Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Fifty shades of grey

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right as a mans take on the film I think it's a shitty film and out of curiously i decided to ready the books the. Watch the film and obv the film as so much chopped out. Don't get me wrong im not a book man per se but I wanted to knw i what all the hype was about. It is to me an interesting read. But I realised that some of the kinky shit in the book and film I've done and still do lol but only because I enjoy not because I'm a strict Dom

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"Right as a mans take on the film I think it's a shitty film and out of curiously i decided to ready the books the. Watch the film and obv the film as so much chopped out. Don't get me wrong im not a book man per se but I wanted to knw i what all the hype was about. It is to me an interesting read. But I realised that some of the kinky shit in the book and film I've done and still do lol but only because I enjoy not because I'm a strict Dom "

By *rMojoRisingMan
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

It's about a rich man lavishing gifts on a woman, that's the whole premise into it. If the guy lived in a council flat he would be labelled as nutter and the film would be billed as a tale of domestic abuse.

By *rs TootyWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Books are always better than the films. They never translate properly on screen.

A lot of Vanilla people fantasise about what us on here put into place and enjoy..

If only they dropped their 'horrified' beliefs that society dictates as 'normal' and allowed themselves to explore.. Such fun and fabulous fun awaits

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It's about a rich man lavishing gifts on a woman, that's the whole premise into it. If the guy lived in a council flat he would be labelled as nutter and the film would be billed as a tale of domestic abuse."

I agree with this. Money makes it ok because he looked after her after the abuse. Which,in my opinion,was very tame. She refused to do the really good stuff. She was a total,boring mouse to me who the writer tried to empower and failed.

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

I enjoyed it. Took it for what it was a crap attempt at showing a d/s relationship. Poorly researched.

The books are poorly written, make him seem Like a psycho and not at all realistic. So read them for what they were and yeah kinda enjoyed them too.

I wonder about your op though. why did you say 'don't get me wrong I'm not a book guy' or something similar?

over a year ago

"I enjoyed it. Took it for what it was a crap attempt at showing a d/s relationship. Poorly researched.

The books are poorly written, make him seem Like a psycho and not at all realistic. So read them for what they were and yeah kinda enjoyed them too.

I wonder about your op though. why did you say 'don't get me wrong I'm not a book guy' or something similar? "

Well I'm generally not a book person so I downloaded it and read it on my laptop or phone and im only reading them to see what all the fuss was about and if it's really all that regarding the film also

over a year ago

"It's about a rich man lavishing gifts on a woman, that's the whole premise into it. If the guy lived in a council flat he would be labelled as nutter and the film would be billed as a tale of domestic abuse.

I agree with this. Money makes it ok because he looked after her after the abuse. Which,in my opinion,was very tame. She refused to do the really good stuff. She was a total,boring mouse to me who the writer tried to empower and failed."

over a year ago

Everyone has their own take on the film and what it has to offer, some people like it for the Dom/sub party and find it raunchy but what we forget is it's also a love story and has much more depth to it than what meets the eye. It's about how she changes him to become more vanilla then her being abused

over a year ago

"Everyone has their own take on the film and what it has to offer, some people like it for the Dom/sub party and find it raunchy but what we forget is it's also a love story and has much more depth to it than what meets the eye. It's about how she changes him to become more vanilla then her being abused "

By *eyondCuriousWoman
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

All films are never like the book. Except in this case I thought otherwise lol. I really liked it as a love story, the sex wasn't too in your face and the Ana character comes across as a mouse but really is a strong person because she won't go along with it all.

Vanilla friends liked it but the sex was too much for them and couldn't understand why people have sex like that

I hope they make 'fifty shades darker' i think it's the best book

Her

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

near cardiff

"Right as a mans take on the film I think it's a shitty film and out of curiously i decided to ready the books the. Watch the film and obv the film as so much chopped out. Don't get me wrong im not a book man per se but I wanted to knw i what all the hype was about. It is to me an interesting read. But I realised that some of the kinky shit in the book and film I've done and still do lol but only because I enjoy not because I'm a strict Dom "

I read it..well the first one anyway..it's a badly written love story with some kinky stuff thrown in

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"It's about a rich man lavishing gifts on a woman, that's the whole premise into it. If the guy lived in a council flat he would be labelled as nutter and the film would be billed as a tale of domestic abuse."

Agree. Stalking and controlling behaviour too.

over a year ago

"Everyone has their own take on the film and what it has to offer, some people like it for the Dom/sub party and find it raunchy but what we forget is it's also a love story and has much more depth to it than what meets the eye. It's about how she changes him to become more vanilla then her being abused "

That's how I took it!

over a year ago

It romanticises abusive relationships and spreads misinformation about the entire bdsm subculture

Mr grey is not a dom

He's an abuser

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"It romanticises abusive relationships and spreads misinformation about the entire bdsm subculture

Mr grey is not a dom

He's an abuser"

By *ivilizedkinkCouple
over a year ago

harrow

My big worry abour this so called love story/sub dom relationship is the fact that the author seems to have confused sexual abuse with sexual domination as a fantasy .having been on the fetish and bdsm scene for many years its clear the author had no clear understand of of the scene and misrepresented the true roll a dom plays as the sub is truely the person in control otherwise its just abuse

over a year ago

"My big worry abour this so called love story/sub dom relationship is the fact that the author seems to have confused sexual abuse with sexual domination as a fantasy .having been on the fetish and bdsm scene for many years its clear the author had no clear understand of of the scene and misrepresented the true roll a dom plays as the sub is truely the person in control otherwise its just abuse"

Well to be honest he does tell her she is the one in control and she can stop anytime.

over a year ago

'Rectify the situation'

What a fucking cunt.

...i don't know why my fb made me watch this bollocks with her. Wasn't how many made out the book to be.

Post new Message to Thread