Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

harsh comments

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. "

Well said.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It sure is at times. I got a few harsh comments when I first started posting on the forums

Reply privately

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. "

Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can post?

Reply privately

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy.

Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can post?"

Joke

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy.

Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can post?"

Lol

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it reflects the sometimes harsh world we live in.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Joke "

Haha I took it that way

Reply privately

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Joke

Haha I took it that way"

Thought you would, but you know what some are like in here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it reflects the sometimes harsh world we live in....."

Definitely, I think some people need to learn that there are ways of putting across opinions..after all..that's all they are asking for..opinions :/

Reply privately

over a year ago

Joke

Haha I took it that way

Thought you would, but you know what some are like in here"

Gotta love the haters ;/

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well said. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think some people are just like that though, they don't whinge about stuff and just get on and deal with it instead, and yeah they probably aren't the best people to give advice because although they know how to deal with stuff they don't give any hint as to how to the OP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It sure is at times. I got a few harsh comments when I first started posting on the forums "

I've had a few but I just laugh them off and keep on swimming lol. Some people are just plain rude and childish

Reply privately

over a year ago

What pisses me off is the same 'group' who take the piss out of the OP with their secret 'code' shite!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think some people are just like that though, they don't whinge about stuff and just get on and deal with it instead, and yeah they probably aren't the best people to give advice because although they know how to deal with stuff they don't give any hint as to how to the OP."

I understand that but some comments I read are just rude and out of order I feel

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"What pisses me off is the same 'group' who take the piss out of the OP with their secret 'code' shite! "

secret code ? I have never seen that.

or I have been completely unaware

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What pisses me off is the same 'group' who take the piss out of the OP with their secret 'code' shite!

or I have been completely unaware "

Well I have .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What pisses me off is the same 'group' who take the piss out of the OP with their secret 'code' shite!

Ohh nor me lol. Haha probably calling us all sorts..well better to be blind to things sometimes lol

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Well I have . "

-- __ -- 5 ... s

I replied in code

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What pisses me off is the same 'group' who take the piss out of the OP with their secret 'code' shite! "

What's the code? Put it up and it won't be secret any more

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I have .

-- __ -- 5 ... s

I replied in code "

I thought you were trying to sell me an iPhone 5s lol

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Well I have .

-- __ -- 5 ... s

I replied in code

I thought you were trying to sell me an iPhone 5s lol"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shall we create one, for the 'nice' people to use? Put a secret password in your posts? Be as insane as 'them'?

I feel for new and naieve folks who are jumped upon mercilessly at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I have .

-- __ -- 5 ... s

I replied in code "

My code is going to be sh#t T#e f#ck #p #nd #et #ack #o #acebook..ha.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't believe there's a secret code, though I do agree that a small number of people seem to be harsh and often rude whenever the post or comment

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have to laugh at the people who say they use the comments of people as a filter. I don't think they realise they don't come across particularly desirable themselves with their harsh,bitterness There are the people who think that having a right to post what they want gives them carte blanche to spew spiteful comments. I know my rights! Brigade

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shall we create one, for the 'nice' people to use? Put a secret password in your posts? Be as insane as 'them'?

I feel for new and naieve folks who are jumped upon mercilessly at times "

Oh my suggestion wasn't very good then haha..oops

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I've been here 7 years

Never had a secret code divulged to me

Bloody secretive sods!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people like to impress their mates too,some think they are being funny,some think they are being clever. Some make themselves look like right cunts (me)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people like to impress their mates too,some think they are being funny,some think they are being clever. Some make themselves look like right cunts (me) "

Haha I make you right there..the mates bit..not That your a cunt :/

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've been here 7 years

Never had a secret code divulged to me

Bloody secretive sods! "

Haha we are going to be scrutinising the comments looking for codes now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

-- __ -- 5 ... s

I replied in code "

Call me that again,,,,,, and me and you will fall out!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't believe there's a secret code, though I do agree that a small number of people seem to be harsh and often rude whenever the post or comment"
it can feel like that at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people like to impress their mates too,some think they are being funny,some think they are being clever. Some make themselves look like right cunts (me)

Haha I make you right there..the mates bit..not That your a cunt :/"

Oh but I am I have no friends

Reply privately

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Why should anyone be worried about harsh comments ?.They make the forums more interesting and not all members on the site will be swingers. Some are on here just to contribute to the forums and enjoy the chat .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some people like to impress their mates too,some think they are being funny,some think they are being clever. Some make themselves look like right cunts (me)

Oh but I am I have no friends "

Think that maybe a good thing on here hunni lol. Darcy

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree I don't feel welcome on the fourms anymore witch is upsetting as I like the banter

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it reflects the sometimes harsh world we live in....."

And the fact that some people would prefer others to be as fluffy and insipid in their posts as they are

We don't all have to get on and be some big happy swinging family

Reply privately

over a year ago

A small number of members actually use the forums.. So they get to know each other.. And a lot have met at socials in some of the bigger clubs I central locations....

But they are open events...

And yes, we've all been sniped at...

I hate to say this but its mainly women who snipe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some posters..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. Why should anyone be worried about harsh comments ?.They make the forums more interesting and not all members on the site will be swingers. Some are on here just to contribute to the forums and enjoy the chat ."

Oh then the name should be changed to fab chat then. In my opinion those people need to join a chat site instead of joining a 'swinging site'..I feel cheap and used ha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"it reflects the sometimes harsh world we live in.....

And the fact that some people would prefer others to be as fluffy and insipid in their posts as they are

We don't all have to get on and be some big happy swinging family"

No absolutely not but people don't have to rip people apart..that's just nasty and childish in my opinion. Sieves the bad out for me though because I block those arseholes straight away

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't believe there's a secret code, though I do agree that a small number of people seem to be harsh and often rude whenever the post or comment"

Try the forums on Mumsnet, make this place look like a playgroup!

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It's not all bad on here,there are lots of threads that are run along with no issues but no one ever remembers those,everyone loves to jump on a bit of controversy though

For example if you started 2 threads about single men,one good and one bad,the good one would have far less comments than the bad one because people prefer to have a whinge than say nice things

I do agree that some people can be harsh but at the same time there are also lots of people that will make a point of telling people when they are too

It's absolutely no different to real life in here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't believe there's a secret code, though I do agree that a small number of people seem to be harsh and often rude whenever the post or comment

Try the forums on Mumsnet, make this place look like a playgroup! "

Lol.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I may have been harsh on the odd occasion

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I may have been harsh on the odd occasion "

No! Not you too!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some postiers..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. Why should anyone be worried about harsh comments ?.They make the forums more interesting and not all members on the site will be swingers. Some are on here just to contribute to the forums and enjoy the chat ."
they should fuck off to facebook then ffs its a forum for swingers not for stupid self centred arseholes to chat to "mates" they really don't even fucking know in the real world!!

and another thing "why do SINGLE GUYS get fucking picked on AND why do STRAIGHT men play with COCK and fucking LIE about it?

"im so happy"

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I may have been harsh on the odd occasion

No! Not you too!! "

it is true

Reply privately

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"It's not all bad on here,there are lots of threads that are run along with no issues but no one ever remembers those,everyone loves to jump on a bit of controversy though

For example if you started 2 threads about single men,one good and one bad,the good one would have far less comments than the bad one because people prefer to have a whinge than say nice things

I do agree that some people can be harsh but at the same time there are also lots of people that will make a point of telling people when they are too

"

I'd strongly disagree with your last sentence but don't want to come across as harsh.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"It's not all bad on here,there are lots of threads that are run along with no issues but no one ever remembers those,everyone loves to jump on a bit of controversy though

I'd strongly disagree with your last sentence but don't want to come across as harsh."

I'm all growed up now

I can take it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh but I am I have no friends "

Stop moaning woman I've told you before I will be your friend....

Wether you like it or not

No No I insist...I won't take No for an answer again

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I may have been harsh on the odd occasion "

Yes , and I may have too , but never for the sheer sake of it . Plenty have had a dig at me and that's cool , I can happily take it as much as give it .

As has been said , the forums would be boring and insipid if we all just agreed with each other .

And to be absolutely honest , there have been some bloody daft posts over the years , which deserve the criticism the op has had !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thick skin solves all.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Yes , )"

that was harsh..... true though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some postiers..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. Why should anyone be worried about harsh comments ?.They make the forums more interesting and not all members on the site will be swingers. Some are on here just to contribute to the forums and enjoy the chat . they should fuck off to facebook then ffs its a forum for swingers not for stupid self centred arseholes to chat to "mates" they really don't even fucking know in the real world!!

and another thing "why do SINGLE GUYS get fucking picked on AND why do STRAIGHT men play with COCK and fucking LIE about it?

"im so happy" "

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Thick skin solves all. "

there is that... also a lot of people like to play "victim" very quickly if a tread doesn't quite go there way.......

Reply privately

By *orshamcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Surrey / Sussex Border

It is a bit like road rage, in that normal people change when protected by the "shield" of a car and get more aggressive. On a forum typing a message to the screen has that same detachment from reality. People seem to feel they can be more confrontational than they would be in real life.

I always try to take a deep breath before replying to an antagonistic comment on forums. Otherwise it can easily escalate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've been coming on the forums quite abit lately and I've got to say I find alot of peoples comments on posts harsh to the op. I think that some people are losing sight of what the site is all about..its a swinging site, not a dating site. Really feel sorry for some postiers..lighten up guys! It's becoming more like a bitchfest. Darcy. Why should anyone be worried about harsh comments ?.They make the forums more interesting and not all members on the site will be swingers. Some are on here just to contribute to the forums and enjoy the chat . they should fuck off to facebook then ffs its a forum for swingers not for stupid self centred arseholes to chat to "mates" they really don't even fucking know in the real world!!

"im so happy" "

Hahaha well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thick skin solves all.

there is that... also a lot of people like to play "victim" very quickly if a tread doesn't quite go there way......."

Play victim? That one always baffles me lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No absolutely not but people don't have to rip people apart..that's just nasty and childish in my opinion. Sieves the bad out for me though because I block those arseholes straight away "

I'm agree. But some on here are so needy that anyone disagreeing with them is nasty. Particularly if it's a thread where the white knights are out in force

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes , and I may have too , but never for the sheer sake of it . Plenty have had a dig at me and that's cool , I can happily take it as much as give it .

As has been said , the forums would be boring and insipid if we all just agreed with each other .

And to be absolutely honest , there have been some bloody daft posts over the years , which deserve the criticism the op has had !

"

Not ridiculous to them..else they wouldn't feel the need to post lol. If people feel that way then maybe they should move onto a more interesting post rather than get the claws out..banter is one thing..rudeness and spite is another

Reply privately

By *allipygousMan
over a year ago

Leicester

I'd strongly disagree with your last sentence but don't want to come across as harsh.

I'm all growed up now

I can take it"

Well, in real life people don't start conversations with strangers about whether they prefer big tits or little tits, big cocks or average cocks, curvy women or slim women etc etc etc.

Most people wouldn't say what they write in here to the faces of the people they're being "harsh" with in real life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No absolutely not but people don't have to rip people apart..that's just nasty and childish in my opinion. Sieves the bad out for me though because I block those arseholes straight away

I'm agree. But some on here are so needy that anyone disagreeing with them is nasty. Particularly if it's a thread where the white knights are out in force"

True..I'm far from a white knight but arrogance and pompous pricks gets my goat up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Most people wouldn't say what they write in here to the faces of the people they're being "harsh" with in real life."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd strongly disagree with your last sentence but don't want to come across as harsh."

Hahaha..not sure my friends or family would agree this is like the real world lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sadly some people get their entertainment by slapping others down. This site is meant to be fun...both in terms of online entertainment AND arranging to enjoy each other...it's what swinging is all about.

Please let's all be nice to each other, and preserve the values of civility and respect.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

to be fair, when I have called someone a cunt I have always finished the post with a x and a friends invite......

I'm not all bad.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

The fetish scene is a lot more friendly than the swingers scene I assure you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Welcome to the internet, op.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's easy in text. If people were like that in daily life we'd be extinct in a week.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Hahaha..not sure my friends or family would agree this is like the real world lol."

We're all still people regardless of being on here,we don't change species when we log on......well maybe some people do

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thick skin solves all.

there is that... also a lot of people like to play "victim" very quickly if a tread doesn't quite go there way......."

I don't find that to be entirely true. There are people on here who don't seem to have social skills. If someone points that out they are lambasted by said person and their posse,and the spitting dummy out comments come out-which I think shows a pathetic personality that smacks of playground bickering. Let us not forget the popcorn eaters,the sarcastic posters' groupies,who seem to relish the arguments. In all,I think the site is not a better place for these people,but they keep the forums alive for themselves and their cronies

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

This

What the hell are they on about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sadly some people get their entertainment by slapping others down. This site is meant to be fun...both in terms of online entertainment AND arranging to enjoy each other...it's what swinging is all about.

Please let's all be nice to each other, and preserve the values of civility and respect."

Hallelujah..spot on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"to be fair, when I have called someone a cunt I have always finished the post with a x and a friends invite......

I'm not all bad....."

You're all heart View

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not ridiculous to them..else they wouldn't feel the need to post lol. If people feel that way then maybe they should move onto a more interesting post rather than get the claws out..banter is one thing..rudeness and spite is another "

So no one should point out the obvious flaws in certain posts ?

For fear of of being seen as rude and spiteful , and the forums get even more loaded with insipid clap trap and we all just pat each other's backs .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"to be fair, when I have called someone a cunt I have always finished the post with a x and a friends invite......

I'm not all bad....."

Hahaha cunts a good word lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The fetish scene is a lot more friendly than the swingers scene I assure you."

How do we join lol

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Some comments are way below the belt and just plain nasty.

However, some people just choose to give their honest opinion on how the post comes across and its the people that read it afterwards, that deem it harsh, as its not what they would agree with.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thick skin solves all.

there is that... also a lot of people like to play "victim" very quickly if a tread doesn't quite go there way.......

I don't find that to be entirely true. There are people on here who don't seem to have social skills. If someone points that out they are lambasted by said person and their posse,and the spitting dummy out comments come out-which I think shows a pathetic personality that smacks of playground bickering. Let us not forget the popcorn eaters,the sarcastic posters' groupies,who seem to relish the arguments. In all,I think the site is not a better place for these people,but they keep the forums alive for themselves and their cronies "

Haha definitely

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not ridiculous to them..else they wouldn't feel the need to post lol. If people feel that way then maybe they should move onto a more interesting post rather than get the claws out..banter is one thing..rudeness and spite is another

For fear of of being seen as rude and spiteful , and the forums get even more loaded with insipid clap trap and we all just pat each other's backs .

"

It doesn't have to be insipid. It can be amusing and intelligent conversation. It can be sexy or educational,we get nothing from people calling each other names or taking the piss. I don't anyway,you might

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No not at all..my point is that certain people need to remember that it's a swinging site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh crap - its a swinging site not a dating site does that mean I should stop going out and trying bridal gowns on everytime some1 messages me ????

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not all bad....."

No you're one of the nicer cunts on here x You're not getting a friend invite,I'm particular about who I associate with

Reply privately

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Reply privately

over a year ago

We couldn't agree more, well said x

Reply privately

over a year ago

No not at all..my point is that certain people need to remember that it's a swinging site."

The forums are for people who get ignored by their friends on Facebook,didn't you know that?

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Thick skin solves all.

I don't find that to be entirely true. There are people on here who don't seem to have social skills. If someone points that out they are lambasted by said person and their posse,and the spitting dummy out comments come out-which I think shows a pathetic personality that smacks of playground bickering. Let us not forget the popcorn eaters,the sarcastic posters' groupies,who seem to relish the arguments. In all,I think the site is not a better place for these people,but they keep the forums alive for themselves and their cronies "

That's a bit harsh!

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh crap - its a swinging site not a dating site does that mean I should stop going out and trying bridal gowns on everytime some1 messages me ????"

Hahaha not if it turns you on

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Thick skin solves all.

see the problem is that is your perception of what you see....

if we were asked a million people what their perception of you was... i bet we would get a million different answers...

just as if people were to ask about me.... or _iew... or the OP... or again a million different people...

people are going to get along with some better than others.... and that is going to cloud the perceptions of what they see and how they react...

Reply privately

over a year ago

No not at all..my point is that certain people need to remember that it's a swinging site.

The forums are for people who get ignored by their friends on Facebook,didn't you know that? "

Hahahahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thick skin solves all.

Dunno what all that was about popcorn eaters and cronies and such....

I'm just In the scool of 'get a grip and stop crying over a comment on the web'

Reply privately

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

im glad sonmeone else has noticed about the harsh comments esp aimed at the person who puts up a post meaning the op

as soon as one person makes a negative comment then others follow like sheep an put negative an bitchy comments its like a pack of wolves mentality an its like kids in a school play ground with some of the comments esp immature bitchy ones is there any need for people to resort to negativity, bitchy, nasty comments??? or is it the fact they are insecure an have to put negative comments to make themselves look good. an bring someone down. We are all mature adults on here, why some people have to resort to this bitchy nasty behavior.

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm from the school of if I can't find a way to disagree that isn't insulting then I won't comment. I reserve the right to think it though. So my comments may be too nice for some but that's not for show and neither does it mean I have no polarising opinions of my own. I just don't get involved in futile arguments even if I know I am obviously and always right.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It was always going to be that the thread moaning about bitchiness and harsh comments in the forums will end up with people being bitchy,making harsh comments and disagreeing with each other

Reply privately

over a year ago

im glad sonmeone else has noticed about the harsh comments esp aimed at the person who puts up a post meaning the op

as soon as one person makes a negative comment then others follow like sheep an put negative an bitchy comments its like a pack of wolves mentality an its like kids in a school play ground with some of the comments esp immature bitchy ones is there any need for people to resort to negativity, bitchy, nasty comments??? or is it the fact they are insecure an have to put negative comments to make themselves look good. an bring someone down. We are all mature adults on here, why some people have to resort to this bitchy nasty behavior.

"

Because they feel threatened in some way

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I have definitely seen a clique in the forums..I think it's just the peacocks showing off their feathers lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was always going to be that the thread moaning about bitchiness and harsh comments in the forums will end up with people being bitchy,making harsh comments and disagreeing with each other "

Self fullfilling prophecy almost.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was always going to be that the thread moaning about bitchiness and harsh comments in the forums will end up with people being bitchy,making harsh comments and disagreeing with each other "

Moaning? Or having an opinion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was always going to be that the thread moaning about bitchiness and harsh comments in the forums will end up with people being bitchy,making harsh comments and disagreeing with each other

Self fullfilling prophecy almost. "

Good choice of words

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn't have to be insipid. It can be amusing and intelligent conversation. It can be sexy or educational,we get nothing from people calling each other names or taking the piss. I don't anyway,you might "

No I don't get anything at all from taking the piss or calling names , in fact I've never done either . It can be amusing , intelligent , sexy and educational . It can also be insipid , vitriolic , boring and irksome .

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have definitely seen a clique in the forums..I think it's just the peacocks showing off their feathers lol "

I never understood the word cliuqe....I always just thought it was a group of people who'd gotten to know each other and shared the same _iews....a perfectly normal thing...

Like the folk on this thread that agree with you...your cliuqe on this thread

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"It was always going to be that the thread moaning about bitchiness and harsh comments in the forums will end up with people being bitchy,making harsh comments and disagreeing with each other

Moaning? Or having an opinion? "

Whatever you choose to call it the outcome is the same

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think some people are just like that though, they don't whinge about stuff and just get on and deal with it instead, and yeah they probably aren't the best people to give advice because although they know how to deal with stuff they don't give any hint as to how to the OP."

I'm like that I guess, I just get on with things without the need to whinge, although I try to help people if I can but usually just end up being sarcastic instead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What has the swinging/dating comment got to do with bitchfest?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn't have to be insipid. It can be amusing and intelligent conversation. It can be sexy or educational,we get nothing from people calling each other names or taking the piss. I don't anyway,you might

No I don't get anything at all from taking the piss or calling names , in fact I've never done either . It can be amusing , intelligent , sexy and educational . It can also be insipid , vitriolic , boring and irksome . "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have definitely seen a clique in the forums..I think it's just the peacocks showing off their feathers lol

I never understood the word cliuqe....I always just thought it was a group of people who'd gotten to know each other and shared the same _iews....a perfectly normal thing...

Like the folk on this thread that agree with you...your cliuqe on this thread "

And thats not me having a go btw....genuinely, I do think folk naturally fall into groups based on things like _iews and opinions....ours haven't matched up on this thread, but others have agreed with you...and over time you'll notice you share more than one opinion with them, you'll all agree about something some time on a thread.....and someone will call you a cliuqe because they've noticed you agreeing on things before...its just the way folk get on is all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Like the folk on this thread that agree with you...your cliuqe on this thread "

Guess so..thanks for pointing that out lol. Now you've got me thinking..only difference is, people are keeping the claws in

Reply privately

over a year ago

No absolutely not but people don't have to rip people apart..that's just nasty and childish in my opinion. Sieves the bad out for me though because I block those arseholes straight away "

Obviously isn't working because you haven't blocked us (yet)

Reply privately

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

Please let's all be nice to each other, and preserve the values of civility and respect."

That's the biggest load of naive bullshit I've head in years. Such ridiculous comments just make my blood boil. gggrrr

Reply privately

over a year ago

And thats not me having a go btw....genuinely, I do think folk naturally fall into groups based on things like _iews and opinions....ours haven't matched up on this thread, but others have agreed with you...and over time you'll notice you share more than one opinion with them, you'll all agree about something some time on a thread.....and someone will call you a cliuqe because they've noticed you agreeing on things before...its just the way folk get on is all "

I hear what your saying and I agree, but when I say clique..I mean I have noticed that a group of 'friends' seem to bombard a post..you recognise one member and then you just know the rest of the pack will join in. anyway, that's not my gripe..its the sheer childish spite that gets me..its just embarrassing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Obviously isn't working because you haven't blocked us (yet) "

Haha..haven't I?

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

And thats not me having a go btw....genuinely, I do think folk naturally fall into groups based on things like _iews and opinions....ours haven't matched up on this thread, but others have agreed with you...and over time you'll notice you share more than one opinion with them, you'll all agree about something some time on a thread.....and someone will call you a cliuqe because they've noticed you agreeing on things before...its just the way folk get on is all "

You mean one mans clique is another's group of likeminded individuals??

Fuck. And all this time I've been denying the existence of the 'c' word.

Christos - you've converted me. I'm a believer!

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

And thats not me having a go btw....genuinely, I do think folk naturally fall into groups based on things like _iews and opinions....ours haven't matched up on this thread, but others have agreed with you...and over time you'll notice you share more than one opinion with them, you'll all agree about something some time on a thread.....and someone will call you a cliuqe because they've noticed you agreeing on things before...its just the way folk get on is all

I hear what your saying and I agree, but when I say clique..I mean I have noticed that a group of 'friends' seem to bombard a post..you recognise one member and then you just know the rest of the pack will join in. anyway, that's not my gripe..its the sheer childish spite that gets me..its just embarrassing. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

You mean one mans clique is another's group of likeminded individuals??

Fuck. And all this time I've been denying the existence of the 'c' word.

Christos - you've converted me. I'm a believer!

A"

Ooooookay! I see your point op - but I can honestly say i've never made a personal attack on anyone and I wouldn't say I was ever intentionally bitchy! With reference to 'cliques' - When you've posted on the forums a while you see the same people posting day in day out - making humerous comments, debating, supporting, sometimes disagreeing - and before long they become your friends! The forums aren't a 'clique' as I genuinelly believe that anyone 'nice', who contributes in a constructive way and can take part in light-hearted (or sometimes more contentious) debate is welcomed into our happy, dysfunctional forum family! xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think some people are just like that though, they don't whinge about stuff and just get on and deal with it instead, and yeah they probably aren't the best people to give advice because although they know how to deal with stuff they don't give any hint as to how to the OP.

I understand that but some comments I read are just rude and out of order I feel "

Not noticed any for a while, but i've not been on here much this week.

Yeah sometimes people say something rude i will say something. Sometimes others do to, like tell them they're out of order.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The minute someone accuses me of being in the forum clique is the minute I leave the site. I'd rather be a nun than be accused of that

Reply privately

over a year ago

in my opinion it's the fact they can "hide" behind the Internet they choose to be vile. At no point in a face to face conversation would they dare say the stuff they come out with. I agree with this op. Well said

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Some people might think calling people arseholes and pompous pricks is not nice either, including Admin who give bans out for it.

I will be the first to admit that sometimes threads can take a turn for the worse as we and other mods have to deal with it but there are also hundreds of threads that are posted that are fun, helpful and informative by the diverse bunch of people on here.

As this is now just a platform for people to abuse others, it might be time to shut it

Reply privately