Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What's in a profile name?

Jump to newest

By *ocoTemptation OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Just thinking out loud here and making an interesting observation. Coming from a little bit of a business background my mindset tends to be, how can I best market myself. As one of soooo many single guys on here I thought how can I best get myself noticed?

So I set up two profiles. Both with very similar content but very different names. This one

BlackDom4CuckoldCpl

In your face perhaps even aggressive sounding

and

DarkKnightLondon

Of the two I thought DarkKnightLondon sounded cooler and more mainstream but it is BlackDom4CuckoldCpl that gets all the attention. More viewers in a day than the other gets in a week. Very surprising, well for me anyway......

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

why not just have one profile ? with a basic name...lol

over a year ago

Maybe your "DarkKnightLondon" profile attracts more people that like to set there privacy preferences to "not show" on look at me list?

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

I think u r over thinking it lol

To me the name isnt generally a draw at all

over a year ago

Judging by some of the profiles on here, there is a liberal use of "poetic licence".

over a year ago

london

Hi that is kind of why I created DarkKnightLondon which I think is quite basic sounding. When at parties people sometimes pulled a face when I told them BlackDom.... was my profile name. So I thought hmm does it have the marmite love it or hate it effect?

over a year ago

london

Oh I am always over thinking. That's why I write blogs. When a thought pops into my head I have to pen it to get it out of my system lol

By *4nc3rCouple
over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I don't know about the others, but I agree on the name thing!

I often look at people's screen names and decide whether I even wanna look at their profile... Personally I don't normally bother looking at profiles from people with ridiculously crude names or anyone with the words "dirty" - it might be a term used in sexual content but it still makes my skin crawl personally and takes a lot for me to get past that lol

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Just thinking out loud here and making an interesting observation. Coming from a little bit of a business background my mindset tends to be, how can I best market myself. As one of soooo many single guys on here I thought how can I best get myself noticed?

So I set up two profiles. Both with very similar content but very different names. This one

BlackDom4CuckoldCpl

In your face perhaps even aggressive sounding

and

DarkKnightLondon

Of the two I thought DarkKnightLondon sounded cooler and more mainstream but it is BlackDom4CuckoldCpl that gets all the attention. More viewers in a day than the other gets in a week. Very surprising, well for me anyway......"

I guess there's a pretty simple explanation!

One will appeal to those that are cuckold couples looking for a black dom.

The other will appeal more to those looking for a black male.

Profile names will either not bother people at all, appeal to a specific target audience, or put people off if they find it offensive, laughable or simply not what they're looking for.

Many will use a profile name as a filter. It really is as simple as that!

A

over a year ago

I think it's really interesting OP. There are profile names that put me off too. I changed my name a few months ago and there's been a downturn in the messages I receive. That's not a bad thing though!

over a year ago

Darknightlondon sounds a little too batman for me but as it isn't targeted at me it doesn't matter

over a year ago

"Darknightlondon sounds a little too batman for me but as it isn't targeted at me it doesn't matter "

I actually prefer that name. Love those films

over a year ago

I like piss take names, plus if people know who roger melly is it means they likely to share my sense of humour, and that's not to be under estimated on fab

By *um4usbothCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

I like our profile name, its explicit and tells you exactly what we want without any explaining.

By *um4usbothCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I like our profile name, its explicit and tells you exactly what we want without any explaining. "

Simple and to the point come fill us both

By *um4usbothCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I think it's really interesting OP. There are profile names that put me off too. I changed my name a few months ago and there's been a downturn in the messages I receive. That's not a bad thing though! "
I changed my single profile name because of the confusion in chat rooms, too many with similar sounding names

over a year ago

I do look at a name and quite often dont even read messages from some. But then i also look at profile pics and those without i tend not to answer either

over a year ago

Mine is easy to imagine .....ha

By *ILLY aka SirslagWoman
over a year ago

Land of the Prince Bishops

Also has two profiles

GILLY aka Sirslag and

Sir and Sirslag but its the GILLY profile that gets all the attention ...

over a year ago

Your dom name wouldn't appeal to me as your after cuckold if I didnt know you( did meet you socially at a party 18 months ago and know your a nice guy)

Your knight name would be more appealing to me

with me I was bigbumwoman a year ago, I Couldn't handle the attention I was one of those woman had too many messages lol

since changing my name to adores blackman I can handle my profile lol absolutely love the name, it gives a clue to what I like, I'm messaged by men, couples and woman who have same interests as me and would never go back

over a year ago

"Also has two profiles

GILLY aka Sirslag and

Sir and Sirslag but its the GILLY profile that gets all the attention ..."

I sent you a message ages ago lol

It says just introducing myself ...now you read it I can get some peace ha xxx

By *ozzy87Man
over a year ago

Crawley

Letters and numbers usually.

over a year ago

Mine is pretty self explanatory too lol

Not sure if it puts anyone off tho

over a year ago

Can't get more basic than mine,get nice comments for it as well......

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Ours is pretty self explanatory with us being originally from the bdsm scene and a Dom /switch couple . It's just which one is heaven & which one is hell ?

Post new Message to Thread