Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

New job....thank god!!!

Jump to newest

By *arkman69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Erdington

After months of working in a crap contract job I've been offered a permanent job elsewhere but can't hand in my notice for another two or three weeks. Should I start coming in late and taking the odd sick days??? Very tempting.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"After months of working in a crap contract job I've been offered a permanent job elsewhere but can't hand in my notice for another two or three weeks. Should I start coming in late and taking the odd sick days??? Very tempting....."

Well done, but if your current employer gave you your reference, or hasn't given it yet, they can easily withdraw it if you start fucking them around...it could come back to bite you on the arse...

over a year ago

No you will need a good reference. If I was your Manager and you took the piss like that you would get the reference to reflect your conduct. Leave the job graciously. These things can and do come back to bite you affecting your future. Good luck.

By *arkman69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Erdington

"No you will need a good reference. If I was your Manager and you took the piss like that you would get the reference to reflect your conduct. Leave the job graciously. These things can and do come back to bite you affecting your future. Good luck."

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thanks. Never done it before but they just took the piss anyway. Crap job, miserable boss. Anyway, I'm outta there, eventually

over a year ago

"No you will need a good reference. If I was your Manager and you took the piss like that you would get the reference to reflect your conduct. Leave the job graciously. These things can and do come back to bite you affecting your future. Good luck.

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thanks. Never done it before but they just took the piss anyway. Crap job, miserable boss. Anyway, I'm outta there, eventually "

With something to look forward to, those couple of weeks will just fly by...

By *arkman69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Erdington

"No you will need a good reference. If I was your Manager and you took the piss like that you would get the reference to reflect your conduct. Leave the job graciously. These things can and do come back to bite you affecting your future. Good luck.

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thanks. Never done it before but they just took the piss anyway. Crap job, miserable boss. Anyway, I'm outta there, eventually

With something to look forward to, those couple of weeks will just fly by... "

Too right they will. Celebrating tonight by going to freeze my ass off at the German market, haha

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Absolutely not OP especially if you like your work colleagues. You would be giving them more work to do. Also you need to be able to hold your head up high and know you did the right thing.

Slightly off tangent. But I saw the film the purge the other night. Great film. But raises a lot of issues. Just because you can? Should you? Is it still wrong?

By *arkman69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Erdington

To be honest,majority of the work colleagues here are divs. Hardly ever speak. More life in a morgue...

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Class and dignity are the way forward - don't drop your standards just because it suits.

By *arkman69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Erdington

"Class and dignity are the way forward - don't drop your standards just because it suits."

I don't plan to. Tongue is well and truly bitten. Gonna wall out with my head held high, eventually.

Post new Message to Thread