Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Profile Neutrality

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ther are many threads on here asking for profile advice. This is not one of them by the way.

Everybody has a different way of viewing profiles and what to some is a good profile puts others off.

My question is is it best to keep your profile very neutral and then discuss the finer details of what you like once chatting to people, or to put the finer detail in the profile thus alienating yourself from people merely cos you said you enjoyed something.

our view is just because you have tried something that you enjoyed does not mean it is top of your agenda when meeting people. However sometimes saying you have tried things puts people off.

Hopefully this makes sense

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I don't say what I like because i feel like people would latch onto it and think that's what I'm all about if we met. I would rather keep an open mind about what it is I'm looking for!

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Ther are many threads on here asking for profile advice. This is not one of them by the way.

Everybody has a different way of viewing profiles and what to some is a good profile puts others off.

My question is is it best to keep your profile very neutral and then discuss the finer details of what you like once chatting to people, or to put the finer detail in the profile thus alienating yourself from people merely cos you said you enjoyed something.

our view is just because you have tried something that you enjoyed does not mean it is top of your agenda when meeting people. However sometimes saying you have tried things puts people off.

Hopefully this makes sense"

You make perfect sense.

I think you can tell a lot by what people put in their profiles and the way they write them. It can help or hinder your success.

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Even when my profile is fully active I don't list all my interests which are pretty extensive

Some used to think they could pick them out like a menu

Now I inform as and when and if I think the interests are shared or something to be explored

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/15 14:03:28]

over a year ago

I'd only say what i'm looking for on here, not what i've previously done. If it puts people off then good, obviously.

Like if i was looking for sex, but into other things not as much then i'd either leave them off or mention that i dabble in it to emphasis that it's not that important.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ther are many threads on here asking for profile advice. This is not one of them by the way.

Hopefully this makes sense"

We've tried both approaches and they work about the same .

over a year ago

Hopefully this makes sense

We've tried both approaches and they work about the same . "

Will leave our profile as it is then lol

over a year ago

Just read your profile Geordie. I think it's pretty ace. Bit of humour and tells it like it is about your situation and wants. My message to you would be 100% about what i bring etc because there is nothing I'd need to ask you guys as all is there already.

over a year ago

Thanks moshermick

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I've found profiles and photos should be taken with a pinch of salt really. Once you get chatting to someone you quickly realise if they're a decent person or someone you may fancy in a sexual way. A lot of what's on a profile is irrelevant once you get chatting. The hard part is just getting to chat to someone!

It's a shame more people don't just chat. It's the best way to get to know them but I think people just read a profile and think no they're not for me I won't bother. You've got to have a balanced profile but it's hard to get that balance right because everybody's looking for different things.

There's a lot of good people on here that get overlooked maybe sometimes because of a shitty profile. That's where a lot of the frustration comes from. Especially if you're a decent guy and you're finding it hard to attract interest.

over a year ago

How do you find mine??

haha

over a year ago

"I've found profiles and photos should be taken with a pinch of salt really. Once you get chatting to someone you quickly realise if they're a decent person or someone you may fancy in a sexual way. A lot of what's on a profile is irrelevant once you get chatting. The hard part is just getting to chat to someone!

It's a shame more people don't just chat. It's the best way to get to know them but I think people just read a profile and think no they're not for me I won't bother. You've got to have a balanced profile but it's hard to get that balance right because everybody's looking for different things.

There's a lot of good people on here that get overlooked maybe sometimes because of a shitty profile. That's where a lot of the frustration comes from. Especially if you're a decent guy and you're finding it hard to attract interest."

it is a bit of a numbers game...But can you put people off by making your profile too bland?

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I like to see a good profile - too bland or basic is a big turn off, and usually leads to a no chat.

It tells me about what someone thinks without answering how they think they should... also a load of questions ends up like some really naff job interview...

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I like to see a good profile - too bland or basic is a big turn off, and usually leads to a no chat.

It tells me about what someone thinks without answering how they think they should... also a load of questions ends up like some really naff job interview..."

Some women's one's are the worst and actually quite hillarious in a sad way. You have to read through the list of 20 things they hate about men then once you get past that they list the 20 things you 'must have' to stand any chance of even getting a reply from them. At the end of trawling through all that you realise you have more chance of getting a meet with the Queen!

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"I like to see a good profile - too bland or basic is a big turn off, and usually leads to a no chat.

It tells me about what someone thinks without answering how they think they should... also a load of questions ends up like some really naff job interview...

Some women's one's are the worst and actually quite hillarious in a sad way. You have to read through the list of 20 things they hate about men then once you get past that they list the 20 things you 'must have' to stand any chance of even getting a reply from them. At the end of trawling through all that you realise you have more chance of getting a meet with the Queen!"

Yes, but it shows what they are like more than a "fill this in later" Good way of working out compatibility... or not...

over a year ago

"I don't say what I like because i feel like people would latch onto it and think that's what I'm all about if we met. I would rather keep an open mind about what it is I'm looking for!"

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Some women's one's are the worst and actually quite hillarious in a sad way. You have to read through the list of 20 things they hate about men then once you get past that they list the 20 things you 'must have' to stand any chance of even getting a reply from them. At the end of trawling through all that you realise you have more chance of getting a meet with the Queen!

Yes, but it shows what they are like more than a "fill this in later" Good way of working out compatibility... or not... "

It's certainly better than 'fill this in later' but no self respecting man is going to go near a woman like this. She sounds like real hard work! This being fab of course she'll still get inundated with hundreds of messages anyway

over a year ago

Some women's one's are the worst and actually quite hillarious in a sad way. You have to read through the list of 20 things they hate about men then once you get past that they list the 20 things you 'must have' to stand any chance of even getting a reply from them. At the end of trawling through all that you realise you have more chance of getting a meet with the Queen!"

But would you really want to meet a ranty egotistical drama queen?? Surely it's a lucky escape.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

But would you really want to meet a ranty egotistical drama queen?? Surely it's a lucky escape. "

Exactly. See my previous post.

over a year ago

Putting up all those stipulations just means you're gonna get fakers contacting you and good actors. I suppose some people are happy with that, i wouldn't be.

Post new Message to Thread