Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

The mark as unread button

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can anyone tell me what the point of this is,

At least when you send someone a message and you know they have read it and not replied you now know they are not interested

Maybe I'm missing something here

Any thoughts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Someone gets say, 50 plus messages, reads them all and then decides to mark as unread the one or two they're interested in replying to at a later date and deletes all the others.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I use it on my couples profile, if I have read the message but hubby hasn't yet. It saves the sender from getting shirty if they see that the message has been read but we 'haven't bothered to reply' to the message for a few hours.

Some messages need to be read by both before we can give an honest reply.

By *ottscpl2014Couple
over a year ago

nottingham/derby

"I use it on my couples profile, if I have read the message but hubby hasn't yet. It saves the sender from getting shirty if they see that the message has been read but we 'haven't bothered to reply' to the message for a few hours.

Some messages need to be read by both before we can give an honest reply."

This

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"I use it on my couples profile, if I have read the message but hubby hasn't yet. It saves the sender from getting shirty if they see that the message has been read but we 'haven't bothered to reply' to the message for a few hours.

This "

Double this

over a year ago

"Someone gets say, 50 plus messages, reads them all and then decides to mark as unread the one or two they're interested in replying to at a later date and deletes all the others. "

I find it really useful!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok well that does make sense, I was just looking at it from a guys point of view

over a year ago

We use it on our couple profile. If one party open a message replying to a message the other has sent it can be reset to unread.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Some messages need to be read by both before we can give an honest reply."

This

By *rench KissesCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Just found this thread. None of this explains why people constantly leave messages 'unread' for days on end, during which time they log in 2 or 3 times a day. If they just delete fine, though slightly rude, but to leave 'unread' for days (our record was 3 weeks!) makes no sense at all.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Had a single lady read then unread my message.

Confused me. So I moved on!

over a year ago

There is a delete all read messages option.

Allows you to use this to clear inbox but not to delete those you mark as unread.

Simples!

over a year ago

"Just found this thread. None of this explains why people constantly leave messages 'unread' for days on end, during which time they log in 2 or 3 times a day. If they just delete fine, though slightly rude, but to leave 'unread' for days (our record was 3 weeks!) makes no sense at all."

I think you need to read the FAQ's. No reply means not interested and is not rude.

I often delete messages unread. Oneliners, cock pic avatars, those who haven't read my profile and by checking their profile before even looking at the message I can tell if someone doesn't meet my prefrrences. Makes total sense to me and I know many others who do this.

By *rench KissesCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I think you misunderstand. My main point is not about people not replying but about people who leave messages unread for days on end - in fact of course they have read it and then marked it as unread. What's the point in this? Why not just delete?

On not replying of course it does depend on your own point of view and values as to whether this is rude or not... unless it's something downright horrible, how long does it take to say 'non merci'?

over a year ago

"I think you misunderstand. My main point is not about people not replying but about people who leave messages unread for days on end - in fact of course they have read it and then marked it as unread. What's the point in this? Why not just delete?

On not replying of course it does depend on your own point of view and values as to whether this is rude or not... unless it's something downright horrible, how long does it take to say 'non merci'?"

Probably as long as 'your fucking ugly/well fuck off/hope u die' which have been the sort of reply I have received lately ehen ive said no thanks

Maybe people do it to avoid abuse. I dont know but for what ever reason they do.

No reply is not rude. Values don't come into it as that is implying those that reply are more 'polite' than those that ignore.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

This

Double this "

This

Post new Message to Thread