Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is it just us?

Jump to newest

By *elightful 2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We had a meet arranged for last Friday, been chatting a lot and then suddenly the other person stops talking and disappears from fab. Ok just thought hope he is alright or maybe has found a vanilla girlfriend.

Then last night some one messaged me for hours! Chatted non stop and said wanted to skype today ( made a skype account while we were talking ), spoke to hubby this morning on here but when I went to send a message this afternoon he has blocked us! What is that all about and is it just us!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately you will find a lot of that on this site. Lots of people who talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

Pity you didnt post this last week as I have been working in Wales for the last 2 weeks and would have filled in for you.

Its a lot harder for us single guys, us genuine ones get tarred with the same brush as all the timewasters and idiots.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

over a year ago

"We had a meet arranged for last Friday, been chatting a lot and then suddenly the other person stops talking and disappears from fab. Ok just thought hope he is alright or maybe has found a vanilla girlfriend.

Then last night some one messaged me for hours! Chatted non stop and said wanted to skype today ( made a skype account while we were talking ), spoke to hubby this morning on here but when I went to send a message this afternoon he has blocked us! What is that all about and is it just us!! "

Its not just you I have had lots of people do the same with me over the tim I have been on here but hold in there as there are plenty of genuine people its just finding them thats the trick

over a year ago

Seems to be an influx of dreamers I blame Channel 4 and that book.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/15 16:16:07]

over a year ago

Yes, it happends all the time to me too, women do the same lol.

over a year ago

Timewasters unfortunately, site is full of them.

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We have spoke to so many men on here and they all back out at the last minute!!! May be they think i am really a right minger!!!! lol

Lets just hope that some of the men we are still talking to will change our luck on here!

over a year ago

"We have spoke to so many men on here and they all back out at the last minute!!! May be they think i am really a right minger!!!! lol

Lets just hope that some of the men we are still talking to will change our luck on here!"

Looking at your pics your just fine its just so many fake people or people that pretend to be single then when it comes to it they run a mile

over a year ago

"We have spoke to so many men on here and they all back out at the last minute!!! May be they think i am really a right minger!!!! lol

Lets just hope that some of the men we are still talking to will change our luck on here!"

It's not you OP. It's the nature of the site. An influx of bullshitters at the moment. Stick to only verified users. Put your filters on and do the searching yourself.

over a year ago

Lets just hope that some of the men we are still talking to will change our luck on here!

It's not you OP. It's the nature of the site. An influx of bullshitters at the moment. Stick to only verified users. Put your filters on and do the searching yourself."

Even verified ones can play you around.

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

I search my self, a lot of the men are verified and have filters on! lol Never mind all the fun of fab !!

over a year ago

Welcome to the wonderful world of fab swingers

over a year ago

"I search my self, a lot of the men are verified and have filters on! lol Never mind all the fun of fab !! "

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"We had a meet arranged for last Friday, been chatting a lot and then suddenly the other person stops talking and disappears from fab. Ok just thought hope he is alright or maybe has found a vanilla girlfriend.

Then last night some one messaged me for hours! Chatted non stop and said wanted to skype today ( made a skype account while we were talking ), spoke to hubby this morning on here but when I went to send a message this afternoon he has blocked us! What is that all about and is it just us!! "

I've had that more times than I can count. That's why I go for a social meet first. Less pressure on them and me.

By *aulnorthumberlandMan
over a year ago

Blyth

As as a single man its a right heart breaker when you chat to a fem or Cpl for Ages and then they disappear it pisses me right off

over a year ago

"Seems to be an influx of dreamers I blame Channel 4 and that book. "

over a year ago

"Seems to be an influx of dreamers I blame Channel 4 and that book. "

over a year ago

Chat to me, look me up I wont mess you about.

Even if in their eyes you are aright minger there is no reason to just stop chatting.

It seems too many people on this site just want to talk. If they told you that up front it wouldnt be a problem as at least we would know where we stand.

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

Then last night some one messaged me for hours! Chatted non stop and said wanted to skype today ( made a skype account while we were talking ), spoke to hubby this morning on here but when I went to send a message this afternoon he has blocked us! What is that all about and is it just us!!

I've had that more times than I can count. That's why I go for a social meet first. Less pressure on them and me."

We skype, then social and then take it from there.

over a year ago

Far from it ,and I'll be down to visit soon x

By *ustin666666Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had that more times than I can count. That's why I go for a social meet first. Less pressure on them and me.

We skype, then social and then take it from there."

these idiots just get in the way of us genuine blokes, who just seem to go by the Way side.

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

Far from it ,and I'll be down to visit soon x"

I will hold you to that!!!

over a year ago

As others have said lots of idiots and timewasters on here at the moment. Nothing wrong with you Op in fact you look a bit of a hottie so there loss

over a year ago

Clearly as normal these are just single guys pretending to have a partner

over a year ago

We skype, then social and then take it from there. these idiots just get in the way of us genuine blokes, who just seem to go by the Way side. "

I disagree, idiots are fairly easy to spot, genuine ones stand out a mile

By *itTVlondonTV/TS
over a year ago

London

I (most of the time) arrange meets with more than one and if one of the three turns up then it s all well and good; if all 3 are genuine (rare) and all turn up they have to wait (in car/street/station) till I tell them it s ok to buzz ; Love this site

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We skype, then social and then take it from there. these idiots just get in the way of us genuine blokes, who just seem to go by the Way side.

I disagree, idiots are fairly easy to spot, genuine ones stand out a mile"

I have always thought my self a good judge of character and can generally work people out quite quick but not finding it as easy as you say!!

By *layfulpairsxCouple
over a year ago

Southend

The likelihood is that they are attached guys who get off on the idea of chatting to genuine swingers. The good news is that they could be sat w@nking talking to another guy sat w@nking who's pretending to be a girl or couple.

They'd probably get properly stressed if they knew the truth!

over a year ago

"The likelihood is that they are attached guys who get off on the idea of chatting to genuine swingers. The good news is that they could be sat w@nking talking to another guy sat w@nking who's pretending to be a girl or couple.

They'd probably get properly stressed if they knew the truth! "

Ha ha pmsl

over a year ago

We get this a lot with single guys, arrange to meet then they don't show, so now when we arrange to meet, we always arrange with a few and hope at least one turns up lol I so want a gangbang but I'm guessing finding guys that would show up is gonna be a challenge xx sue xx

over a year ago

This is exactly why we ended up deleting our couples profile. I can't say this thread has given me much incentive to try again either. Time to hit the clubs for us now instead.

over a year ago

WOW!! Most amazing thing i have read on the forums!

would you guys agree there must be a way to help stop the site being ruined?

i have no idea if it is beneficial financially to the site, or if it is a case of peaks and troughs, but there has been a big increase in single guys and single guy bashing. There are lots of good guys being overlooked because of these timewasters and good couples are missing out.

I hope we can work something out i love fab and most of the people on it some great people, but the site is not gonna benefit from people knowing it for fakes!

or am looking in the wrong direction?

over a year ago

bottled it i expect

over a year ago

sadly it is all to common

over a year ago

"I (most of the time) arrange meets with more than one and if one of the three turns up then it s all well and good; if all 3 are genuine (rare) and all turn up they have to wait (in car/street/station) till I tell them it s ok to buzz ; Love this site "

over a year ago

"Timewasters unfortunately, site is full of them."

they aren't timewasters, timewasters are people who arrange meets and don't show up. They haven't wasted your time by messaging you, if you message them back then you have wasted your own time

over a year ago

I'm the kiss of death! Lol

I can be chatting to someone all night, arrange a meet - then the next day they are UNLOS! Lol

I also find it really weird that if Will is not logged on the site is quiet, as soon as he logs on we get messages!! I don't take it personally, just makes me giggle

Sara

over a year ago

Im quite new to it all and I haven't went awol on anyone yet but it does cross my mind sometimes. Ive done a bit of cam and went to my first party and really enjoyed it ... but sometimes out of the blue it can all just feel a bit overwhelming ... especially if you have been chatting and then theres pressure to meet ... i guess some of us are just a bit scared to say no and think its easier to disappear ... not that it helps you guys but i dont think they all set out to be time wasters or are liars x

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Timewasters unfortunately, site is full of them.

they aren't timewasters, timewasters are people who arrange meets and don't show up. They haven't wasted your time by messaging you, if you message them back then you have wasted your own time"

If they are not genuine and looking for real in person fun then yes they are wasting my time. Not going to put me off fab, it's just really annoying, but was on another site before this one and that was actually worse!!

over a year ago

I've had the situation where it's looking great then been blocked.

Had 2 couples leave the site as well.

Just tell me you think I'm an ugly bustard, bit extreme leaving the site lol

over a year ago

they aren't timewasters, timewasters are people who arrange meets and don't show up. They haven't wasted your time by messaging you, if you message them back then you have wasted your own time

If they are not genuine and looking for real in person fun then yes they are wasting my time. Not going to put me off fab, it's just really annoying, but was on another site before this one and that was actually worse!! "

then don't message them or reply to them, then you won't have your time wasted.

I'm not meeting for fun, doesn't make me a timewaster

over a year ago

Don't think I've ever been cocked about....you've just had a couple of duffs I guess

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

If they are not genuine and looking for real in person fun then yes they are wasting my time. Not going to put me off fab, it's just really annoying, but was on another site before this one and that was actually worse!!

I'm not meeting for fun, doesn't make me a timewaster "

But our situation is that we do want to meet and these men say they do too and then let us down. If some one messaged me and said they just wanted to chat but not meet then I would say thanks but no thanks and have no problem with that. It is all about honesty not slating some one for wanting something different from me.

By *layfulpairsxCouple
over a year ago

Southend

But our situation is that we do want to meet and these men say they do too and then let us down. If some one messaged me and said they just wanted to chat but not meet then I would say thanks but no thanks and have no problem with that. It is all about honesty not slating some one for wanting something different from me."

There's the reason. If they say they won't meet you will stop talking to them so they lie.

over a year ago

But our situation is that we do want to meet and these men say they do too and then let us down. If some one messaged me and said they just wanted to chat but not meet then I would say thanks but no thanks and have no problem with that. It is all about honesty not slating some one for wanting something different from me."

Exactly, but exchanging messages and then saying no to meeting someone isn't time wasting, like someone else said, the only people who are timewasters are the ones who allow for their time to be wasted

over a year ago

But our situation is that we do want to meet and these men say they do too and then let us down. If some one messaged me and said they just wanted to chat but not meet then I would say thanks but no thanks and have no problem with that. It is all about honesty not slating some one for wanting something different from me. There's the reason. If they say they won't meet you will stop talking to them so they lie."

over a year ago

But our situation is that we do want to meet and these men say they do too and then let us down. If some one messaged me and said they just wanted to chat but not meet then I would say thanks but no thanks and have no problem with that. It is all about honesty not slating some one for wanting something different from me. There's the reason. If they say they won't meet you will stop talking to them so they lie."

If they start lying its a block and delete, no time wasted

over a year ago

Honestly?..

How do people get into these situations?..

I've never done this to anyone and I've also never had this happen.

I can honestly say that.

over a year ago

"Honestly?..

I can honestly say that. "

me too! even when i was looking at meeting people, but then again I did have a strict criteria

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

We get the same quite a lot speak for ages then arrange a meet try to contact them to confirm they are still up for it and get no reply or we get loads of last minute excuses to cancel ,we don`t take it to heart just move on and hope the next one is genuine

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/15 21:28:52]

over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

"Honestly?..

I can honestly say that. "

We have not ever done this to any one either and are always honest as to what we want, what we are after and what we can do. But hay ho gonna just have to mark it down to experience!!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yup, I think it's a bit disingenuous to blame the OP. Well verified and apparently genuine people do sometimes just decide to leave the site without notice, and if you were talking to them at the time about meeting, your time could indeed be wasted.

over a year ago

Just wanted to say this has happened to us on at least 3 occasions. We want to chat a little first to check chemistry. We try and arrange something and they dissapear. We haven't had a no show thank goodness but we have had a last minute cancellation. It can get very disheartening when you are yet to get your first meeting. You start to question everything about this website.

Post new Message to Thread