Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

watching the op

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you prefer to watch yourself being operated on or be put to sleep during the op? Ive been awake during heart surgery and a colonoscopy (gives a whole new meaning to being up your own arse ) and watched both on tv with the surgeon explaining everything to me. Would you watch?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think I'd rather be asleep... The only operation I've had was the vasectomy, I was awake for that and didn't enjoy it at all. Having said that, there is something surreal about having a nurse just holding your hand and comforting you.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Absolutely NOT.........want to be as far away as possible.!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was awake too when I was having a mini operation I was having my jaw stitched Im not sure if that would be classed as an operation?..

over a year ago

"I think I'd rather be asleep... The only operation I've had was the vasectomy, I was awake for that and didn't enjoy it at all. Having said that, there is something surreal about having a nurse just holding your hand and comforting you. "
true they got me through mine when i got a bit worried

over a year ago

If I had brain surgery that meant I was awake I'd like a mirror placed so I could watch the thing I'm watching with. Trippy.

over a year ago

"Absolutely NOT.........want to be as far away as possible.!!!"
sorry but you have to attend!

over a year ago

"If I had brain surgery that meant I was awake I'd like a mirror placed so I could watch the thing I'm watching with. Trippy. "
you can watch on a 50in screen right in front of you no need for mirrors

over a year ago

I know a surgeon who pioneered awake brain surgery, a camera is placed so that the patient can see all on a screen.

Crazy thought, you can see inside your own brain live time.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

General anaesthetics have more risks and complications.

I do know of a doctor who did his own vasectomy with the aid of a mirror; so he definitely had to be awake.

over a year ago

"If I had brain surgery that meant I was awake I'd like a mirror placed so I could watch the thing I'm watching with. Trippy. you can watch on a 50in screen right in front of you no need for mirrors "

Never thought of that... I feel some DIY trepanning coming on...

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

I'd watch. I had carpel tunnel release on both hands and watched every bit. It was fascinating.

over a year ago

Had a difficult birth with our daughter and was ready to go in the operating theatre for an emergency Caesarian (luckily it didn't come to that) but you're wide awake for that! Although being anaesthetised (spelling sorry!) from the waist down is a disturbing feeling

over a year ago

"Had a difficult birth with our daughter and was ready to go in the operating theatre for an emergency Caesarian (luckily it didn't come to that) but you're wide awake for that! Although being anaesthetised (spelling sorry!) from the waist down is a disturbing feeling "
had that didnt know id pissed bed till the nurse checked and it was a very wierd feeling not bein able to feel anything from waist down

By *az191000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

I hope to never have a operation tbh I don't like doctors knifes or fecking needles

over a year ago

Had 3 csections awake and they are horrible, very strange feeling peoples hands inside you! I didn't see as there was a screen up, however they lowered the screen for my youngest and I watched them pull him out of me

over a year ago

"Had 3 csections awake and they are horrible, very strange feeling peoples hands inside you! I didn't see as there was a screen up, however they lowered the screen for my youngest and I watched them pull him out of me "
ive seen 3 of my children born thats amazing and i was first to see their little heads appear awesome

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I'd watch. I had carpel tunnel release on both hands and watched every bit. It was fascinating. "

Pleased mine was soreted by two simple injections, no surgery...!!!

over a year ago

"I'd watch. I had carpel tunnel release on both hands and watched every bit. It was fascinating. "
so was watching a camera with tools inside my heart! I could feel it in my chest, dull feeling but could still feel it.

over a year ago

Anaesthetics don't work very well on me, same as my dad who woke up half way through a operation.

It's in my notes not to put me under, I have had couple of ops and been fully awake in both. It's important as I can tell them when the pain killer wears off, which both times it did and they had to stop and inject more.

Apparently my liver is awesome at clearing my system

B xx

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Oh noes, sleep would not of wanted to view my medical procedures,i guess it would of given me a surreal feeling if i did have to view.

By *oconut2Woman
over a year ago

Nether regions of the back of beyond

I prefer general anaesthetic because I love the feeling you get in the last few seconds before you go under ..3..2..1..aaaahhhhh lol

over a year ago

Hoping I never need surgery, but I'd love to watch. I even find it fascinating having blood taken, watching it spurt out into the tube.

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I watched with great interest when I got the snip. . . Thought I would be squeamish but the warm hand of the female who performed it was too much to ignore. . . Oh and the op was good too!

By *ouble CCouple
over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Hmmm. Had my Gall Bladder taken out just b4 Xmas, wud have liked to have seen it to be honest. Also would not have all that 'coming round' crap after the operation. Just my opinion. Miss C.

over a year ago

I love to watch - so interesting. I did wake up halfway through my first heart op to discover a bloody tube in my mouth and was getting electric shocks - it made me laugh which was hard to do because of the tube and someone kept trying to close my eye lids

over a year ago

I was rushed to theatre with ectopic pregnancy but as I had eaten my breakfast as was feeling fine I could not have general anesthetic due to the risk of aspersting so I was kept awake and I found it incredibly interesting which also meant I got to say goodbye to my baby. I am all for staying awake during operations if possible as I really don't react well to anaesthetic xx

over a year ago

I don't mind being awake during an op, have had 4 c-sections awake. But no, i would not like to watch.

In fact i didn't even watch anyone else have a c-section until i was sure i'd done having kids and was never gonna have another operation. Loved watching it done to someone else though. I do enjoy seeing inside the human body, and other bodies.

over a year ago

Sorry, had 3 sections awake, forgot they put me to sleep for the 4th because the spinal drip wouldn't go in.

over a year ago

Had carpal tunnel release on one hand. Didn't watch, didn't want to watch and refuse to have the other one done as it's vile.

I'm not squeamish just only certain types of pain I am ok with!

over a year ago

I have had one smallish key hole surgery where i was put to sleep, they prefer to put folk to sleep for that op as using a spinal block takes to long to make it worth while and although under a general anesthetic, it was only very mild and for less than an hour.

I have also been awake when a camera was put into my bladder and i was able to see inside my own bladder, very odd.

Recently when i had a more complex and long operation i was given a spinal block (not pleasant while it was being done) and hence was awake during the op but had a screen infront of me so i coudn't see, they prefer to give a spinal block for this op as there is less risk and also less side effects, it was ok i guess and they had also given me some "happy" medicine which made it all go by very quickly lol.

When i have my next op i am not sure what i will do as i think i would prefer to be asleep but they prefer spinal block, however as i have had no nasty side effects from a GA then maybe my choice will be ok

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

I had 2 caudal epidurals with steroids in my spine, which they did without knocking me out, the second was way more unpleasant than the firs.t and the sensation of a needle scraping the inside of your spine is something that will stay with me for a loooong time!

I wasnt so lucky with my gallbladder op, I begged them to be awake so I could see what was going on but they had other ideas

over a year ago

Thanks i have enjoyed reading these

over a year ago

"Hoping I never need surgery, but I'd love to watch. I even find it fascinating having blood taken, watching it spurt out into the tube. "
you dnt hang around on ceilings too do you?

over a year ago

"Hoping I never need surgery, but I'd love to watch. I even find it fascinating having blood taken, watching it spurt out into the tube. you dnt hang around on ceilings too do you? "

No but there's a reason none of my photos are mirror selfies...

Post new Message to Thread