Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Facebook, P.o.F. or FabSWINGERS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is anyone else noticing an increase in the amount of profiles by people who are not actually here to 'swing' per se but instead are simply here to make friends?

Two which we've read today alone are for people here just for social meets in pubs, etc. - not for sex. And they're not taking a break nor had a change in their circumstances, that's what they signed up for. They even stated in their profiles that they're "not looking for sex meets so don't ask"!!

What's that all about?!

Beginning to wonder if FabS is the new Facebook?!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't know about that, but theres more people shagging on p.o.f and facebook

over a year ago

I'v noticed that on some profiles.

Hope its not the new Facebook....not adding my mother as friend on here!!!!!! LOL

Cath xx

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

Just waiting for those "It is their choice, what does it matter to you, move on" people to post!

Surely if this is a swingers site, you should only join if you are or want to be a swinger! Trouble is, we have become a nation of people with no views on anything that isn't "ours"!

over a year ago

Lol imagine seeing all your old friends from school on here. It's bad enough trying to avoid them on facebook.

over a year ago

"

Surely if this is a swingers site, you should only join if you are or want to be a swinger! Trouble is, we have become a nation of people with no views on anything that isn't "ours"!"

Exactly !!

over a year ago

It is a little weird though isnt it, wanting to meet mates only, through a sex site. Bit like going to a butchers to meet a vegetarian.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"It is a little weird though isnt it, wanting to meet mates only, through a sex site. Bit like going to a butchers to meet a vegetarian."

Ha ha ha.... Love that! (Just wish I'd thought of it!)

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I'm here to swing. But prefer to meet for a drink first. Just to make sure people arn't axe murders or something.

I love the social side of swinging. Don't get me wrong, if thats all there was to this site, and others that I'm a member of, I wouldn't be on them.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Lol imagine seeing all your old friends from school on here. It's bad enough trying to avoid them on facebook.

"

I actually got mails on here from two old schoolfriends (who were promptly declined lol)!!!!

over a year ago

"

I love the social side of swinging. Don't get me wrong, if thats all there was to this site, and others that I'm a member of, I wouldn't be on them."

That's exactly my point. Shouldn't they be ed out? Surely, if a large percentage of people here were specifically NOT here for sex, wouldn't the number of REAL swingers decline?

over a year ago

"Just waiting for those "It is their choice, what does it matter to you, move on" people to post!

Surely if this is a swingers site, you should only join if you are or want to be a swinger! Trouble is, we have become a nation of people with no views on anything that isn't "ours"!"

That’s the problem, maybe they do want to be swingers though, who knows? but would you actually want to meet someone who wasn’t ready to swing anyway.

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Never seen it actually. Have seen some that say not meeting at the moment due to whatever reason but non saying to just chat or make new friends as those friends want to have sex if they are on here.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Dont recall seeing any profiles like that but Im sure they are out there.

Maybe some of them are people who are interested in swinging but are just having a look around before they take things further? Everyone has to start somewhere.

Its pretty easy to tell from profiles/verifications which people are here just to cam or chat, which makes them easy enough to avoid....and easy enough to ' out'

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I can take or leave the swinging, I'm just here for the crack... {{{----- heheheh crack, get it.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"I can take or leave the swinging, I'm just here for the crack... {{{----- heheheh crack, get it. "

Ive just read your profile. You shouldnt be here

Now bugger off

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

"I can take or leave the swinging, I'm just here for the crack... {{{----- heheheh crack, get it.

Ive just read your profile. You shouldnt be here

Now bugger off"

Dont think you should be here either....off ya pop too im going also lol

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Let's all go together!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Wait for meeeeeeeeeee

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

Dont think you should be here either....off ya pop too im going also lol"

Only if we can hold hands and skip off into the sunset...

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

oooo we got ourselves a par-tay

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

Sorted (Im not holding chimp chop's hand tho)

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Sorted (Im not holding chimp chop's hand tho)"

What do you want to hold???

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

What a slappable bum that is !!

I have not seen any profiles like that but I am sure there are some.

Maybe they just like the adult chat or one of the other "likes" listed on the list of what you like....I don't suppose you would get much cyber/camfun/adult chat on facebook?

over a year ago

"Lol imagine seeing all your old friends from school on here. It's bad enough trying to avoid them on facebook.

I actually got mails on here from two old schoolfriends (who were promptly declined lol)!!!! "

omg are u serious?!?!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"What a slappable bum that is !!"

I hope you're not referring to me, I already find your air of authority intimidating without the threat of you physically reprimanding me.

Chase me!

over a year ago

ooooooooooh, whats a pof? i want one!

over a year ago

because its a free to join site this problam will always be there!!!

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

even if it was a paysite you will still get the timewasters,ask anyone that has paid on the irish sites

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

"What a slappable bum that is !!

Maybe they just like the adult chat or one of the other "likes" listed on the list of what you like....I don't suppose you would get much cyber/camfun/adult chat on facebook?"

you havent seen my facebook page,lol,

but there is 3 swinger groups iv met on facebook

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

haha, it just shows you we don't have facebook.....but maybe we need it !!

over a year ago

I've met a couple of blokes from Facebook, one was a right fittie too! I have plans to 'facebonk' him again very soon

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I can only think that the people who only com on here "to meet friends only" and not swing are perhaps feeding on their imaginations on what swingers could be up to. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. I recall seeing a mature couple at Chams who got into a dark corner of the round bed room and just watched the action. I don`t think they got involved with anyone so were just spicing up their sex lives by being voyuers, I suppose an extension of meeting for mates.

over a year ago

I'm using POF more and more. Only reason for that is i'm fed up being single

over a year ago

It is a free world FFS! I have not come across a rule to say one must swing in order to join FAB!

over a year ago

At least these people are been honest about it on their profile... we then just click off it and move to the next.

I guess what is more worrying if there is a huge number of people just joining 'to chat' as the OP says then its probably more important for other members to check their pictures and privacy settings on here to help stop an old school pal or relative clicking on your pics

S

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

We've come across a couple of them lately, Maybe they want to swing but can't make the first step because of nerves? Meeting others may help them.

We have also seen a lot of profiles that say they are swingers, but then it goes on to say wives to play, husbands to watch and not join in and then sex with own partner.Or words to that effect.

That is not swinging, that is lesbianism, to us that is more underhand than the those people who can't make up their minds.

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Forgot to add, that last bit, we have seen this on two profiles now and both couples reckon that is soft swinging

By *istress-MazikeenWoman
over a year ago

bolton

Most on here are on on P.O.F, that's how I came to be on here, a recommendation from POF.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Forgot to add, that last bit, we have seen this on two profiles now and both couples reckon that is soft swinging "

I thought that was

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

"Forgot to add, that last bit, we have seen this on two profiles now and both couples reckon that is soft swinging

I thought that was "

so did i,but we dont do soft swinging,,,

whats p o f

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Forgot to add, that last bit, we have seen this on two profiles now and both couples reckon that is soft swinging

I thought that was

so did i,but we dont do soft swinging,,,

whats p o f"

I think it is another site they are not meant to mention

over a year ago

Whats POF

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

over a year ago

sorry haha, didnt see your repsonse above

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lol I am trying to figure out what it is too !!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ah found it, vanilla dating site it is........

over a year ago

"I'v noticed that on some profiles.

Hope its not the new Facebook....not adding my mother as friend on here!!!!!! LOL

Cath xx"

Why not Cath?...She's added us as one! lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Ah found it, vanilla dating site it is........"

It has more people looking for a shag than people that want to date

As my vanilla friend found out pretty quickly

over a year ago

I think it is pretty strange. However you dont know the full reasoning behind it. Its possible they want to really slowly ease into swinging. They meet socially get to be friends and only THEN do they start thinking about going further when they feel 100% comfortable.

over a year ago

"Ah found it, vanilla dating site it is........

It has more people looking for a shag than people that want to date

As my vanilla friend found out pretty quickly"

POF was the first internet site I went on. I was shocked that men didn't want to date but shag!

Three years later...

over a year ago

"It is a little weird though isnt it, wanting to meet mates only, through a sex site. Bit like going to a butchers to meet a vegetarian."

over a year ago

"What a slappable bum that is !!

Maybe they just like the adult chat or one of the other "likes" listed on the list of what you like....I don't suppose you would get much cyber/camfun/adult chat on facebook?"

u think?

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

There's a new swingers site out that's a carbon copy of the Facebook layout. Not sure it's polite to mention it here by name though. I suspect that in a year or two all these sites may look something similar to FB.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"POF was the first internet site I went on. "

Blimey. I think mine was probably Yahoo. Still, in for a penny....

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Sassy one of the first people to mail me before I had written my profile/got any pics on, on POF was a man called goldenshowers....

My first mail sent out was me telling him to fook off and find a sex site lol

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 19/09/10 20:37:38]

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 19/09/10 20:49:31]

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"Dont recall seeing any profiles like that but Im sure they are out there.

Maybe some of them are people who are interested in swinging but are just having a look around before they take things further? Everyone has to start somewhere.

Its pretty easy to tell from profiles/verifications which people are here just to cam or chat, which makes them easy enough to avoid....and easy enough to ' out'"

THIRD TIME LUCKY!! LOL

I hope folk can tell pretty east what our scene is..we have never set out to mislead or even offer the faintest hope of actually meeting.

We fully understand the swingers views that its a swingers site so it should only be for swingers...but we would like to think that we dont and never will encroach on anyones fun..surely we dont hurt doing our own thing in the background???

We use the site for a few reasons...but the main one is the ethic of swingers, you seem to be nice decent people who dont judge, where else will will find a site where there is no racism, sexism sickos? (well..ok theres a few here but they are out of our way)

We are not short of friends in the real world..but they dont share the same common interests as us...we find camming a safe alternative and a turn on...but only with nice friendly funny people...we aint into cam shows only..

Yes, we have had a few snide comments and digs from people on here..yes we may be boring (well according to people who have never chatted to us! or swapped messages...everyone else seems to find us great company and vry funny)

But we are surely not doing any harm?...think of it as a compliment if you like.

Feel free to check the profile...hopefully is gives a fair reflection of us..we are normal honest!! lol

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"Is anyone else noticing an increase in the amount of profiles by people who are not actually here to 'swing' per se but instead are simply here to make friends?"

We'd like to attend a swingers club, not for any sexual activity just for social interaction with fellow swingers, should we not be allowed to attend?

By *lscmnmytngMan
over a year ago

J13 of the M5

What is your view on sexual activity though. If you were surrounded by it on all sides (and you very well could be) would it make you somewhat uncomfortable?

over a year ago

"What is your view on sexual activity though. If you were surrounded by it on all sides (and you very well could be) would it make you somewhat uncomfortable?

"

Not if one is a voyeur! Hence I LOVE going to clubs!

over a year ago

"Just waiting for those "It is their choice, what does it matter to you, move on" people to post!

bit harsh - having a go before i type anything lol only just logged on to this thread!

over a year ago

i dont really care who here for what to be honest as long as they make their intentions clear. maybe they like the thrill of bein on a naughty site, maybe the like the cyber sex thing , maybe the want to explore further xx

over a year ago

At the end of the day, each to their own!!!

over a year ago

"Sassy one of the first people to mail me before I had written my profile/got any pics on, on POF was a man called goldenshowers....

My first mail sent out was me telling him to fook off and find a sex site lol"

Look at us now!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

My vanilla friend turned her cam on while chatting to a guy on POF to see his face and was faced with a hard cock,had to stop myself from saying its the same on Fab

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Whats POF?

over a year ago

"Whats POF?"

Google it, easy to find.

over a year ago

"Whats POF?"

They swim in the sea and there are lots of them.

Post new Message to Thread