Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Dating on fab?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone ever stated on their profile that they're looking for dating rather than just casual hook ups?

I know this is a swinging site, and thus so should quite rightly be treated as one...

However...... finding someone in the vanilla world who would be openly into this lifestyle can somewhat be a challenge.

I know many people would think negatively of looking for a relationship on here, but surely this would really be the ideal place? So long as both parties are of course are aware that you're maybe hoping for more.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had any success with this before, or I should maybe just treat this site for what it is and look elsewhere?

thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reammypussyWoman
over a year ago

Perran

see I would date someone from here but they would have to be open n honest at all times !!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's loads on here that met on here and have since got together

over a year ago

I can see where you are coming from, and I agree with you, but some or most people I guess are here just for the regular fun without commitment.

I have seen a few posts on forums saying they met a current husband/wife from this lifestyle. It's purely dependant on who you meet and if they are into the same thing.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

weather its a dating site or not no ones ever sure of what the other person does in there time when not with you

with the lifestyle on here you know what your expecting you either except it or not

theres been plenty of relationships being made on these sites some make it and some dont,

hoping for more you can also get burnt for it as some will tell you what you want to hear.

over a year ago

"weather its a dating site or not no ones ever sure of what the other person does in there time when not with you

with the lifestyle on here you know what your expecting you either except it or not

theres been plenty of relationships being made on these sites some make it and some dont,

hoping for more you can also get burnt for it as some will tell you what you want to hear."

well that's why I'm on about dating. Dating in the traditional sense, where you don't have sex straight away....

ha! I'll probably get cursed for that suggestion!

over a year ago

I can see both sides. As a single man, would love to find a girlfriend but it's probably not going to happen on here. Being single, should feel lucky that another man is willing to share his wife with you. If I did find someone, it would hurt if she went out to socials and had hundreds of other men but if there were a couple of regulars that she had for 121 then I'd be okay with that. The key element here is trust and that comes from talking to each other.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If you are being honest about what you are looking for on your profile then i don't see a problem.I think many people on here would consider it too,good luck.

over a year ago

"I can see both sides. As a single man, would love to find a girlfriend but it's probably not going to happen on here. Being single, should feel lucky that another man is willing to share his wife with you. If I did find someone, it would hurt if she went out to socials and had hundreds of other men but if there were a couple of regulars that she had for 121 then I'd be okay with that. The key element here is trust and that comes from talking to each other."

well I think that's something I've noticed with couples on here... communication ant trust I'd key between them, as it should be with every relationship and not just swinging couples.

I'd have set boundaries and rules with swinging if I were to be a part of a relationship, as I'm sure most couples do.

over a year ago

Where better to find someone who's already into this than here. Like another poster has said, loads of people seem to have hooked up successfully on here so it's certainly possible.

over a year ago

I haven't dated from fab but I definitely would. Though it's hard finding a single guy that doesn't want just NSA fun or sex the first time we meet. Also I wouldn't want to swing as a couple so that's also an issue. Guess I'll just stick to fucking everyone.

over a year ago

I also think those that meet via here for a relationship should both take a little time out from swinging to form a solid relationship and build trust with each other before diving into swinging world

over a year ago

Dating in real life can be tricky. Not mentioning online meets. Trouble is.....when someone wants something from you he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he want... But that just life isn't it

I dare the person who tell you what you can or can't do on here on eanywere else.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I've had more real dates from fab than a dating site so there are people open to dating

over a year ago

Acht.. i reckon I'll post it on my profile.

Watch my inbox go from countless per day to zilch! Haha

Thanks folks.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Acht.. i reckon I'll post it on my profile.

Watch my inbox go from countless per day to zilch! Haha

Thanks folks. "

I has it on my profile for a while and still got messages

By *uby_xWoman
over a year ago

funky town

I'm on a dating site as well as being on fab, if I met someone that i liked on here and we both wanted to take it to another level I don't see a problem with that.

over a year ago

Ive met someone on here, so yes it can happen. Early days yet but i feel like a teenager again, and the sex is better than any vanilla sex, so all good x

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I've been approached recently by a really lovely man I've met several times elsrwhere from another's naughty place

He's up for a LTR provided we both become totally monogamous

He's worth a few bob and devilishly handsome and great company but I'm not after just one exclusive LTR

He's sad bit he'll live lol

over a year ago

"I've been approached recently by a really lovely man I've met several times elsrwhere from another's naughty place

He's worth a few bob and devilishly handsome and great company but I'm not after just one exclusive LTR

He's sad bit he'll live lol "

forgive me, but what does LTR stand for?

over a year ago

I would like to meet the one on here, at least we would both know what we like right?

Couples profile would be great

over a year ago

"I've been approached recently by a really lovely man I've met several times elsrwhere from another's naughty place

He's sad bit he'll live lol

forgive me, but what does LTR stand for? "

Long term relationship

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes, I would be open to a relationship with someone off here. Why not?

At least you would know one of the many sides of a person, their sexual preferences.

Just like meeting someone from the vanilla world honesty would have to be there and trust earned.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"Dating in the traditional sense, where you don't have sex straight away....

"

Why does dating mean you can't have sex?

over a year ago

"Dating in the traditional sense, where you don't have sex straight away....

Why does dating mean you can't have sex?"

Yes I have to admit I'd fall at this hurdle like it tooooooo much!

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"weather its a dating site or not no ones ever sure of what the other person does in there time when not with you

hoping for more you can also get burnt for it as some will tell you what you want to hear.

well that's why I'm on about dating. Dating in the traditional sense, where you don't have sex straight away....

ha! I'll probably get cursed for that suggestion! "

I don't use fab for dating, but very rarely have sex straight away. Prefer socials first to build some sort of basis for sex.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

He's sad bit he'll live lol "

Send him my way! !

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

ha! I'll probably get cursed for that suggestion! "

There is no reason why you couldn't find a relationship on here, or progressive swinging, or even a poly relationship. I don't think any of those necessarily mean no sex to start with as swingers generally have a different _iew on sex. But if that's what you want to do and are open and honest from the start there is no reason why you couldn't do that.

You could try looking at books such as; The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures by Dossie Easton, or Tristan Taormino's Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships

over a year ago

Take things as they come,if I met a lady from here and felt a connection,enjoyed their company and they felt the same would be great to take it further,can also have fun on a meet without sex being the only thong on menu

over a year ago

"I also think those that meet via here for a relationship should both take a little time out from swinging to form a solid relationship and build trust with each other before diving into swinging world"

Totally agree with the above statement

over a year ago

It needs to go on, i need to be dined on..and run through the tulips

Her

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think if it happens, it happens...

Sometimes people come across as desperate for love and affection & that sometimes is sad to see. I hope they find it with the right person.

I personally don't get the rush to have the couple profile & the postings of 'put the kettle on', 'ok, do you want toast', 'yes please, 1 slice', it comes across as grandstanding more than anything else.

But hey, what others do.....

Hope you find what you seek.

over a year ago

"Has anyone ever stated on their profile that they're looking for dating rather than just casual hook ups?

I know this is a swinging site, and thus so should quite rightly be treated as one...

However...... finding someone in the vanilla world who would be openly into this lifestyle can somewhat be a challenge.

I know many people would think negatively of looking for a relationship on here, but surely this would really be the ideal place? So long as both parties are of course are aware that you're maybe hoping for more.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had any success with this before, or I should maybe just treat this site for what it is and look elsewhere?

thanks. "

fun and friendship

over a year ago

If a relationship happens with 2 people from here, I say good on you!!! Why not, if it feels right for them n no one is getting hurt, then go for it

By *urvybrunette91Woman
over a year ago

tidworth

If I got on well with someone and they asked me on a date, why not go?!

over a year ago

"There's loads on here that met on here and have since got together"

Yep us

over a year ago

I am still looking lol

over a year ago

I'd love to get it on with someone off here that has the same _iews on sex as me and naughty mindset. .. id struggle with a vanilla guy now I think ...

By *ackStrakerMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I'd love to get it on with someone off here that has the same _iews on sex as me and naughty mindset. .. id struggle with a vanilla guy now I think ... "

You are the kinda girl a guy what's to take home. Striking and independent

over a year ago

I'm open too it, its hard to find slim bi girls let alone slim bi girls without kids who can accommodate too!

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We met on here as singles over two years ago... Niether of us were on here looking for a LTR but we just kinda clicked. obviously if you meet on here, u already have certain similar interests (dirty, kinky sex in our case) lol

Post new Message to Thread