Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

"Proving" we're real

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We've just been told we're fakes because we're not photo-verified on this site. We're verfified by meets on this site , and extensively verified as real by meeting in person on another site.

We've been on the scene for over 10 years.

We personally aren't into the "proving" thing as we feel there should be some element of trust if you are going to play with people.

We appreciate that some people have a different opinion and prefer to have that proof.

Our question is - if your opinions differ on this matter - is it appropriate to demand people adhere to your "standards ", and if they are reluctant ( such as a well verified cpl having an honest belief that those verifications should carry some weight ) is it appropriate that they be accused of being fakes and it be demanded that they do what the other person wants, or is it not just better to, in an adult way, say " sorry it's very important for me/us that you're photo-verified but respect your stance and perhaps we're just not compatible" and go your respective ways.

Have to admit we find it arrogant and disrespectful to have a person "demand" we prove we're real.

We're sure this will polarise opinions - but whatsrd your thoughts ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Who knows. You could be a figment of our imagination or a part of the matrix. Who knows eh.

...if you're in my imagination. I won't say no haha

over a year ago

The verification... meet in person

Pretty much tells everyone your real. No need for further proof for anyone is there

over a year ago

We're not photo verified, enough people have left us real life veris that don't see the point now tbh.

over a year ago

Veri's can be faked although 21 is pushing it a bit far lol. Saying that although ginger's solo account is photo verified this one isnt which I guess makes me Cin a fake and means Ginger is a single female pretending to be a couple That would be a first

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

Wont be long before some people are asking for blood samples !!

over a year ago

Wow you look damn real to me

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

"We've just been told we're fakes because we're not photo-verified on this site. We're verfified by meets on this site , and extensively verified as real by meeting in person on another site.

We personally aren't into the "proving" thing as we feel there should be some element of trust if you are going to play with people.

We appreciate that some people have a different opinion and prefer to have that proof.

Our question is - if your opinions differ on this matter - is it appropriate to demand people adhere to your "standards ", and if they are reluctant ( such as a well verified cpl having an honest belief that those verifications should carry some weight ) is it appropriate that they be accused of being fakes and it be demanded that they do what the other person wants, or is it not just better to, in an adult way, say " sorry it's very important for me/us that you're photo-verified but respect your stance and perhaps we're just not compatible" and go your respective ways.

Have to admit we find it arrogant and disrespectful to have a person "demand" we prove we're real.

We're sure this will polarise opinions - but whatsrd your thoughts ?"

If someone asks me to do something I don't want to I say no. If they push it I block them. If someone is unwilling to do something I want then I wish them luck and say goodbye. We all have the right to say no, it doesn't make us fake. Anyone demanding anything from me can kiss my arse

over a year ago

Who up

over a year ago

Why such angst? It's the internet, who cares? Just ignore them.

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

I think it would definitely polarise our opinion of such a demand, and after much careful consideration on my part......angel would just tell them to fuck off

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I would believe someone who has been verified a bunch of times is more genuine than someone who has held a piece of paper.

I also know that some on here feel the need to try and make you play this game their way. I will not speak to anyone on the phone or Skype them so according to them I would be fake.

My many meets prove I am real to nearly everyone on here. I have never had anyone insist or even ask for a call before hand. To be fair if I read a profile that insists on a call between the females before meeting I move on to another because I do not need the hassle.

Ultimately if someone doesn't think you are real - let them - there are plenty of others who will see the veris and want to meet you

over a year ago

So many more people to see .. ignore the pushy ones ... we wont get photo verified either have more than enough people played with and verified us .if that aint proof enough not our problem

over a year ago

"Have to admit we find it arrogant and disrespectful to have a person "demand" we prove we're real."

IMHO it's arrogant and disrespectful and also ignorant.

Please continue to run YOUR profile how YOU want to run it.

Deliberately capitalised.

over a year ago

"Why such angst? It's the internet, who cares? Just ignore them. "

No angst - just thought it might be an interesting discussion point

over a year ago

Its easier to make a fake profile and verify it,than make a fake profile and photo verify it.

A person who is already verified can easily set up a fake account and verify it by meets themselves,its a bit harder to verify it if say your a male pretending to be a female by a photo verification. In my opinion a photo veri proves more its the person you actualy chatting too.

over a year ago

Having only ever been fucked about by one person, who was very real he just turned out to be a dick, I don't put much faith in veris or anything like that.

My policy is to not go too far out of my way so that my time isn't wasted by anyone. So I'll arrange to meet for a drink or coffee at lunchtime or on my way home. If they don't turn up then I haven't lost anything. If I'm going further afield, it's only when I'm there visiting friends or away for work anyway.

Apart from the one time I was stood up, this has always served me well.

over a year ago

If we were struggling to find meets then we might be prepared to jump through some extra hoops.

The reality is we are not. We are not photo verified but have plenty of meeting verifications. If that is not enough for someone then to be honest we are not much bothered. That's their problem not ours.

over a year ago

If your verifications aren't enough for someone just move on.

over a year ago

"We've just been told we're fakes because we're not photo-verified on this site. We're verfified by meets on this site , and extensively verified as real by meeting in person on another site.

If someone won't do what I ask in order to put my mind at rest I won't accuse them of being fake, but I won't meet them either.

By *ivilizedkinkCouple
over a year ago

harrow

We have never actually met anyone .we send our clones instead its easier .

it doesn't really matter what you do there will always be someone that will try to bring you down in some way , probably because they have nothing better to do with their time just block and move on

over a year ago

We're sure this will polarise opinions - but whatsrd your thoughts ?

If someone won't do what I ask in order to put my mind at rest I won't accuse them of being fake, but I won't meet them either."

Equally if they are not prepared to do as you ask then they might not be that interested in meeting you.

It doesn't necessarily mean they are fake.

over a year ago

"Its easier to make a fake profile and verify it,than make a fake profile and photo verify it.

A person who is already verified can easily set up a fake account and verify it by meets themselves,its a bit harder to verify it if say your a male pretending to be a female by a photo verification. In my opinion a photo veri proves more its the person you actualy chatting too."

We never even look to see if someone is photo verified...it's just not on our radar at all because it doesn't really prove anything. And If our varied and numerous meet veris aren't enough for them, so be it...*shrug*

over a year ago

Maybe people should draw blood and send it to one another

Her

By *ouplekinkCouple
over a year ago

kink town

I think if you are verified by multiple meets then getting photo verified is pointless. After a while I think the fakes are easy to spot, and are soon found out, our hotlist is full of them.

over a year ago

"Its easier to make a fake profile and verify it,than make a fake profile and photo verify it.

A person who is already verified can easily set up a fake account and verify it by meets themselves,its a bit harder to verify it if say your a male pretending to be a female by a photo verification. In my opinion a photo veri proves more its the person you actualy chatting too.

We never even look to see if someone is photo verified...it's just not on our radar at all because it doesn't really prove anything. And If our varied and numerous meet veris aren't enough for them, so be it...*shrug*"

I think it does prove something.

It proves the person your talking too is actualy that person. Many many fake profiles on here with verifications.most are from single verifications,and of course i wouldnt doubt multiple veris from many different people.

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

If I wasnt real I wouldn't be here would I .

By *iggerooooCouple
over a year ago

Conwy

We too are meet verified and not photo ... I just don't see the point.

I'm a photographer and graphics designer by trade and could seriously have any photo verified after 3 minutes of photoshop work ... guarantee it would pass and admin woukd have no idea it's not genuine.

The only way they know is to reverse search the image to see if it's online anywhere and disallow it based on that.

By *4nc3rCouple
over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I think it's your right to choose how to run your profile, but being photo verified hardly takes more than 10 seconds of your time so it seems a little on the stubborn side to refuse to do it in general. - personally I probably wouldn't opt to meet someone who actively chose not to be photo verified because it seems arrogant and stubborn to me to assume that I should immediately be comfortable with only the information that I have...

Although I would just say no thankyou lol I wouldnt meet someone who demanded anything from me either lol

over a year ago

"The only way they know is to reverse search the image to see if it's online anywhere and disallow it based on that. "

I've had a couple of images disallowed based on that. Some portrait shots that are on my personal blog mostly.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

To answer the OP's question, it's entirely appropriate for anyone to ask you to do anything to satisfy themselves that you are someone they want to meet with.

And it's also entirely appropriate for you to turn someone down for any reason you choose, including objecting to whatever they have asked you to do to satisfy themselves that you are someone they would want to meet with.

There are no rules here, other than those you make for yourself.

over a year ago

To honest I'm the same.because I don't have any varies yet on here I don't hardly get a look in,the thing is how do you get various by others when they don't give you a chance. I get it there is a lot of fakes but for us genuine people it's not really fair.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"To honest I'm the same.because I don't have any varies yet on here I don't hardly get a look in,the thing is how do you get various by others when they don't give you a chance. I get it there is a lot of fakes but for us genuine people it's not really fair."

You've been here three weeks. That is no time at all for Fab. If you are feeling that things are unfair at this early stage, then the site is probably going to disappoint you.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I don't think anyone has the right to demand anything - they can politely ask and receive a response, but that response is up to you. If someone made a demand of me, I would immediately know I wasn't compatible with them, so things would go no further.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"To answer the OP's question, it's entirely appropriate for anyone to ask you to do anything to satisfy themselves that you are someone they want to meet with.

And it's also entirely appropriate for you to turn someone down for any reason you choose, including objecting to whatever they have asked you to do to satisfy themselves that you are someone they would want to meet with.

There are no rules here, other than those you make for yourself."

over a year ago

I am foto verified which proves I am real to the site

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If you are verified by meets and dont see why the photo verification matters.People vould still cheat it using old images etc,meet verifications proove the person/people are real.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

If someone asks you something you think is unnecessary... then its a filter that you likely wouldn't get on.

I refuse to do phone calls or skype - I don't see the point in them. I meet socially first, and usually close to home or somewhere I would be anyway, so nothing lost for a no show (never had one yet in about 3 years on here)

Also, I chat for a long time on line before getting near to the stage of meeting, so generally get a good feel for real or fake that way.

over a year ago

"Why such angst? It's the internet, who cares? Just ignore them.

No angst - just thought it might be an interesting discussion point"

Fair enough.

over a year ago

"If someone asks you something you think is unnecessary... then its a filter that you likely wouldn't get on.

..."

This!

Lots of thumbs up, a hi 5 and a bum bump.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Couldn't give a flying Nunns left tit what or how others think we should/shouldn't conduct ourselves on here! We have never been photo verified .... Just got out there, met people ... Plenty of fun , easy & simple.

There is a limit to just how many hoops people need jump thro ... Some just love to feel important!

Just carry on doing ya thing OP and bollox to em all!

over a year ago

I do like people to be real, but it's not a deal breaker

over a year ago

If the time ever comes that I start allowing the behaviour of other site members too effect me in such a way that I feel compelled I react by creating a thread moaning about it.......

I'll hang up my frock for good...

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"If someone asks you something you think is unnecessary... then its a filter that you likely wouldn't get on.

This!

Lots of thumbs up, a hi 5 and a bum bump. "

Oooh I likes a good bum bump.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

A person who is already verified can easily set up a fake account and verify it by meets themselves,its a bit harder to verify it if say your a male pretending to be a female by a photo verification. In my opinion a photo veri proves more its the person you actualy chatting too."

Wrong, even someone with limited tech skills like me could fake a photo veri fairly easily, but setting up 20 plus accounts (with veries) and verifying them, just to have a profile that looks real is a lot of work for extremely little reward.

Photo vetoes are a waste of server space.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Veries, not vetoes, bloody autocarrot!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

People can ask you to jump through whatever hoops they like.

If you don't want to? Don't jump.

If someone doesn't believe you're real then the issue is more theirs than yours. It's a simple choice as to respond or not and whether you're willing to adhere to any requests.

The more demands people place on their own profiles the more they are likely to find similar demands placed on them by others.

A

over a year ago

Yes it is but a quick cross check of a few veris usually links most profiles to someone I've met. If somebody wants to make 20 fake accounts they are just a sad fucker who has too much time on their hands.Holding a piece of paper means fuck all.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

why worry what some Moron thinks of you

over a year ago

I'm not photo verified!! My verifications must all be fake then!!! What a load of rubbish!! It's just a tool used if you want to or not, been on here 5 years and never bothered with it!

over a year ago

"If the time ever comes that I start allowing the behaviour of other site members too effect me in such a way that I feel compelled I react by creating a thread moaning about it.......

I'll hang up my frock for good...

Think you might have misread or misunderstood our reason - we weren't moaning - as said before - thought it would make an interesting discussion point

"

over a year ago

Being verified in person is surely better than photo verified?

The photo verification is easy to get and that photo does not get shown so there is nothing stopping someone putting a load of fake photos up afterwards.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I think our veris speak for themselves, we have a good mix of play meets, socials and seperate veris

over a year ago

I don't adhere to anyone's demands. If people start asking things of me, then I simply ignore the messages.

When considering a potential meet we will send clear face pics of the two of us. I will not take 360 degree pictures of my naked body or his, I do not do action pics, I will not tell you my dress measurements. I don't do requests.

I couldn't give a monkeys if someone calls us fakes, stop reading my profile and annoy someone else. I simply cannot understand why the word fake annoys people.

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

You have verifications from meeting in person. Surely that is worth more than being photo verified.

We too were accused of being fake because we didn't want to meet with another couple who had sent us a message just saying "fancy meeting up tonight"

over a year ago

I'd say a really verify is better than a photo one. Some people are never happy lol....

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Got a series of messages the other day basically saying I was a fake and a Timewaster because I hadn't responded to an initial "Fancy an MMF" message from an unverified profile a few days previously...I was slightly irked that he'd blocked me before I could tell him that his latter messages were the reason he'd stay unverified whilst I carried on adding to my 200+ meets and having the time of my life

over a year ago

"I don't adhere to anyone's demands. If people start asking things of me, then I simply ignore the messages.

When considering a potential meet we will send clear face pics of the two of us. I will not take 360 degree pictures of my naked body or his, I do not do action pics, I will not tell you my dress measurements. I don't do requests.

I couldn't give a monkeys if someone calls us fakes, stop reading my profile and annoy someone else. I simply cannot understand why the word fake annoys people.

"

By *wickers1Couple
over a year ago

Hounslow

"The verification... meet in person

Pretty much tells everyone your real. No need for further proof for anyone is there"

over a year ago

21 published veris from.members. NUFF SAID!

over a year ago

"Being verified in person is surely better than photo verified?

The photo verification is easy to get and that photo does not get shown so there is nothing stopping someone putting a load of fake photos up afterwards.

"

Absolutely

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I didn't bother getting photo verified. Hasn't affected my fab experience negatively.

By *hortSweetandSexyWoman
over a year ago

NW London

I've had the exact same issue on my single profile and our couples profile.

On both occasions the person was photo verified and webcam verified but not verified by meet.

Both people joined the long list of people in our Block Lists...

Post new Message to Thread