Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Where are all the women?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I convince a very attractive female friend to join fab. She puts up a profile. Nowt special - bit rushed other things to do. She thought I'll come back to fill it all in later. Get some good pics up. Returns to the site five hours later 850 messages. Freaks out and deletes her account.

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

850!! Bloody hell!

That's obscene - I can see why you women get wound up now and a prime example of why guys shouldn't get upset if their mail is ignored!

over a year ago

"So I convince a very attractive female friend to join fab. She puts up a profile. Nowt special - bit rushed other things to do. She thought I'll come back to fill it all in later. Get some good pics up. Returns to the site five hours later 850 messages. Freaks out and deletes her account.

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men."

I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman

over a year ago

I have 354 unread from today

over a year ago

"So I convince a very attractive female friend to join fab. She puts up a profile. Nowt special - bit rushed other things to do. She thought I'll come back to fill it all in later. Get some good pics up. Returns to the site five hours later 850 messages. Freaks out and deletes her account.

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men."

Got to admit I tend to see a new profile and hotlist it then if they survive a couple of weeks I message not always the case but generally

over a year ago

"I have 354 unread from today "

Plus another two now lol

over a year ago

That's a good sign for all the gay men that get off on having a 'straight' guy

over a year ago

I didnt message her. Im sure most guys who post on this thread didnt message her. A very small few use the forums so you wont get your message across on here im afraid. Also rants are so off putting

over a year ago

"I have 354 unread from today

Plus another two now lol"

Not from me lol

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman "

You're often stating this statistic, what is it based on and how did you come to this figure??

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I only lasted a few days! Even then I only had 300 unread messages, if memory serves me right, then I came back a week later and learnt how to apply filters along with growing a thick skin, so yes to a newbie, this site is very daunting indeed!

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman

You're often stating this statistic, what is it based on and how did you come to this figure?? "

I know lol, cos been using sites for years and as well seen it from a womans view

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman

You're often stating this statistic, what is it based on and how did you come to this figure?? I know lol, cos been using sites for years and as well seen it from a womans view "

So its just a random figure you plucked out of the air??! lol.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

That's always the case with newbies. Did you not prewarn her or tell her how to apply settings. It can be overwhelming if your not sure what your doing

over a year ago

You're often stating this statistic, what is it based on and how did you come to this figure?? I know lol, cos been using sites for years and as well seen it from a womans view

So its just a random figure you plucked out of the air??! lol. "

no its not and as well when doing searches here for men and women, you can see it better from that way

over a year ago

To be honest OP, I can't say I'm surprised.

One of the reasons I tend not to message brand spanking new women profiles is precisely because I know my message will be lost in a sea of hundreds of others.

Really do feel for you ladies when it comes to being inundated on a daily basis.

over a year ago

Well I must be as ugly as sin with the most unattractive profile on fab then

Cos I don't get more than ten new triers in a day and that's on a busy day

Or maybe I have my filters set to stop it

I also think it depends a lot on where you live, I'm in the Welsh sticks, if I was in or close to a major conabation where statistically there are more people on fab within a set radius then I'm sure my and every other woman's profile would get the amount of mail talked about

over a year ago

So the chances of a fuck are 100/1. Good job ive got a right hand

over a year ago

I've said several times that for new profiles it would make far more sense for all the filters to be on and let people select who they want to message them

over a year ago

You're often stating this statistic, what is it based on and how did you come to this figure?? I know lol, cos been using sites for years and as well seen it from a womans view

So its just a random figure you plucked out of the air??! lol. no its not and as well when doing searches here for men and women, you can see it better from that way "

So how did you come to that figure, is it based on the percentages of men and women on this site??

over a year ago

"Well I must be as ugly as sin with the most unattractive profile on fab then

I also think it depends a lot on where you live, I'm in the Welsh sticks, if I was in or close to a major conabation where statistically there are more people on fab within a set radius then I'm sure my and every other woman's profile would get the amount of mail talked about "

over a year ago

So it's not a random guess.......it just happens to be EXACTLY 100:1.

Amazing that

over a year ago

I think that you can't take this all too seriously!!! Take it all with a pinch of salt....if the women can't take the attention well then really they aren't ready to be on here. Just chill xx

over a year ago

"I think that you can't take this all too seriously!!! Take it all with a pinch of salt....if the women can't take the attention well then really they aren't ready to be on here. Just chill xx"

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman "

id say add another 0 and your allmost there

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

Yes , as I posted before. I helped female friend set up profile on here. She had nearly the same amount of mail in a couple of days. Applied filters for her. Yet most could have not read her profile. All were males. She has still her profile , but now very wary about site.

By *r_TrojanMan
over a year ago

In The North

Must be some seriously sex starved fellas on this site...!!

over a year ago

I have had 3 accounts on here. Each time I rejoined the same men instantly messaged me,quite a lot of them

over a year ago

"Must be some seriously sex starved fellas on this site...!!"
good chance a fair few have turned bi because of it

By *ambslass48Woman
over a year ago

Peterborough

I only get a couple of messages feel unloved lol

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.I know its similar to most women, I haven't had that amount of emails for the 2 years I been here lol. The ratio is 100 men to 1 woman id say add another 0 and your allmost there"

Yes 1000

over a year ago

"I have had 3 accounts on here. Each time I rejoined the same men instantly messaged me,quite a lot of them "

Like a bull to a red flag

over a year ago

"I only get a couple of messages feel unloved lol"

You really should not have said that

over a year ago

Thats why women can be so picky on fab. So guys when you get a no thanks its not to say your a ugly c##t just that theres so many guys to choose from

over a year ago

Can I have her number?

over a year ago

I must be doing something wrong, I get nowhere near that haha

over a year ago

"I must be doing something wrong, I get nowhere near that haha"

Wow, Miss hotasfuk, I so wish you were nearer - i'd certainly be messaging you for a meet xx

over a year ago

"Thats why women can be so picky on fab. So guys when you get a no thanks its not to say your a ugly c##t just that theres so many guys to choose from "

This! I turn down some lovely guys purely because if I met all of them I wouldn't get anything else done - like eating and sleeping.

It doesn't mean they are ugly. And I say not my type to some guys but then some really "hot" famous actors are not my type either although other women drool over them.

But it's hard to get that across in a rejection message.

over a year ago

I also think it depends a lot on where you live, I'm in the Welsh sticks, if I was in or close to a major conabation where statistically there are more people on fab within a set radius then I'm sure my and every other woman's profile would get the amount of mail talked about "

glad I'm not the only women getting more than 20/30 a day

was thinking oh hell time to leave lmao

over a year ago

"I think that you can't take this all too seriously!!! Take it all with a pinch of salt....if the women can't take the attention well then really they aren't ready to be on here. Just chill xx"

over a year ago

"I think that you can't take this all too seriously!!! Take it all with a pinch of salt....if the women can't take the attention well then really they aren't ready to be on here. Just chill xx "

Wow, can I have your number too ;p

over a year ago

"That's always the case with newbies. Did you not prewarn her or tell her how to apply settings. It can be overwhelming if your not sure what your doing

"

if I help anyone set up a profile I apply all filters for a few days xxx

over a year ago

"I have had 3 accounts on here. Each time I rejoined the same men instantly messaged me,quite a lot of them "

Then they leave it a month and try messaging again.........forgetting you have politely turned them down already

over a year ago

And even worse when you set up another account, everybody you block, find you again haha

By *iuliettaWoman
over a year ago

DEVIZES

I guess it must be just my age and profile with me then since I dont have any public pics! I get a few a day but I do have a fairly narrow age range specified and everything else blocked

over a year ago

We recommended this site to a afew lady friends, and the first thing we always tell them is set your filters before you finish the profile. Two of them couldn't cope with the amount of mail and after a week gave up on the place even after their filters were set. We think newbies should be given some breathing space of limit to amount of people able to message them for the first week

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Mrs Cherry set up a single profile filtered on age and gender etc and still gets inundated to the point where she cant actually reply the site has become a mecca for a desperate single make seeking a quick shag im afraid.

over a year ago

"I have had 3 accounts on here. Each time I rejoined the same men instantly messaged me,quite a lot of them

And even worse when you set up another account, everybody you block, find you again haha"

over a year ago

"Mrs Cherry set up a single profile filtered on age and gender etc and still gets inundated to the point where she cant actually reply the site has become a mecca for a desperate single make seeking a quick shag im afraid.

"

It's this exactly I'm afraid. Now ive been on here for over a year and even I was shocked. There was nothing on her profile that was sexy or suggestive, in fact v bland. I would love to know how many she would of got if she would of put a picture up as she is truely stunning.

One positive tho I had a quick look at some of the messages - all standard fancy a fuc/hi babes shit but I did not recognise one name from the forums! (Even shag tnight wasn't there with his baseball cap at a gaunty angle)

over a year ago

When I first joined it took me a week or two before I could be arsed to get photo verified, upload any photos or even really write any profile text. In that time I received an incredible number of messages, many saying things like 'wow, you look great'. So much so I created a 'how the fuck do you know' cut and paste message for a day or so.

If you just get used to bulk delete and leave it be a couple of weeks it gets back to much more manageable levels so I would have advised my friend of that.

Oh, and these were not just from single men but about a third from couples too.

over a year ago

There are often over 20,000 people online at a time. Even if only half of them were men that's still 10,000 guys who might individually message a new lady to say hi. Blissfully unaware of all the other guys doing the same.

Suddenly 850 messages doesn't seem so many. Only 8.5% of the guys.

By *onia ParadiseWoman
over a year ago

Blackpool

Not a new problem, but it is getting worse! i'm lucky if i get under 200 messages a day, and if i'm online they come in quicker than i can delete them.

Even on our couple's profile a 100 or so a day as we do meet singles.

Also get the carpet bombers every Friday & Saturday copy n paste same message to probably dozens of girls and the same message every week.

Recently i have noticed an influx of guys from dating sites as they ask if i'm on any as it's 'easier to chat' Plenty of Fish is one that springs to mind, but then not surprised with a name like that there are no many ladies/girls on it!!!!.

So i delete loads without reading sadly, then you get the silver n gold members who see you have deleted the messages and get arsey and abusive to try and provoke a response it's a shame because the good guys sometimes get missed.

I always try to reply to the polite messages, who've sent me a face pic and i can tell have read the profile and not solely focused on asking if they can smash your backdoors in!.

So the good guys should never give up, try and get a verification at least, actually write something on your profile and be patient, unless of course you're lush then wink wink wink x

over a year ago

As a single female, id set up a profile with no pics or info on it. Leave it for a day or two and block those who had messaged. ..seemed desperate to me that they messaged someone that had no info...

over a year ago

So fellas that is why there are so few women on here. You scare them off! Pouncing on the newbies like fresh meat. Don't you see you are part of the problem! And before I get slated for single men bashing - all the messages were from men.

I've said several times that for new profiles it would make far more sense for all the filters to be on and let people select who they want to message them"

over a year ago

"As a single female, id set up a profile with no pics or info on it. Leave it for a day or two and block those who had messaged. ..seemed desperate to me that they messaged someone that had no info..."

I did exactly that when I started this profile. And still do when I have no profile sometimes.

over a year ago

"I only get a couple of messages feel unloved lol"

Me the same but then I've filters to block people I'm not interested in

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Not a new problem, but it is getting worse! i'm lucky if i get under 200 messages a day, and if i'm online they come in quicker than i can delete them.

Even on our couple's profile a 100 or so a day as we do meet singles.

Also get the carpet bombers every Friday & Saturday copy n paste same message to probably dozens of girls and the same message every week.

Recently i have noticed an influx of guys from dating sites as they ask if i'm on any as it's 'easier to chat' Plenty of Fish is one that springs to mind, but then not surprised with a name like that there are no many ladies/girls on it!!!!.

So i delete loads without reading sadly, then you get the silver n gold members who see you have deleted the messages and get arsey and abusive to try and provoke a response it's a shame because the good guys sometimes get missed.

I always try to reply to the polite messages, who've sent me a face pic and i can tell have read the profile and not solely focused on asking if they can smash your backdoors in!.

So the good guys should never give up, try and get a verification at least, actually write something on your profile and be patient, unless of course you're lush then wink wink wink x "

Sorry, but if you had filters on then there is no way in hell you would be getting over 200 messages daily!

over a year ago

"I have had 3 accounts on here. Each time I rejoined the same men instantly messaged me,quite a lot of them

Like a bull to a red flag "

I think it's a race to see who can get in first

over a year ago

Sums it up really

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

After years on site and filters in place to my liking I don't get that many a day now. If I put new pics up then yes my mail creeps up.

I do block people I have said no thanks to on a regular basis. It saves them messaging me again quite simply.

I must have blocked so many people that there aren't many to message me lol.

It works for me as if I have said no thanks once then pointless allowing them to message me again. Just block.

over a year ago

Thats what I think too

I would also have made sure I had warned my friend of the overwhelming amount of attention she would receive as a newbie

over a year ago

"I think that you can't take this all too seriously!!! Take it all with a pinch of salt....if the women can't take the attention well then really they aren't ready to be on here. Just chill xx

Thats what I think too

I would also have made sure I had warned my friend of the overwhelming amount of attention she would receive as a newbie"

Oh I did! But 850 was even more than I had predicted. I think the automatic filters defaultis a great idea.

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"

I've said several times that for new profiles it would make far more sense for all the filters to be on and let people select who they want to message them"

Now THAT makes lots of sense.

Post new Message to Thread