Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Manners

Jump to newest

By *ord_Pussylick OP   Man
over a year ago

Trowbridge

So I personally think it nice to get a polite reply when I send a message.

Am I old fashioned?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

yes

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

In amongst the Unicorns & fairy dust

"So I personally think it nice to get a polite reply when I send a message.

Am I old fashioned? "

I wouldn't say old fashioned as it's nice to be nice

Unfortunately OP it will depend on who you are messaging I know as a swingle female I have to narrow my filters down but I still receive alot of mail per day and unfortunately don't have the time to reply to all as it is very very time consuming

over a year ago

Trowbridge

I think maybe that is the point as I guess the single women get inundated. Just nice to get a little bit of feedback sometimes makes all the difference.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Am I old fashioned? I wouldn't say old fashioned as it's nice to be nice

Unfortunately OP it will depend on who you are messaging I know as a swingle female I have to narrow my filters down but I still receive alot of mail per day and unfortunately don't have the time to reply to all as it is very very time consuming "

This for me too ^^

over a year ago

Site rules are pretty clear on the issue. Whilst we try to reply to every message we get some slip through. Do we feel rude because of that?.............nope no sleep lost.

over a year ago

site FAQ's say no reply=no thankyou.

I will reply with a polite no thanks, if it is a message thats polite, more than hey, or wanna meet?, they have read profile and match the criterior iv set out.

if its a 1-2 word message, they are younger, 100s of miles away, no pics on profile or message, then i wont waste my time just because they did.

especially as saying no so often results in abuse.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I suggested a self-written standard reply, thanking and rejecting - perhaps blocking at the same time too - some time ago. Not that many people were enthused by it though.

I think it would add a nice touch to fab, where all you single guys put a lot of effort into mailing lots of people, but generally hear nothing back.

If you think its a helpful idea, recommend it, as I'm going to suggest something similar again, when it's not so late at night.

over a year ago

"I suggested a self-written standard reply, thanking and rejecting - perhaps blocking at the same time too - some time ago. Not that many people were enthused by it though.

I think it would add a nice touch to fab, where all you single guys put a lot of effort into mailing lots of people, but generally hear nothing back.

If you think its a helpful idea, recommend it, as I'm going to suggest something similar again, when it's not so late at night."

It's easy enough to do. Compose, copy, paste.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"Site rules are pretty clear on the issue. Whilst we try to reply to every message we get some slip through. Do we feel rude because of that?.............nope no sleep lost.

"

i just ignore and delete them if i feel they are not appropriate ..its not about slipping through the net ...i just dont feel the need to respond

over a year ago

Trowbridge

I think it a good idea.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

there's a thread running in which a woman has received several really abusive replies having said "no thanks" this might be partly why ladies don't respond.

We have a line in our profile saying "no response means a polite no thank you"

over a year ago

Unrealistic and in many cases unnecessary. It is clearly stated in the FAQ that no reply means no thank you. I think all new people really need to read these before even sending that first message. A day does not go by without a thread like this. Maybe this is why some men get so abusive if you ignore them. READ THE FAQ FFS!!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Unrealistic and in many cases unnecessary. It is clearly stated in the FAQ that no reply means no thank you. I think all new people really need to read these before even sending that first message. A day does not go by without a thread like this. Maybe this is why some men get so abusive if you ignore them. READ THE FAQ FFS!!"

I think that lots of people not just the men feel a sense of entitlement when they join fab, they view other members as somehow less than them and as if they're a commodity waiting to be chosen. I'm not implying that the author of this post has that opinion but certainly some do.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Am I old fashioned? "

Op.. If you sent out 20 messages first thing and then went about your day. Logged in later and saw 20 messages in your inbox and thought woooo to find

No thanks

No thanks

Not my type

Etc etc etc..

Would that really be better?? I can't understand why an inbox of rejection would be a good thing? I prefer people I message to ignore me if they aren't interested so that when I do get a reply its usually a positive one!

over a year ago

Still I'm doing it!!!! Already this morning had two plain abusive messages and one "well I didn't fancy you anyway" responses to my 14 "no thanks". Going to have stop but I'm starting to develop a morbid fascination, trying to guess which one will be polite and which one call me a fat old slag!

over a year ago

"I suggested a self-written standard reply, thanking and rejecting - perhaps blocking at the same time too - some time ago. Not that many people were enthused by it though.

If you think its a helpful idea, recommend it, as I'm going to suggest something similar again, when it's not so late at night."

This.

over a year ago

"I think maybe that is the point as I guess the single women get inundated. Just nice to get a little bit of feedback sometimes makes all the difference. "
no reply = no interest = feedback

Post new Message to Thread