Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How long do you wait?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Morning fellow swingers,

Can you tell me how long you would wait for a meet that was late.

Picture the scene, you have wasted time getting ready, turned down other offers, wrestled traffic to get there on time and then you wait! and wait, and wait.

Now, because of many reasons, I don't give out my phone number to strangers and I can't be arsed with a second phone..........it just becomes a 0898 number for tossers! So, this meet could not call/text me to tell me about the delay. BUT the way I see it is an arrangement is an arrangement, if you can be bothered to be on time for the first meet, what used are you to me?

So, I ask you all, how long do you think is a reasonable amount of time to wait before calling it a "let down"?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never happened to me thankfully but I think 20-30 mins then I'd leave

over a year ago

I'd wait half an hour

I also dont give out my number but now days sending a message on here is just as easy as sending a text, I would give them 30 mins check my messages on fab if after 30 mins there was no message I'd message them saying I'd waited 30 mins you didn't turn up so I've gone

over a year ago

"Never happened to me thankfully but I think 20-30 mins then I'd leave "

Agree but alway verify with a phone call if you are both serious about meeting

over a year ago

"I'd wait half an hour

I also dont give out my number but now days sending a message on here is just as easy as sending a text, I would give them 30 mins check my messages on fab if after 30 mins there was no message I'd message them saying I'd waited 30 mins you didn't turn up so I've gone "

done this

over a year ago

"I'd wait half an hour

I also dont give out my number but now days sending a message on here is just as easy as sending a text, I would give them 30 mins check my messages on fab if after 30 mins there was no message I'd message them saying I'd waited 30 mins you didn't turn up so I've gone "

Same! I don't give out my number to people on fab! Only one guy has it but I trust him, easy enough to log on to fab/kik etc

over a year ago

"Never happened to me thankfully but I think 20-30 mins then I'd leave

Agree but alway verify with a phone call if you are both serious about meeting "

I agree with this.

over a year ago

I agree with this. "

Thank you x

By *edsBonkingMan
over a year ago

Near MK

Seems that about 30 mins is a reasonable amount of time, that would be my thought too.

over a year ago

The time it takes to finish the drink you ordered when you arrived. If no contact then, wayhay, line em up barkeep let's get trollied!

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We don,t wait We say were we will be get them to come and meet us so if they don,t turn up we have not wasted our time stopped chasing year,s ago

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

Only one guy I gave my number too as I trust but longest I waited is 30 min

over a year ago

Agree but alway verify with a phone call if you are both serious about meeting "

I've never spoken on the phone to anyone on here before meeting, I dont see what difference a phone call makes, if someone is just messing you about they will do that regardless of talking on the phone, if something comes up at home and you no longer genuinely can't make the meet your not going to still go just because you have spoken on the phone, giving out your number and having a chat does not make someone genuine or more serious about meeting

I've been on the site since 2008, in that time I've only had one no show and I've never handed out my number

over a year ago

I agree with this.

Thank you x "

I go by messages cam and phone call. Never had an issue or a failed meet

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I would wait for the time it took me to have a drink and then leave

over a year ago

15/20 minutes, then I'm gone!

over a year ago

up to half an hour - thats more than enough to allow for a drama or traffic and for them to get a message to us - never been let down yet though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We would wait until we'd finished our drinks. It's never happened to us and most people are early but never say never

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

15mins without a text or message.

If we're in a pub/coffee shop, we'll obviously finish our drinks but if they turned up during that time and were more than 30mins late without contact, we wouldn't be impressed. x

By *ain n MableWoman
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

When i had my single profile on here, i would never meet someone I didn't trust with my number in the first place.(admittedly, easier for single guys).

Thankfully Sarah was the same, as i was an hour late for our first meet (cancelled train). She waited, and 5 months later we are inseparable.

That probably doesn't answer your question though. Lol.

over a year ago

"I'd wait half an hour

I also dont give out my number but now days sending a message on here is just as easy as sending a text, I would give them 30 mins check my messages on fab if after 30 mins there was no message I'd message them saying I'd waited 30 mins you didn't turn up so I've gone

Same! I don't give out my number to people on fab! Only one guy has it but I trust him, easy enough to log on to fab/kik etc "

Totally agree never give my number...SO many other ways if you're serious.

over a year ago

I expect contact before either of us set off. If I don't get it, or get a response to mine, I don't set off.

Never had a no show yet.

over a year ago

I think if they'd not turned up after seven or eight hours then I'd reluctantly think about heading home, but I'd be constantly turning round to look in case I'd just missed them, nothing worse than getting home to a message and finding out you missed each other by a whisker.

over a year ago

So far it's not been a problem but I wouldn't wait any longer than 15 minutes, unless of course they contacted me first!

over a year ago

However long it takes for me to drink my coffee,

over a year ago

Half an hour

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I rarely verify with a phonecall. I have been late to a meet before when my train got re-routed but I still managed to let the guy know what was happening and that I was on my way. And one guy was late to meet me when he lost one of his shoes. He told me he was running late and once I stopped laughing I waited. In both cases all parties eventually had a lovely time.

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

Definitely a half hour no more I don't give my phone no either as it's private and MINE but if they can't be on time move on

over a year ago

"I expect contact before either of us set off. If I don't get it, or get a response to mine, I don't set off.

Never had a no show yet."

I do this too, have a separate phone, just for meeting people.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

30 minutes or so if no contact has been made.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

30 minutes of waiting time if no numbers had been exchanged

would wait longer if they had contacted to say they would be late

By *-elleWoman
over a year ago

Romford

kik allows you to remain in contact yet still keeping your privacy. But I think 15/20mins tops.

over a year ago

I don't meet until I'm pretty sure, and then I wouldn't travel without exchanging phone numbers for just this reason. I would wait 1/2 an hour personally.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thank you everyone, it seems that we all think along the same lines, 15-30 mins MAX.

I waited 25 mins, but apparentley they turned up just after I had left. Well, late is late!

By *nleashedCrakenMan
over a year ago

Widnes

I've never spoken on the phone to anyone on here before meeting, I dont see what difference a phone call makes, if someone is just messing you about they will do that regardless of talking on the phone, if something comes up at home and you no longer genuinely can't make the meet your not going to still go just because you have spoken on the phone, giving out your number and having a chat does not make someone genuine or more serious about meeting

I've been on the site since 2008, in that time I've only had one no show and I've never handed out my number "

Yet, but not everyone's feet look as good as yours. LOL

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

30 min then I'd text saying I'll be here for another 15 min then I leave.

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

It has never happened to us but I think about half an hour is long enough. We usually arrange to meet in a bar to see if we all get on first so if there was a no show we would just make a night out of it

over a year ago

Up to an hour. Simply because I am mostly late for evertything. Even if I started preparing on a morning for an evening meet I'd still somehow find a way to be late. All my meets have been fine with a little lateness Because I've obviously kept in contact with them and let them know. I'm a bit more lenient as I do it and would hate for someone to leave.

over a year ago

15 to 20 mins if no contact then arrange other plans .

over a year ago

We have a fuck phone as well as personal ones so they get the fuck phone number. It's never on unless we're meeting so isn't a sex chat line either.

If we're meeting for drinks then we'd be out anyway so wouldn't mind waiting up to an hour before deciding to head elsewhere. That's usually how long we'd spend at one venue before moving on to the next.

over a year ago

I give my number out to people I want to give it too, Iv nothing to hide and can easily block their number if I want to.

I'd wait10 min, there is no excuse to not send a text if running late.

over a year ago

"I give my number out to people I want to give it too, Iv nothing to hide and can easily block their number if I want to.

I'd wait10 min, there is no excuse to not send a text if running late."

Exactly iv been stood up before and then without reason blocked. Sometimes things happen and you can understand..work, illness etc. But again a message out of courtesy costs nothing

over a year ago

I agree with this. "

It's easy enough to check for meseges here on Fab via your phone so there isn't a need to have to give out phone numbers now if you don't want to.

over a year ago

I've been on the site since 2008, in that time I've only had one no show and I've never handed out my number "

I don't speak on the phone either, although there are people who have my number. Ironically, the one time I have spoken to someone beforehand was the person who stood me up. He was real and genuinely just obviously woke up that day and decided to be a twat.

I'd wait 20 minutes maximum with no contact, and actually I'd be a bit annoyed waiting that long without them letting me know they were going to be late.

Post new Message to Thread