By *eedelightsWoman
over a year ago

London

With a excuse like that I would rather they just didn't turn up and say nothing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

Time waster,s we have heard it all from them friends and family dropping dead car crasser car stolen run out of petrol barred from that pub did not remember till i turned up

By *ue and rob OP   Couple
over a year ago

ware

Ok so what's the weirdest you've had

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I got a text at 01.45 to say that he could not make the met the next day as he had to take the car in to the garage.

I asked if it had turned into a pumpkin!

What a tosser!

over a year ago

years ago we were having our car stolen during a meet old bill knocked the door lol so strange things do happen

By *reedy_for_funCouple
over a year ago

My House

We've been the ones to sort notice cancel on a few occasions. Usually it had been mother nature or no baby sitter. Twice we've been blocked because of it. One couple we met at a party about 2 months later, they said they blocked us because they thought we weren't real or that I was a fake profile. That's a fake profile with 20 or so veris at the time

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Meet arranged , no show.....nothing just blanked,or being lead down the cybersex path

over a year ago

thats really giving you the brush off isnt it

over a year ago

"Ok so what's the weirdest you've had "

Mine was unwell child related then at the time the appointment was due they were online for the whole hour with s status that read...

Never been so horny

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Ok so what's the weirdest you've had

Mine was unwell child related then at the time the appointment was due they were online for the whole hour with s status that read...

Never been so horny"

That's quite feasible though isn't it?

By *ornish kipperMan
over a year ago

cornwall

time wasters last night nother Cpl phone yes all up for meet driving there tex sorry cannot meet wife bad lol why do this just to take the piss wish we could name and shame

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

We have never had a time waster yet. I dont know if this is because of the area we live or are we quite selective in who we arrange meeets with or have we just been lucky

over a year ago

Sat and waited in a pub for half an hour last meet time once, I called him, no reply so texts him "where are you?" Only to get a reply "I didn't think you were serious" FFS, had driven forty minutes, sat there for thirty and forty minutes drive home, a whole evening wasted really never mind the time it took me to get ready. That's why I mainly meet in clubs now, There are always reserves to call on

over a year ago

*past meet time

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I only consider someone as timewasters when they confirm to meet but didnt show up or cancel within just few minutes before the time.

If they cancel hours or a day beforehand, i dont consider them as timewasters. They might have more important things to do.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

I was due to meet a couple for the second time in the same bar we met in for the first date which went well.

90 minutes later, after several texts from me, I got a message from him saying that his wife had just fallen out with her sister and was too upset to meet....

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"I only consider someone as timewasters when they confirm to meet but didnt show up or cancel within just few minutes before the time.

If they cancel hours or a day beforehand, i dont consider them as timewasters. They might have more important things to do.

"

This

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

why are people who advise they are cancelling a meet labelled 'timewasters'

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ok so what's the weirdest you've had "

I forgot it's my birthday

(Although... I don't class it as a timewaster as he told me the night before.... just a bizarre excuse)

over a year ago

I think the majority of time wasters are people who really want to meet but are nervous, you still get the odd dork.

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

"Sat and waited in a pub for half an hour last meet time once, I called him, no reply so texts him "where are you?" Only to get a reply "I didn't think you were serious" FFS, had driven forty minutes, sat there for thirty and forty minutes drive home, a whole evening wasted really never mind the time it took me to get ready. That's why I mainly meet in clubs now, There are always reserves to call on

"

I'll keep my eyes open for you next time I'm at the Townhouse.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I had one on Friday that apparently can't tell the difference between Costa and Starbucks

over a year ago

"last night we got the best time waster excuse ever,,,,,,

wait for it ,,,,,,,

"I forgot im decorating my house so I cant make it"

You got to laugh !!! "

Did she mean she'd "got the painters in"????? I hate that phrase, lol

over a year ago

Its knobheads like these timewasters that make it so hard for people like me to get a meet.

Well that and the fact i look like shrek on drugs crossed with a Jeremy Kyle guest....

By *ngels secretWoman
over a year ago

northeast area

waiting for a meet and got a text sorry i cant make it i have run over a deer.of course he didnt get a second chance i deleted him

over a year ago

"waiting for a meet and got a text sorry i cant make it i have run over a deer.of course he didnt get a second chance i deleted him "

That sounds pretty genuine to me - sounds like a sensitive chap! Anyway, a deer can do a lot of damage to your car.

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

One once sent me a text...as I was sat waiting in the pub for our meet...saying he was sorry but he was helping his brother move a bed, could I hang on for 2 or 3 HOURS?!! Errrr....nope!!!

over a year ago

Never been so horny"

This could have been a genuine excuse...being online is no proof that they weren't... I have 3 devices on which I access fab and sometimes forget to close one down...have had someone "accuse" me of spending all day online and get stroppy when I was actually working!!!

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Its knobheads like these timewasters that make it so hard for people like me to get a meet.

Well that and the fact i look like shrek on drugs crossed with a Jeremy Kyle guest.... "

Can't comment on the second reason for your lack of meets, but it's not the first....you make your own luck on this site.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Never been so horny

That's quite feasible though isn't it? "

I would have thought so. The meet had to be cancelled due to child related issues so after looking forward to a meet she couldnt now have she was left horny and sexually frustrated. Happens to me a lot, but im honest from first contact that i struggle for child care and do have to sometimes cancel at the last minute

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Not for a planned meet but 'couples' with excuses like:

"wife has just has a Hysterectomy"

In the 6 months here, I've had a dozen 'couples' come up with this excuse. The number of Hysterectomies on FabS exceeds the capacity the NHS can handle

over a year ago

Lol we were told by a guy after we'd sent a face pic that we weren't for him as he doesn't go with anyone that's more hench than him - well my man does have big guns lol

By *tockport_slutWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

I've had quite a few...

One recently was when i aranged a meet with my bi male fb. I had asked this guy loads about being bi, he had bi on his profile, we even went in to some detail on what he wanted to do..

He cancelled as he did do the bi thing anymore

over a year ago

Not really a time waster, more frustrating, arranged to meet a guy yesterday around 2 weeks ago. I messaged beginning of last week to ask if he was still ok to meet, oh yes he says, very excited, I've not changed my mind have I? Nope, defo up for it, I'll text you Sunday morning to confirm, ok he says. So I text when I say but he tells me he's made other plans as he didn't hear from me?!!!!

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Not really a time waster, more frustrating, arranged to meet a guy yesterday around 2 weeks ago. I messaged beginning of last week to ask if he was still ok to meet, oh yes he says, very excited, I've not changed my mind have I? Nope, defo up for it, I'll text you Sunday morning to confirm, ok he says. So I text when I say but he tells me he's made other plans as he didn't hear from me?!!!!"
sounds like yet another keyboard fantasist. There are so many on this site. Real meets scare them.

over a year ago

"waiting for a meet and got a text sorry i cant make it i have run over a deer.of course he didnt get a second chance i deleted him "

a little hasty, sounds like a decent guy.

I've hit a deer before when it jumped out in front on my car, I was mortified.

sex would have been the last thing on my mind.

over a year ago

"Not really a time waster, more frustrating, arranged to meet a guy yesterday around 2 weeks ago. I messaged beginning of last week to ask if he was still ok to meet, oh yes he says, very excited, I've not changed my mind have I? Nope, defo up for it, I'll text you Sunday morning to confirm, ok he says. So I text when I say but he tells me he's made other plans as he didn't hear from me?!!!! sounds like yet another keyboard fantasist. There are so many on this site. Real meets scare them."

I've had a few like this over the years previous I was on here but he was well verified by meet. I've given him one last date and time but won't give another if he cancels again. Don't need crap like that, just sort a meet and go, its really that easy!

over a year ago

"Not really a time waster, more frustrating, arranged to meet a guy yesterday around 2 weeks ago. I messaged beginning of last week to ask if he was still ok to meet, oh yes he says, very excited, I've not changed my mind have I? Nope, defo up for it, I'll text you Sunday morning to confirm, ok he says. So I text when I say but he tells me he's made other plans as he didn't hear from me?!!!!"

If they did this to someone who was going to help them, look at a car for sale or anything else they would be embarrassed to back out at the last minute.

Because it is a sex meeting through Fab they think normal politeness does not matter. They are just plain rude and inconsiderate shits as far as i am concerened.

over a year ago

"Not really a time waster, more frustrating, arranged to meet a guy yesterday around 2 weeks ago. I messaged beginning of last week to ask if he was still ok to meet, oh yes he says, very excited, I've not changed my mind have I? Nope, defo up for it, I'll text you Sunday morning to confirm, ok he says. So I text when I say but he tells me he's made other plans as he didn't hear from me?!!!!

If they did this to someone who was going to help them, look at a car for sale or anything else they would be embarrassed to back out at the last minute.

Because it is a sex meeting through Fab they think normal politeness does not matter. They are just plain rude and inconsiderate shits as far as i am concerened. "

Yep, tend to agree but in not so many words! I think its bullshit to be honest, I wouldn't make other plans and cancel a meet without first messaging the other party to confirm it was still on or not, its just a poor excuse trying to blame me. I've given him one more chance but doubt he'll take it.

over a year ago

Curious to why your complaining about his excuse , especially when your willing to give him another try after not getting any notice from him . Just my opinion

over a year ago

"Curious to why your complaining about his excuse , especially when your willing to give him another try after not getting any notice from him . Just my opinion "

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Not really moaning, just bemused as to why he made other plans the day before I said I'd text to confirm the meet. If he's changed his mind then fine, he won't take the second chance and I'll move on.

over a year ago

Great news for me im a decorator time for meets with no excuses

over a year ago

"Curious to why your complaining about his excuse , especially when your willing to give him another try after not getting any notice from him . Just my opinion

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Not really moaning, just bemused as to why he made other plans the day before I said I'd text to confirm the meet. If he's changed his mind then fine, he won't take the second chance and I'll move on. "

Maybe by not given him the benefit off the doubt he will learn by his mistake and won't do it to another person

over a year ago

"Curious to why your complaining about his excuse , especially when your willing to give him another try after not getting any notice from him . Just my opinion

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. Not really moaning, just bemused as to why he made other plans the day before I said I'd text to confirm the meet. If he's changed his mind then fine, he won't take the second chance and I'll move on.

Maybe by not given him the benefit off the doubt he will learn by his mistake and won't do it to another person "

Maybe, but I've had to cancel last minute due to being let down by babysitters and sick kids but rearranged. I think its only fair to give someone a second chance. I doubt he'll take it but I haven't really wasted any time if he doesn't.

over a year ago

"waiting for a meet and got a text sorry i cant make it i have run over a deer.of course he didnt get a second chance i deleted him

a little hasty, sounds like a decent guy.

I've hit a deer before when it jumped out in front on my car, I was mortified.

sex would have been the last thing on my mind."

I cried when I ran over a baby sparrow

over a year ago

We usually give people the benefit of the doubt. We had one guy say "I had to go off-shore to the rigs on the monday and could not text you from there"

"Oh. OK. When did they tell you?"

"Friday"

"So over the whole weekend you did not get a chance to send a 'Sorry cannot make it' text?"

"No i was busy"

Yeah right!!

over a year ago

"We usually give people the benefit of the doubt. We had one guy say "I had to go off-shore to the rigs on the monday and could not text you from there"

"Oh. OK. When did they tell you?"

"Friday"

"So over the whole weekend you did not get a chance to send a 'Sorry cannot make it' text?"

"No i was busy"

Yeah right!! "

Oh come on, it takes at least 30 seconds to send a text!!

By *LFB.Woman
over a year ago

Farnborough.

After planning a meet at 8.30pm get a message 8.15pm cant make it have been called into work. 9pm ive finished so do you want to meet now.....err no.

over a year ago

We arranged a social meet with a couple, then that morning all messages stopped, no replies, no answer to calling, it all went quiet. Sent a message asking to confirm the meet was still on...didnt hear back...we sent another saying if we dont hear from you we'll assume its off...didnt hear back. Went online...they'd deleted their profile. We just chalked it up to timewasters.

BUT...recently noticed the same couple have set up a new profile, looked at us, and have blocked us. I did see on updates though that another couple have verified them.

Still have absolutely no idea why they changed their mind about meeting us...but we'd have rather had ANY excuse than none at all!!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"We arranged a social meet with a couple, then that morning all messages stopped, no replies, no answer to calling, it all went quiet. Sent a message asking to confirm the meet was still on...didnt hear back...we sent another saying if we dont hear from you we'll assume its off...didnt hear back. Went online...they'd deleted their profile. We just chalked it up to timewasters.

Still have absolutely no idea why they changed their mind about meeting us...but we'd have rather had ANY excuse than none at all!! "

We had similar recently, for a rare evening we were free. Just beyond rude, some people have no manners.

over a year ago

As being a single guy i take great delight in finding out that it is not always a singleton who lets others down as we get so much bad press as it is and i have to say sometimes i do feel we deserve some off it going by what i have seen in some forum posts .

over a year ago

"As being a single guy i take great delight in finding out that it is not always a singleton who lets others down as we get so much bad press as it is and i have to say sometimes i do feel we deserve some off it going by what i have seen in some forum posts . "

We've met some lovely people, but have also been messed around...just don't tend to make a song and dance about it

Post new Message to Thread