Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do they work ............discus

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *1paljungMan
over a year ago

Richmond

Op I was in a two year open relatationship, which was leading to marriage, hottest thing I've experienced, painful at times, but id say mostly my own fault. With hindaight I'd say a lot of fun!

over a year ago

cool x do you both discus rules and regulations befor hand ?? x x

By *rivate roomMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

In an open relationship you can have your partner and another regular girlfriend. Sounds fun

By *1paljungMan
over a year ago

Richmond

"cool x do you both discus rules and regulations befor hand ?? x x "

Yes we had our rules, which got bent a bit, most of the time I really liked to watch her flirt and the act of her being seduced, Ive always liked a show off girl so that edge was always present x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In an open relationship you can have your partner and another regular girlfriend. Sounds fun"

Don't forget she's also out fucking others you need to be able to handle that too not just what you can get upto

over a year ago

"Do they work ............discus "

Have you tried it?

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

They can work really well, or they can be awful and hurt people.

I prefer open relationships, but with hindsight now I know that it really hurt one of the guys involved. He told me after we split up last year that he hated it and wanted more, and monogamy... but knew if he asked for that he would lose me. We did talk regularly as well, and he assured me all was well... but obviously not, and he could not stand sharing me with someone very special I met, so sadly in the choice, he lost out.

over a year ago

no I have not but asking advice to see if its for me x

over a year ago

"no I have not but asking advice to see if its for me x "

as above x

over a year ago

"They can work really well, or they can be awful and hurt people.

I prefer open relationships, but with hindsight now I know that it really hurt one of the guys involved. He told me after we split up last year that he hated it and wanted more, and monogamy... but knew if he asked for that he would lose me. We did talk regularly as well, and he assured me all was well... but obviously not, and he could not stand sharing me with someone very special I met, so sadly in the choice, he lost out."

sure I suppose the open word being the main focus x x

over a year ago

I was in a open relationship for a few years I'm now single, guess that answers that question

over a year ago

With the most inconclusive answer ever.... I guess it depends!

over a year ago

"I was in a open relationship for a few years I'm now single, guess that answers that question "

True x

over a year ago

Defo depends on people involved and if they would stick to the "rules" you agree to ?? x x

over a year ago

"Defo depends on people involved and if they would stick to the "rules" you agree to ?? x x "

But what are the rules of an open relationship?

Surely being open it means just that open to meet who you like?

If you have rules isn't that just a swinging couple that meets alone?

By *rnyashellcplCouple
over a year ago

Haydock

I think they could if you could put feelings aside, I couldn't do it because I would want the other person to myself

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"In an open relationship you can have your partner and another regular girlfriend. Sounds fun"

Can your 'open-relationship partner' have another regular boyfriend too?

By *ohjaneCouple
over a year ago

south staffs

Our relationship - and 36 year marriage - has always been based on an open situation. We both knew that we wanted more than sex with only each other before we got married and have become closer and stronger as the years have gone by. Our only rule is that we talk. We must be honest and we must say everything that is in our heads to each other.

Communication, honesty, respect and love are the ingredients for a long and happy marriage, even an open one.

Jane x

over a year ago

Friends of mine married had open relationship

One night after few drinks they told me because she fancied me

He went off to bed we fucked downstairs became regular Friday night thing he just leave us to it

There still married but I've moved on married too

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

we prefer doing things together but have had little dabbles lol always open and honest x

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

"Our relationship - and 36 year marriage - has always been based on an open situation. We both knew that we wanted more than sex with only each other before we got married and have become closer and stronger as the years have gone by. Our only rule is that we talk. We must be honest and we must say everything that is in our heads to each other.

Communication, honesty, respect and love are the ingredients for a long and happy marriage, even an open one.

Jane x"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/02/15 09:42:33]

over a year ago

For some people they will, for others they won't.

We play separately but wouldn't describe our relationship as open. There are still rules.

over a year ago

I'm polyamorous and have several partners - male and female. It works brilliantly for us. I would never go back to trying to be monogamous, or trying to prioritise one partner over another. That does not work for me.

over a year ago

Oh and we don't have any rules, we just communicate openly and honestly.

over a year ago

"Do they work ............discus I think they could if you could put feelings aside, I couldn't do it because I would want the other person to myself"

My partners and I don't put feelings aside, we have very strong feelings for the people we're involved with in most cases.

You don't have to be exclusive with feelings - if you had two children, would you tell one of them that you didn't have any feelings towards them because the first one already had taken that slot?

over a year ago

"Do they work ............discus I think they could if you could put feelings aside, I couldn't do it because I would want the other person to myself

My partners and I don't put feelings aside, we have very strong feelings for the people we're involved with in most cases.

Good point

You don't have to be exclusive with feelings - if you had two children, would you tell one of them that you didn't have any feelings towards them because the first one already had taken that slot?"

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

For some it's perfect, others put up with it out of love... Me when I find a relationship, I want all or nothing... Which is probably why I'm single!

over a year ago

They can work if all the parties agree to the terms.

However, it can become more complex when one side believes that the terms have changed post a period of time.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We have a very happy marriage been swinging 35 years both are hallowed to play on there own our golden rule is don't play with a friends or people we know. Both had to go on courses and be away from each other that,s were we both have played.Long lonely night,s in hotels on your own. Nothing better than sat it an hotel bar and a smart looking business man chat,s you up and you flirt.

Ihave always got Paul yes to do so and one of the horniest thing is when i get Paul to speak to them and he tell,s them to enjoy

By *ipswingCouple
over a year ago

portrush

we have been together for 20 years now,and from the start decided that our relationship should be open ...but then i, am part of make love not war generation, and herself is/was a biker chick ..

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

In my experience men have never been able to candle it and they just want to have their cake and eat it so to speak

over a year ago

The only rules I would have are talking about things, openly and honestly and what days I would spend with each partner

over a year ago

"In my experience men have never been able to candle it and they just want to have their cake and eat it so to speak "

#NotAllMen

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"In my experience men have never been able to candle it and they just want to have their cake and eat it so to speak

#NotAllMen"

I did use the term in my experience

By *rivate roomMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

Does open relationship mean you can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend.

Romance as well as just sex. So if a couple are married they would have a boy/girlfriend as well?

over a year ago

"For some it's perfect, others put up with it out of love... Me when I find a relationship, I want all or nothing... Which is probably why I'm single! "

me too

over a year ago

I wish but no chance

over a year ago

"Does open relationship mean you can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend.

Romance as well as just sex. So if a couple are married they would have a boy/girlfriend as well? "

Yes

By *arkwolf66Woman
over a year ago

Horsham,

Honesty, security, communication and all concerned being absolutely on the same page, sounds a lot like communism, works in principal but usually a lot more complex than people first believe, my own experiences have taught me that I prefer to be single, but there are plenty of people it works a treat for

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"In my experience men have never been able to candle it and they just want to have their cake and eat it so to speak

#NotAllMen

I did use the term in my experience "

In my experience, it's women.

over a year ago

"Does open relationship mean you can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend.

Romance as well as just sex. So if a couple are married they would have a boy/girlfriend as well? "

Yes, I've dated people that are in a married relationship.

over a year ago

Yes they do as long as both parties are completely honest with each other,and trust each other

over a year ago

Was in an open relationship as ex didnt want sex but wanted to keep me

It worked to the point I was ill then decided I might as well be single than be in a relationship that was more like friends.

over a year ago

Personally I couldn't do it.

Would eat me up inside. Its all or nothing. That's why I stay single for now.

By *rivate roomMan
over a year ago

Bracknell

Did the person you were dating tell their married partner. Were they in a open married rel.

over a year ago

"Did the person you were dating tell their married partner. Were they in a open married rel."

It wouldn't be open if people kept secrets.

Open relationships and polyamory rely on honesty and integrity.

Why the assumption that people are cheating?

over a year ago

#NotAllMen

I did use the term in my experience

In my experience, it's women.

"

Explain

Post new Message to Thread