Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Scotland

Jump to newest

By *ugartitsandhim OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

Going to Scotland for the weekend !!! Where is the best night out ??? Not booked a hotel yet as don't know if Glasgow or Edinburgh is the best place to party ???? And what places in the cities ????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its a big place.

over a year ago

North West

"Its a big place."

over a year ago

Depends what you want from your night out and the rest of the weekend?

Edinburgh, lots of fantastic restaurants and places for nice drinks, history and plenty to see and do during the day. Fantastic clubs (only one swingers club After 8s)

Glasgow, for me, is slightly more cosmopolitan and modern, good places to eat and a city centre vibe, some good night clubs. day activities are shopping orientated. CJs is the swinging club option

This is just my opinion on personal experience though, Aberdeen could also be fun, Dundee has some good options, Stirling is a good getaway ... Yup a fairly big place lol

over a year ago

Fife; Newburgh high street is hot hot hot

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Moelfre

Can't comment on clubs but Edinburgh is a great weekend destination. Loads to do and see

over a year ago

"Depends what you want from your night out and the rest of the weekend?

Edinburgh, lots of fantastic restaurants and places for nice drinks, history and plenty to see and do during the day. Fantastic clubs (only one swingers club After 8s)

Glasgow, for me, is slightly more cosmopolitan and modern, good places to eat and a city centre vibe, some good night clubs. day activities are shopping orientated. CJs is the swinging club option

This is just my opinion on personal experience though, Aberdeen could also be fun, Dundee has some good options, Stirling is a good getaway ... Yup a fairly big place lol

"

Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk

over a year ago

Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk"

Actually yes, whilst it's not up there with Edinburgh / Glasgow the city is growing. Malmaison is a lovely hotel, some really nice restaurants have arrived in the city and it's got some interesting sights. Plus it's close to St Andrews if you fancy a bit of history.

Visited Belfast recently and rated it highly so it could be we have different benchmarks ??

over a year ago

Glasgow has many things going for it..clubs to suit all tastes...great places to eat...cheap hotels...very nice boutique Hotels...

But by far the thing that make Glasgow stand out from the rest is People...

over a year ago

Try loch ness, there should be a nice hotel at the lake

over a year ago

Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk

Actually yes, whilst it's not up there with Edinburgh / Glasgow the city is growing. Malmaison is a lovely hotel, some really nice restaurants have arrived in the city and it's got some interesting sights. Plus it's close to St Andrews if you fancy a bit of history.

Visited Belfast recently and rated it highly so it could be we have different benchmarks ??"

Just being facetious love,sorry.. Actually had no intentions of leaving Dundee,only came back here due to my mother taking ill and her needing me to care for her..

Used to love a walk up to the observatory or the law monument,spending hrs in the old graveyard wrapped around law hill..I've also returned a couple of times for a visit

over a year ago

North West

"

I Think Glasgow sounds more what we are looking for !!!!! Thanks

over a year ago

North West

"Glasgow has many things going for it..clubs to suit all tastes...great places to eat...cheap hotels...very nice boutique Hotels...

But by far the thing that make Glasgow stand out from the rest is People... "

over a year ago

North West

Looks like Glasgow wins !!!!!!! Friday and Saturday night out on the town (city) !!!!!!!!! woo hoo

over a year ago

North West

Now to find a nice hotel with a spa and fitness centre

over a year ago

by the sounds of it you two would make any place win,, but if your unsure just have a look at the sexy women on your arm that would do it for me

enjoy glasgow

over a year ago

This interests me, got AC/DC tickets for Glasgow....impulse buy when couldn't get ones I wanted!

Need recommendations for good places to stay...hoping to make weekender out of it!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Stay away from Aberdeen, there is nothing tosee here!

over a year ago

"Stay away from Aberdeen, there is nothing tosee here! "

Dunno about that, we're up there in the summer visiting and meeting with a lovely lady from those parts

over a year ago

North West

Hotel booked ....... let the games begin !!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

Well Done enjoy your time in my city...

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk"

Dundee born and bred here. While we might not be as big or cosmopolitan as Edinburgh or Glasgow, it is certainly not a shithole.

In fact, the waterfront is undergoing a major renovation at the moment, once that's complete that area will look fantastic.

Every city has some rundown areas, there are plenty of gorgeous areas in Dundee

over a year ago

"Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk

Dundee born and bred here. While we might not be as big or cosmopolitan as Edinburgh or Glasgow, it is certainly not a shithole.

In fact, the waterfront is undergoing a major renovation at the moment, once that's complete that area will look fantastic.

Every city has some rundown areas, there are plenty of gorgeous areas in Dundee "

over a year ago

"Sorry but is that the same dundee I spent 6yrs at uni in,if so they must hide the options well,the place was a shithole,although coming from Belfast,i really have no room to talk

Every city has some rundown areas, there are plenty of gorgeous areas in Dundee "

Stayed in a number of places while there,ogilvie st, the flats above the bar on corner of reform st, hawkhill and then down in union st..

I loved every minute of it,uni during the day, usually with lunch on the steps of caird hall. Nights working behind the bar in Flares 70!s bar if you remember it..

The architecture of the buildings alone are beautiful.

I meant no offence and my first post was a flippant off the cuff remark that on hindsight was misplaced on a forum trying to encourage anyone to visit anywhere..

I have a number of friends who still live there and I still visit when I get the chance

Post new Message to Thread