Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Self Esteem

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Question mainly for ladies but guess it can go for men too.

Do people get a boost to their self esteem from the attention they get from others on fab? If so, is that part of the reason for being involved in swinging and on fab? Matt

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't get a boost to my self esteem from the attention we receive. It has made me realise though that being older doesn't mean that you are no longer attractive to men

Mrs N

By *rc83Man
over a year ago

warrington

Me personally I'd get a boost in self esteem and in confidence aswell.

I think it all boils down to the person really.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The guy has to be very charming to boost it but mostly no I have high self esteem anyway. Yes I am guilty of being arrogant but it's mostly when I'm Dom which is allowed. Normally I know I'm not perfect.

over a year ago

the girls F`in love it. they have never seen attention like it in alot of cases

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"the girls F`in love it. they have never seen attention like it in alot of cases"

lol, you reckon!

I'd love for a man to live a woman's life for a week

over a year ago

So many compliments are little ego boosts and can be very lovely,there is a danger if you let it go to your head and become a diva with delusions of granduer

It has nothing to with why we're on here though,we didn't realise it would be like this before we joined

By *horshiperMan
over a year ago

London

Not scared to admit i do like the attention but i do like to give attention as well.

It is always good to make people smile

over a year ago

"the girls F`in love it. they have never seen attention like it in alot of cases"

Cheeky sod

By *himaeraWoman
over a year ago

near derby.

I don't think that's true. Single females may get lots of messages, but 90% are the usual - don't fit what I'm looking for, haven't read my profile, don't have any pics, are married, blah blah so get a polite "no thanks". I don't think it counts as "attention" if it's random blokes looking for a shag, with no concern as to whether they actually fancy someone or not!

over a year ago

"the girls F`in love it. they have never seen attention like it in alot of cases

lol, you reckon!

I'd love for a man to live a woman's life for a week "

there are quite a few blokes onhere who do that

over a year ago

No... I know mostly it's false attention and if anything find if I'm not feeling my best in other areas of my life, this place can totally knock me.

Cali x

over a year ago

I think a lot of women who come here (not all) are lacking the attention they require and should be getting from their partners so the attention they receive in large doses from the guys in here does unfortunately over inflate some of their egos

over a year ago

Yes its nice when they say how nice my 6pack is and as well when they fab it, it boosts my self esteem

over a year ago

"the girls F`in love it. they have never seen attention like it in alot of cases

Cheeky sod "

not you am sure you`re hounded constantly with that ass

over a year ago

"I think a lot of women who come here (not all) are lacking the attention they require and should be getting from their partners so the attention they receive in large doses from the guys in here does unfortunately over inflate some of their egos "

So they make their partners create a couples account with them on a swinging site because they crave attention from them?

I can see men all over the country falling for that

over a year ago

I'm here for sex not an ego boost. I prefer it when men don't talk

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a little, tiny friend who I'm going to get to join so that it boosts her elf esteem

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Question mainly for ladies but guess it can go for men too.

Do people get a boost to their self esteem from the attention they get from others on fab? If so, is that part of the reason for being involved in swinging and on fab? Matt"

sex boosts your feeling of well being, so if you are doing it well enough, your esteem is probably massaged a little.

over a year ago

"I think a lot of women who come here (not all) are lacking the attention they require and should be getting from their partners so the attention they receive in large doses from the guys in here does unfortunately over inflate some of their egos "

I came here for the sex I didn't get when I was married

over a year ago

I guess if I was a lady and I had my inbox full every day of people telling me how hot I was, having all my pics Fabbed hundreds of times and loads of people desperate to shag me, yeah it must make your esteem (or ego? or perhaps both) increase.

I guess it depends how realistic you are in terms of what all the attention on here means. If you're _iewed just as an object who will fuck and suck then possibly it could have the opposite effect - i.e. if you're just seen as a means for sex rather than a 'real' person in some people's eyes.

But I would hope most men would be looking at the whole package in a lady not just _iew her a potential shag, so in that respect it must be positive for most

over a year ago

I have no delusions but I do like the attention and yes that can give a little boost, but I don't take what strangers say seriously. When my friends on here compliment me, I know they mean it and that is a nice feeling. Equally I tend not to take to heart anything negative that anyone says.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

lol, you reckon!

there are quite a few blokes onhere who do that "

True!

What I meant was that most women are paid a lot of attention by the opposite sex, men look when you walk past them, they appraise you in shops, look you up and down in cafes, look at you as they drive past etc. It's pretty obvious that we're attractive to them

By *himaeraWoman
over a year ago

near derby.

"I'm here for sex not an ego boost. I prefer it when men don't talk "

That's brilliant! How do you stop them talking? I need whatever that is...

By *himaeraWoman
over a year ago

near derby.

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 17:26:47]

over a year ago

lol, you reckon!

True!

What I meant was that most women are paid a lot of attention by the opposite sex, men look when you walk past them, they appraise you in shops, look you up and down in cafes, look at you as they drive past etc. It's pretty obvious that we're attractive to them "

Either I'm unobservant or unattractive as I've never noticed this!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

lol, you reckon!

True!

What I meant was that most women are paid a lot of attention by the opposite sex, men look when you walk past them, they appraise you in shops, look you up and down in cafes, look at you as they drive past etc. It's pretty obvious that we're attractive to them

Either I'm unobservant or unattractive as I've never noticed this!"

Unobservant I'd say

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm here for sex not an ego boost. I prefer it when men don't talk

That's brilliant! How do you stop them talking? I need whatever that is... "

put something in their mouth

over a year ago

A ball gag? The men think they're getting a kinky bondage session, and the ladies get peace and quiet. Everyone's a winner!

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I'm not dumb enough to think that all the compliments on here are genuine...

There are a few people I trust and believe they are... but the majority guys tell me I am stunning before they even see my face which to me = false and trying to flatter their way into my knickers, which will never work.

I'm not on here for an ego boost, and neither am i some delicate little flower who needs pandered to

over a year ago

I had no idea what to expect when I joined so that's definitely not the reason why I'm here. An inbox full of 'you're hot/gorgeous/ sexy or Nice Legs from strangers trying to get into y knickers means nothing.

It's a nice compliment when my pictures are Fab'd but the only time I get a boost is if I get complimented from people I've met, especially if they want to meet again.

over a year ago

Suck their cock

over a year ago

"I had no idea what to expect when I joined so that's definitely not the reason why I'm here. An inbox full of 'you're hot/gorgeous/ sexy or Nice Legs from strangers trying to get into y knickers means nothing.

It's a nice compliment when my pictures are Fab'd but the only time I get a boost is if I get complimented from people I've met, especially if they want to meet again."

same

By *tripper9Man
over a year ago

Blackburn

Shuts me up!

_tripper9

By *erotic_adventureMan
over a year ago

Scotland & London

To answer the question it's subjective but to put a form of measure to such you could relate the attention to your life outside fabs. For some (see other threads) the attention is overwhelming and clearly a boost to ones ego yet in a normal pub or club they find this is potentially the opposite.

over a year ago

Heck no. One of the reasons I don't have pics. People talk absolute bollocks and I can't be arsed with that. I can tell if they are sincere or not when I do send a pic, and then I decide to meet. Or not.

By *erotic_adventureMan
over a year ago

Scotland & London

"Heck no. One of the reasons I don't have pics. People talk absolute bollocks and I can't be arsed with that. I can tell if they are sincere or not when I do send a pic, and then I decide to meet. Or not. "

Your profile provides very little for those who may be interested to be honest about!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No, I stay away from all that

over a year ago

Do people get a boost to their self esteem from the attention they get from others on fab? If so, is that part of the reason for being involved in swinging and on fab? Matt"

As a man it can go either way tbh, rejection always knocks my confidence but when Im wanted, I'm chipper

By *eedelightsWoman
over a year ago

London

Do people get a boost to their self esteem from the attention they get from others on fab? If so, is that part of the reason for being involved in swinging and on fab? Matt

As a man it can go either way tbh, rejection always knocks my confidence but when Im wanted, I'm chipper "

As the above but as a woman

over a year ago

I think it would be fair to say I've had my own self esteem raised since my time here. We women are so hard on ourselves, but I think men see sexiness differently to my previous perception. I like it very much.

over a year ago

As a man it can go either way tbh, rejection always knocks my confidence but when Im wanted, I'm chipper

As the above but as a woman "

We need each other....Honestly

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I feel self-esteem and ego are two separate things. Self-esteem is innate and more to do with knowing your own value. That should not be altered by coming here IMO.

Ego on the other had is more akin to pride and feeds on attention and comparison and that could become inflated I guess.

I think people with low self-esteem can sometimes seek ego-boosting to try to compensate.

over a year ago

('m not dumb enough to think that all the compliments on here are genuine...

There are a few people I trust and believe they are... but the majority guys tell me I am stunning before they even see my face which to me = false and trying to flatter their way into my knickers, which will never work.

I'm not on here for an ego boost, and neither am i some delicate little flower who needs pandered to)

You don't actually have to look pretty to be referred to as stunning. They might find certain area's of your body particularly attractive, to warrant such a comment.

I myself would drool over what I would deem to be a nice ass.

There are plenty of women who are facially attractive, who don't really do it for me.

But lets face it, on the whole, men do flatter in order to get into your knickers. It's what we do.

over a year ago

The Power of Social Media isn't it?

Just one of those things

I suppose it's nice to get Friendly attention but You can get too much of a good thing

Then Some of The Comments on Forums

Comeon Read some of them You can see some People are trying to show off, admit it trying to be Clever ****ers

I think Your right Matt

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I just cut through half the bull shit that is thrown our way, pick out the people that I like and stick web those and if they say I am nice then that's good enough for me

over a year ago

No not really

over a year ago

Hell no.

I take it all with a massive pinch of salt.

Like that turtle in Life Story...

I am on it!

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I don't think that's true. Single females may get lots of messages, but 90% are the usual - don't fit what I'm looking for, haven't read my profile, don't have any pics, are married, blah blah so get a polite "no thanks". I don't think it counts as "attention" if it's random blokes looking for a shag, with no concern as to whether they actually fancy someone or not!"

A polite "no thanks" is a rare thing; well done you

over a year ago

"I'm here for sex not an ego boost. I prefer it when men don't talk "

...but i like to talk. Usually a lot.

over a year ago

Nope...All that shit just makes me laugh...

over a year ago

Personally it is a bit of a boost to the old self esteem and has helped me rebuild confidence about myself....but equally I'm under no illusion that most of it is complete bull with one aim on mind! It's not the reason I'm here though.....

over a year ago

Of course it's a boost to be told your sexy/attractive etc but yes most of it is bullshit! As long as you know that and take it with a pinch of salt! The nicest boost is when you meet someone you really click with and there is serious chemistry and great sex or you chat to someone and genuinely enjoy messaging each other

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

"Of course it's a boost to be told your sexy/attractive etc but yes most of it is bullshit! As long as you know that and take it with a pinch of salt! The nicest boost is when you meet someone you really click with and there is serious chemistry and great sex or you chat to someone and genuinely enjoy messaging each other :-

D"

I totally agree. Many men profess to want to meet me when they have no idea what i look like and havent seen my profile!connection is everything

over a year ago

"Heck no. One of the reasons I don't have pics. People talk absolute bollocks and I can't be arsed with that. I can tell if they are sincere or not when I do send a pic, and then I decide to meet. Or not.

Your profile provides very little for those who may be interested to be honest about! "

I know.

over a year ago

I think many ordinary women's self esteem is boosted a lot by the attention that is thrust upon them yes ,beautiful women and guys will always get attention by virtue of their looks

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman
over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"An inbox full of 'you're hot/gorgeous/ sexy or Nice Legs from strangers trying to get into y knickers means nothing. ."

This... Would be nice to think that all the people who message me think I'm as amazingly amazing as they tell me I am, but I realise that actually, they mostly just want a shag!! And from observations I've made over the years, it seems to me that most men will shag anything, if it means they get a shag. So....No- it's not ego boosting that I'm on here for!!! Im sure I have cherry picked the most lovely ones who have messaged me, who are genuinely interested in me as a human being, mind, body and soul, of course!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I can't say fabs has done much for my self esteem .. But I am delighted with all the lovely people I've met and chatted with

By *couser83Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

Am quite a shy person so it's nice to get a message saying hi,

over a year ago

Its smashed my self esteem but boosted Emilys so good for her I say

over a year ago

No not at all I am a realist I laugh my ass off at some of the comments..x

By *overs14Couple
over a year ago

norwich

I like getting told I'm attractive and getting complimentary messages. After having children I don't feel the way about myself that I used to.

over a year ago

It gives us a boost, the thrill, the butterflies, the attention, the danger. It does however also stir emotions which aren't always positive. This is why i think the relationship has to be solid with lots of communication x

By *couser83Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I like getting told I'm attractive and getting complimentary messages. After having children I don't feel the way about myself that I used to. "

You do look amazing

over a year ago

I think the opposite is true. You need to have high self esteem to be on here because it will take some knocks for sure.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I get more attention and offers in the real world than I do on fab, but I think that is down to my profile being off putting.

over a year ago

"No... I know mostly it's false attention and if anything find if I'm not feeling my best in other areas of my life, this place can totally knock me.

Cali x"

This is me I'm afraid

over a year ago

I got a rather nice compliment in real life last night. Worth much more than words on a screen.

over a year ago

...but i like to talk. Usually a lot.

"

Chatting about Ikea meatballs isn't ego boosting,not during sex anyway

over a year ago

"I got a rather nice compliment in real life last night. Worth much more than words on a screen. "

over a year ago

It maybe possible to get one's ego stroked on here but self esteem comes from within and is built on self acceptance. In moments of self doubt positive attention maybe helpful or negative attention may reinforce the self doubt. Either way it is a short term effect.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman
over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"I think the opposite is true. You need to have high self esteem to be on here because it will take some knocks for sure. "

I agree with this 100%- I think you need a pretty thick skin, and the right mentality, to be able to absorb yourself into this lifestyle.. It's not for the faint hearted or shy! Xx

By *nigmatic1Woman
over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

"I have a little, tiny friend who I'm going to get to join so that it boosts her elf esteem "

Burst out laughing then!

over a year ago

"No... I know mostly it's false attention and if anything find if I'm not feeling my best in other areas of my life, this place can totally knock me.

Cali x"

I think this is very true. We have met a lot of very genuine & lovely people via fab.

But the down side is if your not feeling your best in general Fab can definitely knock you self esteem. Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Dx

over a year ago

I have zero self esteem and nothing that has happened here has changed that. . .

G

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/11/14 23:43:58]

over a year ago

Random messages, no they tend to get ignored... Both the positive and the negative. However the friends I've made can and have impacted on my self esteem a little as they have made me see things about myself I wouldn't have seen otherwise, and do give me a bit of a feel good 'buzz' that I can't quite explain

over a year ago

when i first came here as a single i was in bits and was just something i had to do - for many reasons which i now know were mostly self destructive - but now no as i am more in control - and do things because i want to and the people we meet mutually respect each other - i cringe at some of my past and go through guilt phases (less often now)

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Yes its nice when they say how nice my 6pack is and as well when they fab it, it boosts my self esteem "

When I go in supermarkets beer always seems to be sold in 4 cans, 8 cans, 12 or 16?

over a year ago

Most of the people on here like me coz I fit into one of their fetishes, which doesn't really improve my self esteem but it wasn't low to start off with anyway.

I'm here coz I'm addicted to sex and this place is the best place I've found to get what I want with who I want.

over a year ago

"Most of the people on here like me coz I fit into one of their fetishes, which doesn't really improve my self esteem but it wasn't low to start off with anyway.

I'm here coz I'm addicted to sex and this place is the best place I've found to get what I want with who I want."

I like you for your sense of humour, Irenic

over a year ago

Yes my egos gone through the roof ,ouch

over a year ago

"Most of the people on here like me coz I fit into one of their fetishes, which doesn't really improve my self esteem but it wasn't low to start off with anyway.

I'm here coz I'm addicted to sex and this place is the best place I've found to get what I want with who I want.

I like you for your sense of humour, Irenic "

Impossible, coz I don't have one.

over a year ago

"

Bobby Ewing, Consuela and I all know different!

over a year ago

Bobby Ewing, Consuela and I all know different! "

Haha, aw Consuela though... whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

over a year ago

It doesn't give me a boost of self esteem on here but the whole reason I didn't like the idea of swinging was because I was very self conscious of myself before we started doing this

Mr asked me to try swinging along time before we actually did (he'd done it before we met, which I knew he had)

I didn't want to do it because of being self conscious but then decided I would try it because I liked the thought of it

We decided to go to chams to see how I felt about it all and from then to now I have never felt better about myself, its really made me see that people in this lifestyle don't judge each other like in 'normal' life and for that reason I would say, yes personally it have given me a self esteem boost since being in the swinging lifestyle and we love it

over a year ago

Not really as its all taken with a pinch of salt. If you believe all you are told you must have some serious self confidence issues.

Post new Message to Thread