FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

At what point do you give a guy your phone number?

Jump to newest

By *ieutenant OP   Man
over a year ago

london

I know this is privacy issue. But at what point do you feel comfortable to give out your phone number. Infact Men are far more willing to give out their phone number without second thought. Whereas women think long before giving men their numbers. Do you blame them?

Too many weirdo prowling on fab.

What is your thought on this issue?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I don't see the need for people to have my number until after a social - there are so many ways to access fabs now that its not a requirement. There have been a few people I have given my number in advance, depending on where we are meeting.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When my spidey senses tell me it's ok to. I can always block them if we don't end up meeting or they start sex talking or asking for naked pics.

over a year ago

I can't speak for other women but I can say that experience taught me many years ago not to give out my number to blokes.

The one and only time I gave mines out portrayed himself as a gentleman, an out of work brain surgeon (a professional would more than likely use the term Neurologist") who lived in Glasgow. I only chatted with him online that day and over the phone, he declared his undying love for me......he wanted me to be available when he planned to call that night but I said I couldn't etc he went on to accuse me being unfaithful - WTF?! I can laugh about it now but oh boy I'm sure I had a lucky escape! Wouldn't happen nowadays! I value my life and safety.

over a year ago

Never give mine out any more, too many pesterers, including ones who think 5am is a good time to send cock pics.

By *unny-beeWoman
over a year ago

Mansfield

I don't give mine out as sick of bunny boilers and having police phoning me about a guy who I gave

it to

the bad guys give the good guys a bad name sods law

over a year ago

"Whereas women think long before giving men their numbers. "

Usually because the woman is cheating and doesn't want the hubby seeing the messages :p

Me depends if we've chatted a bit i'll give my number as the messaging system on here is awful and id rather use whatsapp.

Phone has more than enough options for blocking people including automatically hiding their texts and calls and logging them but not riding or notifying me they have

over a year ago

I wouldn't say that women dont give their numbers out because they are cheating. Must be the women you have met.

I don't give my number out because of a similar situation above. A Glaswegian as well coincidentally. Bombarded me with texts on WhatsApp. Followed by songs and photos of his clothing, or what he was going to wear to meet me in. Suffice to say I blocked him. If anyone knows of an app to use on a Sony z3 to block numbers I'd love to hear.

over a year ago

Ye but if u have iPhone just block ?

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Precisely why I use kik.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't say that women dont give their numbers out because they are cheating. Must be the women you have met.

I don't give my number out because of a similar situation above. A Glaswegian as well coincidentally. Bombarded me with texts on WhatsApp. Followed by songs and photos of his clothing, or what he was going to wear to meet me in. Suffice to say I blocked him. If anyone knows of an app to use on a Sony z3 to block numbers I'd love to hear. "

Android has it in the standard message setting add number to spam number list and add it to the call reject list

over a year ago

I'll have a look on my phone thanks

over a year ago

"I'll have a look on my phone thanks "

For me it's open messages, open settings, more settings, scroll down then it's at the bottom under spam settings

For call rejection same thing but through the contact list iirc.

over a year ago

Oh one good thing while it doesn't tell you they've text ir saves all the messages to a spam message folder you can look at through settings so if you ever need the messages as evidence there they arw

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Precisely why I use kik. "
and a separate number for meets

over a year ago

"Oh one good thing while it doesn't tell you they've text ir saves all the messages to a spam message folder you can look at through settings so if you ever need the messages as evidence there they arw"

As I thought it doesn't have the facility on my Sony phone.

over a year ago

"Oh one good thing while it doesn't tell you they've text ir saves all the messages to a spam message folder you can look at through settings so if you ever need the messages as evidence there they arw

As I thought it doesn't have the facility on my Sony phone. "

Which version of Android arw you running?

over a year ago

I use kik, no number needed and can just block people if you want. Think a number should be given out after a first meet

over a year ago

"Oh one good thing while it doesn't tell you they've text ir saves all the messages to a spam message folder you can look at through settings so if you ever need the messages as evidence there they arw

As I thought it doesn't have the facility on my Sony phone.

Which version of Android arw you running?"

Probably an older version as I haven't updated it since last year. Started to install then went tits up. I'm due an upgrade but nothing new takes my fancy and I'm not an Apple fan.

over a year ago

The new Samsungs are quite nice I've always had the notes.

The edge looks interesting.

over a year ago

I'm not overly fond of Samsung phones. I do have a TV though

over a year ago

"I don't give mine out as sick of bunny boilers and having police phoning me about a guy who I gave

it to

the bad guys give the good guys a bad name sods law "

why would the police ring you,just because you gave out your number lol

By *ieutenant OP   Man
over a year ago

london

I think is time fab create (internal messenger applet).

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Never give mine out any more, too many pesterers, including ones who think 5am is a good time to send cock pics. "

haha.

over a year ago

we don't its through this site or not at all simple and smart

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

If I agree to meet someone I give them my phone number and expect a text, .if I don't have a contact number then no meet (Internet access round here is spotty to say the least, but can usually get a phone signal if you stand on a table and wave the phone in the air). That way, I'm unlikely to be sat in a pub in the middle of nowhere trying to get onto Fab to see if the profile is still up

over a year ago

this is a good way to protect yourself and gives the other person the privacy they want, no numbers exchanged, it doesn't copy your phonebook into it, it's so simple.

over a year ago

"I don't give my number out because of a similar situation above. A Glaswegian as well coincidentally. Bombarded me with texts on WhatsApp. Followed by songs and photos of his clothing, or what he was going to wear to meet me in. Suffice to say I blocked him. If anyone knows of an app to use on a Sony z3 to block numbers I'd love to hear. "

Is anyone else wondering if it was the same bloke.......

over a year ago

We have a 'fab phone' kept exclusively for meets etc.

I like to have a quick chat with couples/females before we arrange a meet as it just makes me more comfortable.

Giving out the number for the fab phone doesn't seem as big a deal as giving out my real phone number if that makes sense.

We can buy a new sim card easily enough without all the hassel of changing numbers on our real phones.

We've not actually come across any strange ones yet though! We don't give out the number to everyone though, we chat on here first and if things seem like they could continue then we can go from there.

Her x

over a year ago

Never phone number, sometimes kik

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I don't give my number out because of a similar situation above. A Glaswegian as well coincidentally. Bombarded me with texts on WhatsApp. Followed by songs and photos of his clothing, or what he was going to wear to meet me in. Suffice to say I blocked him. If anyone knows of an app to use on a Sony z3 to block numbers I'd love to hear.

Is anyone else wondering if it was the same bloke......."

Yep

Forum Mod

over a year ago

When I feel comfortable and assured that who I'm talking to is a regular and decent member of society who is able to chat freely about a variety of subjects,has a good sense of humour and seems to be on the same wave length,there is no set time limit but I pretty much know straightaway even if I don't give my number straightaway

If they turn out to be arseholes after that then there is still the block button which ive rarely needed to use in 7 years

over a year ago

"When I feel comfortable and assured that who I'm talking to is a regular and decent member of society "

Bugger fallen at the first hurdle

over a year ago

"We have a 'fab phone' kept exclusively for meets etc.

I like to have a quick chat with couples/females before we arrange a meet as it just makes me more comfortable.

Giving out the number for the fab phone doesn't seem as big a deal as giving out my real phone number if that makes sense.

We can buy a new sim card easily enough without all the hassel of changing numbers on our real phones.

We've not actually come across any strange ones yet though! We don't give out the number to everyone though, we chat on here first and if things seem like they could continue then we can go from there.

Her x"

I do this too.

over a year ago

Getting a new SIM is do easy we would have no problem with having an old phone just for swinging so we can give that number out and junk it whenever we needed.

That being said, we don't currently give out our numbers anyway.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"When I feel comfortable and assured that who I'm talking to is a regular and decent member of society

Bugger fallen at the first hurdle "

Im a tough bitch

By *reddy96Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

so true best way why I hav it to

over a year ago

I use kik, a few have my number but I also know a few people with fab phones so they don't mind giving out their number, although people don't realise that the majority of people have their numbers linked to Facebook accounts and someone can find you just with your phone number now.

over a year ago

With all the apps theses days no need to kik is a good safe way username only

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

You can download an app like Mr Number if you want to block someone on a phone that doesn't have the setting.

I don't give my number out until after we've played and I'm confident we'll play again. Before that I arrange all coffee meets and then the first play meet on here.

I had a stalker (from a different site) who threatened me with all kinds of violence after I turned him down. I've also had men pester me with texts and calls wanting me to send pics and talk dirty at.the most inconvenient of times. Men who I hadn't even met yet!

Then there are the pleading messages from men I've played with but I don't intend to meet again. If you think why messages on here are a pain try getting them on your phone when you're at work or in the supermarket or with your family.

And let's not forget the abuse when you get a new veri messages. Then ones who can't understand why I'd ever bother meeting anyone else after having a taste of their cock.

Lastly there are the married/attached single men. The one's whose profile doesn't give it away but have a tan line on their ring finger and who can only meet at certain times. They're the ones who ask that I don't message them unexpectedly then bombard me with messages at odd times which are insistent that I drop whatever I'm doing and meet them NOW! Despite the fact that I declined them as soon as I sussed them.

I'm very definitely single and with the right people I'm happy to call, text, whatsapp, and share pics. But not with the wrong'uns.

over a year ago

I dont, instead giving my kik to them or whattsap

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I give my number just prior to a meet. I can easily block them on my phone if things go wrong.

over a year ago

" Infact Men are far more willing to give out their phone number without second thought. "

Really? ...

I can tell you not many people on here have my number.

I usually chat fairly extensively before I'd give it out.

But that's just me.

I don't think that's a fair blanket statement.

By *entleman JackMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

I have a friend who uses a "naughty phone"......

A cheap pay as you go phone which is used for just the swinging and dating...

And if it starts going weird then the phone can be junked, simple!

over a year ago

"

Me depends if we've chatted a bit i'll give my number as the messaging system on here is awful and id rather use whatsapp.

Phone has more than enough options for blocking people including automatically hiding their texts and calls and logging them but not riding or notifying me they have

"

over a year ago

"I have a friend who uses a "naughty phone"......

A cheap pay as you go phone which is used for just the swinging and dating...

And if it starts going weird then the phone can be junked, simple! "

also used by fakes though...

over a year ago

Assuming you are chatting with a properly verified member, Kik first and then assuming no alarm bells and/or a social then i see no problem in sharing numbers - Adults will act like adults in my experience.

over a year ago

When I feel the time is right

over a year ago

I send mine out soon as possible , I can block numbers quickly and my phone is set to silent between 2200 and 0700. Touch wood I have only had to block a couple of guys so far.

over a year ago

"I think is time fab create (internal messenger applet). "

What if you're out with no data or WiFi access,waiting to meet someone? Can't find anywhere that has free WiFi. It's happened to me before and I had to text to say no internet,have to text you when I arrive

By *neplusserMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Tend to give my number once we've met and all is ok, usually use kik at the first stage

over a year ago

"I send mine out soon as possible , I can block numbers quickly and my phone is set to silent between 2200 and 0700. Touch wood I have only had to block a couple of guys so far. "

My phone is always on silent. I've only blocked men who haven't kept up contact. I don't want them messaging after a year asking if I'm free.

over a year ago

"Tend to give my number once we've met and all is ok, usually use kik at the first stage "

I won't use Kik,I had a very long block list of young women who sent me an add. I also got ppi spam messages and most of the time I didn't get notified I had a new message,so I scrapped it.

over a year ago

"Tend to give my number once we've met and all is ok, usually use kik at the first stage

I won't use Kik,I had a very long block list of young women who sent me an add. I also got ppi spam messages and most of the time I didn't get notified I had a new message,so I scrapped it. "

Never had probs with KiK - then again, i never give it out unless it's to a verified member I've chatted to for some time.

over a year ago

Never again will I give out my number. Had a guy ringing through the night on a witheld, calling me a slut for not wanting to see him anymore..... He then found my facebook and the inboxes started, more threats of 'outing me'. I told him I was going to the police so he apologised then asked me out again! Once again I told him 'No' and he replied telling me to get off my high horse and that I was a fat mess

over a year ago

"Never again will I give out my number. Had a guy ringing through the night on a witheld, calling me a slut for not wanting to see him anymore..... He then found my facebook and the inboxes started, more threats of 'outing me'. I told him I was going to the police so he apologised then asked me out again! Once again I told him 'No' and he replied telling me to get off my high horse and that I was a fat mess "

I never ever answer an unknown or withheld number fab related or not. If they want me they can leave a message with a number and I will get back to them. Abusive messages are easily deleted without having to listen to all of it.

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

I never give my number out to strange men , women on the other hand , well only if they're really lucky !

over a year ago

"Never again will I give out my number. Had a guy ringing through the night on a witheld, calling me a slut for not wanting to see him anymore..... He then found my facebook and the inboxes started, more threats of 'outing me'. I told him I was going to the police so he apologised then asked me out again! Once again I told him 'No' and he replied telling me to get off my high horse and that I was a fat mess

I never ever answer an unknown or withheld number fab related or not. If they want me they can leave a message with a number and I will get back to them. Abusive messages are easily deleted without having to listen to all of it. "

I'm the same

over a year ago

"Never again will I give out my number. Had a guy ringing through the night on a witheld, calling me a slut for not wanting to see him anymore..... He then found my facebook and the inboxes started, more threats of 'outing me'. I told him I was going to the police so he apologised then asked me out again! Once again I told him 'No' and he replied telling me to get off my high horse and that I was a fat mess

I never ever answer an unknown or withheld number fab related or not. If they want me they can leave a message with a number and I will get back to them. Abusive messages are easily deleted without having to listen to all of it.

I'm the same "

over a year ago

I'm the same "

It was from different accounts on here too, I blocked and reported him about 5 times. Was around 6 months back, luckily nothing since

By *neplusserMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Tend to give my number once we've met and all is ok, usually use kik at the first stage

I won't use Kik,I had a very long block list of young women who sent me an add. I also got ppi spam messages and most of the time I didn't get notified I had a new message,so I scrapped it.

Never had probs with KiK - then again, i never give it out unless it's to a verified member I've chatted to for some time. "

Yeah I've never had that issue with Kik either. Might sound a bit naff but I see it as security blanket before giving out something as personal as your number straight away

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Assuming you are chatting with a properly verified member, Kik first and then assuming no alarm bells and/or a social then i see no problem in sharing numbers - Adults will act like adults in my experience. "

My problems have mostly been with 'properly verified members'

The main issue (for me) is that there are many on here who just want titillating chat and not actual meets. I want actual meets and then, if it's good I'm happy to chat in anticipation of the next meet.

Adults will act like spoilt petulant brats if they feel anonymous and distanced from their everyday lives and circle of people.

Harsh, perhaps. But it's experience that has made me harsh.

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

I'm genuine so I expect others to be also, people usually give me their number once I'm in contact with them.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

just get a cheap fone for swinging ..any problems get a new sim

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I very rarely hand out my number to anyone. I've given it to a guy I was meeting this week, and a guy who was accompanying me to the club a few months ago, but I'd met them before and felt comfortable doing so.

I may be being a bit precious about it, I used to do makeup parties so many people have my number. I don't want to go get a fab phone as I can't be arsed with 2 phones.

over a year ago

"I know this is privacy issue. But at what point do you feel comfortable to give out your phone number. Infact Men are far more willing to give out their phone number without second thought. Whereas women think long before giving men their numbers. Do you blame them?

What is your thought on this issue? "

You don't most guys will give you there's and you ring first few times withholding your own until you get a feel for them

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I usually use kik

over a year ago

"Assuming you are chatting with a properly verified member, Kik first and then assuming no alarm bells and/or a social then i see no problem in sharing numbers - Adults will act like adults in my experience.

My problems have mostly been with 'properly verified members'

The main issue (for me) is that there are many on here who just want titillating chat and not actual meets. I want actual meets and then, if it's good I'm happy to chat in anticipation of the next meet.

Adults will act like spoilt petulant brats if they feel anonymous and distanced from their everyday lives and circle of people.

Harsh, perhaps. But it's experience that has made me harsh."

Yeah well, I'm not saying it's always plain sailing but in general my experience has been fine.

Hope yours improves

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Never again will I give out my number. Had a guy ringing through the night on a witheld, calling me a slut for not wanting to see him anymore..... He then found my facebook and the inboxes started, more threats of 'outing me'. I told him I was going to the police so he apologised then asked me out again! Once again I told him 'No' and he replied telling me to get off my high horse and that I was a fat mess "

Why on earth even communicate with a witheld number? and not only once you kept answering him

over a year ago

Two people here have my number.

over a year ago

We stupidly gave a guy our number to phone before we were sposed to meet.. He stood us up.

over a year ago

Why on earth even communicate with a witheld number? and not only once you kept answering him "

A lot of my calls are from witheld numbers.... Children's school, my work and a few others.

I answered to his call once, if you read on, the rest was accounts he kept opening on here! Does that answer you at all?!?

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Only people i know well and trust have mine,as others have said i don't want pestering at all hours and sadly this has happened in past.

over a year ago

I have a naughty phone. It's just for this kind of thing. Sometimes it's turned off for weeks. It's a pay as you go shit phone. I only text. I never call anyone. So not a problem giving out my number.

over a year ago

I probably give my number out too easily

over a year ago

"Never give mine out any more, too many pesterers, including ones who think 5am is a good time to send cock pics.

haha."

Hehe is funny now i blocked. But yeah i woke up to my phone bleeping and looked what it was and it was a not very appealing cock pic with several messages like "you want this?" "you like?" and i was thinking "not really".

over a year ago

"I know this is privacy issue. But at what point do you feel comfortable to give out your phone number. Infact Men are far more willing to give out their phone number without second thought. Whereas women think long before giving men their numbers. Do you blame them?

What is your thought on this issue?

You don't most guys will give you there's and you ring first few times withholding your own until you get a feel for them "

over a year ago

I now use kik as was getting phone calls & text messages at stupid hours, one guy text me when I had given my mobile to another staff member to check rotas etc, nice to have to explain a party invite lmao

over a year ago

What is your thought on this issue? "

I give my number out pretty quickly if it feels right and (touch wood) I've not had any issues. It's easy enough to block numbers now and I can always not answer the call or text, no biggy

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I don't always give out my number but on the occasions that I do. It's always after a meet has been confirmed this applies to couples, men and women.

over a year ago

I never give my number out I see no need, 95% of the population now has internet on their phone its just as easy to fire a message off on here as send a text

over a year ago

Slightly at a tangent but I'm amazed at the number of men who send their phone number as part of a first message!! I collect them all and write them on the wall of the men's loo at my local offering BJs, just joking.....or am I?

over a year ago

"Slightly at a tangent but I'm amazed at the number of men who send their phone number as part of a first message!! I collect them all and write them on the wall of the men's loo at my local offering BJs, just joking.....or am I? "

Hahaha

over a year ago

On the day of the social meet, sometimes before but rarely

over a year ago

"Slightly at a tangent but I'm amazed at the number of men who send their phone number as part of a first message!! I collect them all and write them on the wall of the men's loo at my local offering BJs, just joking.....or am I? "

Play phone that they don't really care about

over a year ago

"Slightly at a tangent but I'm amazed at the number of men who send their phone number as part of a first message!! I collect them all and write them on the wall of the men's loo at my local offering BJs, just joking.....or am I?

Play phone that they don't really care about"

Some, maybe

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

Um

It's um visible on my profile so before!

over a year ago

Never, as we don't need phones in clubs.

over a year ago

I'm not that precious....i have a fab phone so if I like chatting to someone they can have my number whenever. If they turn out to be a cock I block them.

Post new Message to Thread