Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Because we swing we have no morals ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A recent thread got me thinking .

Would you think that traditional morals and values are fogotten if you are a swinger ?

Or to be more specific - is there a sense of irony if a swinger believes in traditional family values ?

It would be intetesting to see what you guys think

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

We would go with no difference whatsoever. We don't see any irony in it - after all traditional has never been static as a concept, and people's moral's blow with the wind and the media

By *oveSlutForUseCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

morals are too easily used as a catch all word. it's too broad.

i treat people very well, with manners and grace. this is because of my morals.

having multiple partners is not a lack of morals.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

It is absolutely not a contradiction to be a swinger and have traditional family values as I said on the other thread. In fact, I struggle with the concept when the two are even mentioned in one breath and when the one is considered making the other illogical or inappropriate.

Swinging is an activity that belongs into the adult domain and, at the risk of being thought of as narrow-minded, for me personally swinging is possibly more suitable for people where children have grown up and left the home. I would not have considered it while mine were young; for one because of any additional risks to health while mine still needed me but also because is is simply so much easier when they have grown up and understand that mum/ dad have a right to their own lives and entertainment.

That said, I would not judge anybody who does things differently...

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"morals are too easily used as a catch all word. it's too broad.

i treat people very well, with manners and grace. this is because of my morals.

having multiple partners is not a lack of morals."

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Morality is a cultural issue. What is acceptable in one culture is completely unacceptable in another. And if you are. Talking about tradition- look at the Romans! Lol x

over a year ago

"A recent thread got me thinking .

Would you think that traditional morals and values are fogotten if you are a swinger ?

Or to be more specific - is there a sense of irony if a swinger believes in traditional family values ?

"

Well I'm sure if someone was a Christian and gave up sex (and no wanking) until they got married, wouldn't being in here defeat any morals? I know they can look.. They must have strong will power!

over a year ago

I live my life by my own standards, not by the standards set by complete strangers/organisations.

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

Well I'm sure if someone was a Christian and gave up sex (and no wanking) until they got married, wouldn't being in here defeat any morals? I know they can look.. They must have strong will power!"

...or turning the other cheek

over a year ago

Maybe its just because we are all dirty fuckers

over a year ago

We both beleive in traditional family values. Our swinging is just something we both enjoy, and it doesn't encroach on family life or our friendships with people who are unaware of what we do.

We both strongly disagree with cheating in a relationship, that's immoral .

Swinging is just sex for purely recreational pleasure,anyone who views it as immoral ,is entitled to their opinion ofcourse, but it's not a valid one in our opinion, and we're entitled to think that

over a year ago

Our morals ran off with our marbles

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

No. There's no disparity between being a swinger and having morals and values.

Is question the term 'traditional' though as this is a definition where opinions vary hugely (as seen on the thread you refer to any many, many others).

Some peoples definition of 'traditional' seem to include views that demean others, exclude based on gender, sexuality or lifestyle choice.

To me those aren't 'traditional' values - they are often archaic, outdated and negative - based on excluding the rights of certain sectors of the population rather than allowing people the freedom to live their lives the way they choose rather than conform to the way others feel they should live.

A

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

'I'd' question - not is!

Frigging autocarrot!

A

By *astersfuckpigCouple
over a year ago

Eastbourne

I had no morals long before I was a swinger

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Is question the term 'traditional' though as this is a definition where opinions vary hugely (as seen on the thread you refer to any many, many others).

Some peoples definition of 'traditional' seem to include views that demean others, exclude based on gender, sexuality or lifestyle choice.

To me those aren't 'traditional' values - they are often archaic, outdated and negative - based on excluding the rights of certain sectors of the population rather than allowing people the freedom to live their lives the way they choose rather than conform to the way others feel they should live.

A"

This... I seem to be agreeing with you a lot recently

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

A"

Spot on.

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"

What a ridiculous supposition.

Of course swingers can have morals and believe in traditional family values - we are merely s cross section of society at large.

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

As is pointed out, the trouble comes with the use of the term 'traditional'.

It's used by those who don't want to think too carefully about things to imply 'superior'...and this is why it's regularly trotted out by politicians who want to appeal to people of a reactionary nature.

over a year ago

What exactly are traditional family morals are they the same as religious morals or community morals. In my opinion morals are a set of standards or rules to live your life by of course some people's morals clash with the swinging lifestyle it wouldn't be taboo in society if they didn't...

over a year ago

No got no morals as its nsa sex, its not like we are gonna marry them lol

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Perhaps we need to define more closely what we individually mean by traditional family values - and of course I can only speak for myself here.The list is not conclusive but here is a start...

To me it means bringing up my kids with

1. A sense of belonging to the family unit which includes extended family like grandparents

2. A sense of respect for each other but with parents having the ultimate say,

3. With traditions such as eating together (whenever possible), doing damily holidays and other activities and celebrating a family member's achievments,

4.celebrating our cultural festivities and retaining an open mind towards other cultures and traditions.

I grew up with those and found they gave me a lot of stability which I have tried to give to my own children.

Thing is... mine are back home as soon as they know I am back... for Sunday lunches etc...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

No I don't think that honest and legal sexual activity has anything to do with morals. I don't think it ironic if swingers believe in traditional family values either but I do think that those values change over time and we should try to embrace that. The last woman to be legally sold by her husband to another man in the UK was in 1928 in Wales, that's a traditional family value I will happily cast off.

over a year ago

No I don't think that honest and legal sexual activity has anything to do with morals. I don't think it ironic if swingers believe in traditional family values either but I do think that those values change over time and we should try to embrace that. The last woman to be legally sold by her husband to another man in the UK was in 1928 in Wales, that's a traditional family value I will happily cast off."

There are certainly some traditions we are all better off without , that's a given .

If I may be so brave ( and put myself in the firing line again ) , specifically we feel that children should have a mum and a dad . Are we wrong to have this old fashioned traditional opinion despite the fact that we swing and have many gay ,, bi and tv friends ?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No I don't think that honest and legal sexual activity has anything to do with morals. I don't think it ironic if swingers believe in traditional family values either but I do think that those values change over time and we should try to embrace that. The last woman to be legally sold by her husband to another man in the UK was in 1928 in Wales, that's a traditional family value I will happily cast off.

There are certainly some traditions we are all better off without , that's a given .

If I may be so brave ( and put myself in the firing line again ) , specifically we feel that children should have a mum and a dad . Are we wrong to have this old fashioned traditional opinion despite the fact that we swing and have many gay ,, bi and tv friends ?"

I wouldn't say to anybody that an honestly held, genuine opinion was wrong (as long as it's not hateful) but I don't agree with it. Personally I think the main requirements for a good upbringing are love and stability. I would rather see children with same sex parents than in a traditional set up that was abusive, or growing up in a children's home.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

And I don't think your swinging activities mean you can't hold certain opinions

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It is said often enough on this forum ( normally on married men threads ) that just because it is a Swinging site doesn't mean we cant have morals....so I am guessing yes is the answer, we are allowed to have morals

over a year ago

If I may be so brave ( and put myself in the firing line again ) , specifically we feel that children should have a mum and a dad . Are we wrong to have this old fashioned traditional opinion despite the fact that we swing and have many gay ,, bi and tv friends ?

I wouldn't say to anybody that an honestly held, genuine opinion was wrong (as long as it's not hateful) but I don't agree with it. Personally I think the main requirements for a good upbringing are love and stability. I would rather see children with same sex parents than in a traditional set up that was abusive, or growing up in a children's home."

So would we , and it's an unfortunate fact that so many kids grow up in such circumstances . But could it not be just as likely that same sex parents could be just as likely be just the same ?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

If I may be so brave ( and put myself in the firing line again ) , specifically we feel that children should have a mum and a dad . Are we wrong to have this old fashioned traditional opinion despite the fact that we swing and have many gay ,, bi and tv friends ?"

You are not wrong to have that opinion and I would defend your right to have it.... but as the world evolves the old traditions move on too. Same sex parents is one of them

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I wouldn't say to anybody that an honestly held, genuine opinion was wrong (as long as it's not hateful) but I don't agree with it. Personally I think the main requirements for a good upbringing are love and stability. I would rather see children with same sex parents than in a traditional set up that was abusive, or growing up in a children's home.

So would we , and it's an unfortunate fact that so many kids grow up in such circumstances . But could it not be just as likely that same sex parents could be just as likely be just the same ? "

Yes entirely possible but I don't think know that alone is enough of an argument to say that same sex parents are wrong. I do think that kids benefit from having strong, positive influence from both traditional genders but I also believe that our job is to help them grow I to adults that can function well in the society they will be living in not the one we grew up in.

over a year ago

So would we , and it's an unfortunate fact that so many kids grow up in such circumstances . But could it not be just as likely that same sex parents could be just as likely be just the same ?

Yes entirely possible but I don't think know that alone is enough of an argument to say that same sex parents are wrong. I do think that kids benefit from having strong, positive influence from both traditional genders but I also believe that our job is to help them grow I to adults that can function well in the society they will be living in not the one we grew up in."

That's an excellent point , and one we will give some thought to . Well put

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes entirely possible but I don't think know that alone is enough of an argument to say that same sex parents are wrong. I do think that kids benefit from having strong, positive influence from both traditional genders but I also believe that our job is to help them grow I to adults that can function well in the society they will be living in not the one we grew up in.

That's an excellent point , and one we will give some thought to . Well put "

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/03/15 21:01:10]

over a year ago

Depends on your family?

My parents married, had kids together and were/still are faithful to each other. I did not carry on this tradition of being non-promiscuous or getting married and neither did i keep their sexual morals, so no i am not continuing their traditions.

over a year ago

And now after much thought and discussion , may we take this opportunity to say a big thank you to _icecouple561 for putting this whole thing into perspective for us .

Without calling us small minded , bigots , or trying to tell us that as swingers we shouldn't have such archaic beliefs , they have opened our minds to now see why it's ok .

It's the fact that children today need to see the world as it is and not as it was that did it , and we are truly grateful to see this whole thing differently now .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"And now after much thought and discussion , may we take this opportunity to say a big thank you to _icecouple561 for putting this whole thing into perspective for us .

Without calling us small minded , bigots , or trying to tell us that as swingers we shouldn't have such archaic beliefs , they have opened our minds to now see why it's ok .

It's the fact that children today need to see the world as it is and not as it was that did it , and we are truly grateful to see this whole thing differently now .

"

Oh! Thank you

Post new Message to Thread