Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Maybe it's just me

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Maybe it's just me, but what's the point of the wink system on this site.

Now I thought it was to show you read someone's profile, that tick all boxes, so you send cheeky wink to see if they think the same.

But, from winks I get, I'd say 99 out every 100 don't come close to ticking what's on my profile, thus I'm not going to be interested in the slightest, so why do these people waste there time winking?

Do they really think I'm going to drop all my preferences just cause they winked?

Is there not a way that people can only wink if at very least they match profile filters, ie age range etc, whatever filters they use on the "whose near by your preference"

Is there option in settings to turn winks off, does anyone know?

Thank you, have a happy Sunday

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In my opinion 'winks' on here are pointless

You can't turn them off but you can start ignoring them x

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I delete mine about once a month - don't even bother looking at them. They seem a bit pointless to me.

I did use them for a start in my time on the site, but quickly discovered that messaging works much better.

over a year ago

I thought the winks are to let people know you noticed there profile, some people have preferences but you never know sometimes the right profile might make you think again and it saves the time of a awkward message

over a year ago

I don't look at them. I also find the 'who looked at me' completely pointless too.

over a year ago

I like them, my last 3 meets started by me giving them a cheeky wink (yes, I did spell that correctly!)

over a year ago

I think the winks are good for showing your interest without filling ladies mail boxes with messages, from what ive heard you lot get enough messages as it is. So you can wink at someone and if they like you you can start chatting if not then they can just ignore it

over a year ago

I rarely receive winks - but had one this morning from a lovely lady. We've now chatted by message and exchanged some pics... A lovely Sunday morning

over a year ago

It's when you want to fuck a woman but cannot due to her age filters. Because of the age filters you cannot even send her a message so you're reduced to either winking or fabbing pictures to get her attention

over a year ago

"It's when you want to fuck a woman but cannot due to her age filters. Because of the age filters you cannot even send her a message so you're reduced to either winking or fabbing pictures to get her attention "

If theyve blocked your age range you cant send winks either

over a year ago

"In my opinion 'winks' on here are pointless

You can't turn them off but you can start ignoring them x"

I do ignore as a rule, generally have a scan down and see that all from age ranges that I wouldn't be u retested in, I then bulk delete.

Maybe admin could add a feature to the site to turn off winks like can turn off people fabbing pics

over a year ago

I just bulk delete once a month

over a year ago

I'm a winker

By *iguy39Man
over a year ago

manchester

All a wink does is say 'I'm too lazy to message'.

over a year ago

I like winks i see them as a ice breaker

over a year ago

"All a wink does is say 'I'm too lazy to message'."

I agree, if someone was genuinely interested they would message

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"I like winks i see them as a ice breaker"

I agree and save unwanted messages.

over a year ago

I always forget that winks are there.

Apart from when I've had a few too many vino's on a Friday night and I go on a winking, fab'ing spree...

over a year ago

"I like winks i see them as a ice breaker

I agree and save unwanted messages."

I agree, like winks, both sending and getting. I think they are a quick and simple look at me, I like the look of you. If you don't fancy them you just ignore!

over a year ago

I pay no attention to them, just delete every so often, totally pointless!

over a year ago

I still send the occasional wink, after I have read a profile and think there is a match, just to let them know I am attracted to them.

Don't know why I do it though to be fair as they probably never get checked so it is a bit of a useless thing. Especially when it comes to people thinking its lazy.

For instance, if I wink, its not because I am being lazy its because I think we could work, i am not expecting you to start a convo and send first message, ust wink back then that atleast gives me the go ahead to write a meaningful message, rather than spend time writing a decent and thought out message for it to be ignored, or read and not deleted (which is a pet hate)

I think i may just give up on the wink

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

Okehampton-ish

We are with you on that..How much effort does it take to wink ?..Errr None.

If someone in genuinely interested they would have read through the profile and sent a message.

Lots cant be bothered to read through profiles and always go straight to the pix and wink.

We have stated on our profile, Winks and one liners don't enthuse us, But like most couples we still get them.

Or should we be grateful as beggars cant be choosers..lol.

LETS HAVE A VOTE FOR REMOVING THE WINK..

over a year ago

I think they are great

over a year ago

We don't mind a wink what pisses us off is people who winks you so if interested we wink back then they ignore , what's the point ?

over a year ago

"I thought the winks are to let people know you noticed there profile, some people have preferences but you never know sometimes the right profile might make you think again and it saves the time of a awkward message "

Exactly this. Let's say there are 5 requirements on a person's profile and i match 4. Maybe I'm a year outside there range. Ive sent messages and they just get ignored. A wink just says I'm interested and they either look or don't. No dramas. It's never worked yet by the way lol. Nowadays I only wink if it's specifically mentioned to do so on a profile.

over a year ago

"We don't mind a wink what pisses us off is people who winks you so if interested we wink back then they ignore , what's the point ? "

Yeah I'd follow up with a message if you winked back, that's the point.

over a year ago

"I rarely receive winks - but had one this morning from a lovely lady. We've now chatted by message and exchanged some pics... A lovely Sunday morning "

See it can work people! Hope it works out for you

over a year ago

They are so completely harmless I can't understand what the issue is to be honest.

over a year ago

Sorry, we just had to wink!!

over a year ago

"I thought the winks are to let people know you noticed there profile, some people have preferences but you never know sometimes the right profile might make you think again and it saves the time of a awkward message

Exactly this. Let's say there are 5 requirements on a person's profile and i match 4. Maybe I'm a year outside there range. Ive sent messages and they just get ignored. A wink just says I'm interested and they either look or don't. No dramas. It's never worked yet by the way lol. Nowadays I only wink if it's specifically mentioned to do so on a profile."

Surely if the message gets ignored, that's your answer, how will a wink change that?

over a year ago

"We are with you on that..How much effort does it take to wink ?..Errr None.

If someone in genuinely interested they would have read through the profile and sent a message.

Lots cant be bothered to read through profiles and always go straight to the pix and wink.

We have stated on our profile, Winks and one liners don't enthuse us, But like most couples we still get them.

Or should we be grateful as beggars cant be choosers..lol.

LETS HAVE A VOTE FOR REMOVING THE WINK.. "

Here's my vote

By *apillonNoirWoman
over a year ago

There...

They're on a par with random friend invites in my view. I bulk delete once a week. When I did review them it was from folk who obviously hadn't read my profile so now I rarely bother looking at the profiles behind the winkers. The only exceptions to that rule is an intriguing profile photo...

over a year ago

I use fabs to show I like a pic, not as a means to stealth wink.

I use winks to show I am interested in the person. They may be what I'm looking for. I may be what they are looking for.

But I won't waste valuable song writing time typing a message that will probably get deleted.

A wise forumite once said "Be the hunter not the hunted".

I tried that, but find it is better for me to have people who like the look of me, message me first. Being hunted, a wink is just rattling the bushes to catch the hunters attention

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

We don't look at winks, if someone likes us they will message. We only wink when it's part of a forum fab/wink game

over a year ago

"We don't look at winks, if someone likes us they will message. We only wink when it's part of a forum fab/wink game "

That's only time I wink to, I personally think if someone genuinely interested they will send a short message

over a year ago

"

Surely if the message gets ignored, that's your answer, how will a wink change that?"

A wink can be a good thing, it lets the person know I am interested, if they are too, they wink back then I type up a well thought out message that's is not a one liner or cut 'n' paste

It saves blokes like me who don't wink a lot from typing up a well thought out message for it to be read and ignored or just ignored completely.

However at the minute as I don't wink, cos nobody likes them, I spend a lot of time coming up with messages that are decent but still get ignored, not even a no thank you as a reply.

so the wink can be useful and save time for both parties

over a year ago

I think all our meets have started with a wink we like them

over a year ago

"

Surely if the message gets ignored, that's your answer, how will a wink change that?

A wink can be a good thing, it lets the person know I am interested, if they are too, they wink back then I type up a well thought out message that's is not a one liner or cut 'n' paste

It saves blokes like me who don't wink a lot from typing up a well thought out message for it to be read and ignored or just ignored completely.

However at the minute as I don't wink, cos nobody likes them, I spend a lot of time coming up with messages that are decent but still get ignored, not even a no thank you as a reply.

so the wink can be useful and save time for both parties"

My response was to the guy that said he send a message which was ignored, he then went on to send a wink. Surely if message is ignored there's your answer, why then proceed to wink.

As for comments you made. I reply to all messages from those that fit my preferences that's show effort was taken even if to say no thanks, I think it would be time saving if site offered a drop down option when replying so a standard no thanks could be sent, however, the site does not seem a no reply as being rude, the FAQs state a no reply us a no thanks, and should be taken that way.

That said, I won't reply to messages from those that haven't read my profile, for example someone 20 years outside age range, and my reasoning is if they can't be bothered to read and respect my preferences, why should I be bothered to respect them with a reply.

over a year ago

Instead of moaning about them people could just ignore them the same as they ignore messages from people they aren't interested in. Just because you don't like something on the site it doesn't mean others don't.

over a year ago

We like winks

over a year ago

"Instead of moaning about them people could just ignore them the same as they ignore messages from people they aren't interested in. Just because you don't like something on the site it doesn't mean others don't. "

Have I at any point said someone can't like winks, Nope I haven't.

Equally same could be said if you don't like a post don't comment and pass in by

over a year ago

They have there uses, but would be good to have the option to turn them off and save some people time and wishful thinking.

over a year ago

"They have there uses, but would be good to have the option to turn them off and save some people time and wishful thinking."

And that's my point, an option to turn off, so those that don't like them don't have to use them or see notifications that they have them, equally those that like them can carry on using the feature

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"They have there uses, but would be good to have the option to turn them off and save some people time and wishful thinking.

And that's my point, an option to turn off, so those that don't like them don't have to use them or see notifications that they have them, equally those that like them can carry on using the feature"

Well I'm glad you winked me earlier. It works for me

over a year ago

"I think all our meets have started with a wink we like them "

over a year ago

"They have there uses, but would be good to have the option to turn them off and save some people time and wishful thinking.

And that's my point, an option to turn off, so those that don't like them don't have to use them or see notifications that they have them, equally those that like them can carry on using the feature

Well I'm glad you winked me earlier. It works for me "

Winked you from pics forum lol

over a year ago

"I like them, my last 3 meets started by me giving them a cheeky wink (yes, I did spell that correctly!)"

I've met via a wink in the past, isn't it just a bit of fun

over a year ago

"I like them, my last 3 meets started by me giving them a cheeky wink (yes, I did spell that correctly!)

I've met via a wink in the past, isn't it just a bit of fun "

Only a bit of fun if you find it fun

over a year ago

"I like them, my last 3 meets started by me giving them a cheeky wink (yes, I did spell that correctly!)

I've met via a wink in the past, isn't it just a bit of fun "

To me, this whole site is a bit of fun to be taken with a massive punch of salt and never seriously

over a year ago

jeez there are some miserable buggers on here sometimes!

over a year ago

"jeez there are some miserable buggers on here sometimes! "

What do you mean sometimes??!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

First world problems

over a year ago

I wink if its someone i like but consider outta my league then if they wink back ill send a message x

Post new Message to Thread