - I mean, I understand that it happens, and probably all the reasons why - but it is still strange.

Good luck in the future.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I tend to be lucky in a sense guys come to me so I don't travel that much tbh.

Can you not host OP that way nothing ventured nothing gained. x

Reply privately

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Fuck that. Meet in local cafe/pub. I wouldn't meet anyone I had to travel to without meeting socially first. Sorry for your inconvenience though "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fuck that. Meet in local cafe/pub. I wouldn't meet anyone I had to travel to without meeting socially first. Sorry for your inconvenience though "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Complains about transport costs, has status asking for free lifts.

Gotta love this place

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thats the risk you take on this site.

If I'm going to travel that sort of distance you can bet my last quid we'd been chatting for a fair amount of time first.

I wouldn't expect anyone to do the same for me without checking me out properly either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Complains about transport costs, has status asking for free lifts.

Gotta love this place"

Probably because she's short of money after all the no show's wasting it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I won't meet anyone for the first time now where it involves me going too far out of my way, having been stung once by a no show when I was first on here.

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

Got the runaround last night from a couple. Claimed they wanted a group meet so off i went. Gave me the street name and would give house number once i was in street and once there were 3 guys there. Appeared to be another couple of guys lingering so awaiting house number. Eventually they reply to message saying I was the only 1 there and mrs didnt just want to meet 1 so meet was off. A wee while later theyve got status saying 12 guys saying theyd come and only 1 showed. Waste of time, sticking to fems and couples they say.

Whats a waste of time is reporting it to admin as nothing seems to be done about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never go out of my way for a first meet, its always a social and generally in a coffee shop of a morning when I'd be there in my break anyway so if someone decides to no show its really not a problem.

Reply privately

By *now white1000Woman
over a year ago

York

there are ways to lessen the chances of wasted trips.

only meet people with veri's you can read, veri them on cam, quick phone call 'just so you both have the correct number'

and on top of all that, arrange a back up plan, like if for example i head to manchester from york, is there something i can do in manchester if my meet is a no show, like cinema, swingers club, etc, at least then the trip is not a total waste.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"there are ways to lessen the chances of wasted trips.

only meet people with veri's you can read, veri them on cam, quick phone call 'just so you both have the correct number'

and on top of all that, arrange a back up plan, like if for example i head to manchester from york, is there something i can do in manchester if my meet is a no show, like cinema, swingers club, etc, at least then the trip is not a total waste."

While I think that's all decent advice, going by your first paragraph I'd be a fake/no show/time waster because I won't do any of those things.

Reply privately

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

and what do u think they'll do ..i dont think theyre too worried tbh

next time try and keep it local ..saves a lot of hassle and expense

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Got the runaround last night from a couple. Claimed they wanted a group meet so off i went. Gave me the street name and would give house number once i was in street and once there were 3 guys there. Appeared to be another couple of guys lingering so awaiting house number. Eventually they reply to message saying I was the only 1 there and mrs didnt just want to meet 1 so meet was off. A wee while later theyve got status saying 12 guys saying theyd come and only 1 showed. Waste of time, sticking to fems and couples they say.

Whats a waste of time is reporting it to admin as nothing seems to be done about it."

I wouldnt leave my house if full address wasnt given

Reply privately

over a year ago

This.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"there are ways to lessen the chances of wasted trips.

and on top of all that, arrange a back up plan, like if for example i head to manchester from york, is there something i can do in manchester if my meet is a no show, like cinema, swingers club, etc, at least then the trip is not a total waste."

I always have a back up plan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll happily travel to meet people, but I'd never do so unless I was 100% sure that everything was good to go. I've never been stung yet. Instincts are a wonderful thing - use them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'll happily travel to meet people, but I'd never do so unless I was 100% sure that everything was good to go. I've never been stung yet. Instincts are a wonderful thing - use them. "

in over six years I haven't been stood up due to my gut instincts. I've sensed when I'm being fucked over. Confirmed by lack of confirmation by the guy, I haven't got ready let alone left my house.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry you've experienced this though. There are some real twats out there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'll happily travel to meet people, but I'd never do so unless I was 100% sure that everything was good to go. I've never been stung yet. Instincts are a wonderful thing - use them. "

I've been stung once a while back.

But I should have seen it coming.

I was thinking with my dick and not my brain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know it is often said, but the whole no show concept is just weird - I mean, I understand that it happens, and probably all the reasons why - but it is still strange.

Good luck in the future. "

The no showers get the kick out of arranging, looking at pictures even chatting on the telephone but a life 1:1 meet no way... They will arrange but not show - that is their "sex kick"

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

If we're travelling its because we're going to a club,party or meeting someone we already know really well

I won't travel any great distance to meet anyone I have never met before

Reply privately

By *ch WellMan
over a year ago

Scotland

"Got the runaround last night from a couple. Claimed they wanted a group meet so off i went. Gave me the street name and would give house number once i was in street and once there were 3 guys there. Appeared to be another couple of guys lingering so awaiting house number. Eventually they reply to message saying I was the only 1 there and mrs didnt just want to meet 1 so meet was off. A wee while later theyve got status saying 12 guys saying theyd come and only 1 showed. Waste of time, sticking to fems and couples they say.

Whats a waste of time is reporting it to admin as nothing seems to be done about it.

I wouldnt leave my house if full address wasnt given"

I know. Took a chance tho as fortunately it wasn't far away.

Reply privately

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I must be a bit old fashioned because I would never expect a woman to travel to meet me for the first time, I would be the one who went out of my way to meet them….. but only after I was 100% sure, after chatting on phone etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have suffered no shows several times.

By far the worst was a meet at a pub,I don't know for sure but there were two woman there neither of which looked like the person I was supposed to meet,but they kept looking at me and gigling to each other! So I suspect it was them getting a kick out of it.

Reply privately

By *rtemisiaWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

"I tend to be lucky in a sense guys come to me so I don't travel that much tbh.

Can you not host OP that way nothing ventured nothing gained. x"

This

Reply privately

By *ill4cherMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"If I'm going to travel that sort of distance you can bet my last quid we'd been chatting for a fair amount of time first."

With the distance from your location, I don't wonder!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Complains about transport costs, has status asking for free lifts.

Gotta love this place"

This.

Reply privately

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

[Removed by poster at 25/04/15 13:55:32]

Reply privately

over a year ago

This.

Reply privately

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"I never go out of my way for a first meet, its always a social and generally in a coffee shop of a morning when I'd be there in my break anyway so if someone decides to no show its really not a problem. "

We had 2 of these arranged this week and neither turned up. 1 made a "not in area on work purposes now" excuse and then was asking for a meet on his profile in the town! But we weren't out of pocket, just inconvenienced. Chameleons this week so hopefully a more reliable bet

Reply privately

over a year ago

I meet in clubs easier if they don't want to meet there not my issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I meet in clubs easier if they don't want to meet there not my issue. "

Reply privately

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

Yep that's our new mantra!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ok so no names can be mentioned obviusly. this isnt about that. i have in recent weeks been left out of pocket to the tune of almost a hundred pounds by paying for transport ONLY in Worcester mind you to visit people who think its ok to simply be a nusance by not being truthful in their intentions to meet. so my point is this. I know report such events to the site admin team because I am fed up of it and I will strongly advise others to do the same. Thats all."

I'm

Confused. So you paid them to come see you?

Or you paid to go out and the meets wasn't as expected?

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

My issue is this

I'm disabled

Walking any distance leaves me in severe pain

So to meet people actually involves traveling to the town because I don't want them turning up at mine

So any pub or coffee shop involves a bus trip

And that's OK

I don't mind that

But when I've paid to visit a house or hotel and they don't answer the door, theirs no one there, or the wrong person is there. That's why I get annoyed because it costs me money and I get nothing in return

So now I'll always report as a no show

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My issue is this

I'm disabled

Walking any distance leaves me in severe pain

So to meet people actually involves traveling to the town because I don't want them turning up at mine

So any pub or coffee shop involves a bus trip

And that's OK

I don't mind that

But when I've paid to visit a house or hotel and they don't answer the door, theirs no one there, or the wrong person is there. That's why I get annoyed because it costs me money and I get nothing in return

So now I'll always report as a no show "

A lot more clearer thanks

No shows report and block

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

If only there were a club in Worcester I'd be there most nights lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I meet in clubs easier if they don't want to meet there not my issue.

If only there were a club in Worcester I'd be there most nights lol "

That's the issue.

I only meet occasionally and I live 10 mins away from xtasia

Reply privately

over a year ago

my advice is to do what i am doing go to a swingers club that way if they dont turn up you can still have fun

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

"my advice is to do what i am doing go to a swingers club that way if they dont turn up you can still have fun "

I would but my severe memory loss makes driving away from home rather difficult

I once was a member of four swingers clubs and was in clubs more often than I was home

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ok so no names can be mentioned obviusly. this isnt about that. i have in recent weeks been left out of pocket to the tune of almost a hundred pounds by paying for transport ONLY in Worcester mind you to visit people who think its ok to simply be a nusance by not being truthful in their intentions to meet. so my point is this. I know report such events to the site admin team because I am fed up of it and I will strongly advise others to do the same. Thats all."

I'm sorry to hear that. We all know this happens way too much. And for every good, honest pervert there's 3 twannies pissing people about. I think a 3 strikes and you're off the site rule would be good. But in practice, wouldn't change a thing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ok so no names can be mentioned obviusly. this isnt about that. i have in recent weeks been left out of pocket to the tune of almost a hundred pounds by paying for transport ONLY in Worcester mind you to visit people who think its ok to simply be a nusance by not being truthful in their intentions to meet. so my point is this. I know report such events to the site admin team because I am fed up of it and I will strongly advise others to do the same. Thats all.

I'm sorry to hear that. We all know this happens way too much. And for every good, honest pervert there's 3 twannies pissing people about. I think a 3 strikes and you're off the site rule would be good. But in practice, wouldn't change a thing."

what would stop a group ofm people who dont like another all dropping 3 fake reports?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never travel for meets either. Not been let down too much, plus i stay on here chatting to other guys coz if someone doesn't turn up i can arrange something with one or two of those guys.

I'm usually planning my next meet as a meet is on his way up anyway.

I'll turn up though, looking forward to it Evie.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im amazed people dont show for a meet...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Im amazed people dont show for a meet..."

All too often! There is a sad element in this community that get their kicks by messing other about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

I was recently let down by someone offering me a lift 12 miles back to Worcester from the motorway services

Now he turned up

Did the thing

Said I'll just pull the car around closer

And left me there stranded

Now I absolutely knew that someone else would offer me a lift eventually and someone else did

And it turned Out that my rescuer was an old friend anyway

So much good came out of it

I'm just lucky that way

But what a bag of shite to leave me stranded with no transport

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was recently let down by someone offering me a lift 12 miles back to Worcester from the motorway services

Now he turned up

Did the thing

Now I absolutely knew that someone else would offer me a lift eventually and someone else did

I'm just lucky that way

But what a bag of shite to leave me stranded with no transport "

I'll be honest more fool you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"my advice is to do what i am doing go to a swingers club that way if they dont turn up you can still have fun "

I tend to look some good roads up near by if they cancel fuck it I have a good blast on the bike on some new roads ^_^

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

"I was recently let down by someone offering me a lift 12 miles back to Worcester from the motorway services

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

"

No because I knew a Worcester friend would collect me

I'm a person who thinks the best of people until proven otherwise

I'd rather think that way quite frankly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

"

I would go nowhere with anyone if I did not have the cash to get home.

And u wonder how u get many no shoes.

Think classy not trashy

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy "

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And people should do what they Say they will

How is it my fault when people lie

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kinda stinks of using the other guy though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends "

Judging on the amount of free lifts u need really

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Kinda stinks of using the other guy though. "

U saw it too. Thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

Judging on the amount of free lifts u need really "

New friends offer new friends a lift

So what of it

I hitch a lot

Always have done for 30 years

So what

Just because it's different to the way you operate doesn't mean your way is better than mine

Reply privately

over a year ago

In exchange for sexual acts...I'm sure there's a word for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In exchange for sexual acts...I'm sure there's a word for that."

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

Just because it's different to the way you operate doesn't mean your way is better than mine

"

No I don't get in strangers cars who leave me at services

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is internet gold...

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

"

Oh well Dear

You haven't lived lol

I have faith in the humanity of people

Others don't

I have a great life

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

Oh well Dear

You haven't lived lol

Others don't

I have a great life

"

No I value living and not bring any Tom dick or Harry's piece of meat

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

Oh well Dear

You haven't lived lol

Others don't

I have a great life

No I value living and not bring any Tom dick or Harry's piece of meat "

Haha your so funny

Not and judgemental

I turn people down all day every day

So ner ner

And your nastiness says more about you than it ever could about me dear

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

Oh well Dear

You haven't lived lol

Others don't

I have a great life

Haha your so funny

Not and judgemental

So ner ner

And your nastiness says more about you than it ever could about me dear "

Me nasty god I wish.

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

Now he turned up

Did the thing

I'm just lucky that way

Think classy not trashy

I don't agree

I like the way I operate

And I didn't need money

I've got superb friends

So what of it

I hitch a lot

So what

Oh well Dear

You haven't lived lol

Others don't

I have a great life

Haha your so funny

Not and judgemental

So ner ner

And your nastiness says more about you than it ever could about me dear

Me nasty god I wish. "

I wish you weren't Actually!

If I'm honest suggested I'll do just any Tom Dick and Harry and not for the first time I must add

And forum rules state it's no place for personal grudges

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have no grudges just an opinion nothing else

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

"I have no grudges just an opinion nothing else "

I don't agree

And your opinion isn't an opinion when it's quite Clearly a lie

I don't meet all who ask or indeed just anyone

Otherwise my verifications would be in the 100's by now and proudly displayed

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'll happily travel to meet people, but I'd never do so unless I was 100% sure that everything was good to go. I've never been stung yet. Instincts are a wonderful thing - use them.

in over six years I haven't been stood up due to my gut instincts. I've sensed when I'm being fucked over. Confirmed by lack of confirmation by the guy, I haven't got ready let alone left my house. "

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

"I'll happily travel to meet people, but I'd never do so unless I was 100% sure that everything was good to go. I've never been stung yet. Instincts are a wonderful thing - use them.

in over six years I haven't been stood up due to my gut instincts. I've sensed when I'm being fucked over. Confirmed by lack of confirmation by the guy, I haven't got ready let alone left my house.

This "

That's great really

And it's clearly the sensible approach obviously

I'm just that much more adventurous

Because I know I'll get home or someone else to play

So I'm not even disappointed if they don't show up because I always have multiple options

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP. If you are still wondering why you keep getting stood up, read what you are writing in this thread.

Because seriously there is a clue in it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

"OP. If you are still wondering why you keep getting stood up, read what you are writing in this thread.

Because seriously there is a clue in it. "

What utter rubbish

I do Ok

And it's not even every day

And let's be clear

A lot of these people are clearly Fantasists and Liars who would do the same to anyone else

And besides which

I've got 60+ verifications off people who do show up who know me

And like me because they've met me

And not taken a dislike to me in the forums like you

So get real

And go pick on someone else

Because it's boring you picking in me

Ok

Got it

Good!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/04/15 19:01:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP. If you are still wondering why you keep getting stood up, read what you are writing in this thread.

What utter rubbish

I do Ok

And let's be clear

A lot of these people are clearly Fantasists and Liars who would do the same to anyone else

And besides which

So get real

Ok

Got it

Good! "

I've not taken a dislike to you.

I am just pointing something out.

And on that note. ..and.... I'm.... out.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

West Midlands

What utter rubbish

I do Ok

And let's be clear

And besides which

So get real

Ok

Got it

Good!

I wish you the very best of luck. "

Yes you have

You blocked me

I've never sent you a message ever

Blocking people means you dislike them

I'm not an idiot

Make no mistake about that

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are less than 10 people on my block list I can only assume I must have had a reason for doing so at the time.

Reply privately

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

What utter rubbish

I do Ok

And let's be clear

And besides which

So get real

Ok

Got it

Good!

I wish you the very best of luck.

Yes you have

You blocked me

I've never sent you a message ever

Blocking people means you dislike them

I'm not an idiot

Make no mistake about that"

Blocking someone does not mean you/they dislike the other person it's a tool on the site to be used for various reasons

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

What utter rubbish

I do Ok

And let's be clear

And besides which

So get real

Ok

Got it

Good!

I wish you the very best of luck. "

I don't think you were ever in

Reply privately