Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Tips - How to get a meet or two

Jump to newest

By *ana Stephanie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

Tips - How to get a meet or two

It's totally my personal biased opinion Objection, suggestion or modification all welcome

[Attraction]

Face and body pics - show who you really are with confidence. Smile and full physique are always good to see. Aware that your avatar, username also are your “face“ at Fab.

[Effort]

Indicate your interest by reading profile before message and you need to have something for them to read. It's not enough just say “I've read your profile“ but mentioning something from the profile is good enough.

[Intelligence, Attention to the Details]

Well composed and carefully chosen words message is not only easy to read but also showing your engaging ability, caring nature and fun to be around.

[Humour, Personality]

Wit is something well worth having. Subject line is that's for. Avoid offensive language in any case. Sarcasm or skeptical are rarely match to taste.

[Manner]

If the person wasn't your type by the sound or appearance after initial contact, tell gently as soon as possible to avoid misunderstanding and disappointment. No point hiding and carry on. Honesty is the key.

[Communication]

Sincere and meaningful message is looking forward to read. Let it flow naturally. Tell them about you, make the person want to tell you about themselves. Be honest, it's no point hiding anything. If you “want“, you might “give“ first. Building trust is main focus. Trust can't be build on false and lies.

[Sexy]

The balance between general “getting-know-each-other“ and sexy talk is difficult to measure but discuss about both likes and dislikes in bed also knowing each other's sexual tendency are very important for compatibility. It's as well as good foreplay. Enjoy flirting message exchange. Making agreed scenario is fun to discuss, also fun to execute.

[Respect]

It's all about respect others boundary, limits, situation, likes and dislikes etc.

[Push]

Sometimes a little push is enough to make thing happening. But it's all about timing. Read the situation. Know the person. Not too be pushy.

[Meet up arrangement]

Then arrange first social meet (if it is with me ! )

Maybe more...but that's all for now

Good luck everyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Too much like Hard work, I'm going for a wank

over a year ago

Manchester

"Too much like Hard work, I'm going for a wank"

I totally agree

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Do not start a normal conversation/chat and turn it as sexual as possible in as short a time possible!

over a year ago

A good read. I enjoyed it and would recommend as a user guide for new users when they join up. They should have a tick box to say it's been read Hopefully people will actually take it on board too

over a year ago

It's long but it's a well thought out and well constructed post and I think it's entirely sensible and pretty much spot on.

Where I naturally struggle is with the subtle flirting etc, some people are naturals at it whereas for me it's always more of a struggle!

When I'm engaged in my limited number of PMs I always find it easier to talk like I would over a social coffee with a mate, as a result I tend to waffle on about everyday things but I guess on this site it's really more about sexy flirts and the like!

I get the impression that everyone else is enjoying naughty dirty flirtatious convos and that's a skill I need to master.

Any tips anyone? It always feels a little forced to me ..

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Do not start a normal conversation/chat and turn it as sexual as possible in as short a time possible! "

I've made the mistake several times of wanting to say 'good morning?' but it's come out as 'good masturbate?' by accident.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you are kinda preaching to those guys who are successful..... they are not the ones who are starting the "oh woe is me, i am not getting anywhere posts...."

and actually in a unwitting ways.... you are doing two negative things....

1) you are making it harder for those people who do understand and "get it" so to speak to make them stand out.....

2) you are making it harder for those who are trying to do the picking then trying to differentiate who is genuine and being honest... and those who are saying what you actually just want to hear......

in effect... you just gave someone a tablet and a blow by blow idea of how to fool people........

see....i kinda like the way it is now, because at least this way there are tell tells, and red flags, and ways you can go about picking the people who are suitable for you......

everyone uses that.... what next?

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I agree with what you've posted op, I'd hope people did this anyway. my only reservation in giving it my 's up..... if they follow these tips it's just going to be harder to spot the good from the bad.

over a year ago

"you are kinda preaching to those guys who are successful..... they are not the ones who are starting the "oh woe is me, i am not getting anywhere posts...."

1) you are making it harder for those people who do understand and "get it" so to speak to make them stand out.....

2) you are making it harder for those who are trying to do the picking then trying to differentiate who is genuine and being honest... and those who are saying what you actually just want to hear......

in effect... you just gave someone a tablet and a blow by blow idea of how to fool people........

see....i kinda like the way it is now, because at least this way there are tell tells, and red flags, and ways you can go about picking the people who are suitable for you......

everyone uses that.... what next?"

You could use the same argument with any form of education, right?

I mean why train new doctors and nurses, that just makes it harder for those already qualified to find jobs doesn't it?

Is educating people really giving them the tools to fool people. Or is it, er, educating them on how to conduct themselves so they become better people?

Truth is probably somewhere in between ...

over a year ago

I think for new people joining it's a good heads up for them.

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

"Do not start a normal conversation/chat and turn it as sexual as possible in as short a time possible! "

I would have agreed with you totally a few months ago. Funny thing is, I've found that increasingly a "normal conversation" gets totally ignored - even when it demonstrates that the profile has been read and that you are making an effort to find out more about the other person. Which begs the question, what the heck do people want, lol

over a year ago

Manchester

Some are very good at to take it to sexual chat quickly. Very impressive. I should introduce him and ask for tips

over a year ago

Manchester

"A good read. I enjoyed it and would recommend as a user guide for new users when they join up. They should have a tick box to say it's been read Hopefully people will actually take it on board too "

Thank you Yes, Fab User's guide was in my mind

And I KNOW many won't bother to read...same as profile, haha.

over a year ago

Manchester

"It's long but it's a well thought out and well constructed post and I think it's entirely sensible and pretty much spot on.

Where I naturally struggle is with the subtle flirting etc, some people are naturals at it whereas for me it's always more of a struggle!

When I'm engaged in my limited number of PMs I always find it easier to talk like I would over a social coffee with a mate, as a result I tend to waffle on about everyday things but I guess on this site it's really more about sexy flirts and the like!

I get the impression that everyone else is enjoying naughty dirty flirtatious convos and that's a skill I need to master.

Any tips anyone? It always feels a little forced to me .. "

I understand your frustration... I know few men have similar to you. Probably you need someone can lead you a bit, maybe? Or...di you want to practice with me?

over a year ago

Nice thread OP, I am not in a hurry for a meet but a good read. its just to much effort. I am happy to just use the forum and chat room

over a year ago

Manchester

"Do not start a normal conversation/chat and turn it as sexual as possible in as short a time possible!

I've made the mistake several times of wanting to say 'good morning?' but it's come out as 'good masturbate?' by accident. "

Was it really “accident“...? I doubt it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/11/14 22:17:53]

over a year ago

Manchester

"you are kinda preaching to those guys who are successful..... they are not the ones who are starting the "oh woe is me, i am not getting anywhere posts...."

Thanks for your consideration. I've read many posts about “not getting meet“ and its comments. Then thought about create Manual would be fun.

In my very personal opinion, non successor never read profile. So, same to Manual. So this post shouldn't be read by them...

Am I mean?

over a year ago

Manchester

"I agree with what you've posted op, I'd hope people did this anyway. my only reservation in giving it my 's up..... if they follow these tips it's just going to be harder to spot the good from the bad. "

Thank you

I'll post Tip for “perfect first message“ next then

over a year ago

Manchester

I mean why train new doctors and nurses, that just makes it harder for those already qualified to find jobs doesn't it?

Is educating people really giving them the tools to fool people. Or is it, er, educating them on how to conduct themselves so they become better people?

"

over a year ago

"Do not start a normal conversation/chat and turn it as sexual as possible in as short a time possible!

I would have agreed with you totally a few months ago. Funny thing is, I've found that increasingly a "normal conversation" gets totally ignored - even when it demonstrates that the profile has been read and that you are making an effort to find out more about the other person. Which begs the question, what the heck do people want, lol"

I suppose it all depends who you send messages too, Am not very good at getting my point across on here or in private messages, Thank good some people can see past that and take the time to get to know me personally

over a year ago

Manchester

"I think for new people joining it's a good heads up for them."

Only if they read...it's same as profile, never be read, haha.

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

"It's long but it's a well thought out and well constructed post and I think it's entirely sensible and pretty much spot on.

I understand your frustration... I know few men have similar to you. Probably you need someone can lead you a bit, maybe? Or...di you want to practice with me?

"

Darn, I was going to ask if he wanted to practice on me

over a year ago

Manchester

"Nice thread OP, I am not in a hurry for a meet but a good read. its just to much effort. I am happy to just use the forum and chat room "

Thanks

We all have our own hands and fingers anyway. Quick solution. I do use them

over a year ago

Darn, I was going to ask if he wanted to practice on me "

Ha well I'm very happy to practice with either of you. However I'm you'll soon tire of talking about your favourite chocolate or pets or whatever

over a year ago

Manchester

I would have agreed with you totally a few months ago. Funny thing is, I've found that increasingly a "normal conversation" gets totally ignored - even when it demonstrates that the profile has been read and that you are making an effort to find out more about the other person. Which begs the question, what the heck do people want, lol

I suppose it all depends who you send messages too, Am not very good at getting my point across on here or in private messages, Thank good some people can see past that and take the time to get to know me personally "

Yes, some need time some don't or won't.

Finding right audience is the hardest part, how beautifully composed message never work to wrong target...

over a year ago

Manchester

"

Darn, I was going to ask if he wanted to practice on me "

Aww, sorry I might step over the line... Please you two practice until pro level...so I can take over...

over a year ago

Manchester

"

Ha well I'm very happy to practice with either of you. However I'm you'll soon tire of talking about your favourite chocolate or pets or whatever "

Lindor.

Cat.

Bourbon.

pizza.

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

"

Ha well I'm very happy to practice with either of you. However I'm you'll soon tire of talking about your favourite chocolate or pets or whatever "

I can talk cars, planes, trains, buildings, travel, my pets, my job can be pretty amusing too

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

"

Ha well I'm very happy to practice with either of you. However I'm you'll soon tire of talking about your favourite chocolate or pets or whatever

Lindor.

Cat.

Bourbon.

pizza.

"

Lindor.

Cat.

Bourbon.

Curry.

Have you tried Elijah Craig bourbon from Heaven Hills distillery? lovely

By *eet_the_spartanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

That's a pretty good point!

over a year ago

Manchester

"

Lindor.

Cat.

Bourbon.

pizza.

Lindor.

Cat.

Bourbon.

Curry.

Have you tried Elijah Craig bourbon from Heaven Hills distillery? lovely"

Oh my favorite is Maker's Mark. It sealed with red wax and taste sooooooo good

But I must try your recommendation! Thank you

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

A well thought out post with some very good points which will help most of the new guys here if the truly want to improve and not just pop up posts about not getting a meet with a week of being here.

Will have to order in some Makers Mark now is that has the desired effect x

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Aintree

Bugger! As if I didn't have enough competition in here already!

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

"

Oh my favorite is Maker's Mark. It sealed with red wax and taste sooooooo good

But I must try your recommendation! Thank you

"

I have been to the Makers Mark distillery, and seen the bottling and wax dipping. They start the fermentation in 100 year old wooden vats and use a lot of charring on the barrel, their used barrels are sent to Laphroaig for their whisky.

Elijah Craig and Evan Williams are much lighter and almost vanilla tones, Heaven Hills are my favourite distillery.

Im not an expert but we toured the Bourbon distilleries of Kentucky a few years ago and tasted them all, fabulous

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Generally great advice. To those naysayers, a wolf in sheep's clothing is still clearly a wolf. If they take on board the advice to be honest then they Will also open themselves up to make it abundantly clear just how they are.

Whilst we're busy, most of us will really take the time to establish our greater certainty that others fit the bill.

I like to be clear about what I need and where all of us have insufficient compromise then it's clear that it would be a fairly poor match. It can sometimes take a while and potentially on some occasions we need different things, but better to discover this on the days when you're poorly matched than when all sides are too optimistic or misjudge themselves or others' potential.

over a year ago

Manchester

"A well thought out post with some very good points which will help most of the new guys here if the truly want to improve and not just pop up posts about not getting a meet with a week of being here.

Will have to order in some Makers Mark now is that has the desired effect x"

You seem to know EXACTLY how to get me interested

Mmm, I should put [Reading between the line and beyond] in next manual

over a year ago

Manchester

"Bugger! As if I didn't have enough competition in here already! "

over a year ago

"Tips - How to get a meet or two

It's totally my personal biased opinion Objection, suggestion or modification all welcome

[Attraction]

Face and body pics - show who you really are with confidence. Smile and full physique are always good to see. Aware that your avatar, username also are your “face“ at Fab.

[Effort]

Indicate your interest by reading profile before message and you need to have something for them to read. It's not enough just say “I've read your profile“ but mentioning something from the profile is good enough.

Well composed and carefully chosen words message is not only easy to read but also showing your engaging ability, caring nature and fun to be around.

[Humour, Personality]

Wit is something well worth having. Subject line is that's for. Avoid offensive language in any case. Sarcasm or skeptical are rarely match to taste.

[Manner]

If the person wasn't your type by the sound or appearance after initial contact, tell gently as soon as possible to avoid misunderstanding and disappointment. No point hiding and carry on. Honesty is the key.

[Communication]

Sincere and meaningful message is looking forward to read. Let it flow naturally. Tell them about you, make the person want to tell you about themselves. Be honest, it's no point hiding anything. If you “want“, you might “give“ first. Building trust is main focus. Trust can't be build on false and lies.

[Sexy]

The balance between general “getting-know-each-other“ and sexy talk is difficult to measure but discuss about both likes and dislikes in bed also knowing each other's sexual tendency are very important for compatibility. It's as well as good foreplay. Enjoy flirting message exchange. Making agreed scenario is fun to discuss, also fun to execute.

[Respect]

It's all about respect others boundary, limits, situation, likes and dislikes etc.

[Push]

Sometimes a little push is enough to make thing happening. But it's all about timing. Read the situation. Know the person. Not too be pushy.

[Meet up arrangement]

Good luck everyone

"

fucking hell its meant to be fun and not a clinical procedure

over a year ago

"Tips - How to get a meet or two

[Attraction]

[Effort]

[Humour, Personality]

[Manner]

[Communication]

[Sexy]

[Respect]

[Push]

[Meet up arrangement]

Good luck everyone

"

I hereby promise to follow all your advice, so will you meet me now then

By *ilkchocolate87Man
over a year ago

sw london

I've followed this approach and failed many times

over a year ago

Manchester

"

I have been to the Makers Mark distillery, and seen the bottling and wax dipping. They start the fermentation in 100 year old wooden vats and use a lot of charring on the barrel, their used barrels are sent to Laphroaig for their whisky.

Elijah Craig and Evan Williams are much lighter and almost vanilla tones, Heaven Hills are my favourite distillery.

Im not an expert but we toured the Bourbon distilleries of Kentucky a few years ago and tasted them all, fabulous "

Oh my...sounds marvelous...the thought itself makes me hot in sweet anticipation...the beautiful and excitement view of hot red wax dripping down on the thick bottle neck...oh...makes my mouth watering...I've never tasted that kind of vanilla before...I want to taste them all...onto my tongue till non droplet left...aahh...

Dear Pinkcat, thanks very much! I'm really wanting to go to Kentucky now. And I must try your recommendation. I'm not a regular nor heavy drinker but my occasional Bourbon time is something very special xxx My Christmas present sorted xxx

over a year ago

Manchester

"Generally great advice. To those naysayers, a wolf in sheep's clothing is still clearly a wolf. If they take on board the advice to be honest then they Will also open themselves up to make it abundantly clear just how they are.

Whilst we're busy, most of us will really take the time to establish our greater certainty that others fit the bill.

I like to be clear about what I need and where all of us have insufficient compromise then it's clear that it would be a fairly poor match. It can sometimes take a while and potentially on some occasions we need different things, but better to discover this on the days when you're poorly matched than when all sides are too optimistic or misjudge themselves or others' potential.

"

Thank you

I like your expression of “wolf in sheep's clothing“ very much. If they honestly say they are wolf from the beginning, someone like wolf surely happy to take them, that the best mach.

Compatibility is the key, isn't it

over a year ago

Manchester

"

fucking hell its meant to be fun and not a clinical procedure "

I know... I really had fun writing this...a bit of overexcitement I must admit

over a year ago

Manchester

"

I hereby promise to follow all your advice, so will you meet me now then "

You seem read this post correctly

At least it works for me

Alas, you are tad far from me

over a year ago

Go to a club....

over a year ago

Manchester

"I've followed this approach and failed many times "

Whhhhyy, you look super cute, girls must need queue up to meet you!

Please add me on your queue

over a year ago

"

I hereby promise to follow all your advice, so will you meet me now then

You seem read this post correctly

At least it works for me

Alas, you are tad far from me "

I'm not as far as hull, how's about I come to you then

By *aime DowneMan
over a year ago

stoke on trent

I even put a few tips on my profile

over a year ago

I agree with this. It's good at the moment because you can filter people who message 'up for fun now babez???' or 'my cock is hard, want it?' etc etc.

If they are they kind of person I want to know about it before I meet, not have them show up and be something I totally wasn't expecting.

over a year ago

".....and a blow by blow idea of how to fool people........"

That's a very good point, however whilst I think it may get the individual to a social I think that in person it's pretty easy to filter out those who's real personalities don't match their projected image.

I would also agree that whilst a little wordy the information was sound advice.

over a year ago

Manchester

"

I'm not as far as hull, how's about I come to you then "

!!!

(A bit of embarrassment)

over a year ago

Manchester

"I even put a few tips on my profile"

Single guys, bit of advice... don't hassle anyone, never hassle for a meet, actually make a conversation and you'll get to meet the elite people

Agree. Elite people! Elite swinger !!

over a year ago

Manchester

"

I agree with this. It's good at the moment because you can filter people who message 'up for fun now babez???' or 'my cock is hard, want it?' etc etc.

If they are they kind of person I want to know about it before I meet, not have them show up and be something I totally wasn't expecting."

I personally prefer knowing person well before arrange any meet. This is one way. Follow hunch and do instant meet is another way. We all have some method of own

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"

I agree. It sounds mean-spirited to withhold advice and help, and I would strongly support having this kind of advice manual as a "sticky" post permanently on display in at least one of the message boards here in the forum, so that many may then refer to it, and I hope we would then see fewer woe is me, it's not fair threads posted. Those that do continue to post could in any case be directed to such a manual, but I suspect a good many post griping moaning messages just to attract attention, and aren't interested in advice..

over a year ago

Ok while I agree that it's a well thought out post and some of the advice is very useful....

A well structured message can only take you so far. Single guys need that little bit extra if they are to be successful on here, due to the high numbers.

Or like someone mentioned earlier.....

Go to a club

over a year ago

"

!!!

(A bit of embarrassment)

"

I was joking, you had to be there I suppose

over a year ago

Nope. Doesn't always work. Or it could be just my face.

over a year ago

Manchester

".....and a blow by blow idea of how to fool people........

That's a very good point, however whilst I think it may get the individual to a social I think that in person it's pretty easy to filter out those who's real personalities don't match their projected image.

I would also agree that whilst a little wordy the information was sound advice."

I'm not sure long chatting is the best way to find out for compatibility, but it works for me due to short of free time.

I do agree that actual meet up is the quick way to “feel the vibe“ (err...not literary ).

over a year ago

Manchester

"Ok while I agree that it's a well thought out post and some of the advice is very useful....

A well structured message can only take you so far. Single guys need that little bit extra if they are to be successful on here, due to the high numbers.

Or like someone mentioned earlier.....

Go to a club "

I'm fully aware that some don't like writing or reading, not be able to express themselves in writing. Not fair, I know

over a year ago

Manchester

"

!!!

(A bit of embarrassment)

I was joking, you had to be there I suppose "

Errrrr......

You know my secret...

over a year ago

Manchester

"Nope. Doesn't always work. Or it could be just my face.

"

I know this is not for everyone, but at least work for one

Finding the one is the hard part...

Post new Message to Thread