Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Won't meet unless verified

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do so many of you say you won't meet someone unless they are verified?

You would trust the verification from a stranger? How do you cope in real life without strangers there to hold your hand?

Use your common sense! How are new people ever going to get verified if most people on here won't even consider them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

It's a little thing called personal choice and preferences. We all have them, if you don't agree with someones preferences then avoid them. Simple

As for not getting verified if no one will meet, there are loads of ways. I went in the chat room on cam and got a verification to say that I am actually a female and not a guy pretending. I followed it up with a visit to a club which got me meet in person veri's. There are always ways of getting that first veri without having to have a one to one meet.

Finally you ask about how we function in day to day life without strangers verification of others. My answer to thia is simple. Meeting people in day to day life and for business reasons is a hell of a lot less risky than meeting strangers for sex

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"It's a little thing called personal choice and preferences. We all have them, if you don't agree with someones preferences then avoid them. Simple

As for not getting verified if no one will meet, there are loads of ways. I went in the chat room on cam and got a verification to say that I am actually a female and not a guy pretending. I followed it up with a visit to a club which got me meet in person veri's. There are always ways of getting that first veri without having to have a one to one meet.

Finally you ask about how we function in day to day life without strangers verification of others. My answer to thia is simple. Meeting people in day to day life and for business reasons is a hell of a lot less risky than meeting strangers for sex"

Safety first better to be safe than sorry.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Why do so many of you say you won't meet someone unless they are verified?

You would trust the verification from a stranger? How do you cope in real life without strangers there to hold your hand?

Use your common sense! How are new people ever going to get verified if most people on here won't even consider them?

"

Surprised to hear you say that. You usually recognise that what people do here is entirely down to personal choice.

This issue is no different.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's a little thing called personal choice and preferences. We all have them, if you don't agree with someones preferences then avoid them. Simple

Finally you ask about how we function in day to day life without strangers verification of others. My answer to thia is simple. Meeting people in day to day life and for business reasons is a hell of a lot less risky than meeting strangers for sex"

Ever considered that there are plenty of people out there that don't verify?

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Its quite a simple answer; because they want to do that

over a year ago

Fab cliché no. 1 applies.

Let others more desperate take the risk first. Don't trust WebCam veris either, or "Straight" men with men veris.

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

"

Very good point. We all have to start somewhere. We wouldn't want to tar everyone with the same brush but from our own experience it's the non verified people that let us down.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I understand we all start somewhere and dont really have a problem with new members not being verified. Its the ones that have been here over a year and unverified that kinda ring a bit of a alarm bell. Afterall, there are plenty of socials and things to get verified from.

Ive also used verifications by meet as a indicator that people have turned up. But after being let down 3 times over the past few days by verified members, im starting to question this.

It could of course just be my bad choice of potential meets.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/04/15 08:10:05]

over a year ago

Personal choice, and we just ignore webcam veris

over a year ago

"

You seemed well verified so no problems there. .... in fact you must be the most verified person here,...

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

"I understand we all start somewhere and dont really have a problem with new members not being verified. Its the ones that have been here over a year and unverified that kinda ring a bit of a alarm bell. Afterall, there are plenty of socials and things to get verified from.

Ive also used verifications by meet as a indicator that people have turned up. But after being let down 3 times over the past few days by verified members, im starting to question this.

"

Extreemly good point. On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it.

over a year ago

There are plenty of posts saying it takes time to get meets, have patience. There are as many saying won't meet unverified people. Do The maths on that one. What boils my blood is people saying let others more desperate take the risk. That's arrogance. Op spot on, your taking the word of a random stranger whether your looking at verifications or meeting someone without.

over a year ago

We look for people with recent verifications more so in the hope of actually not being time wasters. When I had my profile on here as a single fem I would only look at men recently verified. I have met non verified men for a drink in a public place but never to play. Now I don't meet men at all lol xx

over a year ago

I don't really take any notice of verifications so yes, I'd meet someone with no veris but only for a social meet first of all. I trust my own judgment more than anyone else's.

over a year ago

Granted use them as a guide but not as gospel. I've just woke up and i sounded grumpy on previous post.

over a year ago

I will meet unverified plus many will miss out on their perfect match as they might like the profile but they are not verified.

Swinging nowadays seems to be about getting verified, than having fun lol.

I recon it would be a good idea to scrap the veri system here to make it fun for all

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"I understand we all start somewhere and dont really have a problem with new members not being verified. Its the ones that have been here over a year and unverified that kinda ring a bit of a alarm bell. Afterall, there are plenty of socials and things to get verified from.

Extreemly good point. On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it. "

I dont show mine because its my business who ive met. I do however show the summery which tells how many times ive been verified. If potential meets want to see my verifications they only have to ask and i will let them read them

over a year ago

over a year ago

"I don't really take any notice of verifications so yes, I'd meet someone with no veris but only for a social meet first of all. I trust my own judgment more than anyone else's."

Best way. I personally think that is the best guide to a persons character.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

you ever bought something your really really really really really really wanted off tinterweb (eeeee bay) and it didnt arrive? It's a bit like that.

over a year ago

Extreemly good point. On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it.

I dont show mine because its my business who ive met. I do however show the summery which tells how many times ive been verified. If potential meets want to see my verifications they only have to ask and i will let them read them "

I've read some veris and some of them are gives great head or shallows the lot and I think I'd be hiding those kind lol.

over a year ago

you ever bought something your really really really really really really wanted off tinterweb (eeeee bay) and it didnt arrive? It's a bit like that. "

Yet we all do it.

over a year ago

Being foto verified is being genuine according to this site

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"Being foto verified is being genuine according to this site "

That must be where im going wrong lol

By *adysueandneroCouple
over a year ago

witney

I dont show mine because its my business who ive met. I do however show the summery which tells how many times ive been verified. If potential meets want to see my verifications they only have to ask and i will let them read them

I've read some veris and some of them are gives great head or shallows the lot and I think I'd be hiding those kind lol."

Sorry. Thought this was a site for swingers.

over a year ago

"Being foto verified is being genuine according to this site "

Peeps say they will ignore that and they will ignore webcam veris, and will only go off other verifications. It essentially comes down to expecting others to do their work for them. Even if someone is verified, most people will still take time to chat and get to know them and try and suss them out so what difference does it make really. Your own judgement is the deal breaker regardless.

over a year ago

I've read some veris and some of them are gives great head or shallows the lot and I think I'd be hiding those kind lol.

Sorry. Thought this was a site for swingers."

Yep not kiss and tell.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

Sorry. Thought this was a site for swingers."

I dont get you?

over a year ago

"

"

I agree in most part veri's are easy enough to get by cam but lets be honest all they say is they are real people, it dont mean the actually meet or swing.

Going to a club is fine for couples like us and single ladies but for guys its not so easy.

firstly the male to female ratio is approx 1-100 so to me verified these guys would need to attend a club and as such for every new woman or couple to attend a club there will be a 100 guys... problem being as some clubs cost £60+ for a single guy, its expensive ( easier for ladies as its usually free or near as damn it)

and finally these 100 guys wont get in as clubs limit their numbers to "a few select males"

As i said I generally agree with you but lets not forget its far far more difficult for some to get verified than others.

over a year ago

I don't give them a lot as found a woman here was sorking me and the ones I was meeting saying things like she new me and stuff .. Was weird. So it put me off giving them. People will use this site in the way it's best for them and everyone's different .

over a year ago

"

We block unverified and newbies from messaging us as it cuts out a lot of crap.

But we have met unverified people and would do so again

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"

For me it's about experience. Ok so new members could be very experienced but after a few meets with unverified people which were more than a little disappointing I chose to stop meeting them. It's just one of my filtering processes.

over a year ago

Extreemly good point. On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it. "

As you will see from mine they are all social and most from people who know how much I don't like veris. I don't as a norm verify people and I tell any potential meets that before hand. My reason for doing so it that it is my business who I meet for sex and nobody else's. I really don't like and get put off by the graphic veris and am even more put off by repeat veris finding them more like territory marking.

over a year ago

Surprised to hear you say that. You usually recognise that what people do here is entirely down to personal choice.

This issue is no different."

It is down to personal choice, just asking. Happy for people to call me a grumpy bitch.

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Sorry but we are not going to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies. Of course people have to start somewhere, but its not going to be with us I'm afraid.

over a year ago

You seemed well verified so no problems there. .... in fact you must be the most verified person here,..."

*smacks head against wall*

over a year ago

I am newish and have a few vetifications which show on profile. How do i get the full published ones with text on, onto my profile.

Thanks fabbers

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I have met people with verifications and have been messed about by people who are verified.So i wouldn't rule out people with no veries.

over a year ago

"Sorry but we are not going to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies. Of course people have to start somewhere, but its not going to be with us I'm afraid. "

So by that your first veri was from people who were happy to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies , this site needs more like that and less people without minds of their own is what I think.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"I am newish and have a few vetifications which show on profile. How do i get the full published ones with text on, onto my profile.

Thanks fabbers"

Go to 'My Account' on your profile. The into 'Manage Verifications' on the left.. Then click 'Show on profile' by the verification

over a year ago

Im wondering how most of you verified people got you first verie...good job some people will take a chance on unverified people..otherwise none of you would be veried...thats unless you all went to clubs or socials and got them....as for cam veries..id do away with them...there far too easy to give out

over a year ago

Over 25% of our meets are with newbies

These meets are often the best , the nerves , the excitement and the anticipation are a major factor and we love meeting them .

It does have to be said that if we made special arrangements to meet newbies though , we would be complaining about no shows .

over a year ago

I certainly dont go by verifications now. People are not always what they seem. Prob lovely at social group meets. But different on there own.

We all start somewhere

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Sorry but we are not going to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies. Of course people have to start somewhere, but its not going to be with us I'm afraid.

So by that your first veri was from people who were happy to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies , this site needs more like that and less people without minds of their own is what I think. "

So you would prefer to have a site full of people without there own minds? Be careful for what you wish.

over a year ago

Thanks lilmiss, appreciated. Ive done that and it shows i have veri's, but i was wondering how i can show them that people can read what was said too?

Thanks

over a year ago

"Sorry but we are not going to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies. Of course people have to start somewhere, but its not going to be with us I'm afraid.

So by that your first veri was from people who were happy to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies , this site needs more like that and less people without minds of their own is what I think.

So you would prefer to have a site full of people without there own minds? Be careful for what you wish. "

Read her post again. She said LESS people without minds of their own.

over a year ago

I honestly find this place quite shocking. 99% of the mail I get is from people that think my profile veri's (and 250,000+ meets!) are real.

It works as an excellent idiot filter. But still.......

over a year ago

"I honestly find this place quite shocking. 99% of the mail I get is from people that think my profile veri's (and 250,000+ meets!) are real.

It works as an excellent idiot filter. But still.......

"

I'd give you another but we're fake

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"Thanks lilmiss, appreciated. Ive done that and it shows i have veri's, but i was wondering how i can show them that people can read what was said too?

Thanks"

If you have clicked 'Show on profile'... We should be able to?

Is there a button at the bottom of page to say save changes?

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Having spoken to quite a few people from here I know that veris are not worth the screen they're viewed on.

One example is the woman who described a guy as talented not because the sex was good, apparently it wasn't, but because he could play the guitar.

Another is the popular forumite who has a long list of excellent verifications but according to another woman all his play consisted of was trying to make her gush and gossiping about other people he'd met off here.

I could go on but I'm bored already...

over a year ago

"

totally agree. a lady turned me down for my first meet as id never meet before very silly xx

over a year ago

I don't place much reliance at all on verifications. Anyone who's verified can still decide to be a dick one day and mess you around.

I'd rather make arrangements for a social meet first which doesn't involve me going too much out of my way. I've met a few unverified men that way with no problems whatsoever and gone on to have great meets.

The only time I do give them an influence in my decision making is if the person has been here over a year without any from meeting in person - which then implies to me they're not actually interested in meeting and they're more about just the chat.

I think the exception would be if I were looking to meet single women or couples, when actually there could be some merit in a verification that says they are in fact a woman or a couple, and not a bloke pretending.

over a year ago

At clubs we ask for peoples username so we can check their verifications on here first. Unless they have a tattoo of a green tick, then we KNOW they're REAL. Unless they're covered in green ticks - that's distracting.

over a year ago

"On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it. "

It's not rude at all. I hide all of mine, because it's nothing to do with anyone else who I choose to meet. It's none of their business. I show the summary instead so people who are bothered about veris can see that I do meet and have met fairly recently. Any more detail than that is between me and the person who wrote it.

over a year ago

"Another is the popular forumite who has a long list of excellent verifications but according to another woman all his play consisted of was trying to make her gush and gossiping about other people he'd met off here.

"

I

But you and her gossiping about him - that's different how?

over a year ago

"On a slightly different note, we don't understand why people hide their verifications. Surely if someone has gone to the trouble to write one it is rude not to display it.

It's not rude at all. I hide all of mine, because it's nothing to do with anyone else who I choose to meet. It's none of their business. I show the summary instead so people who are bothered about veris can see that I do meet and have met fairly recently. Any more detail than that is between me and the person who wrote it."

By the time anyone read ours , there would be no time for a meet !

We just chop and change which we display and that seems to work for us

over a year ago

I hide mine because people who verified me got messages from others .

over a year ago

This amazes me when people say this " we all started out on here without one"

How do people go about meeting on dating sites ect.

A verification can mean nothing, it is real life that means something, and people forget, we all had to start somewhere, with no verifications.

Her

over a year ago

totally agree. a lady turned me down for my first meet as id never meet before very silly xx"

It wasn't silly to her. It was her preference. Better respecting that and moving on.

over a year ago

"I hide mine because people who verified me got messages from others . "

We used to on a previous profile because we'd get messages saying 'we saw you met xx' - although we still got those messages anyway because of the ones we'd left for others!

over a year ago

Yep, that as well. Bit creepy!

over a year ago

"I hide mine because people who verified me got messages from others .

Yep, that as well. Bit creepy!"

Was actually embarrasing when they messaged me to say gee you must be popular. I got more messages off men asking hpw i managed to meet you than i do off women on site. Oopppsss

over a year ago

Why would people do that, this amazes me that people do this

over a year ago

You would trust the verification from a stranger?"

Because there is less chance of a lady turning out to be Bi Bob from Burnley if they are a long-time member with verifications from names I know from the forums.

over a year ago

"

This is the most sensible thing that's been said in the forums for ages!!!

over a year ago

Plus one of mine says i am an angel. Wouldnt want to mislead anyone ha

over a year ago

"Sorry but we are not going to be guinea pigs for fumbling newbies. Of course people have to start somewhere, but its not going to be with us I'm afraid. "

Just because they're new to the site doesn't mean they have no experience - what a narrow minded view!

over a year ago

"...

I think the exception would be if I were looking to meet single women or couples, when actually there could be some merit in a verification that says they are in fact a woman or a couple, and not a bloke pretending."

Sometimes... but still trust your spidey senses. I've chatted to verified couples and women where it's clear it's just a guy. Or they used to be a couple but she left him...

over a year ago

"...

I think the exception would be if I were looking to meet single women or couples, when actually there could be some merit in a verification that says they are in fact a woman or a couple, and not a bloke pretending.

Sometimes... but still trust your spidey senses. I've chatted to verified couples and women where it's clear it's just a guy. Or they used to be a couple but she left him... "

Agreed - and to be honest you can tell just by the tone of the messages when it's a man pretending to be a woman. But I can see how a recent verification might help inform my judgement.

Luckily no one says they're a man on here unless they are a man, so I don't have to worry about that bit

over a year ago

So you would prefer to have a site full of people without there own minds? Be careful for what you wish. "

Read my post again , that's not what I said at all.

over a year ago

"Fab cliché no. 1 applies.

Let others more desperate take the risk first. Don't trust WebCam veris either, or "Straight" men with men veris. "

I'm not desperate, just a realist that knows there are liars out there but if an unverified guy is hot enough or interesting enough to chat with then i'll risk meeting with him.

I've only been let down twice by guys who are verified and their profiles say they will always turn up if they say they will.

From experience, unverified men aren't a risk.

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Another is the popular forumite who has a long list of excellent verifications but according to another woman all his play consisted of was trying to make her gush and gossiping about other people he'd met off here.

I

But you and her gossiping about him - that's different how?"

The thread is about the validity of verifications, not gossiping.

I used the example to express how some verifications, because she did give him a good one, are not very honest.

Whilst writing my original post I did wonder whether I was gossiping, but, as I have not revealed any usernames the guilty have been protected. I therefore came to the conclusion I was merely imparting empirical anecdotes.

Satisfactory answer for you?

over a year ago

I

I used the example to express how some verifications, because she did give him a good one, are not very honest.

Whilst writing my original post I did wonder whether I was gossiping, but, as I have not revealed any usernames the guilty have been protected. I therefore came to the conclusion I was merely imparting empirical anecdotes.

Satisfactory answer for you?"

You don't need to provide a satisfactory answer to me, I was just highlighting the irony of gossiping about someone elses gossiping

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm often someone's first veri... Whether they show it or not. We all have to start somewhere

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I

Satisfactory answer for you?

You don't need to provide a satisfactory answer to me, I was just highlighting the irony of gossiping about someone elses gossiping "

Actually, you did ask me a question, to which I supplied an answer.

You see irony, I see pernickety

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

So you would prefer to have a site full of people without there own minds? Be careful for what you wish.

Read my post again , that's not what I said at all. "

I have re-read and my apologies,

In answer to your question though, when i joined on my single profile 5 years ago, i put the hard work in, as in i went to social group meets, clubs, and parties to make friends and get my verifications that way.

over a year ago

Read my post again , that's not what I said at all.

I have re-read and my apologies,

In answer to your question though, when i joined on my single profile 5 years ago, i put the hard work in, as in i went to social group meets, clubs, and parties to make friends and get my verifications that way. "

Apology accepted and thank you. That was on your single profile which is brilliant but that still means someone must have been a guinea pig for fumbling newbies when you joined as a couple unless of course you managed to get people that you both knew you as singles to veri you as a couple without the hassle of actually having to meet them. I'm not saying this is what happened just that it's easy for it to happen for people already know as singles than those who joined as complete new couples.

By *onyneMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Reading them does help in a way, but I don't show mine and don't think people must be verified. Even people who are on here a year or so with apparently no meets can sometimes just not be that bothered about verifications...and others do seem to use it as a numbers game.

There is no right or wrong...we make our own decisions and go from there.

over a year ago

One of our fems we met as unverified ..quick girlie chat on the phone and the rest they say is history

over a year ago

Is it even an issue?

People don't want to meet unverified people, fine....there choice, just meet someone who does....can't see the complication in that.

Look at those who meet unverified people as level one....once you've completed level one, move on up to level two....it's a simple enough game

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/04/15 16:33:16]

over a year ago

"Is it even an issue?

People don't want to meet unverified people, fine....there choice, just meet someone who does....can't see the complication in that.

Look at those who meet unverified people as level one....once you've completed level one, move on up to level two....it's a simple enough game "

Meh, that implies those who will meet unverified people are somehow not as good. Although if people want to meet me then move onto the bigger and better world of the 'no veris

no meet crew' then they can go for it; I'm not being altruistic, I just like getting in there early

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

verifications are no guarantee that someone wont mess u about tho do indicate that they have actually met people in the past

By *untimes_2009Couple
over a year ago

Wallasey

Everybody starts of un verified, then someone takes a leap of faith and meets you, likes you and then verifies you. We all start off at the same point.

over a year ago

"Is it even an issue?

Look at those who meet unverified people as level one....once you've completed level one, move on up to level two....it's a simple enough game

Meh, that implies those who will meet unverified people are somehow not as good. Although if people want to meet me then move onto the bigger and better world of the 'no veris

no meet crew' then they can go for it; I'm not being altruistic, I just like getting in there early "

Hmm....nah, you just need to meet one in order to meet the next is all....I just likened it to a game is all...

I find they make bugger all difference to how much chemistry there will be between you....

over a year ago

"Is it even an issue?

no meet crew' then they can go for it; I'm not being altruistic, I just like getting in there early "

Good argument!

over a year ago

"Having spoken to quite a few people from here I know that veris are not worth the screen they're viewed on.

One example is the woman who described a guy as talented not because the sex was good, apparently it wasn't, but because he could play the guitar.

Another is the popular forumite who has a long list of excellent verifications but according to another woman all his play consisted of was trying to make her gush and gossiping about other people he'd met off here.

I could go on but I'm bored already...

"

I would love to know who that is lmao

over a year ago

"At clubs we ask for peoples username so we can check their verifications on here first. Unless they have a tattoo of a green tick, then we KNOW they're REAL. Unless they're covered in green ticks - that's distracting."

Seriously wtf.

Is it the law that people who go to clubs have to be fab members now???

I hope your joking!!

over a year ago

"At clubs we ask for peoples username so we can check their verifications on here first. Unless they have a tattoo of a green tick, then we KNOW they're REAL. Unless they're covered in green ticks - that's distracting.

Seriously wtf.

I hope your joking!!"

c'mon man......

over a year ago

"Is it even an issue?

no meet crew' then they can go for it; I'm not being altruistic, I just like getting in there early

Hmm....nah, you just need to meet one in order to meet the next is all....I just likened it to a game is all...

I find they make bugger all difference to how much chemistry there will be between you...."

over a year ago

"At clubs we ask for peoples username so we can check their verifications on here first. Unless they have a tattoo of a green tick, then we KNOW they're REAL. Unless they're covered in green ticks - that's distracting.

Seriously wtf.

I hope your joking!!

c'mon man......"

I fell for that didn't i, Oops!

Post new Message to Thread