Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Worst Excuse

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whats the worst excuse you have had from someone for cancelling a meet? I recently had a meet arranged, text before I set off, everything was still ok, text when I arrived , still ok, then got a phone call saying that they had to cancel as the baby had been sick on him and he had to clean it up, which I thought was a bit of a weak excuse but fair enough. However, what did rile me slightly was the fact when I got home and went online they were still advertising for a meet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Is a crap excuse better than being stood up with no contact whatsoever?

Can a lie ever be the courteous option?

over a year ago

"Is a crap excuse better than being stood up with no contact whatsoever?

Can a lie ever be the courteous option?"

Maybe and to be fair they did have the courtesy to let me know,

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

i once arranged to meet a guy just for coffee one sat lunch time when i came online he'd left me an email which said he wouldnt be able to meet me cause his mates wanted him to got to the football instead well he certainly never got a 2nd chance lol

Also had one where he didnt acctualy cancel on my just didnt reply to my texs and email guess what? few days later he has a new verification on his profile of a meet same nite we were ment to be meeting

ahh well their loss still smiling

over a year ago

"i once arranged to meet a guy just for coffee one sat lunch time when i came online he'd left me an email which said he wouldnt be able to meet me cause his mates wanted him to got to the football instead well he certainly never got a 2nd chance lol

Also had one where he didnt acctualy cancel on my just didnt reply to my texs and email guess what? few days later he has a new verification on his profile of a meet same nite we were ment to be meeting

ahh well their loss still smiling "

All part of the ups and downs of life on here I guess

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

indeed but sadly some ppl have no consideration for others on here

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Reasonable excuses but strangely were the same evening, one couple ambulance driver - work call, other hospital call - daughter having a baby.

Left us wondering if there might have been a link there! lol Ended up with a five-some instead of a 9-some

over a year ago

How about "female is too tired but male can come round" (from a genuine couple not a single male pretending to be a couple)

By itself not the worst excuse and very plausible, if they hadn't already given another excuse to the couple that were already with us after having arranged a meet with them for the same evening and were at the same time attempting to arrange a meet with another couple who were also with us at the time. It must be great to be so popular and able to arrange so many meets in one weekend that you can pick and choose at the last minute.

over a year ago

One guy let me down no text, call, email or anything when he finally got round to texting me several days later he had been at the Devon County show, surfice to say he didn't get another chance, worse part was had met him several times before!!

Have also had the guy that said sorry have to work etc and a verification showed up on his profile next day from some he had obviously blown me off for, sent him a message telling him I wasn't an idiot and nobody's fool!!

xx

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"How about "female is too tired but male can come round" (from a genuine couple not a single male pretending to be a couple)

By itself not the worst excuse and very plausible, if they hadn't already given another excuse to the couple that were already with us after having arranged a meet with them for the same evening and were at the same time attempting to arrange a meet with another couple who were also with us at the time. It must be great to be so popular and able to arrange so many meets in one weekend that you can pick and choose at the last minute."

Let him turn up and face all the people he's been messaging at once with different stories.

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

We were dropped at short notice once with what sounded like a plausible excuse (sick child) then we saw a veri a few days later from another person who had seen them that night!!!!

(The replacements looked like right mingers too, so it cheered us up a bit that they'd missed the best catch! )

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I recently canceled for the very first time and I felt dreadful all day.

It was unavoidable and I gave her 3 hours notice but I felt like a time waster, she was fine with it and still wants to meet though.

My reason was I had a meeting at work. Sounds made-up doesn't it

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Yep!! lol

Im sure she was fine about it funky,sometimes things are unavoidable,we have had to rearrange things on occasion,there has'nt been a time when they have come back and said no feck off you timewasting barstewards!!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

LOL cheers honey!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"i once arranged to meet a guy just for coffee one sat lunch time when i came online he'd left me an email which said he wouldnt be able to meet me cause his mates wanted him to got to the football instead well he certainly never got a 2nd chance lol

ahh well their loss still smiling "

It's what happens when one woman offers coffee and another offers cock fun.

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I feel very guilty when I have planned a meet and little one has ended up ill and naturally have had to cancel. That has happened a few times and sure he checks my diary and decided when to throw up(joke as he is 4) but sods law.

Luckily the man has been very understanding and has waited to see me for over the summer hol and now just arranged a meet in a few weeks.

Think a number of people do get a better offer so choose that.

Takes me ages to arrange the free time so am gutted when its had to be cancelled but thats life and you have to be understanding. But a simple text or quick call or email at the worst is easy to do. if you have swapped mobile numbers a text takes seconds.

over a year ago

Cancellations are sometimes totally legit and unavoidable. I'm not counting time wasters, cheaters and people who never actually intended to meet.

I think swinging couples and singles view this slightly different. For couples it's a lifestyle.

For singles it's something that most people keep a kind of secret from vanilla life, sometimes you just have to cancel and can't get out of other things like the football earlier etc.

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

"Cancellations are sometimes totally legit and unavoidable. I'm not counting time wasters, cheaters and people who never actually intended to meet.

I think swinging couples and singles view this slightly different. For couples it's a lifestyle.

For singles it's something that most people keep a kind of secret from vanilla life, sometimes you just have to cancel and can't get out of other things like the football earlier etc."

I think I may be one of the differences to what your saying. For me swinging is my lifestyle.There are lots of people that know I swing in my vanilla life.

I hate having to cancel and only do if something has happened (ie ilness) that I have to deal with. Occasionally I have cancelled but that has been because something has told me not to meet the person as it just doesnt sit well with me once I have arranged it. Mind you saying that I cant remember the last time it has happened.

Past few times I had to cancel is due to kids being ill

over a year ago

I had a coffee meet one lunchtime and we were just chatting and I was thinking this is promising when the phone rings. My neice had gone into labour and as I was her birthing partner I had to go. Guy seemed ok about it and then said "Cant you just suck me off before you go so I didn't have a totally wasted journey" As I never guarantee play i reminded him of this.

But put me right off when he messaged me another time to reschedule I just said no thanks

I wouldn't have minded so much but he only had to travel about 5 mins from home. It was me who had furthest to go.

over a year ago

"Whats the worst excuse you have had from someone for cancelling a meet? I recently had a meet arranged, text before I set off, everything was still ok, text when I arrived , still ok, then got a phone call saying that they had to cancel as the baby had been sick on him and he had to clean it up, which I thought was a bit of a weak excuse but fair enough. However, what did rile me slightly was the fact when I got home and went online they were still advertising for a meet "

Why worry a no is a no. It may be real or it may not but its still not going to make the meet take place.

over a year ago

"Whats the worst excuse you have had from someone for cancelling a meet? I recently had a meet arranged, text before I set off, everything was still ok, text when I arrived , still ok, then got a phone call saying that they had to cancel as the baby had been sick on him and he had to clean it up, which I thought was a bit of a weak excuse but fair enough. However, what did rile me slightly was the fact when I got home and went online they were still advertising for a meet

Why worry a no is a no. It may be real or it may not but its still not going to make the meet take place. "

Thats true, the excuse wasnt realy the issued i suppose, just the timing, but hey you win some you lose some

over a year ago

I had a guy cancel on me because his mum had died

Never thought anything of it to be honest, didnt cross my mind someone would lie about something like that

We stayed in touch and a few months later he mailed me asking if i wanted to meet as he was in my area that weekend for his mothers 60th birthday party

over a year ago

"Whats the worst excuse you have had from someone for cancelling a meet? I recently had a meet arranged, text before I set off, everything was still ok, text when I arrived , still ok, then got a phone call saying that they had to cancel as the baby had been sick on him and he had to clean it up, which I thought was a bit of a weak excuse but fair enough. However, what did rile me slightly was the fact when I got home and went online they were still advertising for a meet

Why worry a no is a no. It may be real or it may not but its still not going to make the meet take place. "

in all fairness its not a case of worrying its that people cant be honest that fuck me off

I have no problem with people not wanting to meet me, i have no problem with people cancelling, its the lies, why cant people just be honest and say, look changed my mind now, i think it just makes you feel worthless when someone thinks so little of you they cant be honest, all because its a swingers site we should still respect each other as human beings

over a year ago

"I had a guy cancel on me because his mum had died

Never thought anything of it to be honest, didnt cross my mind someone would lie about something like that

We stayed in touch and a few months later he mailed me asking if i wanted to meet as he was in my area that weekend for his mothers 60th birthday party "

some people will always be deceitful if they can make gain from it. He would have evoked your sympathy initially and no doubt wrath when his deception came to light.

over a year ago

We stayed in touch and a few months later he mailed me asking if i wanted to meet as he was in my area that weekend for his mothers 60th birthday party

some people will always be deceitful if they can make gain from it. He would have evoked your sympathy initially and no doubt wrath when his deception came to light."

blimey im from dudley mate can you say that in a language i understand lmao

over a year ago

For anyone that had noticed me missing . ' I am back '

I m crap at excuses even worse at making them up , so I prefer to be honest .

over a year ago

some people will always be deceitful if they can make gain from it. He would have evoked your sympathy initially and no doubt wrath when his deception came to light.

blimey im from dudley mate can you say that in a language i understand lmao"

Im sez is mum wor Jed but she wor Jed n a bit later eee went to er buffday party or somat like that

over a year ago

Im sez is mum wor Jed but she wor Jed n a bit later eee went to er buffday party or somat like that"

i understood that....bed time me thinks

over a year ago

We went through a spate of last minute cancellations and "no shows", it was particularly annoying because when we do arrange a meet at ours we always lay on a buffet, extra drinks in, full english breakfast for the next morning etc. So each time it happens we end of with a mountain of food to throw away, partly my fault cos I do have a tendancy to go a little overboard on breakfasts and buffets

over a year ago

Im sez is mum wor Jed but she wor Jed n a bit later eee went to er buffday party or somat like that"

bullocks you lol

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

I'd prefer to know that someone either can't make the meet or has decided they don't want to meet after all.

Much better than just not turning up and not answering texts/emails.

Knocks your confidence back.

over a year ago

"I had a coffee meet one lunchtime and we were just chatting and I was thinking this is promising when the phone rings. My neice had gone into labour and as I was her birthing partner I had to go. Guy seemed ok about it and then said "Cant you just suck me off before you go so I didn't have a totally wasted journey" As I never guarantee play i reminded him of this.

But put me right off when he messaged me another time to reschedule I just said no thanks

I wouldn't have minded so much but he only had to travel about 5 mins from home. It was me who had furthest to go. "

those kinds of shellfish people really stink

over a year ago

The guy did not turn up to the hotel we booked, his phone turned off, no email, no messages. The following week we witheld our number and phoned him. He said on the evening of our meet he "had locked himself" in his fridge trying to get a item that had dropped to the back. He was in their all night and had to go to hospital for a check up the following morning, hence why he did not call.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"The guy did not turn up to the hotel we booked, his phone turned off, no email, no messages. The following week we witheld our number and phoned him. He said on the evening of our meet he "had locked himself" in his fridge trying to get a item that had dropped to the back. He was in their all night and had to go to hospital for a check up the following morning, hence why he did not call. "

Now that has got to be the funniest thing ive ever read.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"The guy did not turn up to the hotel we booked, his phone turned off, no email, no messages. The following week we witheld our number and phoned him. He said on the evening of our meet he "had locked himself" in his fridge trying to get a item that had dropped to the back. He was in their all night and had to go to hospital for a check up the following morning, hence why he did not call. "

you have gotta give that guy a special Fab medal

thats the best yet

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

I once had a guy who DID turn up, but I was obviously not what he had hoped...so he said that on his way to mine he got a call from his brother saying that he had been in a car accident and was in hospital so he had to go...but he had enough time for a quick fuck in my ass if I wanted...lol...I just laughed and said..no no...your brother needs you...lol and shut the door

over a year ago

"I once had a guy who DID turn up, but I was obviously not what he had hoped...so he said that on his way to mine he got a call from his brother saying that he had been in a car accident and was in hospital so he had to go...but he had enough time for a quick fuck in my ass if I wanted...lol...I just laughed and said..no no...your brother needs you...lol and shut the door"

my dear old nan used to always say a cock in the ass is worth two in the bush....or something along those lines...

over a year ago

"I once had a guy who DID turn up, but I was obviously not what he had hoped...so he said that on his way to mine he got a call from his brother saying that he had been in a car accident and was in hospital so he had to go...but he had enough time for a quick fuck in my ass if I wanted...lol...I just laughed and said..no no...your brother needs you...lol and shut the door"

What a charmer, that must have been a tempting offer

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"I once had a guy who DID turn up, but I was obviously not what he had hoped...so he said that on his way to mine he got a call from his brother saying that he had been in a car accident and was in hospital so he had to go...but he had enough time for a quick fuck in my ass if I wanted...lol...I just laughed and said..no no...your brother needs you...lol and shut the door

my dear old nan used to always say a cock in the ass is worth two in the bush....or something along those lines..."

hehehe

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"The guy did not turn up to the hotel we booked, his phone turned off, no email, no messages. The following week we witheld our number and phoned him. He said on the evening of our meet he "had locked himself" in his fridge trying to get a item that had dropped to the back. He was in their all night and had to go to hospital for a check up the following morning, hence why he did not call.

you have gotta give that guy a special Fab medal

thats the best yet"

Yea but what im dying to know now is, 1 how big was his flaming fridge and 2 how the hell did he eventually get out lmao

over a year ago

I havent been let down for a meet yet but we havent really had that many. If it happens it happens, i dont really care. Up to now we have arranged meets in a swinging club and if people didnt show then no big deal.

I wouldnt even think about going back to their profiles and checking on who they had been with though. Im really not that interested.

over a year ago

Must add though that if we were having a home meet it would be entirely different and if i had laid on food and wine etc and someone didnt show or made a silly excuse id be annoyed - thats really bad manners to do that

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"I once had a guy who DID turn up, but I was obviously not what he had hoped...so he said that on his way to mine he got a call from his brother saying that he had been in a car accident and was in hospital so he had to go...but he had enough time for a quick fuck in my ass if I wanted...lol...I just laughed and said..no no...your brother needs you...lol and shut the door

What a charmer, that must have been a tempting offer "

hmmm yeah I considered it for a nano second...lol..NOT

By *utumnWoman
over a year ago

leeds

I had one guy ring 10 mins before and say sorry he couldn't make it, his ex had just dropped off the washing and she wanted it done before she got back......

over a year ago

"I had one guy ring 10 mins before and say sorry he couldn't make it, his ex had just dropped off the washing and she wanted it done before she got back...... "

omg thats the worst ever lol, I cant believe he had the brass neck to phone you and say that

By *utumnWoman
over a year ago

leeds

I now drive round with my mucky washing in the car now in the hope it happens again....ok smiler do mine too!!!

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Here's one I got recently:

"You moved away from London so figured I'd be too far to travel to (Kent)"

My response: "Considering Birmingham, Leeds and Scotland are on my radar, I think I'll be the one to decide where I can and can't travel to - no? But thanks for letting me know."

over a year ago

As I was sitting with a coffee waiting- "sorry, am stuck in traffic" on the M8? at 5.30pm? And you didn't think of this before agreeing to meet? :o)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I feel so left out as noone has made an excuse to me but im sure my time will come

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I had one guy ring 10 mins before and say sorry he couldn't make it, his ex had just dropped off the washing and she wanted it done before she got back...... "

I want that man round here now so he can be my slave

over a year ago

"The guy did not turn up to the hotel we booked, his phone turned off, no email, no messages. The following week we witheld our number and phoned him. He said on the evening of our meet he "had locked himself" in his fridge trying to get a item that had dropped to the back. He was in their all night and had to go to hospital for a check up the following morning, hence why he did not call.

Now that has got to be the funniest thing ive ever read. "

It had me laughing out loud!

over a year ago

What a charmer"

Indeed!

over a year ago

no way!!!

if that really did happen you;d just lie and say your car broke wouldnt you? lmao

over a year ago

Slightly different one here as it was me cancelling lol

I had a meet with a guy one night and about half hour before i was due to leave my little girl fell of the trampoline and cut her shin quite badly

So i did as you do and called him explaining what had happened and that i was very sorry but would like to re book the meet if he wanted

Anyway he obviously didnt believe me, as noone ever does when you cancel a meet lol as he called me back 10 mins later asking me what hospital i was going to and he'd meet me there so i said no as i was talking my daughter and it wasnt appropriate for me to have him there, so he said go on just for a quick chat while shes being seen to, so i said, again, no as i would be in the room while she was being seem to and i have more to think about right now than him.....

thats when he got nasty he said he knew i was lieing, if i was telling the truth i would have no problem meeting him there, it was just one excuse after another with me!! call me a few choice names and hung up

over a year ago

"Slightly different one here as it was me cancelling lol

I had a meet with a guy one night and about half hour before i was due to leave my little girl fell of the trampoline and cut her shin quite badly

So i did as you do and called him explaining what had happened and that i was very sorry but would like to re book the meet if he wanted

Anyway he obviously didnt believe me, as noone ever does when you cancel a meet lol as he called me back 10 mins later asking me what hospital i was going to and he'd meet me there so i said no as i was talking my daughter and it wasnt appropriate for me to have him there, so he said go on just for a quick chat while shes being seen to, so i said, again, no as i would be in the room while she was being seem to and i have more to think about right now than him.....

thats when he got nasty he said he knew i was lieing, if i was telling the truth i would have no problem meeting him there, it was just one excuse after another with me!! call me a few choice names and hung up "

Huh?!! . Are you serious?!!

He didn't see you telling him (a stranger) where you were with your daughter would be a very BAD idea?!! What kind of freak would suggest a mother meet to talk about sex whilst her child is afraid an in pain in hospital?!!

Lucky escape!

over a year ago

i think some forget you have a life outside swinging and things happen that cant be avoided.

over a year ago

True, the problem is because there are so many time watsers on here, so many people who never intend to meet up, so many that call with daft excuses (like the fridge lmao) to get out a meet, when something genuine does happen that means you cant meet, people just put you down as one of the time wasters

And onto the next one lol

By *ardybumsCouple
over a year ago

peekin under duvet is it safe?

"We went through a spate of last minute cancellations and "no shows", it was particularly annoying because when we do arrange a meet at ours we always lay on a buffet, extra drinks in, full english breakfast for the next morning etc. So each time it happens we end of with a mountain of food to throw away, partly my fault cos I do have a tendancy to go a little overboard on breakfasts and buffets"

full english eh ? with black pudding too ?

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

"We went through a spate of last minute cancellations and "no shows", it was particularly annoying because when we do arrange a meet at ours we always lay on a buffet, extra drinks in, full english breakfast for the next morning etc. So each time it happens we end of with a mountain of food to throw away, partly my fault cos I do have a tendancy to go a little overboard on breakfasts and buffets"

but your breakfasts are soooo yummy

Post new Message to Thread