Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

We can take a hint...

Jump to newest

By *urboTongue21 OP   Man
over a year ago

Walsall

As a single guy you get used to rejection on here quite easily, whether its no replies or deleted messages. Move on and keep trying.

Last night, answered a post for a meet, exchanged half a dozen messages and spoke to male half of couple and awaited address details. Nothing came so messaged as no phone number; no reply. Been told was invited so tried again. Message read but no apology, no sorry but no thanks etc. End up asking politely and being concerned then...Blocked!!

Surely users of Fab should be at least courteous and indicate where firm offers are withdrawn? Sincerely hope they enjoyed themselves, just feel manners would help!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/02/15 11:13:25]

over a year ago

Sounds like either they cancelled or they kept you on the hook then went with what they thought was a better offer. It sucks, and they should have told you, but I'm afraid some people are total wankers. Best advice I can give you is next time assume no news means it's not going to happen, and don't lower yourself by sending multiple 'chasing' messages.

over a year ago

Your starting to learn that guys on here no matter how genuine are just a commodity.

And like all commodities the more there is the less value placed upon them .

over a year ago

totally agree witht he above comment

was speaking to the male half off a coupel for a whole week and arranged everyhtiong and then total silence apart from reading messages , never spoke to female so suspect it may off been a guy playing

hate profiels liek that sorry rant over

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"As a single guy you get used to rejection on here quite easily, whether its no replies or deleted messages. Move on and keep trying.

Last night, answered a post for a meet, exchanged half a dozen messages and spoke to male half of couple and awaited address details. Nothing came so messaged as no phone number; no reply. Been told was invited so tried again. Message read but no apology, no sorry but no thanks etc. End up asking politely and being concerned then...Blocked!!

Surely users of Fab should be at least courteous and indicate where firm offers are withdrawn? Sincerely hope they enjoyed themselves, just feel manners would help!!"

It was most likely a man posing as a couple. That happens a lot on the site, and is very irritating but can be avoided by polite but firm insistence on speaking to or Skyping both parties.

I've deflected quite a few fakes that way on here

over a year ago

That's very true Gordon

over a year ago

my guy used the excuse it was half term and his wife was away with the kids for half term , but arranged meet and spoke to her over that period so all was ok he said erhhhhh

over a year ago

Walsall

It was a genuine verified couple folks. Been on here long enough to spot fakes etc.

Just depressingly bad manners. Have been on other end of letdowns too.

Oh well, back to my fave lady lol.

over a year ago

"Your starting to learn that guys on here no matter how genuine are just a commodity.

And like all commodities the more there is the less value placed upon them ."

Some people treat single guys as commodities, I agree, but there are plenty, like us, who treat them with respect.

over a year ago

Walsall

Forgot to say the meet did take place according to the couple profile...thats what I meant about bad manners.

over a year ago

"Your starting to learn that guys on here no matter how genuine are just a commodity.

Some people treat single guys as commodities, I agree, but there are plenty, like us, who treat them with respect."

That's refreshing to hear

Thank u

over a year ago

"Forgot to say the meet did take place according to the couple profile...thats what I meant about bad manners. "

I have had this a couple of times, people asking or posting for meets, keep you hanging on. but now If I do not get a reply at least four hours before then I don't chase and if they message me, sorry but made other plans as they left it too late.

I might be single but I am still having fun--in my time.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Forgot to say the meet did take place according to the couple profile...thats what I meant about bad manners.

I have had this a couple of times, people asking or posting for meets, keep you hanging on. but now If I do not get a reply at least four hours before then I don't chase and if they message me, sorry but made other plans as they left it too late.

"

This!

Sadly until the landscape is one day even for all (guys, girls, couples) then single guys will continue to be treated as dispensable/exchangeable/disregardable tissue: use it or not, bin it when done with it.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Forgot to say the meet did take place according to the couple profile...thats what I meant about bad manners.

This!

Sadly until the landscape is one day even for all (guys, girls, couples) then single guys will continue to be treated as dispensable/exchangeable/disregardable tissue: use it or not, bin it when done with it."

Nonsense! I have never seen single guys as dispensable/exchangable/disregardable... some people maybe do, but to say thats how single guys is seen is just as dismissive as males saying all single females on here are fakes.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Nonsense! I have never seen single guys as dispensable/exchangable/disregardable... some people maybe do, but to say thats how single guys is seen is just as dismissive as males saying all single females on here are fakes."

I appreciate your perspective, but you haven't seen some of the emails I've had over the years, how some people view and treat single guys - guys are basically expected to jump through hoops, and if they don't comply they are "binned" for the next one that happily will. Yeah, its sad

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

Some people treat single guys as commodities, I agree, but there are plenty, like us, who treat them with respect."

Agreed..my preference is for MMF three ways..we had an amazing one last week,single guys are not commodities in our eyes.they are essential to our fun on here..although this place is rammed with them so we do get to pick and choose..

Back to the original post though..we'd never ignore,and block someone.if we cant make it,and there has been a couple of occasion where mother nature has decided to show her face earlier than normal then we have told them.

Sending a text saying sorry is a piece of piss..

over a year ago

But you put yourselves in that position...you choose to be here, nobody is forcing you to stay...what exactly is it you're looking for?

Men here seem to complain if they can't get fucked and then complain when they do...

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Nonsense! I have never seen single guys as dispensable/exchangable/disregardable... some people maybe do, but to say thats how single guys is seen is just as dismissive as males saying all single females on here are fakes.

I appreciate your perspective, but you haven't seen some of the emails I've had over the years, how some people view and treat single guys - guys are basically expected to jump through hoops, and if they don't comply they are "binned" for the next one that happily will. Yeah, its sad "

And nor have you seen the ones in my inbox, but its not tit for tat. You stated that "Sadly until the landscape is one day even for all (guys, girls, couples) then single guys will continue to be treated as dispensable/exchangeable/disregardable tissue: use it or not, bin it when done with it" which implies everyone treats single guys like that, anyway we digress.

OP, if I change my mind, I always let people know. Sometimes things do come up, and real life gets in the way. And sometimes people have put me off meeting with something they say, and again I let them know about that too.

Treat others how you wish to be treated is my motto.

over a year ago

"As a single guy you get used to rejection on here quite easily, whether its no replies or deleted messages. Move on and keep trying.

Surely users of Fab should be at least courteous and indicate where firm offers are withdrawn? Sincerely hope they enjoyed themselves, just feel manners would help!!"

Always try and reply and be polite ,but you get alot of chancers' that clearly don't read your profile and details of what your looking for and just request to be your friend or wink u willy billy,which can be annoying

over a year ago

Surely users of Fab should be at least courteous and indicate where firm offers are withdrawn? Sincerely hope they enjoyed themselves, just feel manners would help!!

Always try and reply and be polite ,but you get alot of chancers' that clearly don't read your profile and details of what your looking for and just request to be your friend or wink u willy billy,which can be annoying "

Willy nilly soz lol

over a year ago

The clue is in the first few lines of you OP!

You exchanged msgs with a couple but only spoke to the male half, you should of realised at that point it wasn't going any further.

Lesson learned hopefully and time to look again x

over a year ago

"The clue is in the first few lines of you OP!

You exchanged msgs with a couple but only spoke to the male half, you should of realised at that point it wasn't going any further.

Lesson learned hopefully and time to look again x"

Disagree with this, I (the female half) am the only one of us who sends messages, my hubs only gives the final yes or no. Unfortunately some couples/singles can be arseholes, it's the same in any walk of life. Put it down to a rubbish experience and don't let it phase you

over a year ago

Disagree with this, I (the female half)

am the only one of us who sends messages, my hubs only gives the final yes or no. Unfortunately some couples/singles can be arseholes, it's the same in any walk of life. Put it down to a rubbish experience and don't let it phase you "

so you wouldn't confirm a genuine meet with a quick

phone call to prove your a willing participant?

over a year ago

I ignore a lot of messages but if i arranged to meet with someone then had to cancel i would tell that person, it's only fair.

over a year ago

Disagree with this, I (the female half)

am the only one of us who sends messages, my hubs only gives the final yes or no. Unfortunately some couples/singles can be arseholes, it's the same in any walk of life. Put it down to a rubbish experience and don't let it phase you so you wouldn't confirm a genuine meet with a quick

phone call to prove your a willing participant?"

We never put up meet requests for a start, we talk to people, get to know them and when we get free time we meet them. The fact we have a couples profile (and have been verified) shows we are both willing participants as you put it.

By *tarburst babydollCouple
over a year ago

Dingwall

"Sounds like either they cancelled or they kept you on the hook then went with what they thought was a better offer. It sucks, and they should have told you, but I'm afraid some people are total wankers. Best advice I can give you is next time assume no news means it's not going to happen, and don't lower yourself by sending multiple 'chasing' messages."

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

You don't like all men on here being judged by the few bad ones, I'm sure, so please don't tar everyone else with the same brush.

Some of us value the decent men. Speaking purely for myself though, bitterness and self-pity have me moving on to the next man, pronto. Behaving the same way towards other site members as you resent being treated yourself is also not an endearing trait.

over a year ago

Lol, manners don't mean shit on the internet son

over a year ago

Lot time wasters fakes etc

People who chat then bottle it at last min

But also some very nice genuine people it's bit like the lottery right place right time thing

Single guys have it easy you should try being married on here

Like the black spot of death on a pirate ship

Still optimistic me happy hunting

Post new Message to Thread